Deadpool 2 is dropping on May 18th now. New Mutants delayed till 2019.

• 70 results
tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Deadpool fans won’t have to wait as long as expected to see the film’s sequel. According toThe Hollywood Reporter, 20th Century Fox is shuffling the release dates for its slate of X-Men films, moving Deadpool 2 to May 18th, two weeks earlier than its original June 1strelease date

Deadpool 2 isn’t the only film on the move. The studio is also bumping its horror-tinged The New Mutants nearly a year. The film was originally scheduled to be released on April 13th 2018, but now it won’t be arriving in theaters until February 22nd, 2019. THR reports that the moves are partially to ensure that The New Mutants and Deadpool 2 don’t overlap theatrical runs in some overseas markets.

The studio’s long-delayed adaptation of Gambit is also getting pushed, moving from February 14th, 2019, to June 7th, 2019. That shift comes alongside the revelation that director Gore Verbinski has departed the project due to scheduling issues.

Source

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Smart. I'm not in too much of a rush to see New Mutants anyway to be honest, the trailer did not inspire interest at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Considering the New Mutants movie looks horrible, I doubt anyone will care.

Wait, their plan is to move their movie to 2 weeks after Avengers Infinity War opens and one week before the next Star Wars movie... that is a bad idea.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So lets look at may 2018 now

May 4th- Infinity War

May 18th- Deadpool 2

May 25th- Han solo film

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, their plan is to move their movie to 2 weeks after Avengers Infinity War opens and one week before the next Star Wars movie... that is a bad idea.

Strange... but its great for us!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849 said:
@misterwhisper said:

Not really, it means that all 3 will hurt each other's box offices, which means less money for all of them, which is not good for anyone.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849 said:
@misterwhisper said:

Not really, it means that all 3 will hurt each other's box offices, which means less money for all of them, which is not good for anyone.

Dude you never know... these films could all do well.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So of all the dates available in 2018 Fox decided the best time to release Deadpool2 was two weeks after the most anticipated cbm of all time? ok then.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to hurt Infinity War's legs and likewise it will be hurt by Infinity War and Han Solo. I'm bumping my predictions for Infinity War down. I'll go with $1.3-$1.5 billion as a close estimate and $1.2-$1.6 as a longer one. I could easily be wrong though.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, this came out of nowhere. I don't remember the last time a major movie shifted a release date within months of it's originally scheduled date.

As for New Mutants, I don't really care. I'm not looking forward to it that much anyway. But for Deadpool 2, I am glad we're going to get it a little bit earlier, although I may not be seeing it in theaters since it's so soon after Infinity War.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: Also infinity war drops on April 25th-27th in theses countries. Source.

Australia25 April 2018
Belgium25 April 2018
France25 April 2018
Italy25 April 2018
Netherlands25 April 2018
New Zealand25 April 2018
Sweden25 April 2018
Argentina26 April 2018
Brazil26 April 2018
Czech Republic26 April 2018
Germany26 April 2018
Greece26 April 2018
Greece26 April 2018(internet)
Hungary26 April 2018
Poland26 April 2018
Singapore26 April 2018
Bulgaria27 April 2018
Estonia27 April 2018
Spain27 April 2018
UK27 April 2018
India27 April 2018
Iceland27 April 2018
Japan27 April 2018
Turkey27 April 2018
Vietnam27 April 2018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849:

I am sure they will all do well, pretty sure that IW will still pull 1.3B and Deadpool 2 should just barely clear 1B, but they both could have done better if the moved Deadpool to like later in June or really anywhere else.

It would have been better off staying at June first, at least then nothing cuts its legs off instead of Solo coming the next week.

Although I really don't see Solo doing very well so it might not matter.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Royal_Warrior

@misterwhisper: Star Wars movie is gonna be a massive failure, Disney are expecting for it to bomb and lose 100 million +

So it won't provide much competition

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll still be seeing both when they come out, if I can. Good to have an offical release date for Deadpool 2 though. I know when to get my chimichangas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a terrible idea.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17 JediXMan  Moderator

Here's a scary thought.

All four films are or will be owned by Disney, and that's where the profits are going.

Food for thought.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I care. I think the New Mutants movie looks bad ass. It'll suck waiting a whole other year, but I've had worse things happen to me. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Here's a scary thought.

All four films are or will be owned by Disney, and that's where the profits are going.

Food for thought.

lol

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is definitely people at Fox movie studio extremely salty with the Disney-Fox deal...

This is not good at all for Avengers Infinity War and Deadpool 2...

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

There is definitely people at Fox movie studio extremely salty with the Disney-Fox deal...

That's what I saw someone else say and I agree it seems that way but it doesn't make sense. Fox just sold themselves to Disney for a ridiculous amount of money because they wanted to focus on other stuff. Why try and mess with them now?

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet, Deadpool 2 looks hilarious

Also I highly doubt this will hurt Infinity War. The IW hype is unreal, there’s no way this movie isn’t steamrolling everything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie:

Then why would they want to put deadpool 2, opening 2 weeks after it to get steamrolled?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't care about seeing another Deadpool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good dont release something if your not sure about it but then again dont let the idea die out

deadpool 2 next to infinity war seems cocky though

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Lol

They know it's going to suck so now they'll have an excuse and something to blame and fall back on

MajorSour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849:

I am sure they will all do well, pretty sure that IW will still pull 1.3B and Deadpool 2 should just barely clear 1B, but they both could have done better if the moved Deadpool to like later in June or really anywhere else.

It would have been better off staying at June first, at least then nothing cuts its legs off instead of Solo coming the next week.

Deadpool 2 barely clear 1B? I highly doubt so, Deadpool (2016) seemed more of a fluke boosted by excellent and somewhat unique and novel marketing. It won't work a 2nd time.

Infinity War will most likely gross over 1 billion, but I have a feeling it might end up lower than Avengers Age of Ultron's 1.4 billion because the audience may be saving their wallets for the Infinity War sequel in 2019. Think in the sense of how the box office performed for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films part 1 and part 2.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't gonna watch it anyway.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tj849

@rbt said:

NM or DP2?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849 said:
@rbt said:

NM or DP2?

New Mutants. I'm excited for DP 2, even though I wasn't a huge fan of Deadpool.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@tj849 said:
@rbt said:

NM or DP2?

New Mutants. I'm excited for DP 2, even though I wasn't a huge fan of Deadpool.

Fair enough, DP was a bit meh.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn that sucks I was looking forward to seeing the new mutants movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majorsour: yeah drop DP2 to 880m now with the competition

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jedixman said:

Here's a scary thought.

Food for thought.

I think that might be why Fox is bumping up Deadpool, to get those profits before the takeover goes through

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Why the hell would you release you sandwich your movie in the middle of Infinity War and Han Solo?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey:

I would assume that they simply had to move New Mutants because it is not going to make it in time, or simply because it sucks so bad they need more reshoots and had to fill the slot that Fox had reserved and Deadpool 2 was the closest thing they had.

It was a HORRIBLE idea.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@misterwhisper said:

@theamazingspidey:

I would assume that they simply had to move New Mutants because it is not going to make it in time, or simply because it sucks so bad they need more reshoots and had to fill the slot that Fox had reserved and Deadpool 2 was the closest thing they had.

It was a HORRIBLE idea.

It is a horrible idea. Why do you NEED to fill the slot?

Also, New Mutants sounds even MORE terrible than I initially thought it would be:

"Word on the street is that after NEW MUTANTS tested well but not great, the studio decided to actually embrace the film’s horror elements and beef up the scares in the wake of the success of IT and GET OUT last year."

Sounds like more jump scares to me.

The New Mutants is inspired by the classic story “The Demon Bear Saga” and is planned to be the first installment in an X-Men movies horror trilogy.

Wonder how they're gonna have time to make a whole trilogy before Marvel decides to scrap it.

CP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think anyone truly cares about New Mutants, it looks like a dumpster fire ready to happen, I am intrigued by the Deadpool 2 move though, why put yourself anywhere near Infinity War?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@jedixman: FEED My Wallet!!!! I am a HUNGRY GOD!!!

CosmicMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t see any good in this situation. Sure, fans will get to see Deadpool 2 two weeks earlier, but does it really matter? I would have rather waited a brisk 2 weeks rather than potentially risking potential box office revenue for both Avengers: Infinity War and Deadpool 2. And while Solo might underperform, it’s still going to be a threat for Deadpool.

Huge mistake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3daad020468
deactivated-5b3daad020468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I'm infinity more excited for Deadpool 2 than either star Wars or the avengers. Fox really did make the best CBMS , rip Fox you will be missed.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Asgaard
@amcu said:
@asgaard said:

That's what I saw someone else say and I agree it seems that way but it doesn't make sense. Fox just sold themselves to Disney for a ridiculous amount of money because they wanted to focus on other stuff. Why try and mess with them now?

Fox's owners (Murdochs) sold the movie studio and some Tv assets to Disney, that deal didn't involve the say of the movie division executives, that are only employees and would probably lose their job, (or at least their executive/decisions role), now, after this move their are certainly losing their job when the acquisition by Disney is complete.

This move was basically the only shot that the mentioned executives had that could actually mess with Disney, yet it shows how much they actually care for the Deadpool 2 movie success, in the original movie all already was about Ryan Reynolds commitment and passion for the project...

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 higherpower  Moderator

Dope

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not great particularly for non-frequent movie goers that go less than once a month. Bo will be affected for all movies slightly I think.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I was actually looking forward to New Mutants.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
@amcu said:
@asgaard said:

Fox's owners (Murdochs) sold the movie studio and some Tv assets to Disney, that deal didn't involve the say of the movie division executives, that are only employees and would probably lose their job, (or at least their executive/decisions role), now, after this move their are certainly losing their job when the acquisition by Disney is complete.

This move was basically the only shot that the mentioned executives had that could actually mess with Disney, yet it shows how much they actually care for the Deadpool 2 movie success, in the original movie all already was about Ryan Reynolds commitment and passion for the protect...

I get that they would be upset to lose there jobs but this just seems cold. I mean this isn't going to get them there jobs back. Considering this what do you think Infinity War will do at the box office now?

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper said:

@tj849:

Deadpool 2 barely clear 1B? I highly doubt so, Deadpool (2016) seemed more of a fluke boosted by excellent and somewhat unique and novel marketing. It won't work a 2nd time.

Infinity War will most likely gross over 1 billion, but I have a feeling it might end up lower than Avengers Age of Ultron's 1.4 billion because the audience may be saving their wallets for the Infinity War sequel in 2019. Think in the sense of how the box office performed for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films part 1 and part 2.

Deathly Hallows pt2 did about $85M better than pt1 because it was released in the summer vrs November.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My thoughts on this train wreck of a decision- Dead Pool 2 is probably expected to be lousy (Getting rid of Tim Miller was a God awful decision) and moving it closer to the path of Infinity War gives them an excuse for why it does poorly, and it's a spite shot against Marvel.

New Mutants must also be expected to bomb, and they don't want to lose more money on it. Better to let Disney handle this disaster next year?

Whatever Inifinity War grosses, it would have done a hundred million better without Deadpool running up against it (1.6 instead of 1.7B ?) and Dead Pool will probably make around 550M instead of 650M.

If Deadpool 3 ever surfaces as a Fox movie, I would expect something along the lines of Lake Placid 3 in quality.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost nobody gives a damn about the New Mutants movie anyway. And Deadpool's high gross wasn't related to the movie's quality. It was due to people's fascination with the character, very well done marketing, Ryan Reynolds prior association with the character, footage leaks and stuff like that. The movie was sort of made on a dare. It clicked with the audience with all the violence and Deadpool's signature comedy. There's no guarantee that Deadpool 2 will replicate the success of Deadpool. Opening day collections will be good though. People like the character.

Infinity War's overall gross would be hurt if Deadpool 2 turns out to be a good film. It will sell like hot cakes in that case. And there's the Han Solo film. Not very hyped but it's a part of Star Wars franchise so it's gonna sell due to the rabid fandom.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@g2_ said:

I was actually looking forward to New Mutants.