#1 Edited by TheDeathstroke (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

Thoughts on the latest issue? Personally loved it.

#2 Posted by Renny (3359 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it. Wanted more action. There was some good dialogue though.

#3 Posted by MrAbductor (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

I've liked the entire run so far.

I would've prefer Priest to give us more on Terra and then follow on with this arc.

#4 Posted by Black_Arrow (10286 posts) - - Show Bio

It was awesome can't wait to see what the conflict brings.

#5 Posted by TheDeathstroke (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrabductor: eh, Terra’s actions seemed pretty random considering her attitude towards Slade earlier in the run

#6 Posted by MrAbductor (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrabductor: eh, Terra’s actions seemed pretty random considering her attitude towards Slade earlier in the run

I just wanna know where she or the Power girls are going to end up now.

#7 Posted by TheDeathstroke (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: Agreed. I didn’t think too highly of the plot when it was first introduced, but Priest did a hell of a job.

#8 Edited by TheDeathstroke (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

@renny: I would’ve liked liked more action too. I love how Slade constantly mentions how superior he is to Bruce lol.

#9 Posted by jashro44 (53706 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think there is going to be a lot of action. I think there might be one big fight at the end. I enjoyed the issue a lot. For some reason I thought this was pretty badass.

No Caption Provided

#10 Posted by Renny (3359 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedeathstroke: Yea. And Priest mentioned that is the approach he'd take. But I'd like to see Batman come up with a clever way to challenge Slade.

I like when Slade said something to the affect of

You prevent crimes because I let you.

#11 Edited by entropy_aegis (20906 posts) - - Show Bio

So my thoughts or more like a breakdown.

Loved Alfred and Wintergreen interaction, so natural and I actually think they're the ones behind this whole affair.

Slade and Talia were a thing lol, Talia's previous sexual encounters were with Bane and Jason Todd and ofcourse Batman.

Damian isn't Slade's son, that thankfully has been addressed right from the get go.

Batman's characterization was top notch, every scene with Batman was a show stealer. Tom King and James Tynion are an embarrassment next to Priest, they should be ashamed at how they've neutered Batman on every level to wank their pets.

We got Dick and Joey's thoughts on Bruce and Slade. They're the good sons, I expect Grant and Jason next as they're the bad sons. That leaves Rose, Damian and Tim. I can see Tim being side stepped, Rose and Damian are thematically closer to each other than Rose and Tim. They're both the cocky ninja babies of their respective families.

The tone of this story was pleasing, its clearly a sort of spy vs spy storyline.

We've got ourselves a mystery, the art was great this was close to perfect as you can get.

Conclusion: Loved it.

Edit: I also appreciated the use of the classic Robin costume. I wont say I'm a fan of the costume but its part of DC's history. Owning it adds authencity to the story, like it actually happened. Especially in a week where Batman 44 took to show you all of Catwoman's old costumes but was too ashamed to show Robin's costume and ended up with that New 52 version thus completely breaking the tone and flow of the story. The editors in the Bat office are dunderheads. I've spent a lot of time ragging on Tynion and King but the editors deserve the blame too.

@renny said:@thedeathstroke: Yea. And Priest mentioned that is the approach he'd take. But I'd like to see Batman come up with a clever way to challenge Slade.

Bane made a similar speech in I am Bane though, super villains are known for their ego.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#12 Edited by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

With one issue Priest has done with Batman what King has failed to do so for 40+ issues. Quality start for a story arc that i questioned at first yet it may prove to be magnificent.

#13 Posted by Black_Arrow (10286 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: I hadn't really paid attention to the Billy and Alfred interaction but re reading it, yeah It seems that they are pitting them against each other. It would make sense other than Talia and Ra's, they would be one of the few people that can get everything that it was needed to set this up.

I also really liked that they quickly dismissed the whole Deathstroke as Damian's father as none sense and that the real problem is that someone has that level on information and went through a lot of trouble to get it to Batman.

I love how Priest despite firmly believing that Batman doesn't stand a chance against Deathstroke in a direct confrontation, He managed to make Batman look fearsome and an actual threat to Deathstroke.

It will be great to see him keep his promise and stopping Slade from killing until he resolves the mystery.

#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (20906 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: Yeah, I can see the motivation being something like " Slade looks at Bruce and sees how much better he can be and Bruce looks at Slade and realizes he needs to tone it down lest he ends up like him". It fits with the structure and nature of Priest's run which has always been a family soap opera. Even Joey's fiance was killed by Rose. The culprits I believe will be characters who're already established which is what good mystery story telling is all about unlike cough Hush cough Lincoln March. So I dont expect Ra's or Talia. It could even be the Robins or Adeline.

Agreed, that was clearly a marketing angle to draw in readers and the issue so far has has such good wom that I think readers will continue even without it. Infact discarding that plot point may even have created goodwill.

Yup, Priest is professional for the most part. He doesn't let personal beliefs get in the way.

This was just the tip of the iceberg. The next months will be one wild rollercoaster ride.

#15 Posted by The_Kidd (12324 posts) - - Show Bio

Good start while the paternity thing was misdirection still feels kinda soap operaish.

#16 Posted by Charan_ (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it. Priest wrote Batman better in one issue of Deathstroke than King did in his 40+ Batman issues.

#17 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven’t read it yet but all these positive comments make me glad to be picking this story up. Seems Priest has embarrassed King and Tynion in portraying Batman properly and a proper contrast between Slade and Bruce has a lot of potential.

#18 Posted by deathstroke512 (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good.Waiting for more action.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
#19 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

So my thoughts or more like a breakdown.

Loved Alfred and Wintergreen interaction, so natural and I actually think they're the ones behind this whole affair.

Slade and Talia were a thing lol, Talia's previous sexual encounters were with Bane and Jason Todd and ofcourse Batman.

Damian isn't Slade's son, that thankfully has been addressed right from the get go.

Batman's characterization was top notch, every scene with Batman was a show stealer. Tom King and James Tynion are an embarrassment next to Priest, they should be ashamed at how they've neutered Batman on every level to wank their pets.

We got Dick and Joey's thoughts on Bruce and Slade. They're the good sons, I expect Grant and Jason next as they're the bad sons. That leaves Rose, Damian and Tim. I can see Tim being side stepped, Rose and Damian are thematically closer to each other than Rose and Tim. They're both the cocky ninja babies of their respective families.

The tone of this story was pleasing, its clearly a sort of spy vs spy storyline.

We've got ourselves a mystery, the art was great this was close to perfect as you can get.

Conclusion: Loved it.

Edit: I also appreciated the use of the classic Robin costume. I wont say I'm a fan of the costume but its part of DC's history. Owning it adds authencity to the story, like it actually happened. Especially in a week where Batman 44 took to show you all of Catwoman's old costumes but was too ashamed to show Robin's costume and ended up with that New 52 version thus completely breaking the tone and flow of the story. The editors in the Bat office are dunderheads. I've spent a lot of time ragging on Tynion and King but the editors deserve the blame too.

@renny said:@thedeathstroke: Yea. And Priest mentioned that is the approach he'd take. But I'd like to see Batman come up with a clever way to challenge Slade.

Bane made a similar speech in I am Bane though, super villains are known for their ego.

Basically this. Issue was amazing and can't wait to see more of it. This is going to be the best Deathstroke book since Judas Contract.

#20 Posted by entropy_aegis (20906 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by TheDeathstroke (2925 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by TheDeathstroke (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

@renny: lol “Don’t confuse me with some lunatic who dresses as a Penguin”

#23 Posted by Renny (3359 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#24 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Second part was solid as well. Interested to see how Priest writes Talia.

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
#25 Posted by DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

The contrast between both Batman and Slade with different character perspectives was great.

I think the inevitable battle with Batman will be a well written/drawn one as well