DCEU's Wonder Woman's lightning timing confirmed?

TheVVitchKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@olubummo: Flawed logic Batman also reacted to Doomsday’s heat vision after it was fired does that mean he’s lightspeed?

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's not lightning timing from that scene. She's able to react in the time lightning lasts though. So that's speed. Meaning she can time and react in 30 microseconds IIRC.

And that's clearly not the return stroke...

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's not lightning timing from that scene. She's able to react in the time lightning lasts though. So that's speed. Meaning she can time and react in 30 microseconds IIRC.

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I have trouble with that part.

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Knowledge_King said:

As in she's not timing the return stroke AKA 1/3 the speed of light. She's only reacting once it's struck. And lingering.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By rajjarsalt

@Knowledge_King said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@Knowledge_King said:

As in she's not timing the return stroke AKA 1/3 the speed of light. She's only reacting once it's struck. And lingering.

I realize that, but exactly is the return stroke, then? I thought it was the instantaneous flash.

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Knowledge_King said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@Knowledge_King said:

I realize that, but exactly is the return stroke, then? I thought it was the instantaneous flash.

It is. My only point was that it's not the flash of light she's timing. People were trying to use that since it's like 1/3 or 1/2 the speed of light to amp up the feat. I was just saying...nah.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, assuming that's natural lightning, it would simply become an outlier.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@Knowledge_King: She started her swing as it was coming down. The lasso got to it as it reached the ground. But she clearly perceived it actively. I’m assuming the flash and crack was when it reached ground.

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@Knowledge_King: She started her swing as it was coming down. The lasso got to it as it reached the ground. But she clearly perceived it actively. I’m assuming the flash and crack was when it reached ground.

If you watch the video, that's her letting go of the last lightning bolt...because she has to. Not necessarily a reaction for her. The other lightning bolt's gone, forcing her hand.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes1220: Actually she started her swing before the lighting even appeared.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eri123: No she didn’t, lol. The most we can say is that she started the swing when the sky brightened. Which is even better. But the frames show her starting the swing when it’s coming down, which can be plainly seen. The fact you keep saying that floors me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Knowledge_King: “iF yOu WaTcH tHe ViDeO.” Stop. Her lasso was no longer taught clearly. Which means she already let go. What are you even talking about? The swing started in those frames.

Edit: Honestly, we can agree to disagree. You see one thing I see another.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By AbstractRaze

Tell whatever you want, cry me a river like a damn sad baby you are, but catching and swinging from a lightning bolt to another one with the Lasso, is one of the most creative, authentic and badass scenes of all times.

Sit there and cry pathetically, the old times and its iconic creativity, are coming back.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eri123: She wasn’t swinging. Her lasso was still taught and she her arm wasn’t swinging. You’re wrong, try again.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eri123: She wasn’t... your lowball is mind-blowing. She didn’t swing until the lightning started coming down.
Weren’t going to change each other’s opinion. We’re done.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By rajjarsalt

Yup the loop moves up before the strike @eri123 and she moves after it is through. It isn't gonna stop her from getting hit by lightning, though. The lightning also stayed long enough for the swing to land.

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicgirl21

Looking at previous feats, an argument can be made either way. Making an argument for her being a lightning timer can be based on grounds of in universe feats, adapted material and in universe scaling.

Regarding in universe feats, Diana interacts with lightning in her solo movie and the WW84 trailer. While both feats are vague (not clear displays), they do imply that she is a lightning timer if not more. There was a fairly large distance between Ares and Diana (in the first movie) so it is not too crazy to believe that she could react to it within that time frame (Speed/Distance). The trailer has her casually swinging on lightning and while that technically might not be a display of lightning timing it implies that she is within that ballpark and is more of supporting evidence for the feat in her first movie.

The first wonder woman movie took a lot of inspiration from the first wonder woman animated movie. In the animated movie, there is a clear display of Diana lightning timing (with the lightning moving in slow motion) during a final fight against Ares (like in the live action movies). Of course I understand that animated and live action universes are different but I am simply using it as supporting evidence since a similar feat was performed by the same character and a similar point.

A case could also be made based on in universe scaling and power levels. This heavily hinges on a comment made by Zack Snyder in which he stated that the Flash could punch at the speed of light in Justice League. Considering the fact that the fastest human punch is a little slower than 2x the fastest running speed it is fair to assume that the Flash, in justice league, had a max speed of almost half the speed of light (with Supes' being a little slower). Also in the theory of relativity, the concept of the light cone provides a possibility of time travel if someone can break the light barrier. So considering that the DCEU is heavily rooted in realism (especially when directed by Zack) and that the Flash movie was meant to be a Flashpoint adaptation, it is also reasonable to assume the Flash was going to break the light barrier in his solo movie. In justice league, Supes was able to stop Diana from clashing her vambraces and based on the estimated distance he is about 15 to 30 times faster (assuming her was moving at top speed). So if this scaling holds (and admittedly there is a lot of it), it is likely that Diana could be a lightning timer if not more. So with the Flash possibly being faster than light and Superman possibly being around a third the speed of light, is it too ridiculous for Diana's reflex/ combat speed (if not movement speed) to be within 1% the speed of light?

I think the DCEU is going to remain vague regarding certain things (like the tectonic plate shifting feat from BvS) and might even occasionally contradict them and considering Patty isn't all that concerned with power levels, I'm not sure WW84 will provide a lot more clarity (if not contradict it entirely) on this matter.

Unrelated Note: While I do not think AQ is nearly as fast as WW on land in the DCEU, I do believe that his reflexes (which I do not believe change that much out of water like his movement speed) are fast enough to operate on a level somewhat close to hers. And such facts are part of the reason I believe she received the worst treatment in JL and arguably the DCEU.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes she is no debate

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well yes she is lighting tier now

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc: Because Clark was tagged by bullets in MoS, sonics in BvS, and couldn't react to the capitol explosion, and Aquaman was getting tagged by Black Manta left and right. There was also no indication that her speed was amped by the god-mode, was there? If not, link.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let’s wait for the movie to come out first

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By rajjarsalt

Shame, if we only used the same standards for Dr Strange, Hela, and even Thor. But at face value, it's clearly intended to be catching the bolts, no matter what the frames reveal.

Hamster555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No she is nowhere this level

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more interested to see how fast and impressive Cheetah will be in combat if i'm honest.

Hamster555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Hamster555

SNyderbots never give up. Still is not gonna tag or keep up with MCu Yo-yo, Fox Quicksilver, CW Speedsters or Martians or kryptonians or Smallville Superman or smallville Martian

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hell yea brother

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Shame, if we only used the same standards for Dr Strange, Hela, and even Thor. But at face value, it's clearly intended to be catching the bolts, no matter what the frames reveal.

You really need to quit it. We actually clearly see that she tracked the second lightning and she was already swinging her lasso and crossing distance before the lightning hit the ground. She clearly, 100% reacted to the lightning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@boby501 said:

Let’s wait for the movie to come out first

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By rajjarsalt

@chimeroid said:
@rajjarsalt said:

You really need to quit it. We actually clearly see that she tracked the second lightning and she was already swinging her lasso and crossing distance before the lightning hit the ground. She clearly, 100% reacted to the lightning.

I need to quit it?

There's enough pictures in this thread that shows her mid-swing before the lightning even appears. Atleast the astral form slow-mo'd lightning better than statue force did to Flash's. The bolt being visually slow might suggest it isn't even the right "lightning speed" you'd want for the WonderWank.

The only thing Diana has for her is intent, which I was happy to use until you came along, but it isn't even good enough, being the daughter of Zeus and with that electrokinesis she used in her solo and JL. Feel free to ignore this at your will.

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Odimm

@rajjarsalt: Lmao! Your MCU fanboy justifications amuse me. How you must squirm and writhe in pain knowing Wonder Woman has feats to definitively blitz and one shot your fat boy.

OT: Yes, twice now in fact.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She also timed heat vision point blank.

No Caption Provided

Yeah it's pretty concrete lol.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By rajjarsalt

@odimm said:

@rajjarsalt: Lmao! Your MCU fanboy justifications amuse me. How you must squirm and writhe in pain knowing Wonder Woman has feats to definitively blitz and one shot your fat boy.

OT: Yes, twice now in fact.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She also timed heat vision point blank.

No Caption Provided

Yeah it's pretty concrete lol.

By that definition, Hela can time lightning too?

Inb4 any "muh it's different" from your shitty hypocritical mouth. You wouldn't even give MCU Vision-laser timing to anyone.

Not much of a feat to be less biased than an alt, tho.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#91  Edited By Lilbroomstick

No, she's more of a speedy bullet timer. Flash was clearly statuing Diana there. She could perceive the sword that was moving at about the same speed as her while Flash was moving at faster speeds.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can perceive the lightning, but it still move much faster then herself it seems.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:
@rajjarsalt said:

I need to quit it?

There's enough pictures in this thread that shows her mid-swing before the lightning even appears. Atleast the astral form slow-mo'd lightning better than statue force did to Flash's. The bolt being visually slow might suggest it isn't even the right "lightning speed" you'd want for the WonderWank.

The only thing Diana has for her is intent, which I was happy to use until you came along, but it isn't even good enough, being the daughter of Zeus and with that electrokinesis she used in her solo and JL. Feel free to ignore this at your will.

Yeah, you need to quit it. Nobody should have to freeze frame for you since we have the video. But ok, here's the freeze frames: (comicvine reversed the pic order)

1. First Swing after the backstrike 2. First swing BEFORE the backstrike.

and second swing:

1. catching the lightning 2. Mid lightning 3. Pre lightning.

She went from position on the third image to the position in the second image in the time it took the lightning to start.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: In essence, she was capable of making a full swing of her arm in time it took the lightning to cross a very very small distance. I am not saying she is moving at the speed of the lightning, but she can clearly react to it. Ofc, she isn't actually relativistic.

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Odimm

@rajjarsalt: Lmao! You can’t be serious. Who are you trying to delude here? We clearly see Hela dodge Thor’s incredibly slow strike, not the lightning. It doesn’t even fire til she’s out of the LOS. Not even close to Diana’s multiple feats of blocking energy attacks after they were fired.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By rajjarsalt

@odimm said:

@rajjarsalt: Lmao! You can’t be serious. Who are you trying to delude here? We clearly see Hela dodge Thor’s incredibly slow strike, not the lightning. It doesn’t even fire til she’s out of the LOS. Not even close to Diana’s multiple feats of blocking energy attacks after they were fired.

She literally hits the lightning tho. Not the dodging, that's not what I was using.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Oh when she hits it the blast off screen?

1. We don’t see Thor shoot it, it’s not as clear as for instance Ares where we see him fire it then Diana block it. When don’t know when Thor fires it at Hela we can’t gauge her reactions.

2. She aim blocked it. LOL.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By rajjarsalt

@odimm said:

@rajjarsalt: Oh when she hits it the blast off screen?

1. We don’t see Thor shoot it, it’s not as clear as for instance Ares where we see him fire it then Diana block it. When don’t know when Thor fires it at Hela we can’t gauge her reactions.

2. She aim blocked it. LOL.

How do you aim block a lightning blast? We can determine when Hela starts moving for that specific attack, and that's when the lightning blast is on-screen, so it can be frame calced. Depending on where you start, imo.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: First, for Hela, you can argue aim dodging because Thor was, at the time, using his sword to aim. For Diana you can't do that, because you can't know where the lightning will come from or where it will go. you have to literally react to the lightning as it strikes.

As far as your three snippets go, it's literally making my point. She totally swung her lasso during those 3 frames. In the same time it took lightning to cross a very small relative distance.