#1 Edited by Mister_Stark (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

He gave Arya the dagger in season 7 in the same spot she killed the NK, not only that but the way he thanked Theon (to me) seemed like he was thanking him for holding off untill Arya was ready.

So did he know that was going happen? Was that his plan all along?

#2 Posted by tensor (8576 posts) - - Show Bio

He is the three eye raven

#3 Posted by Mister_Stark (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor: So do you think he knew? He can see the future just not clearly as the past. Remember when he saw the green wild fire and then Cersei blew up the church afterwards?

#4 Posted by tensor (8576 posts) - - Show Bio

He also mentioned the Night King would come for him not kill him.

So he knew what was up.

#5 Posted by Mister_Stark (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor: that is true.

I have to re watch it when I get back but I heard Jon was actually yelling "GOOO!" At the dragon as a distraction for Arya to get past it. Because he fought the dragon at the entrance of the Gods wood. I think it's far-fetched but I'mma turn my headset up and listen for it.

#6 Posted by tensor (8576 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_stark: Yeah I heard it the second time around after I turned on my Home Theater system.

#7 Posted by Mister_Stark (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor: So he was distracting the dragon for Arya?

#8 Posted by FaradaySloth (10615 posts) - - Show Bio

He probably saw how terrible his character arc would turn out to be so he just gave up and accepted for him being useless, so he acts like it.

#9 Posted by Mister_Stark (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: his character has been among the best and it's not over.

#10 Posted by FaradaySloth (10615 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_stark: Dude you're on your 5th account. Just stop talking about Naruto, Game of Thrones, and MCU, it's just annoying now.

#11 Posted by MetalJimmor (6579 posts) - - Show Bio

He seemed to know how to set the pieces in a way that would result in that possible future. However I don't think he necessarily knew 100% that it would go down the way it did. More he knew giving Arya the dagger would set things up to potentially end that way. Most likely he gave Theon the pep talk because he saw through his ravens that Arya was coming, as he predicted, and knew Theon needed to buy her a little more time.

The thing is the Night King has often displayed a similar level of clairvoyance. He knew trapping Jon on that island would bring Dany so he could get a dragon to bring down the Wall. He even brought exactly three javelins, one for each dragon. He seemed like he could see the future too, which suggests he and Bran were playing some sort of chess game trying to out-maneuver the other.

I am really hoping we learn Bran was doing some time shenanigans next episode. See what all he really did to set up the Night King's fall. I don't mind Arya getting the kill, but I really hope more went into making that happen than what we saw.

#12 Posted by Mister_Stark (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: I have two accounts one I made years ago and couldn't remember the login info and this account.

#13 Edited by Mister_Stark (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: Yea it did seem like the Night King knew what to do and when to do it. Maybe the Three Eyed Raven was like his kryptonite the one person he couldn't see.

#14 Edited by FaradaySloth (10615 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_stark: Nope. Your other four accounts were Ezrael, Tetsukage, Xyzen, and A_Girl. Funny how the latter only lasted a day though. I guess you just rage quit whenever you get flagged lul. Advice: stay away from the Vine, you seem to have a serious obsession over it to create this many accounts.

#15 Posted by Mister_Stark (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: My other account is @Unrelenting which I made like 5 years ago.

#16 Edited by Spambot (9470 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course he did. He thanked Theon for buying the time he'd need to live and for Arya to do her deed. The show just chose not to give us that insight because then it ruins the suspense of the entire episode if we know beforehand how it ends. That's likely why we'll get very little of Bran timewalking the rest of the season.

#17 Posted by JediXMan (42873 posts) - - Show Bio

He absolutely knew.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#18 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22876 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, he knew for exactly 3 years -- the same amount of time the writers knew :/

#19 Posted by The_Magister (14421 posts) - - Show Bio

Arya Stark stomps.

#20 Posted by kgb725 (19545 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: He could be the ace in the hole against Cersei

#21 Posted by Richubs (5693 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#22 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17086 posts) - - Show Bio

He been knew.

#23 Posted by Spambot (9470 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@spambot: He could be the ace in the hole against Cersei

He could definitely still play a role in the story but I don't think we'll see him walking through time much.

#24 Posted by Emanresu_20 (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

As other people said before I feel like he was playing a chess game with the Night King. Who could put maneuver who the best.