DCEU: Would any member of the Justice League actually defeat Steppenwolf 1 on 1?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

We see him tanking amazing beatings from Superman, who repeatedly used point blank shockwave punches and heat vision on him, we see him no-selling Wonder Woman's sword thrice and tanking her energy blasts, and we even see him doing all of that combined in the Final Battle. It took the combined efforts of Superman's freeze breath and Diana's piercing output to actually destroy the axe and force him weak.

So if the actual problem with defeating Steppenwolf in 1 on 1 combat is putting him down, would Clark or Diana eventually do it?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark would wreck him very easily if he were taking him seriously. I mean he literally said "Is this guy still bothering you" If he were actually trying as hard as he can he'd take him down in seconds IMO.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xzone

When you think you’re being tagged for a CAV but it’s not ?

OT: Clark would solo, Diana wouldn’t.

People still go crazy over Diana’s sword cause it pierced doomsday, but it really is not that impressive piercing wise

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They made it clear that Diana wasn't good enough. Only Superman can take him 1 on 1, he knocked him out for a short period of time after he gives him the punch/heat vision combo.

Aquaman may be able to take him after his solo movie, his old trident was already piercing him. With his new trident, we'll see.

Essem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes seemed so superiour to him that he would eventually do it. He was joking around "this guy still bothering you". He tossed him with a one arm backhand throw far up into the wall. He can defeat him fast if he really was serious.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 anthp2000  Moderator

@tonymartial:

he knocked him out for a short period of time after he gives him the punch/heat vision combo.

He didn't.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The theatrical cut of JL made it look as if Diana was completely outclassed, but some leaked/released deleted scene reveal they were fighting on more equal grounds in the more extensive encounters.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@adamtrmm said:

The theatrical cut of JL made it look as if Diana was completely outclassed, but some leaked/released deleted scene reveal they were fighting on more equal grounds in the more extensive encounters.

I never got that idea. They were fighting pretty equally, she even tagged him twice with her sword and once or twice more with her blasts, it just didn't do anything. And when they actually tag teamed him with Arthur, the only problem was putting him down. This is the exact same problem with when Superman hit him repeatedly, it did virtually nothing but knock him down.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes easily.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seemed very clear that Diana was hilariously outclassed. Clark would steamroll if serious.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheInsufferable

I mean Clark outclassed everyone in JL with such ease that it made you question why the league should even exist with him around.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By adamTRMM

@anthp2000:

He was pretty damn durable yeah, but in their encounters, from what I remember, she always ended up being dominated. It was just a matter of time that she'd go down. But then, I don't think I even rewatched just battles when it came to JL. I was too damn disappointed with the product. Knowing what is and what could be. Only ever rewatched Supes vs The League because Cav-El looked amazing right there... well, right until the ridiculous close ups took place in the end.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@adamtrmm said:

@anthp2000:

He was pretty damn durable yeah, but in their encounters, from what I remember, she was always ended up being dominated. It was just a matter of time that she'd go down. But then, I don't think I even rewatched even just battles when it came to JL. I was too damn disappointed with that product. Knowing what is and what could be. Only ever rewatched Supes vs The League because Cav-El looked amazing right there... well, right until the ridiculous close ups took place in the end.

She was never really dominated. She got knocked back but didn't lose the first time. She grbabed her sword back and tagged him but did nothing. Then, when he charged at her she hit him with an energy blast at point blank range and he tanked it. The second time she faught him 1 on 1, she got forced back again but she was just defending. She had just tagged him again with the sword but did nothing. Then, when Aquaman came in, they hit him repeatedly with blasts and tridents and all that and he still tanked it. Then Superman came and he tanked his attacks too - so I'm wondering if, since Clark and Diana can repeatedly land hits on him, they can actually put him down 1 on 1.

I know I just rewatched most of the movie in HD for like the second time and I start questioning these stuff about the power levels.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adamTRMM

@anthp2000:

Ok that puts an interesting perspective on everything involving power levels in JL. Without proper analysis you pay attention only on who's doing better in the combat, but not why. And IIRC, Supes didn't even tank any of the Wolf's hits, he simply avoided them and then ragdolled him due to superior power combos that included speed and flight. Wolf is a tank when you look at it this way.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator
Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody but Superman

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman would spank him. Everyone else would eventually die.

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knightmare Flash made it clear why the team needed to exists even when Supes is physically stronger than all of them combined. He literally told Bats to look for them. I'm not sure why people still question this.

Op: Supes.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None except Superman.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Supes and a not heavily nerfed WW.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana or supes

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Superman

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Superman.

Diana can fight him but she can't win.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#27 JediXMan  Moderator

Superman was clearly far, far superior to Steppenwolf. Nobody on the team was even close.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly...Clark and Cyborg could have handled this alone....

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman was going to smack him. Steppenwolf could tank a few hits but that's all he could do.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steppenwolf was ok but the second Superman showed up he stopped being taking seriously. He just got ass blasted for the remainder of the film. And his weapon is garbage.

OT: Superman.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#31 Magian  Online

It was clearly shown that the team couldn't handle him on its own.

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman could solo. WW potentially could too if she fought the way she did against Doomsday and/or used the speed she showed in the bank scene. She was nerfed in JL too much for my liking.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Superman beats him easily.

He beats the rest.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman was clearly far, far superior to Steppenwolf. Nobody on the team was even close.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only Superman. Wonder Woman at best only managed to hold her own, and even then, Steppenwolf was a lot stronger than her.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37 socajunkie  Online

Superman was treating him like a joke so...

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and hopefully Aquaman after his movie and Wonder Woman after hers if WB finally stops to nerf her into the ground, maybe Shazam too.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Superman was treating him like a joke so...

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Arthur and Superman.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman and Aquaman could both potentially pull a win 1v1, but I doubt either could take a majority. Arthur clearly has the tool necessary, so if he got in a lucky hit he could take it.