Did Thanos block this attack with the Power Stone?

• 55 results
xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Did Thanos block this attack with the Power Stone? (39 votes)

Yes 38%
No 62%
No Caption Provided

Was having a discussion and a lot of debate went down over this feat. I’m pretty sure most people lean a particular way on this, but I wanted to put a poll out. Ty for the input

• 
xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Havenless

It appears he did, but by how the directors confirmed he whipped the hulk without it, safe to assume he would have been fine without doing that.

More likely he was setting up his next attack, which was taking that thing apart in an explosion. Power stone hasn’t really been shown to deflect or reduce power/kinetic energy, so it’s fair to say he’s planning ahead and not actually using it to block. If he were to try and dodge it, space or reality would make more sense, further supporting he’s doing something else.

But the eye test makes it appear shielding is what’s happening, either way could be right.

Actually what was the scene just before this? Was he charging up an attack on strange and turned at the last moment?

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?? I don't know, if thanos did indeed block then it shows weakness tbh. To be scared of some metal while he's out there destroying moons.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skrskr

Power stone hasn’t been shown to be able to block anything or amp ones durability.

If anything he was gonna blow it up but it came down too quick

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I meant to vote no but put yes instead.

He used to power stone to destroy the building, yes. But he still tanked the attack. The power stone doesn’t magically shield you or increase your durability. That argument is made by salty fanboys who make fun of MCU characters for being weak and then debunk all of their feats.

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: You can start camping on this thread. The usual DCEU wankers will start coming in to argue in some way or another that Thanos needs the power stone to survive that attack. Its funny that none of them ever tried out-arguing me.

Oh BTW guys, I don't take battles and feats discussion seriously.

Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: @havenless:

I think you guys are right. The Powerstone wasn't shown to block and he was likely trying to destroy it or attack. It does seem to have a short charge up time. If he was blacking it like that it would have stopped upon impact of the gauntlet imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I meant to vote no but put yes instead.

He used to power stone to destroy the building, yes. But he still tanked the attack. The power stone doesn’t magically shield you or increase your durability. That argument is made by salty fanboys who make fun of MCU characters for being weak and then debunk all of their feats.

i think the point is he could've made a hole in the middle and he didnt take any impact.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@germanx: @mr_shazam0920: I’m far from a DCEU fanboy, and I personally thought there was enough evidence for Thanos blocking there

X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: If he did he would have destroyed the building immediately. It took a moment for him to destroy it.

Also, literally right after Star Lord says to Tony “yeah only if you wanted to piss him off” when Tony said it was a piece of cake.

The Hulk in Avengers 2 crashed through a building and had it all fall on top of him with no damage, not a scratch. Now all of a sudden Thanos can’t handle this attack.

Like I said, the lowball and mental gymnastics on this site.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s possible that he was attempting to destroy it, but it fell on top of him before he could do so.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s possible that he was attempting to destroy it, but it fell on top of him before he could do so.

exactly

Heres a frame by frame shot, he never uses it to block it

right to left

Theres no forcefield or anything

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Amcu

Never thought he was trying to block it. There's not really much reason to believe so and this feat doesn't really matter much for Thanos considering Iron Man performed a much better version of it minutes later. And Thanos wrecked him.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: I had a fairly strong opinion on this earlier, but @oreoghoul: made some pretty dang good points, so I’m trying to figure out my position on this myself. That being said, if Thanos wasn’t trying to block it, why would he activate the power Stone?

X

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@amcu: I had a fairly strong opinion on this earlier, but @oreoghoul: made some pretty dang good points, so I’m trying to figure out my position on this myself. That being said, if Thanos wasn’t trying to block it, why would he activate the power Stone?

X

To attack Iron Man.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@amcu said:

Never thought he was trying to block it. There's not really much reason to believe so and this feat doesn't really matter much for Thanos considering Iron Man performed a much better version of it minutes later. And Thanos wrecked him.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That attack from iron man caught thanos completely off guard. That light from the power stone was for an intented offensive move against strange which he didn't get the chance for

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It glowed right before the attack, so I assume that he at least tried to.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: But he was looking and raising his arm to block from the attack..

X

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@amcu: But he was looking and raising his arm to block from the attack..

X

I'd say its more like he was raising his arms to attack Iron Man with the power gem. Notice that he's actually pointing his fist at Iron Man the same way he does when he was about to kill him after winning their fight. He didn't raise his arms in defensive position. He didn't create a shield like he did against Wanda. Infact I don't think the power gem even creates shields.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: How would he even know it was stark? Stark was behind the building, so there is no way Thanos could have seen him

X

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Amcu

@xzone said:

@amcu: How would he even know it was stark? Stark was behind the building, so there is no way Thanos could have seen him

X

Does it really matter? He saw something coming, knowing it was an ambush and decided to attack it. That seems the most logical conclusion based on his actions.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: You were making a difference between attacking the object/Stark, not me

X

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Its an irrelevant distinction. Iron Man or the ship Iron Man was flying, what does it matter?

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I clicked the wrong option.

Yeah, looks like he did though

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The stone is glowing so obviously yes.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: If he did he would have destroyed the building immediately. It took a moment for him to destroy it.

Also, literally right after Star Lord says to Tony “yeah only if you wanted to piss him off” when Tony said it was a piece of cake.

The Hulk in Avengers 2 crashed through a building and had it all fall on top of him with no damage, not a scratch. Now all of a sudden Thanos can’t handle this attack.

Like I said, the lowball and mental gymnastics on this site.

That part is debatable. Tony koed Hulk with a single punch after the fact. Even before the building feat, Tony knocked out one of Hulk's teeth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: He had not a scratch on him. He came out of the rubble ready to go, but upon seeing the devastation he realized what he had done and calmed down. Tony KO’d him with a surprise punch. The Hulkbuster already showed its striking power, which is no joke.

Also, that scene was used as a transition. How else was the fight going to end?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Again, you were the one who made that distinction

X

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: He had not a scratch on him. He came out of the rubble ready to go, but upon seeing the devastation he realized what he had done and calmed down. Tony KO’d him with a surprise punch. The Hulkbuster already showed its striking power, which is no joke.

Also, that scene was used as a transition. How else was the fight going to end?

I would say getting a tooth knocked out is scratch. True the scene was used as a transition but imo they should have just showed Hulk turning back into banner instead of punching him, which lead to a ko. Now Hulk got stronger in ragnarok but I just dont think using pre-rag Hulk is a good way to explain Thanos' durability for the scene in the OP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: What I’m trying to illustrate is that a feat like that is not unprecedented. Hulk had a similar feat with no apparent or long lasting damage and it was established very early on that Thanos > Hulk.

This is a villain with almost 20 movies and 10 years of build up. We need to apply maybe a little bit of logic here as well. He should be formidable. That’s all. I’m not saying he’s Doomsday level, but he’s a force.

In that same scene, Star Lord, who has knowlege of Thanos, tells Tony that the building attack will only piss him off. He knew it wasn’t something that would hurt him.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The stone is glowing so obviously yes.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: Yes I agree Thanos is a force. His pwning of Hulk and Thor is enough to set that standard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: The WODC guys constantly bash the MCU characters and say how weak they are, but on the other hand, they never allow the MCU guys to have any feats. It is ridiculous.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he tried to destroy it, but was too late. He got buried underneath the ship and tanked it.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: standard comicvine bruh. When it comes to the battle forums there will always be wankers and lowballers.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: While you’re here, wanna give your opinion on the topic at hand?

X

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Supermanforever

@xzone: he just activated space stone to pass trough. Even if he just let it drop on his head, i dont think it would have done much. I think tanking and no selling hulks blows, thors SB lighning blast etc are more impressive than the ship dropping on his head.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: I agree with some of that, but the space stone wasn’t activated

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalcaptain: @skrskr: The Power Stone Actually did show shield affects in IW. He used in when blocking Stark’s repulser blasts

X

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was genuinely pissed it landed on him which to me says he wasn't actually trying to block it but destroy it. It fell on him super fast as well so he never got the chance to unleash the attack until he was inside the ship. Also if he really wanted to block it he would have used the space stone to create a shield or straight up halt it.