• 120 results
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

i miss G-man

G-Man has his own Comic Blog now. He post regularly there. Sadly it doesn't have the community forum like ComicVine does though he has a comment section for his articles

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

I can see it now... Jon Lane Kent was always Black and strangely looked like Bendis' adopted Son but some genetic anomaly caused him to appear white. Of course this will be corrected when Bendis takes over. Jon also has some weird PiS'y energy power that works whenever he remembers to use it and can 1 shot people like Starbreaker and Darkseid but not Batman or Deathstroke

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I can see it now... Jon Lane Kent was always Black and strangely looked like Bendis' adopted Son but some genetic anomaly caused him to appear white. Of course this will be corrected when Bendis takes over. Jon also has some weird PiS'y energy power that works whenever he remembers to use it and can 1 shot people like Starbreaker and Darkseid but not Batman or Deathstroke

He already has the Solar Flare.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, rest in peace Superman.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, something new on the front page. Also, I have a very bad feeling about this new direction for Superman. Prove me wrong, Bendis.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I blame the messenger.

inferiorego this is your fault. Correct your mistake.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@dernman said:

@lvenger: One thing he said that i've been waiting for a long time to hear is this.

"I have a lot of goals for Superman, one of which is to help turn Metropolis into something as provocative and unique as Gotham City is," Bendis explained. "I think everyone will agree Gotham is one of the most built and best places in all of fictional cities, and Metropolis should follow suit. So Action Comics and DC Nation will be the first hints at how we're going to be building up Metropolis. Both in people and in culture, it'll be more than just the place Superman lives. We'll be taking a good look at a lot of place we haven't looked at before."

heh Hearing those words finally spoken but it coming from Mr. Hit and Miss is.........

Let's just hope it's one of his hits.

I've thought the same thing. Gotham is often called it's own character, so the same should be said for Metropolis. Although where Gotham is a crime haven, Metropolis is more the epicenter of sci fi wackiness.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GG Supes

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

What if it’s good though?

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's what I'm being cautiously optimistic about. I'll give it a chance before I make any big judgements (though I do feel giving Bendis both Superman and Action Comics is unnecessary).

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:
@mickey-mouse said:

That's what I'm being cautiously optimistic about. I'll give it a chance before I make any big judgements (though I do feel giving Bendis both Superman and Action Comics is unnecessary).

Agreed on all points, hope for the best, fear for the worst.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Help DC, lord almighty.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Warlockmage

@magian said:
@warlockmage said:

He already has the Solar Flare.

yeah but "technically" so does Superman... no this has to set him apart from his dad and make him "better" like a "sting" or a "touch" ooooooo i know he can drain energy now... that'll be perfect

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@mickey-mouse: This is Bendis we’re talking about, fat chance it’ll qualify as good.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By mickey-mouse

@lvenger: It’s about managing talent IMO. Even incredible talent can go bad if they aren’t managed. Also I think DC has a different strategy than Marvel.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope the look won't change back to the undies look. The way he looks now is awesome, good mix of old and new 52 honestly. I don't know much about this guy's writing, I love the current guys though.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@thor_parker82 said:

Wait, so Bendis will be writing both Superman titles ?? Damn.

Both Tomasi and Jurgens were doing a phenomenal job, no idea why they changed him, unless he wanted out.

Bendis supposedly jumped ship to DC because he saw a superman exhibit as some library IIRC. Its still insane he would get both plus a mini series but I guess DC is confident in the publicity of Bendis jumping to DC. Obviously this is getting a lot of attention...

Do you mean "in/on" ??

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Lvenger

@dernman: I can admit developing Metropolis as its own world is advantageous for Bendis’ run. But what if you don’t like Mr Hit & Miss’ writing? Then you’re stuck.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm not optimistic, but I'll hold judgement until, you know...I"VE READ AN ISSIUE OR TWO!!! I don't have much faith in Bendis, but I also don't have much faith in Comic Vine predictions.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I live just south of Cleveland about 30 miles. (Go Browns..we love ya though you suck so mightily.) And they do have some pretty cool Superman stuff scattered throughout the city. Had no idea Bendis was from here, but so is Brian K Vaughn. I hope Bendis is inspired by the Superman presence here. Maybe, just maybe, the problems was more Marvel's editors than Bendis. Guess we'll all know in about 6 months.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live just south of Cleveland about 30 miles. (Go Browns..we love ya though you suck so mightily.) And they do have some pretty cool Superman stuff scattered throughout the city. Had no idea Bendis was from here, but so is Brian K Vaughn. I hope Bendis is inspired by the Superman presence here. Maybe, just maybe, the problems was more Marvel's editors than Bendis. Guess we'll all know in about 6 months.

Yea. Or it could be that Bendis ran out of creativity after 17 years at marvel. A fresh start could be good either way.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just when DC was getting its shit together... Re-telling of origin, meaning Bendis will ignore all canon and previous stories.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@dernman: I can admit developing Metropolis as its own world is advantageous for Bendis’ run. But what if you don’t like Mr Hit & Miss’ writing? Then you’re stuck.

That's why I was trying to say my feeling were all over the place on his statement. We can only hope he hit it this time and doesn't ruin Superman like he has Guardian's of the Galaxy.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By OrangeBat

@dernman said:

@lvenger: One thing he said that i've been waiting for a long time to hear is this.

"I have a lot of goals for Superman, one of which is to help turn Metropolis into something as provocative and unique as Gotham City is," Bendis explained. "I think everyone will agree Gotham is one of the most built and best places in all of fictional cities, and Metropolis should follow suit. So Action Comics and DC Nation will be the first hints at how we're going to be building up Metropolis. Both in people and in culture, it'll be more than just the place Superman lives. We'll be taking a good look at a lot of place we haven't looked at before."

heh Hearing those words finally spoken but it coming from Mr. Hit and Miss is.........

It's interesting but I think it's a misplaced idea. Superman is simply too big for Metropolis, while Gotham is quite literally Batman's entire playground in most of his stories. In order to expand Metropolis in the same way, you'd have to almost lock Superman into it, which is...not a great plan.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By dernman

@dernman said:

It's interesting but I think it's a misplaced idea. Superman is simply too big for Metropolis, while Gotham is quite literally Batman's entire playground in most of his stories. In order to expand Metropolis in the same way, you'd have to almost lock Superman into it, which is...not a great plan.

Not true for two reasons.

1. Superman has never been too big because no matter where else he travels it's still his main home and base of operations.
  2. Even if that were true that would make it all the more reason to flesh out Metropolis because it has a life all it's own even when Superman is around the world.
  • Maggie Sawyer who's actually a metropolis cop with her own unite to take down Metas. Dan Turpan, Dan Turpin, Lois and the Daily Planet, Luthor and Lex Corp, Gang Buster, Guardian, along with a high tech Intergang.

Seriously this idea that some people have that Superman is too big is just silly.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trunks do look stupid.

iro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so... is he bringing the renumbering gimmick with him from marvel, or what??

also, lol, my condolences to superman fans. who knows, maybe the dude will actually get back to putting in some effort into his work, now that he's out of his comfort zone, and end up doing a worthy continuation for this title...

chances are slim tho.

JakeFuryV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

If it fails miserably DC has no one but themselves to blame.

LawCol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll see. I just want to know when New 52 Superman will be back, and the current one go back home.

Read Superman Rebirth / Reborn Arc (I think it was in Action comics).

LawCol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I heard Bendis was going to DC, I knew part of it was because he wanted to write Superman. Still I was hoping that wouldn't be his first major project. Superman has just been retconned (Rebirth/Reborn Arc) and will probably have some extra retcon in Doomsday clock. Now they give him to Bendis who loves retconning and a #1 issue to play with and both regular Supes titles (so no checks and counters on what he does).

ignVela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ignVela

I am giving the guy a chance. Superman had good runs and bad runs. Bendis superman being one of the bad runs won't end the world for me. This is a reimagining of a superhero by a new author... that's basically what happens to comics on daily basis.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even when he was considered "good", Bendis was never a fit for Superman. His dialogue was so juvenile and jokey, his tones were ether gritty and dark or teenage and obnoxious, and he had wicked crutch for having the having a breakdown. Add this with his current problems: his stern disregard for consistent characterization, his almost insulting treatment of C Listing characters (which let's be honest is where most of Kal's cast resides) and his WANTON EDGINESS, we may be embarking on a run that'll make JMS's look like Allstar Superman.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Bendis will retcon Superman and give him the Sentry treatment.... Smh....

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Veshark

I'll withhold judgment until the first couple issues are out.

Granted, Bendis' recent runs have featured some truly horrendous/lazy writing and ideas. I'm convinced that Bendis works best on B-list characters; his work on major character titles (Avengers, X-Men, Iron Man) always seemed so mediocre, whereas he shines with second-string/self-created characters where he's given more flexibility and doesn't have to worry too much about legacy (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Ultimate Spider-Man). Though then again, he did also write what was possibly the worst Moon Knight run in the character's history.

But...he's also been exclusively writing Marvel characters for like a decade at this point. Maybe getting to play in the DC Universe will provide the creative juice for him to tell some truly stellar stories again. Bendis in recent years seemed content to ride on his past work's coattails, and maybe he just got bored of writing Marvel heroes. If we're getting a rejuvenated, excited Bendis, there's a chance that this could prove interesting. If anything, having a gritty street-level writer working on a sci-fi character could prove to be a breath of fresh air as opposed to a bad fit?

Also, the trunks are awesome.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

It actually pains me that the trunks are back.

Not sure why either. His current suit is as perfect as they'll come to a modern day Superman suit. The Trunks were never the most Iconic thing about Supermans Suit.

It was the Colors, Symbol and Cape. The whole point of the trunks was the whole strongman theme which he's evolved from over 30 years ago

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Hey at least your scene from your Bendis writes the Justice League blog might actually happen now that Bendis is over at DC.

akawiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@veshark: Hey at least your scene from your Bendis writes the Justice League blog might actually happen now that Bendis is over at DC.

The scene from my blog? Which scene? That scene? From the Justice League blog? Scene.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Also, the trunks are awesome.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack Snyder butchered Superman no else could do worse on the character

Bendis: Hold my beer

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

SP4RT4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a bit bummed we can't get an actual redesign for Superman and not just a new pair of boots, or a new belt.... now they're bringing those stupid red undies back?!?

Red undies be damned, I'll still give it a look. I'll give Bendis a couple issues to sell me on 'his' Superman. I'm wondering how the dialogue will go, and I also wonder if he's wanting to flesh out Metropolis because there's a new Metropolis tv series in the works for DC's new streaming service....

IIRC he had a hand in several of the more recent animated series from Marvel/Disney.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a nightmare this has turned out to be. Out of all the possible books Bendis could write, he had to get the ONE character he should have stayed away from. Worse, he's going to be writing both books. I'll give Bendis a chance, but I fully expect to be disappointed since Bendis has a bad habit of making controversial decisions that do nothing but enrage the fan base. And that means no Superman for me because I won't have the option of dropping just one book, but both of them. WHY DC did you have to give him BOTH books?!

Why couldn't he have gotten Plastic Man or something? WHY?!

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Rest in peace. :////

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:
@lvenger said:

The scene from my blog? Which scene? That scene? From the Justice League blog? Scene.

Hey you've still got the knack for Bendis speak I see.

Avatar image for ultimatemidtier
UltimateMidTier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL

Avatar image for ultimatemidtier
UltimateMidTier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points