No Caption Provided

#102 Posted by ToRANBlAk (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Well lets hope that he wont fuck up.

#103 Posted by JakeFuryV2 (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder how Tomasi and Jurgens feel?

#104 Posted by Titanbreaker (1304 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#105 Posted by ValorKnight (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis isn't as bad as everyone makes him seem; I'm actually not too worried.

#106 Posted by Aros001 (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

When Bendis is good, he's really good, but when he's bad it tends to have an impact. Given how well Superman has been doing since Rebirth began, fans are naturally a little worried that it will the latter Bendis who will come in and try to fix what's not broken.

Obviously, it's still best to wait for the first issue and actually give the guy a chance before condemning his work.

#107 Posted by ValorKnight (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:
@valor_175 said:

When Bendis is good, he's really good, but when he's bad it tends to have an impact. Given how well Superman has been doing since Rebirth began, fans are naturally a little worried that it will the latter Bendis who will come in and try to fix what's not broken.

Obviously, it's still best to wait for the first issue and actually give the guy a chance before condemning his work.

True enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d
#108 Posted by deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed happy, family life, sparkling personality, tempered with age, etc. Superman...why change the ongoing things?

#109 Posted by DeathandGrim (4842 posts) - - Show Bio

He's definitely very hot or very cold. I honestly have so many reservations

#110 Edited by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

oh well, I am glad I am not a Superman fan, may he rest in peace...

#111 Posted by FeRDNYC (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness said:

It actually pains me that the trunks are back.

I had the exact same reaction! I mean, even his son mocked the underwear-on-the-outside look, in one of the early post-Rebirth Superman or Action Comics issues (providing probably the best father/son moment the two of them had shared, up to that point), which felt like DC tacitly acknowledging just how silly that look really was. I enjoyed it both as a character-development moment, and as a metacontextual pulling-aside of the drapes over the window in the fourth wall.

But for them to go from mocking it, to now bringing it back only two years or so later... now it just leaves me wondering, do they even read their own comic?

#112 Posted by FernandoBello (13 posts) - - Show Bio

The new artists from Batman/Detective Comics suck, every other comic book now looks prettier than Batman. I hope Superman doesn't have the same shitty end. The story sucks even more.

#113 Edited by FernandoBello (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no... Anything from Marvel will completely further ruin and corrupt DC... Why are all these Marvel assholes crossing over now? Did DC got sold/bought/alliance with marvel? Is that why Batman v3 is so shitty and crap? Batman is ruined, now it is a team of heroes, it no longer reads as a batman book... It was destroyed. Same for Detective Comics, all ruined with these awful Marvel idiots taking over.

The Ultimate Spider-Man is the absolute worst series of Spider-Man... Sounds like he was hired for only one reason, to make DC more diverse?

#114 Posted by Rainshadow777 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very late here. So many conflicting emotions - where do I start?

Firstly, the current Superman book is great at the moment. It has a fantastic balance and it feels really good. I'll be really sorry to see Tomasi and Gleason go. But at the same time, I'm interested and very apprehensive to see what Bendis will do with it. It's sort of a fascinating experiment and I'll be checking it out for sure.

What concerns me most, however, is that Bendis is getting Superman (which for some reason is going back to number 1, which is way too soon) and Action Comics. The idea that a writer who is stepping into DC and a new character after so long in Marvel will have the narrative control and creative material for two concurrent titles based around the same character is crazy.

Why not just give him one Superman title and, say, a Green Lantern book or something? Not that I want to see that happen, but surely writing two books on the same character is going to cause confusion or at least a watered down set of narratives. Divide and conquer. Bendis is going to be drowning in Superman. He'll be lying in bed at night with Superman swirling around in his head as the pressure of two titles eats at him, never giving him a moment's peace.

Obviously Bendis has signed a huge deal here to get these books as well as Action Comics #1000, which is a significant honour and surely something that should have gone to one of DC's well deserving and long-serving writers?! He will have Superman Number 1 and Action Comics 1001. They are seriously handing him the keys to the kingdom. WHY???

#115 Posted by TheDeathstroke (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis isn’t bad though, I enjoy his work. I don’t see an issue

#116 Posted by MacDonald (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedeathstroke:

Can't agree there. Bendis is often quite awful and tends to pull a lot of the same stuff. He also can not write big events or action. He always has some action piece cuts away with a cliff hanger then comes back to someone usually a woman describing what happened after the fact. Once I'm after the 5th time I was sick of that.

But man he usedbto be good his Daredevil run was great and I just read Alias which is more or less a great companion piece to daredevil bit that was 17 years ago.

Infamous ironman gave me some hope he was getting better again though he just tried a new twist for the ending..

When it was just a miniseries he was announced I was more ok with this. But Jurgens has been doing a amazing job and Tamari has been pretty good too taking them off sucks bad

#117 Edited by Blackdog2009 (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

FU BENDIS! My worst fears come true, the comicbook writer I hate the most with a passion is given reigns on my favorite Superhero!! And putting the trunks back... TALK ABOUT BACKWARDS DC!!! End of an era for me. I've been buying Superman books for decades, not anymore, at least not those.

Bendis drove me away from Marvel years ago. Wow, history repeats.

#118 Edited by Blackdog2009 (3763 posts) - - Show Bio
#119 Posted by IceDemonKing (10009 posts) - - Show Bio

I only do this because I love you all

No Caption Provided

#120 Posted by KanyeCosby (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully, he will at least get better feats than what he has right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c70e557be5ab
#121 Posted by deactivated-5c70e557be5ab (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis destroys the DC Universe!

Seriously, this is the same guy that made Iron Man a black female. I wonder if he's going to make Superman a trangendered jewish eskimo.

#122 Posted by manofsteel42 (240 posts) - - Show Bio

this site is so dead.