Dceu Superman was taken out by the nukes radiation

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Dceu Superman was taken out by the nukes radiation (28 votes)

What are you smoking? 43%
Unsure 11%
I can vibe with this 46%

I know a couple of threads have already gone and talked about this but I felt like throwing in my own thoughts on the matter. So first all start out with what happened before Clark got hit by the nuke, him being weakened by kryptinate. The reason I say this isn’t necessarily because of the scar on his face but because for his performance against doomsday. In Clark’s first in counter with the abomination being just born, he kinda gets his ass kicked

https://youtu.be/U11pBHLa4w8

(0:43)

Clark blitz’s doomsday but is basically dose nothing to him and he shrugs it off and then proceeded to throw Clark through a memorial stone then smashs him with another then chucks his ass into another building and Clark is nowhere to be scene for like a whole ass min(or two). And I think we can all agree that the guy with super hearing and mhs flight could get back to the cave troll in a matter of seconds, so supes was either KOed or extremely dazed. Now let’s compare that two after he was healed by the sun and fighting a post nuke doomsday

https://youtu.be/KoHpLUoCMt4

He was able to take multiple blows from DD and came back to the brawl seconds later and even straight up shrugged of his hv. This is obviously a massive improvement from there confrontation. Which would further imply he wasn’t exactly at his best when the nuke hit him and was still recovering from the Kryptonite. Now on to the second part of my argument, how nukes actually work in space.

https://youtu.be/Jec6ZKuYgxU

Basically to summarize this vid, when a nuke is detonated in space it’s destructive blast wave is pretty much non existent because of the lack of air in space and it reduced to heat,radiation and emp waves. So the only kinetic energy that would have come from the nuke would be the missile flying into doomsday. So now let’s deduce what took out the man of steel. It couldn’t be the emp, extremely powerful emp’s that can take out entire power girds coast to coast can’t even affect a fodder human much less turn them into a fleshy skeleton

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.outdoorrevival.com/instant-articles/what-effects-will-an-emp-attack-have-on-your-body.html/amp

Now next is heat and it couldn’t be that either seeing as Clark’s skin and suit isn’t burned or even singed

No Caption Provided

So what dose that leave us? Radiation, radiation is what bodied the weakened man of steel. Not the yield of force from the nuke.

• 
Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Didn't everybody know?

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alphamon
McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still weak

YunoboGoro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was but nerfed by kryptonite

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rajjarsalt

@alphamon:

No. Right before getting nuked, Superman took a punch from an amped Doomsday easily. In the face of this, the previous showings don't matter, and if they do, they can be easily interpreted to show Doomsday as well above Superman level, since he's supposed to be Zod developed to his physical limits at birth.

No Caption Provided

As for the damage on him, he's missing a majority of his body mass, the surface on his body looks flash-fried, some parts are blackened, and there are fine particulates of him floating around his body, sounds like heat to me. Snyder even said he came very close to death and only got revived by access to the Sun. He's just not nuke level. The meaning of "indestructible" in the DCEU, in regards to Superman's durability, stops at nuclear missiles. Even Doomsday, who is unkillable to Superman could not contain the power of the atomic blast, atleast, the remaining energy that he didn't use to grow bigger and stronger. If Doomsday didn't eat said energy and release it back on Strykers, I think Superman would have been vaporized.

No Caption Provided

But let's say the radiation did do this. Consider then, what would you think would happen if he took the shockwave, the heat, radiation, all of it front and center?

comicvine44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yep this is why he looks zombified and not bloody or burned

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alphamon

@rajjarsalt: I don’t see how being amped by some helicopter artillery is supposed to be that impressive. If doomsday was well above Clark then he would have bodied him even after getting fully healed by the sun.

um no it didn’t, it looked more like a sickley green clearly. You mean his skin flaking of? That sounds like radiation dermatitis. Ok cool, that doesn’t change the fact it was via the radiation the took him out. Kinda weird that a nuke is supposed to be the end of his “indestructibility“ chart, considering they took Clark out with the nuke the same Frank Miller did, by the radiation weakening his cells.also your last two links don’t work

Considering the radiation weakened his cells and such the blast wave would probably take him out

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was saying the same for a while, but it totally worth repeating. Nice breakdown as well.

Radiation poisoning while weakened plus tribute to Miller's "Dark Knight" by Snyder truly.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rajjarsalt
@alphamon said:

@rajjarsalt: I don’t see how being amped by some helicopter artillery is supposed to be that impressive. If doomsday was well above Clark then he would have bodied him even after getting fully healed by the sun.

um no it didn’t, it looked more like a sickley green clearly. You mean his skin flaking of? That sounds like radiation dermatitis. Ok cool, that doesn’t change the fact it was via the radiation the took him out. Kinda weird that a nuke is supposed to be the end of his “indestructibility“ chart, considering they took Clark out with the nuke the same Frank Miller did, by the radiation weakening his cells.also your last two links don’t work

Considering the radiation weakened his cells and such the blast wave would probably take him out

Well if you look at the immediate AoE afterwards it should be, none of Doomsday's feats prior to the amp were as impressive as his immediate AoE after it. I shall claim that Doomsday's AoE attacks are far above his physicals anyway. Most of Clark's feats are below this level, too. Even then, Clark taking a punch from Doomsday after your scans is important because it is more current - if we say he was weakened and it's not Doomsday being powerful, then he clearly wasn't at that level in space.

Doomsday is well above Clark. He overpowered his bullrush with a single arm, and while Clark could damage Zod (who was his peer by scaling and feats) with the full sum of his strength (necksnap), he couldn't lay a scratch on Doomsday. Not to mention how much Doomsday took in the nuclear blast vs how much Clark took. And if Doomsday could not contain the remaining power of a nuke then there's no chance Clark can take an explosion of that magnitude, radiation or no radiation.

Where is the green color on him? The skin looks white, with some black marks here and there. Where is the evidence of the radiation weakening his cells? Based on the loss of mass he is showing it looks like he nearly got skeletonized by it. If the radiation is a weakness then it should have wasted Doomsday as well.

Links should work now

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: not really since the AoE we’re going to gradually get more powerful regardless and destroy the world hence synder’s words

https://youtu.be/ogpQdKbt8iw

(2:45:17)

Ok, Clark was weakened even space seeing as after he was healed by the sun and smacked doomsday in mouth and DD immediately started adapting and evolving to take on Clark and Wonder Woman. Implying that Superman was stronger(at his regular levels of strength) then he was in his first brawl with the cave troll

When did DD ever do this? And doomsday couldn’t scratch Clark either until he evolved for like that 4th or 5th time. They took like the same amount. Considering a post nuke doomsday couldn’t contain like 1 blitz from Superman that’s pretty telling of Clark’s strength. And where are you getting that Doomsday couldn’t contain the power of the nuke?

that’s mb on that I was vaguely recalling what his skin tone looked like at the time. There’s no black marks on him

No Caption Provided

Those are just shadows. Seeing as how is body reacted by shriveling up and flaking I would assume it weakened his cells. Not really, doomsday is a human kryptionian abomination that has abilities that are unique to him and as some kryptionian abilities not all, like flight. So he probably doesn’t share all kryptionian weaknesses thanks to his weird physiology.

still not working for me dude

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yh. It's pretty obvious Clark died from radiation not the blast.