#1 Posted by Batman242 (12393 posts) - - Show Bio

I was unable to find any threads like it, so I decided to post.

What would the damage be to DCEU Clark had he put on the Gauntlet and how long would he need to recover from the ensuing rush of energy?

What would the damage be to him if he snaps his finger? Would he be able to heal?

#2 Posted by BalancedTruth (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

There would be no damage

#3 Edited by Thorthunder98 (6876 posts) - - Show Bio

Would be similar to what happened to Hulk I think. Hulk while very durable did so well with it because the energy was gamma, and it still burned his arm to a crisp.

Supes would probs be able to do it similar to Hulk imo, might handle it slightly better but idk he has no feats in this field really.

#4 Posted by The_Hajduk (6519 posts) - - Show Bio

Gauntlet could light up a continent. Did Tony mean literally provide power for lights? Or "light it up" as in blow it up? Like when he says "Light em up Rhodey" and War Machine bombs the area.

#5 Posted by Batman242 (12393 posts) - - Show Bio

Would be similar to what happened to Hulk I think. Hulk while very durable did so well with it because the energy was gamma, and it still burned his arm to a crisp.

Supes would probs be able to do it similar to Hulk imo, might handle it slightly better but idk he has no feats in this field really.

Well he does have the feat of surviving the nuke and it releases ionizing radiation-- Gamma is also ionizing radiation.

#6 Posted by Worldofthunder (5155 posts) - - Show Bio

Radiation decays kryptonian cells. Most of the energy emitted from the IG is gamma radioation so Clark would probably be turned into a crisp

#7 Edited by Thorthunder98 (6876 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Well he does have the feat of surviving the nuke and it releases ionizing radiation-- Gamma is also ionizing radiation.

He didn't really survive it he was dead and revived by the sun. In fact I think the reason the nuke hurt him so much was specifically because of the radiation.

#8 Posted by Batman242 (12393 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: Him dying wouldn't make sense since Zod wasn't revived by the sun even with direct exposure. He was near death at best. Adding in that he turned more and more to the sun proves that he was at least operating on a subconscious level after being knocked out.

#9 Posted by Batman242 (12393 posts) - - Show Bio

Radiation decays kryptonian cells. Most of the energy emitted from the IG is gamma radioation so Clark would probably be turned into a crisp

Burn him to a crisp as in kill him or severely damage him?

#10 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6876 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Zod was on Earth and had his neck snapped that's a bit different from energy/radiation damage. Supes was also closer to the sun and in space without any atmosphere to block the sun out.

No Caption Provided

He might not have been completely dead at that moment but he was on his way there, without the sun shining on him I'm pretty sure he would've stayed dead. He was at least about to die his skin is flaking off.

Either way the reason it effected him so much is supposedly because of the ionizing radiation which we know the gauntlet emits so there is no way he is tanking using the full IG without damage.

#11 Posted by Batman242 (12393 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98:

He might not have been completely dead at that moment but he was on his way there,

That's the point I'm making.

there is no way he is tanking using the full IG without damage.

Sure, but how much damage would he sustain? Do you think it's powerful enough to kill him? Burn his arm like it did Thanos' and Hulk's?

#12 Posted by JefferydeDucke (533 posts) - - Show Bio

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/can-dceu-superman-perform-the-ig-snap-and-survive-2018052/

#13 Posted by Batman242 (12393 posts) - - Show Bio

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/can-dceu-superman-perform-the-ig-snap-and-survive-2018052/

Thanks.

#14 Posted by BalancedTruth (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Could snap indefinitely

#15 Posted by JefferydeDucke (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Smh^

#16 Edited by DammeFavour (8500 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it would do much damage, it's just too inconsistent, he has better durability across the board than both thanos and hulk and a much better healing factor. I don't see anysituation where a human would survive in proximity of a nuke.

Most of the gamma radiation probably comes from the power stone seeing as the radiation in the space stone was not high enough to harm people according to the first avengers

#17 Posted by nightgate (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@jefferydeducke: 😂😂😂.

OT: I hate to be the one to say this, but as long as there’s a sun, he lives.

#18 Posted by Worldofthunder (5155 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: I'd say kill him because radiation is essentially an extremely rapid cancer to kryptonians.

#19 Edited by Batman242 (12393 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder said:

@batman242: I'd say kill him because radiation is essentially an extremely rapid cancer to kryptonians.

But repeated exposure to Kryptonite didn't kill him and the nuke's radiation didn't kill him. Why would one snap do the trick?

Avatar image for supermanforever
#20 Posted by Supermanforever (9026 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably injure his arm slightly. His healing factor was impressive, so he would just heal back as soon as he is under the sun.

#21 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5787 posts) - - Show Bio

Don’t know how much damage would be done, but I don’t see him healing from it if the time stone couldn’t reverse the damage

#22 Posted by Supermanforever (9026 posts) - - Show Bio

They said kryptonite rediation does weaken the kryptonian cells not all radiation. As for nuke burning him it does not add to your statment because radiation is not a heat unless its a thermal radiation. In the movie Banner satted that its emitts gamma radiation.

#23 Edited by Supermanforever (9026 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:
@worldofthunder said:

But repeated exposure to Kryptonite didn't kill him and the nuke's radiation didn't kill him. Why would one snap do the trick?

Because kryptonite is specific radiation that weakens kryptonian cells. Kryptonite does not harm humans so this stament falls apart. Also no kryptonians dont get cancer, if this was true superman would be dead easily after the nuke as his cells would be completely destroyed. But we know from JL that kryptonian cells dont decay so most likely radiation in form gamma (from IG) does not harm him or would burn to some degree. However thermal radiation could harm, but it took 150+ kelvin to burn him up. If ig was that hot by feats it would have vaporised Thanos, hulk and iron man instantly.

Simply put he would be slightly burned at best and then heal back.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#24 Posted by christianrapper (6399 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by eri123 (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

He gets damaged badly.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
#26 Posted by FinalKingThanos (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on how it works in universe he either dies from the use of it or at the very best is crippled to a degree.

Avatar image for despero_z_amazo
#27 Posted by DESPERO_Z_AMAZO (399 posts) - - Show Bio

How is his healing factor that great if it took his left cheek to heal from that cut?

#28 Posted by Batman242 (12393 posts) - - Show Bio

How is his healing factor that great if it took his left cheek to heal from that cut?

Because Kryptonite decays/deteriorates his cells via radiation.

#29 Posted by Darkthunder (3225 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: he would have his arm gone. And when has sun healed lost limbs

#30 Posted by occlusion (70 posts) - - Show Bio

No damage

#31 Posted by BOC (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on what he does with the snap. I'd say he experiences near Hulk level damage. Hulk doesn't have any radiation feats near surviving the nuke, yet I say Superman will experience damage on par with Hulk since Hulk has a resistance to radiation whilst Superman has a supposed weakness.