• 104 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/superman/zack-snyder-and-david-goyer-discuss-man-of-steel-he-cant-hold-up-a-continent-a75772

-I want only F’s for comments nothing else

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean “OR” instead of “IT” for title, whoops

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Juicers

some major tectonic plates are large country sized, minor tectonic plates are country to city sized

a city sized can weigh trillions of tons, medium sized country can weigh tens of quadrillions, large country can weigh quintillions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e091d3024999
deactivated-5e091d3024999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He also maybe could get hurt by a missile in MoS but straight up flew through one in BvS. He's gotten better feats since 2013 is what I mean. This is old and plain irrelevant

EmmoFreezeXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he can stop arguing against canon

Avatar image for deactivated-5e080bd0aded3
deactivated-5e080bd0aded3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tectonic plate =\= continent

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

And so it begins.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Richubs

Lmao I love MCU fans. OK he can't hold up a continent but too bad he never could. MCU fans love to only counter trolls who would ever claim such a thing because they know that's their only competition. What else do you expect from people who claim Thor is star level?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: to clarify arguments, I’m clearly not taking these 2d characters seriously as seen by my description and has nothing to do with the mcu

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP

Now we only have planetary motherbox-opening Cyborg and Superman

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rajjarsalt

He strained to lift 2 train cars in the comic that confirms the feat. This is pointless.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rajjarsalt

@richubs said:

Lmao I love MCU fans. OK he can't hold up a continent but too bad he never could. MCU fans love to only counter trolls who would ever claim such a thing because they know that's their only competition. What else do you expect from people who claim Thor is star level?

This from the person who said Thanos is fodder to the weakest Kryptonian, and couldn't beat Superman even with the Power and Space Stones.

Aight.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He strained to lift 2 train cars in the comic that confirms the feat. This is pointless.

Wait the BvS tie-in confirmed the feat? Didn't realize that. I beleive he was straining because he didn't want the train to derail so he was doing it carefully.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rajjarsalt

@heatforce said:
@rajjarsalt said:

Wait the BvS tie-in confirmed the feat? Didn't realize that. I beleive he was straining because he didn't want the train to derail so he was doing it carefully.

How's it gonna derail if the only force in that direction is the contact force created by Clark's hands.

A multi-ten thousand tonner could do this with their finger.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: it didn’t even confirm he shifted plates. Luthor just said he loved the easy jobs which included earthquakes. It’s vague and makes no mention of his strength, for all we know that could mean he just flies around rescuing people during earthquakes

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he can move continents and take energy capable of terraforming the surface of a planet . Characters can improve .

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Why did you have to bring MCU into this ?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:
@rajjarsalt said:

How's it gonna derail if the only force in that direction is the contact force created by Clark's hands.

A multi-ten thousand tonner could do this with their finger.

Quite obvious he was considering physics and the harm to the passengers. All of the tie-ins are here.

@rajjarsalt: it didn’t even confirm he shifted plates. Luthor just said he loved the easy jobs which included earthquakes. It’s vague and makes no mention of his strength, for all we know that could mean he just flies around rescuing people during earthquakes

That sounds about right.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rijehu

For the first time, I can say that I saw the origin of a falsehood (birthed by purposefully misrepresenting what is actually said) and watched it spread through the vine like a plague, carried by those who have no interest in the truth of the matter in the first place.

I said it before, and I will say it again. I'm willing to bet most people read was the headline in that article. Snyder didn't confirm anything of the sort regarding Superman being incapable of shifting a tectonic plate. The tie In comic confirms this feat, regardless of how people feel about it.

You can’t constantly ignore context when it suites you. Snyder was referring directly to Bryan Singer's version in Superman Returns, being capable of actually holding up Luther's new continent (Island) and flying it to outer space, while being weakened by the Kryptonite the continent was composed of. He wanted MOS Superman to be less broken of a character and more relatable than he felt Singer's was. He doesn’t see Superman replicating that exact feat. So it has nothing to do with Clark in MOS being incapable of shifting a tectonic plate. There’s as much a difference in shifting a plate and lifting a continent as there is in a human being capable of rocking or pulling a car vs actually bench-pressing one. Please stop spreading misinformation just to make a point.

At this point, I will have more respect if people just say “I just don’t want Superman to be that strong so I’ll just ignore the feat or lowball it cause it doesn’t help my argument against him” and call it a day. It’s much better than this. Two sources confirmed the feat. No we don’t know the specifics or every play by play of how it happened so we could speculate all day, but many people will use the lowest possible showing regarding the feat to undersell it. It’s becoming sickening now.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

For the first time, I can say that I saw the origin of a falsehood (birthed by purposefully misrepresenting what is actually said) and watched it spread through the vine like a plague, carried by those who have no interest in the truth of the matter in the first place.

I said it before, and I will say it again. I'm willing to bet most people read was the headline in that article. Snyder didn't confirm anything of the sort regarding Superman being incapable of shifting a tectonic plate. The tie In comic confirms this feat, regardless of how people feel about it.

You can’t constantly ignore context when it suites you. Snyder was referring directly to Bryan Singer's version in Superman Returns, being capable of actually holding up Luther's new continent (Island) and flying it to outer space, while being weakened by the Kryptonite the continent was composed of. He wanted MOS Superman to be less broken of a character and more relatable than he felt Singer's was. He doesn’t see Superman replicating that exact feat. So it has nothing to do with Clark in MOS being incapable of shifting a tectonic plate. There’s as much a difference in shifting a plate and lifting a continent as there is in a human being capable of rocking or pulling a car vs actually bench-pressing one. Please stop spreading misinformation just to make a point.

At this point, I will have more respect if people just say “I just don’t want Superman to be that strong so I’ll just ignore the feat or lowball it cause it doesn’t help my argument against him” and call it a day. It’s much better than this. Two sources confirmed the feat. No we don’t know the specifics or every play by play of how it happened so we could speculate all day, but many people will use the lowest possible showing regarding the feat to undersell it. It’s becoming sickening now.

I didn't even realize the tie-ins confirmed the feat. The article from the UE should be enough as that is Snyder's cut. MCU stans should just use low-end tectonic plates and as for me it does say he stopped a devastating earth quake so I would argue for higher.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter whether it happended or not cause it's not consistent at all, much more so than any other CBM high-tier feat.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5: Then by this logic, no high end feats in any CBM can ever be used again.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: There is a difference between high-end feat and outlier high-end feat which is many times above every other high-end showings/scalings the character had (it's quite clear that someone KO'd by nuke isn't continent level). So Supes feat definitely falls into this category as much as Cap surviving a punch from Thanos, for example.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This feat happened and Thor’s feat is comparable to this so both are outliers.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

@rijehu: There is a difference between high-end feat and outlier high-end feat which is many times above every other high-end showings/scalings the character had (it's quite clear that someone KO'd by nuke isn't continent level). So Supes feat definitely falls into this category as much as Cap surviving a punch from Thanos, for example.

Supes was still under the effects of kryptonite.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Richubs

@wakeupsid:

OP is a known MCU fan(boy/girl) and its very apparant why OP is celebrating this hard.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

Never said he could never beat Superman with the power and space stones. Always said that if he utilizes them well he would win or otherwise he'd be stomped.

mcuhyperbole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jefferydeducke:

false mcu wanker

a tectonic plate /=/ continent

clearly jor el states for superman to keep testing your limits

we have the tectonic feat referenced by the tie in comic by lex luther

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5: The problem is that Superman has a consistency of feats that actually don’t make him being capable of shifting a plate all that outlandish. We haven’t actually seen the upper limits of his abilities and we know that Jor noted that Clark was growing more powerful than even he could have imagined (even for one who is drinking the rays of a young sun) so it really isn’t all that difficult to picture unless you desire for Clark himself to remain at a base level, which is already shown to not be the case by feats and statements. He gets more powerful the longer he is on earth.

Being able to pull massive ships through ice sheets with a bit of effort, to being capable of flying entire apartment complexes at speeds just short of Flash’s, to being capable of containing energies from the MB and his very cells not even being capable of decay in death, it’s not that outlandish.

No one is arguing that he casually flew in and yanked up the plate without a sweat and tossed it to the side while having a conversation. Shifting is literally just applying enough force to cause a change in movement of placement. But a guy who can fly at massively hypersonic speeds, casually lift thousands of tons, and grows stronger the longer he is on earth, is likely capable of a lot more that what is shown.

It’s not that unbelievable, but I’m also not arguing that he did it willy nilly either.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@jefferydeducke: this is what you refer to as the death of the author fallacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmnb2wavy: has superman replicated anything close to shifting a tectonic. Plate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcuhyperbole: imagine having such an iota of time and life you need to create a second account to attack people who disagree with your opinion of 2d characters.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@jefferydeducke: didn’t Superman over power the world engine that was going to terraform the earth or something along those lines?

Either way the feat still happened in verse, it’s not like it’s a author statement or guide book statement

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Find me five people who think my description wasn’t a joke and is celebrating and I’ll find u five liars. Anyways, how exactly am I a “fanboy”, I’m not exactly creaming at the sight of a new movie every time in the cinemas and petting my black widow figurine before I go to bed

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: Thing is the plate feat would be billions/trillions/??? times better than Superman's next feat. He probably does get somewhat stronger or at least more skilled and confident with his powers but hard to assume it's that much.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is legit Zod and Doomsday should scale to it, right?

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armageddonvenom: Zod should scale to it via him being Clark’s tier and DD would scale beyond it via him being a much more powerful mutated Zod.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@armageddonvenom: Zod should scale to it via him being Clark’s tier and DD would scale beyond it via him being a much more powerful mutated Zod.

I can agree here.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bayman007

Mcu fanboys are hilarious. There's a tasty thread i saw about them wanting Thor to be a speedster in his next film haha

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The salt in the replies here is hilarious. Nice find.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol that statement has been debunked anyways it’s an outlier that you can use or not use.

Snyder was referring directly to Bryan Singer's version in Superman Returns, being capable of actually holding up Luther's new continent and flying it to outer space, while being weakened by the Kryptonite the continent was composed of. He wanted MOS Superman to be less broken of a character and more relatable than he felt Singer's was. So it has nothing to do with Clark in MOS being incapable of shifting a tectonic plate. Please stop spreading misinformation just to make a point. @rijehu credit to him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not too bothered tbh if people want to use it as Clark's level then do so.

It's more fun that they are somewhat crazy OP but at the same time dont call the two Nidavellir based feats outliers or Hulks HQ feats based on the famous mountain moment apparently somewhat 800ft below the ground an outlier either, or Hulk moving Surtur an outlier its simply the limits of what Superman/Thor/Hulk can do.

On a side note it makes Doomsday/Hela/Thanos/Carol all ridiculously OP haha.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too much salt.

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he can still Stomp the shit out of MCU roster tho.......