Did Obi-Wan ever surpass Dooku as a duelist?

PrimeJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Whether you use ROTS, the dark times, ANH, Rebels, anything or anytime you think is his prime purely as a duelist

Note that the only factor the force plays here is for augmentation, not taking into account using it for offensive reasons, simply dueling.

Personally I think Kenobi by the time he fights Grievous is a slightly better duelist than Dooku, and from then on he was always slightly better. The only duelist I'd put on his level are Vader, Palpatine, and Yoda

Thoughts?

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never did

MeatballNomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

I would put Obi-Wan at his peak around Dooku level, but still below. Dooku lives and breathes dueling, and has fought toe to toe with Yoda before.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

considering he’s about to compete with vader, yes he did and ahsoka did as well.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

considering he’s about to compete with vader, yes he did and ahsoka did as well.

Thought you had them as equals?

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19: i always say i have ahsoka slightly above him, but that could change further depending on the feats he gets in kenobi’s show. like i said before though malachor vader > rebels vader > kenobi vader. so if vader displays crazy feats it just makes ahsoka’s fight with him far more impressive in the long run.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nassergrant19

@emmafrostxmen:

i always say i have ahsoka slightly above him,

I was talking about Ahsoka and Dooku.

but that could change further depending on the feats he gets in kenobi’s show. like i said before though malachor vader > rebels vader > kenobi vader. so if vader displays crazy feats it just makes ahsoka’s fight with him far more impressive in the long run.

Ehh…

No Caption Provided

I think it’s pretty clear Ahsoka will stay the same due to her fight not being equivalent of her being on the same level of Vader. Meanwhile that will be the case of Kenobi and most objective SW debaters know he will likely be Titan level or higher when the show comes out.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@nassergrant19: firstly, i was talking about ahsoka and dooku as well. i’ve always stated i held ahsoka above dooku, but within the same tier. depending on how vader is in the show though scaling may bring her up a tier simply due to her confirmed contention with a superior amped version of vader.

secondly, i am very objective when it comes to star wars. i’ve backed up everything i’ve ever said within the context of the universe. had kenobi’s show taken place following rebels i’d be inclined to agree that he would 100% scale above her, but due to this not being the case and objective debater would have to agree under the circumstances ahsoka’s feat is more impressive just simply due to the opponent being much more powerful and experienced overall.

third, the vader she fought and factually contended with is canonically >> the vader he’s fighting and is going to have a great fight with. that inherently means he’s << the vader ahsoka fought…unless kenobi stomps the vader he’s fighting he still loses to ahsoka through simple scaling off of a superior amped (confirmed) vader. not to say that ahsoka is >> kenobi, but she will wind up being at the very least > kenobi due to scaling. like i said had his series taken place after rebels or had he legitimately stomped vader then i’d agree his feat is much better, but this isn’t the case.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nassergrant19

@emmafrostxmen: Except the difference is Ahsoka’s fight with Rebels Vader was never close nor portrayed as equals. She simply fought him and held her own.

There are literally two canon characters that are suited Vader tier(Luke/Sidious).

Being on his tier places a character above the ROTS Titans. Kenobi will most likely be equal/on par with that Vader since they fight twice. This will easily place him the above the Titans and far above Ahsoka tbh. That’s at least how most SW debaters will see it.

As of now ROTS Kenobi and BOBF Ahsoka are in the same tier tho.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably, just not as powerful which is why he always lost anyway.

Avatar image for daddyprometheus
DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaddyPrometheus

In Legends he was roughly Dooku's equal in ROTS, but that was his prime in that continuity, so in Legends he never outright surpassed him.

In Canon, however, depending on how well he fares vs Vader in the upcoming Kenobi tv show, he could be above: If he gives Vader a good fight, then he will obviously be superior to Dooku, who is below enraged Anakin, who is << Vader.

Considering that it was said that Obi-Wan would be at his strongest ever during the series, i think this scenario is very likely, and it could possibly be used to scale ANH Kenobi above Dooku as well, but it depends.

Avatar image for daddyprometheus
DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: Except the difference is Ahsoka’s fight with Rebels Vader was never close nor portrayed as equals. She simply fought him and held her own.

There are literally two canon characters that are suited Vader tier(Luke/Sidious).

Yeah, this, Ahsoka is not = Vader by any means, especially considering that Vader is potrayed as having internal conflict in the first half of the fight.

If Kenobi actually manages to give Vader a good fight he will be far above that version of Ahsoka by feats.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19 said:

Yeah, this, Ahsoka is not = Vader by any means, especially considering that Vader is potrayed as having internal conflict in the first half of the fight.

If Kenobi actually manages to give Vader a good fight he will be far above that version of Ahsoka by feats.

Facts, and he’s confirmed fighting twice. Dude gonna be Titan lvl or above lol.

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daddyprometheus said:
@nassergrant19 said:

Facts, and he’s confirmed fighting twice. Dude gonna be Titan lvl or above lol.

He’s gonna fight Vader twice?

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#16 frozen  Moderator

Bump.

advent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By advent_

No, I think Vader just degraded in skills and was adjusting his saber skills to be better. Canonically I think before the events of Fallen Survivor he's only known to have to fought like three Jedi Masters and two Knights.

Altho I agree Kenobi definitely surpassed Dooku in the force.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers