DCEU Superman shifted tectonic plate?

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

@gxrevs06: SSB Vegetto and Zamasu have shown better feats than being city level. Vastly weaker characters have one-shotted planets with ease.

Also, this is entirely irrelevant, not only did a manhole cover stop either of their attacks, but also they are not directed by Zack Snyder who loves to show destruction. Plus you know earth has plot armor, right?

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@brucerogers: he had a pained expression the entire movie lol

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By renamed040924

@apex_pretador: To be honest with you, I completely understand why you think this way and I can't disagree with you. However, I like feats, so I am going to choose to believe in this 300 decibels thing. I think it's consistent if you go with the radiation draining theory on the nuke, and the heat and force of the nuke didn't even scratch Clark, and his second best feat is pulling that ship which took absolutely no effort. So we really haven't even seen Superman's limits.

I think the two opposing machines canceling each other out and focusing all the impact on Clark is enough reasoning to wink away all those inconsistencies you mentioned. Personally I'd rather give Bruce the credit of being a subtle prep master rather than calling everything PIS. And with the bullets, I've been seeing some discussions that bring up the fact that tanking bullets on flesh is actually a lot more impressive than we give credit for, due to just how thin skin really is. Somebody roughly calqed Clark tanking those rounds as equivalent to withstanding the pressure of the Earth's core. And either way, calling it the same as being pelted with 60 MPH baseballs is terrible writing anyway. That would break bones. If a person was hit with as many baseballs as Superman was bullets, they'd be dead. No question. So I think it was just an attempt at creative speech, but not perfectly indicative of what was happening on screen. Clark tanked those rounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: um....that's michael bay. He showed necessary destruction resulting from fights between gods

Bomberman1404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is something I legit think is really stupid, tbh. I have no problems with it not being shown, that's totally fine. It's just that it's a heavy outlier. That's a logical reason, not ''I'm going to point out all the wrongs in the physics because I don't like the feat.''

Going from effortlessly pulling a ship through ice to trillions upon trillions of tons of strenght is inconsistent

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By renamed040924
Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: you know im right xD

pained expression while watching tv

tv > mcu?

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it was fake news, no way the guy who made this fake news could know he did it, he wasn't there.

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe we can trust in a new paper from the film?

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He might have done it.

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure he did it... I mean, if I'm gonna believe the stuff MCU Nat Romanoff says (being her the ultimate liar in that Universe after Loki lol) or other outscreen feats, why wouldn't I believe the newspapers from a movie? It's not like the fiction newspaper=real world newspaper...

And to the comment I saw establishing feats>statements, that's not always true... statements by Batman and writers in comics are most of the times taken as true... even in the MCU statements made by S.H.I.E.L.D and other characters like "Black Widow is the most dangerous spy and assassin" are taken as true, even tho she lacks great feats to prove that... why wouldn't this be taken true as well? I mean, this is DC, company that usually portrays their characters too OP...

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only om Comicvine will people question something so basic that isn't contradictive at all.

To answer this question, yes it happened as it literally says so on the newspaper, but for battle forum purposes it can't be used as it happened off-screen so we don't know the context of it. Maybe he used multiple days to do it or some minutes, or maybe even seconds. Context would give us an indication of whether this was a multi-trillion ton feat or a multi-million ton feat or at most in the high end hundreds of thousands. It can't be used as a feat for this reason alone.

Furthermore, this wouldn't really be an outlier as we haven't seen Superman come even close to his limit in a measurable way. For all we know, It could have required trillions of tons to split the motherboxes apart, or a few thousand tons. As I said, we haven't seen his measurable limit on-screen yet consisdering he performed the ship feat and the building feat nigh-effortlessly. Not that feats matter this much but we'll have to wait for Henryman's next appearance as the Man of Steel to accurately measure his power levels. Knowing Superman writers and directors, they'll DEFINITELY have him pull of a really MOUNTANEOUS feat om his next appearances as they love to give Clark great feats, specially strenght and durability feats evident by the fact that Reeves pushed an entire moon, Routh an entire freaking island filled with kryptonite and Weeling with his ridiculous Apocalypse feat. I predict Henry will throw around mountains in his next movie. Ahahahhahahaha

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

We have one proof that he did, and you don't have any proof that he didn't.... So there's that.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I really think people are reaching when they compare a newspaper clipping that 99% of viewers probably wouldn't notice to an actual legitimate statement onscreen from a character. Generally I'm about implication with feats. Was it intended to be this or that? And that scene has extremely little implication. Whatever he supposedly did is not important enough to be seen onscreen and not even important enough to be mentioned by an actual character.

More importantly some people even think it's just a cameo to a previous film where he did move tectonic plates(If I'm not mistaken). With a feat that is such a complete contradiction to what we've consistently seen him do throughout his fights, and that has extremely low implication on it I do think that it should be ignored. At least until further evidence to support it is revealed.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn.I didn't knew till today it was a newspaper clipping.It sure is a masterpiece.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL. The same DCEU fans who will not believe Thor tanked the full power of a star despite multiple statements from the characters in the movie and the Directors themselves, believe that Superman moved a tectonic plate due to a newspaper headline that appeared for a few seconds in an extended version of the movie.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 socajunkie  Moderator

There’s no context and newspaper titles can be misleading. At best even if it did happen as we imagine it- using his strength- it’s a clear outlier.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL. The same DCEU fans who will not believe Thor tanked the full power of a star despite multiple statements from the characters in the movie and the Directors themselves, believe that Superman moved a tectonic plate due to a newspaper headline that appeared for a few seconds in an extended version of the movie.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince said:

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think Thor took on the full fore of a star then Clark shifted tectonic plates. Can't have your cake and eat it too...

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think Thor took on the full fore of a star then Clark shifted tectonic plates. Can't have your cake and eat it too...

Not really. Thor's feat was shown onscreen and has multiple statements to back it up. The only evidence for Superman's feat is a newspaper headline in an extended version of a film.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

We have one proof that he did, and you don't have any proof that he didn't.... So there's that.

We do not have proof but Superman effortlessly were pulling 50k titanic overcoming friction forces from breaking the ice and he was doing this like it was nothing to him so and remember that nowadays we do not have such technology to prevent eartquakes or tsunamis but rather technology to survive those phenomenas. And remember that we have even scans/devices to detect earthquakes. So it is very likely that it is not exageration.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaallmighty: The newspaper said it as a reference to Reeves Superman, I'm assuming the same thing happened.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

It's a statement, and a shaky one at that. It's also a deleted scene, so it's technically not a valid feat.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Erkan12

Here's an earthquake feat on screen, not on a fake anti-alien newspaper.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 anthp2000  Moderator

I don't know if he did, but that would elevate the DCEU high tiers to even more OP.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Heatforce

It was an offscreen feat which we tend to accept. See AoS where captain America was stated to pull a bulldozer or loader, can't quite remember which one. The newspaper specifically stated he averted a devastating earth quake. Let's not pretend there weren't other articles on the wall about Superman doing heroics. And the guy collecting those news clippings had a grudge against Superman and has been collecting articles involving the alien he hates. Plus there is Batman's statement in JL about Superman being stronger than a planet, hence why he theorized the mother box had enough power to resurrect him.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, and Sentry stalemated Galactus. Thor and Hulk are comparable to 30 megaton nukes.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a statement, and a shaky one at that. It's also a deleted scene, so it's technically not a valid feat.

it is a valid feat since it's mentioned in the movie. they explicitly said it in the newspaper. I don't understand what is the problem with superman moving tectonic plates. the only people having problem with this are people who like to go on battle forums. writers don't care about feats. they just want to tell a good story. superman stopping an earthquake is the writer's way of showing how powerful superman is. that's all. you really can't argue with the writers of the movie. it's their movie. if they wanted to have superman move the sun then they could do it because it's their movie.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@christianrapper: Glad you agree that it's a outliner then. Writer's may not care about feats, but some of us kinda do, so it's being treated as that.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True but both is horseshit.

Avatar image for spiderfan130666
SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By SpiderFan130666

@brucerogers:

Even ignoring the fact that he struggled to lift that oil rig (due to him still developing his powers or whatever), \

Also because he was standing on a melting surface, ergo he had no support.

he was also noticeably struggling to lift part of that space shuttle.

That was to keep it from falling apart in his hands,. You cannot use facial expressions to make that kind of logical leap

He has not shown a single on screen feat to suggest he can move tectonic plates.

Wrong again. Superman crushing the World Engine is more than enough to convince me that he is capable of performing such a feat.

Also, everyone seems to forget how Superman gets stronger the longer he stays on Earth. Two years went by since Man of Steel. I'd be willing to believe Superman got much stronger.

Not to metion the fact that the news article never even elaborates on how he shifted them

It doesn't need to. He did it. End of f----- discussion. Forever.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This BvS prequel comic scan makes me think it happened, more context for this feat is needed however imo.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU Superman easily solos the MCU as much as it pains me to say... Nothing but shattered statues will be left when he's done

DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please lock this.

Can't believe there are still people claiming this as a valid feat.

SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpsychiclord_prime: Please go away

I can't understand your bias towards Superman

Considering how separating the Mother Boxes is actually more impressive.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Please lock this.

Can't believe there are still people claiming this as a valid feat.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By rem

absolutely no way to even prove that he did it by himself or even did it period. Even it it was valid it would still be a massive outlier. That’s a N52 level feat.

SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem:

absolutely no way to even prove

Every way to prove it.

that he did it by himself

He works alone.

or even did it period.

The paper. Which Clark keeps on his wall, for all of his feats, just like Mr Incredible. Seriously, your thought process is insane.

Even it it was valid it would still be a massive outlier.

Not if you factor in The World Engine feat and The Mother Boxes

That’s a N52 level feat.

This Superman is meant to be on the level of New 52

DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please go away

Because i don't support your wank?

I can't understand your bias towards Superman

Explain how i'm biased, all i did was countering your points in the thread you made, the fact that you're not willing to debate and just want to impose your point of view, makes you the biased person. It has nothing to do with my opinion towards the character.

This article can't and should never be used as an actual feat, as it lacks every bit of context.

Considering how separating the Mother Boxes is actually more impressive.

And what evidence you have of this?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@rem said:

absolutely no way to even prove that he did it by himself

Who would help him? All the other supers on Earth are basically gnats compared to him.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but that still should not have prevented an earthquake. It should cause it really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's still an outlier

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By huthimamwa

Yes. All headlines are 100% accurate truth and never lie, exaggerate, or mislead.

SaltySultan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By SaltySultan

Newspapers always exaggerate headlines and this is a massive outlier feat.

It's also an offscreen feat and we aren't given much detail about how it occurred which results in a lot of assumption on how good the feat actually is.

Like I don't doubt it happened but it would be an outlier.