#1 Posted by Trololololol (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf has been getting a lot of hate .

Are there people here who think that this criticism is unfair ? And that SteppenWolf was actually a decent/good/great villain ? And if you do , then plz mention the reasons for it .

#2 Posted by MonsterStomp (35335 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a simple character. Like really simple. Which makes him uninteresting, and the CGI worsens things.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
#3 Edited by war of light_2814 (1435 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him better than Malekith and Ronan for what it's worth.

#4 Posted by All-Father (4672 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just your typical CGI Monster, there is nothing to like about him.

#5 Posted by Trololololol (127 posts) - - Show Bio

There must be something good about him ?

#6 Posted by MAZAHS117 (9776 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He’s a weightless one-dimensional videogame Boss. I’m pretty sure I battled him in Final Fantasy 8 or 12

#7 Posted by Mrnoital (6876 posts) - - Show Bio

he was fairly simple, but not as bad as reviewers are making him out to be

#8 Posted by Aros001 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the way he said some things, so he was a bit fun to watch in that regard, mostly he just doesn't have much going for him than just being an enemy for the heroes to fight. Which is a shame honestly. With Luthor and Joker, people are already very familiar with those characters and thus already have expectations for what they should be like and be less willing to accept any changes. But with Steppenwolf, even comic readers who know Darkseid are not always that familiar with Steppenwolf, so the movie could have done anything they wanted with him and had a lot more breathing room than they did with some of their other villains.

#9 Posted by Galactic_1000 (3349 posts) - - Show Bio

Am waiting for zack's JL

#10 Edited by Itachus17 (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazahs117 said:

No. He’s a weightless one-dimensional videogame Boss. I’m pretty sure I battled him in Final Fantasy 8 or 12

This XD.

#11 Posted by MightyKalEl (1317 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a simple villain, nothing to like about him maybe except his voice in the movie.

#12 Posted by nehyolaw (311 posts) - - Show Bio

There's nothing to like but nothing to hate either. As CGI goes, it really wasn't bad. My only complaint was that he was a bit too weak I guess. They better not make Darkseid weak.

LOL

#13 Posted by TheNoobStomper (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. They pretty much reused his jump attack animation a couple of times throughout the movie (like its Dragon Ball), he had no actual character depth and he was pretty much your typical galactic conquering brick. I dare say Malekith was more developed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a18d03ac37dc
#14 Posted by deactivated-5a18d03ac37dc (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#15 Posted by DeathandGrim (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

He was not threatening. Nor was he likable or hateable. Wasn't relateable. He was just pure solidified, CGI plot.

#16 Posted by OneWithReason (748 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him..

Not a great look but he was a good threat on screen until Superman showed up.

#17 Posted by RBT (16498 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked his lines and motivation, but that's about it. A very average villain.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#18 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (4331 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him better than guys like Malekith, Ronan, Yellowjacket, Whiplash, Killian, etc, but he was still an aggressively mediocre villain. He had material motivation, he was pretty intimidating, and he had great voice-acting, but that's about all he has going for him. He wasn't given time to develop and his CGI was a bit lacking. I don't think he was as bad as people make him out to be (certainly not worst CBM villain), but yet another sign that CBM's need to start giving a bit more focus to their villains.

I'm just hoping that Thanos and Darkseid won't end up in the same boat, those are villains that deserve the spotlight. They need to be more than just powerful, they need to be intelligent and defined.

#19 Posted by Farkam (10508 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the voice acting, even though it was nothing special.

#20 Posted by blackagar (943 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm indifferent.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#21 Posted by buttersdaman000 (20705 posts) - - Show Bio

He reminded me of generic MCU villains. His CGI, while sometimes too noticeable, wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. IMO, he had the most consistent CGI in the film whereas Cyborg looked like a ps2 character at times.

#22 Posted by Helloman (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, he was too simple and uninteresting as a villain. Definitely did not like him.

#23 Posted by black_wreath (13366 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Ciarán Hinds' performance. Under a lesser actor he would've been a lot worse.

At least he had a motivation?

#24 Posted by StormShadow_X (13488 posts) - - Show Bio

He was okay. I'm not seeing how he's a horrible worse than malekieth villain. He's about the same as MOST standard MCU villains.

#25 Posted by JakeFuryV2 (287 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a short glimpse of Apokolips would have helped tremendously.

#26 Posted by Chris-Sama (3039 posts) - - Show Bio

A slightly better doomsday. Which isnt saying much. The Dceu has a legit villian problem with the only good one being zod.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#27 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (9285 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't find him all that bad until Superman came.

Avatar image for ithemanwithoutfeari
#28 Posted by ITheManWithoutFearI (6492 posts) - - Show Bio

A slightly better doomsday. Which isnt saying much. The Dceu has a legit villian problem with the only good one being zod.

#29 Posted by PenguinDust (5289 posts) - - Show Bio

Without exaggeration, a bag of potatoes would have been more interesting. Actually, now that I say that I'd like to see more produce cast as villains in film.

#30 Posted by NathanTheCynic (15 posts) - - Show Bio

He wasn’t that bad.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#31 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (15218 posts) - - Show Bio

People are blowing him out of proportion. He was average, serviceable and well-acted.

I guess that's what happens when the rest of your movie isn't up to par - people focus more on the worst aspects. You don't see a lot of people hating on GoTG because of it's villain, but TDW on the other hand....

#32 Posted by Sergeant-RL3 (2058 posts) - - Show Bio

He's somewhere between Darren Cross and Malekith. Not good.

#33 Posted by ODIN619360 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama said:

Avatar image for blackestnight93
#34 Edited by blackestnight93 (14819 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the voice, but the fact that he was absolute fodder to Superman was a bad decision imo. DC needs to treat their movie villains with a bit more respect if you ask me.

#35 Posted by StellatedColt (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple, yet pleasant. I enjoyed him. When he rekt the Amazons, I was hyped. Although, I kinda wished he did some damage to Supes. Idk maybe bruise him up a bit. I just expected him to be a bit stronger. Other than that, I had no complaints.

#36 Posted by Au_141 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Goddamnit. The first New God to play a major role in a CBM is just a generic space monster.... Smh

Avatar image for manonthemountain
#37 Edited by Manonthemountain (538 posts) - - Show Bio

You're all too WEAK to see the truth

#38 Posted by m2k (201 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I thought Ares was bad? This guy definitely takes the cake.