Devoe On Flash Is Boring

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

The actor that plays him is doing the best job he possibly can, but the character is pretty boring. The one thing he has going for him was he was somewhat caring for his wife, but now that’s dead too cause he treats his wife like crap now. He’s a mustache twirler with a big secret evil plan. I find him to be a really big disappointment after the last season teased him pretty hard.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This whole season has been disappointing

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he's kind of creepy. I thought the scene where it was revealed he repeatedly erased his wife's brain to be creepy. It depends what his plan is (haven't seen the recent episode).

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I thought it was kind of meh. I thought the fact that he previously had a good relationship with his wife humanized him, but once that episode played out they took that away.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just what is the Enlightenment ?

Thedarkking25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thedarkking25

@mickey-mouse: he shouldn't have body switched that ruined his character

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_ninja: I’m guessing it’s a way too make everyone super smart. But, I’m guessinf it’s gonna kill a large percentage of people who’s brains can’t handle it.

@thedarkking25: Yeah that too.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could have been developed for maybe two whole seasons. To me, if he was smart enough to know everything, why couldn't he have fixed his own body besides the body switching? Like make an antidote even if that was used during the previous seasons, transfer the dark matter energy somewhere else like into robot bodies or containers instead? If they wanted the mind transfer idea, he could've had mechanic develop some tech and gear to capture the bus metas or others and put them under either of their control in acquiring what they need like starro or the Grodd method. The mechanic could've been persuasive and manipulative with others goals if they decided to not use that method, and just have expendable people or created other means of making and mimicking powers to be used by anyone.

The relationship he had with the mechanic could've been a high point as they win some battles, trick flash, and do whatever else, imo.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

ignVela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I thought it was kind of meh. I thought the fact that he previously had a good relationship with his wife humanized him, but once that episode played out they took that away.

Sometimes writers are afraid of humanizing a villain character to avoid making them less of bad guy. But making people just evil makes them a robot which is pretty boring.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ignvela: Yeah and see that was his one good trait is treating his wife well and they threw it in the trash. They should have keep the couple close, but you can tell the next episode is going to be the wife turning against him. He’s just your typical mustache twirler and the character has very dry/cliche dialogue written for him. They did a great job with the first 2 seasons. The last two have been pretty lackluster, but at least saviatar was mysterious until the disappointing reveal of evil Barry...

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought season 2 was garbage, but this season is mehh

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not a huge fan of DeVoe either. I think he is a great villain in terms of power level, but character wise, my interest has only gone down as the season progressed.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was better in the beginning of the season imo

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just think he's crazy.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're about to end season 4 and I still don't see the point of Devoe.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole series got boring after season 2.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I like him, but he does need a proper end goal or it's all for naught

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if he has a great plan that blows my mind, he's still boring...his character dialogue is stiff as a board. He had one defining character trait and they threw it in the trash...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@saintwildcard said:

Even if he has a great plan that blows my mind, he's still boring...his character dialogue is stiff as a board. He had one defining character trait and they threw it in the trash...

Dialogue is a subjective matter, but one that I don't entirely disagree with you (I do like the guy that plays him and his accent). I like him more conceptually in that he's a strategist on a level that keeps beating Flash and challenging him in a way that he's never been challenged. Flash keeps failing and not amount of hope speeches and running faster is going to beat him. So for that alone I applaud him as a villain since he is a much needed change of pace from he 3 variations of speedsters we got for 3 seasons.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kind of starting to like him now that he's going psycho. But overall, he is a very boring villain, especially compared to the other Flash villains like Reverse Flash and Zoom.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm kind of starting to like him now that he's going psycho. But overall, he is a very boring villain, especially compared to the other Flash villains like Reverse Flash and Zoom.

Zoom sucked. Maybe I'm in the minority when I say this but I actually liked Savitar more than Zoom. Zoom was boring and generic whilst Savitar despite being underutilised and disappointing was interesting.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlerfan77: I agree about Savitar, he had such potential and the writers blew it, same with Killer Frost. They should have/could have been the best villains in the cw verse but...

Thedarkking25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlerfan77: zoom was better then

Prometheus both was crazy a shit but teddy Sears as zoom was way better I mean he killed it with those crazy scenes

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkking25 said:

@riddlerfan77: zoom was better then

Prometheus both was crazy a shit but teddy Sears as zoom was way better I mean he killed it with those crazy scenes

Prometheus was unique, memorable, well written, well acted, sympathetic and chilling. Zoom was a generic, boring psychopath and Teddy was horrible at trying to be menacing. Savitar was at least interesting, had potential and was somewhat memorable. Zoom was just a dull generic psychopath. Doesn't help that his backstory was cliché in itself but was even more cliché because it's the same as Barry's and shows what Barry could have been. Unfortunately that trope is overused and cliché. Zoom even kept flinching whenever his name was mentioned. That's as bad as Martha. He's literally pathetic as a villain and I'll never understand how he has such a large fanbase.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlerfan77: i thought Savitar was Bada**.

He had potential and was mucxh better than Zoom but overall he was far to underutilised and mostly disappointing.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Super_ninja

@riddlerfan77: plus ,i like the idea of an Evil Barry Allen Speedster.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster said:

Zoom sucked. Maybe I'm in the minority when I say this but I actually liked Savitar more than Zoom. Zoom was boring and generic whilst Savitar despite being underutilised and disappointing was interesting.

I completely disagree. Zoom was absolutely terrifying and psychotic. He was one of the best psychopaths and most terrifying villains ever on DC-TV. Every scene he was in was almost a horror scene.

Plus, I loved the Zoom-Jay Garrick plot twist.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate how many liberties the show has been taking with characters and even misuse... like Mirror Master or Abra Kadabra being 1-off guys..

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the recent episode was dumb. Kind of joining the Devoe hate train now....

Avatar image for thecomiccrafter
TheComicCrafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The "evil, mustache-twirling villain" thing could've actually worked and been a lot of fun if done right; the guy is a 40's villain, so that kinda fits anyway. But instead we got a villain with seemingly all the life and entertainment value sucked out of him. They could've had a slow progression from evil super-smart lawyer to mental-powered supervillain to digital duplicate just like in the comics to spice things up.

Avatar image for thecomiccrafter
TheComicCrafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@riddlerfan77: Prometheus, unique and memorable? What universe are you from? The Arrowverse neutered him from one of the best fighters in the DCU with an insane variety of weapons to just some guy with a sword and arrows in an unrecognizable mess of a costume. Thought he was Ragman when I first saw him.