• 77 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3e40c1c0bb8
#1 Posted by deactivated-5b3e40c1c0bb8 (487 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Here, with a mere extension of his arm, Clark was able to smash material that was capable of no selling orbital re entry and flying through 4-5 buildings. This means that clarks full power punches are 100s if not 1000s of times more powerful than a punch that can destroy material that can withstand material re entry. Is it underrated?

#2 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

It is underrated and impressive, but

fUlL fOrCe oF a StArRrR!!!111

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
#3 Edited by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

Still not as strong as the Leviathan punch.

Easily 10,000,000,000 tons.

#4 Posted by Amcu (16609 posts) - - Show Bio

It isn't mentioned as much as it should be.

#5 Posted by Amcu (16609 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say this here is more underrated for Zod.

No Caption Provided

#6 Posted by Batman242 (11493 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not underrated. It's just not acknowledged much.

#7 Edited by LEGACY6364 (7441 posts) - - Show Bio

We don't even know what that material is.

To help decrease rocket fuel consumption, NASA uses light oxidation resistance materials on board space shuttles that can withstand re-entry of the atmosphere all the time.

#8 Posted by Batman242 (11493 posts) - - Show Bio

To help decrease rocket fuel consumption, NASA uses light oxidation resistance materials on board space shuttles that can withstand re-entry of the atmosphere all the time.

That material crashes at reentry speed and isn't damaged.

#9 Posted by Batman242 (11493 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

I'd say this here is more underrated for Zod.

No Caption Provided

And I've recently discovered that Kryptonian armor was mostly made from Doomsday creatures carcasses.

#10 Posted by Amcu (16609 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Batman242 (11493 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Amcu (16609 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Had no clue that they used Doomsday creatures for their armor. I also wonder if they will ever bring the other Doomsday back.

#13 Posted by Kirkseven (2655 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Is this canon to the DCEU or something else?

#14 Posted by LEGACY6364 (7441 posts) - - Show Bio

@legacy6364 said:

That material crashes at reentry speed and isn't damaged.

I actually forgot about that. I concede.

#15 Posted by Batman242 (11493 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

@batman242: Had no clue that they used Doomsday creatures for their armor. I also wonder if they will ever bring the other Doomsday back.

One thing to note; the scan is fan art apparently, but the artist got all notes/monologue from an official book; 'Man of Steel: Inside The Legendary World of Superman'. I doubt they would, honestly. Really not a story that needs to be rehashed.

@batman242: Is this canon to the DCEU or something else?

Canon to the DCEU, but the scan is fan art, apparently.

I'd have to try to get my hands on the book and read through it to confirm everything said here is valid.

#16 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroying material that can withstand orbital re-entry and no-sell its impact alone qualifies as powerful feat. Outright doing it with no effort puts Clark at herald level by cinematic standards IMO.

#17 Edited by DammeFavour (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: not an official comic. It's deviant art

I think the MoS dvd says their armor and stuff were made from the animals, that's why their rifles have an organic component in the barrels plus they wore animal hides as capes on krypton

#18 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: To be honest, Zod didn't really damage the material itself, he broke its 'hinges' and dismantled the material like Captain America did with Ultron bots. Even then that's REALLY impressive in itself considering earlier on Clark bullrushed him through two huge silos destroying both of them, smashed Zod on the ground, through a building, gas station and its explosion and his armor was completely unphazed, all in one strafe as well. It's also worth mentioning that Nam-ek's armor composed of same material no-sold a 30mm and Clark's heat vision which can shred skyscrapers apart like pee through toilet paper.

#19 Posted by Batman242 (11493 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: not an official comic. It's deviant art

I think the MoS dvd says their armor and stuff were made from the animals, that's why their rifles have an organic component in the barrels plus they wore animal hides as capes on krypton

I'm aware it's not official, but it seemed as though the artist got everything said in the scan from the Official piece. I admit I could be wrong.

I'd have to see if I can find the right scans from the book in relation to this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
#20 Edited by deactivated-5b2e798651249 (7245 posts) - - Show Bio

People can't post on these threads without making fun of the other company.

"Power of a star".

"Leviathan punch".

#21 Posted by Chazzer (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@frankthetank40:

Jor El tells Clark to STRIKE that panel.

He hit it with force. Impressive, but don't get carried away.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#22 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11085 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroying material that can withstand orbital re-entry and no-sell its impact alone qualifies as powerful feat. Outright doing it with no effort puts Clark at herald level by cinematic standards IMO.

#23 Posted by ThunderPrince (6963 posts) - - Show Bio

@chazzer said:

@frankthetank40:

#24 Edited by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

Full powered punch one shots Star level guy confirmed.

Destroys "MILLION TON" Leviathan with his Pinky confirmed.

OT: You should also mention other significant feats of Kryptonian metal.

Kryptonian metal no sold 30mm bullets. It's something even MCU Vibranium hasn't done. By feats Kryptonian metal has better piercing durability than Vibranium and so it takes more PSI to deform/harm it.

Kryptonian Metal no sold the enourmous Tidal forces from a black hole singularity and maintained its structural integrity. It's a super impressive feat placing Kryptonian metal in the DCEU among one of the strongest metals in Fiction. Yet Superman destroyed it casually with literally zero effort. Also Don't forget Superman being able to one shot the world engine made of Kryptonian metal and that too in Kryptonian Atmosphere which makes him much weaker. Superman is freakishly strong.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
#25 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Not the same ship that flew through buildings. The ship in the OP was Zod's ship, the other which flew through multiple buildings was the one found buried in ice.

2. Breaking material capable of surviving orbital re-entry is really not impressive.

#26 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk left a fist impatient in Vibranium : p

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#27 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7682 posts) - - Show Bio

@chazzer said:

@frankthetank40:

He did that with zero Sun light in his body.

#28 Posted by Lan_Fan (13069 posts) - - Show Bio

Come to think of it, this feats is kinda insane.

#29 Posted by BruceRogers (17297 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but re entry does heat damage...

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#30 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11085 posts) - - Show Bio

Going through the World Engine or busting his way inside that Ship which easily toppled 7+ Skyscrapers is more impressive, IMHO.

#31 Posted by macleen (3426 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Not the same ship that flew through buildings. The ship in the OP was Zod's ship, the other which flew through multiple buildings was the one found buried in ice.

2. Breaking material capable of surviving orbital re-entry is really not impressive.

Only when Thor does it?

#32 Edited by KrleAvenger (26339 posts) - - Show Bio

Re entry causes heat damage, not blunt force.

#33 Posted by macleen (3426 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless it also crashes.

#34 Edited by RBT (27733 posts) - - Show Bio

Nit completely true, but this.

#35 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

??? No. The ship never crash landed from orbital re-entry or anything like that. It just survived the heat from... Something space shuttles are very much capable of.

I don't know what your Thor comment was about.

#36 Posted by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just punching through a wall, and surviving re-entry is just heat resistance.

#37 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324:

Not only that, but the OP and this 'feat' are completely based on falsehoods which need to be corrected.

#38 Edited by Alavanka (2580 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor destroying the outrider ship is impressive because it scales to this impact. The ships are striking the ground with enough force to level sections of the forest and send a shockwave all the way to the Wakandan border. If the ship was merely being able to survive re-entry, or even a crash landing, then it wouldn't really be that impressive.

No Caption Provided

#39 Posted by dcuwins (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01:

the dceu lowballer returns

1) krypt ships were made and shown to travel the galaxy and to functionally work ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND YEARS LATER.

Loading Video...

2) supermans fortress ship waas described in the offical canon mos novel

pg 119

Mighty starships . not unlike the one in which we stood, were built and launched into space.

That ship did not have a scratch crashing into earth and busting out of 20 year old ice.

3) black zero ship was used for 20 years going to various planets looking for krypt/resources.

Loading Video...

4) sup casually busted through A solid bulkhead wall on black zero.

pg 203.

A fist of steel tore through a SOLID BULKHEAD, puncturing the OUTER hull of the black zero.

5) superman blitzed through the world engine while weakened. world engine is far bigger than the black zero.

pg 236

the world engine slammed into it like a gigantic meteor, throwing up a mile-high plume of dirt, dust and pulverized bedrock. Seismometers across the planet registered the earth shaking impact.

we know krytp ships are built to last and easily survive crash landings .

sup while weakened busted through one to confront lex luther.

the overwhelming evidence shows all krytp ships are made of the same material based on the zero damage shown .

you have been debunked!

#40 Posted by dcuwins (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka:

uhmmm,

only the bottom of thanos ships struck the ground. thor only busted out of the side of one.

world engine did far more damage and superman, while weakened , busted through one without a scratch.

Ofiicial canon mos novel written by the same person who wrote the mos screenplay

( it states many times superman is invulnerable)

pg 236

the world engine slammed into it like a gigantic meteor, throwing up a mile-high plume of dirt, dust and pulverized bedrock. Seismometers across the planet registered the earth shaking impact.

#41 Posted by macleen (3426 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

??? No. The ship never crash landed from orbital re-entry or anything like that. It just survived the heat from... Something space shuttles are very much capable of.

Read the posts below

@jayc1324 said:

He's just punching through a wall, and surviving re-entry is just heat resistance.

Loading Video...

LMFAO this a whole another level of lowballing. I'll just leave the feat to explain itself

#42 Edited by Alavanka (2580 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcuwins: Thor blew up the entire ship so I don't get what you're getting at. No reason the bottom of the ship is several times more durable anyways. I'm not comparing this to the world engine feat, just the feat this thread is talking about. I'm pointing out the durability of the ship is what makes Thor's feat impressive, not merely being able to survive re-entry.

#43 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

What exactly was the video supposed to prove?

#44 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcuwins:

the dceu lowballer returns

And what are you? A not biased DCEU supporter who has not been banned MULTIPLE times on this site? Huehuehue!

1) krypt ships were made and shown to travel the galaxy and to functionally work ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND YEARS LATER.

2) supermans fortress ship waas described in the offical canon mos novel

pg 119

Mighty starships . not unlike the one in which we stood, were built and launched into space.

That ship did not have a scratch crashing into earth and busting out of 20 year old ice.

3) black zero ship was used for 20 years going to various planets looking for krypt/resources.

4) sup casually busted through A solid bulkhead wall on black zero.

pg 203.

A fist of steel tore through a SOLID BULKHEAD, puncturing the OUTER hull of the black zero.

5) superman blitzed through the world engine while weakened. world engine is far bigger than the black zero.

pg 236

we know krytp ships are built to last and easily survive crash landings .

sup while weakened busted through one to confront lex luther.

the overwhelming evidence shows all krytp ships are made of the same material based on the zero damage shown .

you have been debunked!

You are academic. Nuff said.

#45 Posted by macleen (3426 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

What exactly was the video supposed to prove?

@macleen:

??? No. "The ship never crash landed from orbital re-entry or anything like that. It just survived the heat from... Something space shuttles are very much capable of."

^^^

#46 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

Okay? The World Engine is not the ship. Zod's ship was housing it. The fact remains, the ship in the OP is not the same one crashing through buildings. It only survived orbital re-entry.

#47 Posted by macleen (3426 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

Okay? The World Engine is not the ship. Zod's ship was housing it. The fact remains, the ship in the OP is not the same one crashing through buildings. It only survived orbital re-entry.

Yeah because they would use an inferior metal to create Zod's ship?

Besides Zod's ship survived inside a blackhole just fine. Even ancient Kryptonian ship crash landed and was buried in ice for thousands of years yet its still functional. Hell even their clothes tank nukes so it's still impressive nonetheless.

#48 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:

Yeah because they would use an inferior metal to create Zod's ship?

Maybe, maybe not? Who knows? I'm just calling out the OP *shrugs*

Besides Zod's ship survived inside a blackhole just fine.

When did this happen?

Even ancient Kryptonian ship crash landed and was buried in ice for thousands of years yet its still functional. Hell even their clothes tank nukes so it's still impressive nonetheless.

Okay? Ancient Kryptonian ship =/= ship housing the World Engine =/= World Engine itself. My point still stands. The OP is wrong and the feat isn't as impressive as he's making it out to be.

#49 Posted by Gaoron (8716 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU fans trying so hard to find something to make Superman stronger than Thor haha

#50 Posted by macleen (3426 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01:

Maybe, maybe not? Who knows? I'm just calling out the OP *shrugs*

That's not how to debate, provide feats or don't.

Okay? Ancient Kryptonian ship =/= ship housing the World Engine =/= World Engine itself. My point still stands. The OP is wrong and the feat isn't as impressive as he's making it out to be.

No your reasoning is faulty. So far Kryptonian metal/metals have all proven to be superior to earth's. They body armor couldn't be more than an inch thick yet completely shrugs off 30mm and missiles. Their smaller ships(that are housed inside the black zero) bulldoze A-10 warthogs like tissue paper yet you believe the Black Zero is weak.

That's why I gave you another example of their ancient ships still being too durable. So unless you can prove Kryptonian metal out of all the feats they accumulated is inferior based on an inferior feat, then you're just reaching.

Loading Video...

When did this happen?