• 56 results
Edited 2 months, 5 days ago

Poll: DCEU Orm Ocean master vs MCU Erik Killmonger which villain did you like more??? (79 votes)

Orm 46%
Killmonger 54%
#1 Posted by TonyMartial (8453 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm

#2 Posted by TommytheHitman (6556 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonymartial: Interesting. I’ve not seen the movie yet, how does Orm stack against other CBM villains?

#3 Posted by FaradaySloth (7628 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven’t seen Aquaman yet so I can’t decide. However it isn’t hard to beat KM

#4 Posted by Zepta_Pon (1175 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Orm and It's not even close.

#5 Posted by King-Ragnar (3485 posts) - - Show Bio

Killmonger by a mile.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#6 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (6949 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm Killmonger was decent but had zero screen time

#7 Posted by Epicyon (866 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure Killmonger will stomp

#8 Edited by Arc_Conductor (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@zepta_pon: I don't think this is a spoilery question so I'm gonna ask it if you don't mind. How much did they play up Orm being pissed about what humans have done in regards to pollution in the ocean? Was it a deciding factor in his disdain of the surface world or was it just one of many factors that went into his reasoning for wanting to start a war with the surface world?

#9 Posted by Zepta_Pon (1175 posts) - - Show Bio

@zepta_pon: I don't think this is a spoilery question so I'm gonna ask it if you don't mind. How much did they play up Orm being pissed about what humans have done in regards to pollution in the ocean? Was it a deciding factor in his disdain of the surface world or was it just one of many factors that went into his reasoning for wanting to start a war with the surface world?

1. Orm was really pissed about the surface dwellers polluting his seas and killing marine animals. This was visually illustrated somewhere in the movie.

2. Orm wanted global recognition for Atlantis and the other kingdoms. This was actually in the trailer where he said "The time has come for Atlantis to rise again". There's more to this but that's already spoilers.

#10 Posted by modernww2fare (7009 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm

#11 Posted by Gracetrack (4624 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c522ab96172e
#12 Posted by deactivated-5c522ab96172e (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm in a stomp.

#13 Posted by Jgames (7980 posts) - - Show Bio

Killmongers way better than discount Loki.

#14 Posted by mrmonster (14174 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#15 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (8980 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ll take the villain who was actually critically praised not the one who was forgettable. Killmonger easily.

#16 Posted by Mrnoital (7888 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Killmonger was a slightly better villain but not that much

Erik had a bit of a better characterization, Orm had a bit better motivation

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#17 Edited by buttersdaman000 (22558 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to say. I liked Killmonger more as a character, but hated how he was used. BP gets so much praise for posturing about making "new" black heroes and all that, yet the villain is a black american who grew up like so many young blacks do. Like, the movie is just so contradictory and senseless about race issues at times. And I know people don't try to dissect them because they're more focused on what BP does in a broader sense, which is fair. But the more I think about the more annoyed I get at certain aspects of the movie. So I really don't like how the movie sets Killmonger up as a black, disenfranchised american only to also have him be a psychopathic racist. But, in a vacuum, without all the meta social and racial narratives behind BP, he's great.

Orm is serviceable at the very least. Unlike Hela, however, his motivations are much better and Aquaman had the decency to forge a believable relationship between two long lost brothers who have to fight.

#18 Edited by Emperorb777 (10889 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm

I could actually understand where Orm was coming from, I could never understand KM and his psychopathic racist a$$.

#19 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

Killmonger.

#20 Posted by adamTRMM (8931 posts) - - Show Bio

Both had elements of greatness, but never really lived up to their potential.

#21 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2428 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorb777:

Growing up Black in Oakland in the 90s will make you feel some sort of way. Especially when you know you come from a country that you know could have stepped in.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#22 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (8980 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorb777: so you can relate to a guy who lives underwater and hates all people who live on the land? I mean did you even think 🤔 about what you typed? 😂🤣

#23 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12033 posts) - - Show Bio

Killmonger for me

#24 Posted by Mister_Surreal (7807 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm felt a bit ganeric at times, Killmonger was an excellent villain all the way through.

#25 Posted by Emperorb777 (10889 posts) - - Show Bio

@emanresu_20: I grew up in LA black, I don't care what KM has gone through, no reason to grow up and find joy in killing others.

#26 Edited by Emperorb777 (10889 posts) - - Show Bio

@lone_wolf_and_cub: I never said I can relate to Orm, I said I can understand where he's coming from, the surface world has been screwing up the planet and I can see why he would hate our species.

Also I guess you can relate to a racist psychopath hell bent on world domination and genocide. Did you even think about what you said? Smh

#27 Posted by Amcu (15852 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't "like" either but Killmonger was a very well done villain. Orm was maybe average.

#28 Posted by Gotoucanario (2900 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought killmonger was a more interesting and better done character while orn while looked much more badass and epic but didn't really care for his character much except that I really hope to see more from him.

#29 Posted by kgb725 (18098 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by m2k (556 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm just another bland villain. The entire movie made sure to check all the boxes. It just didn't excel at anything. Very definition of generic. For BP, u know Coogler put an extra emphasis on characterization work for Killmonger whether it be screen time, back story, emotional moment. MBJ is his boy after all. Lol.

#31 Posted by Emperorb777 (10889 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: KM wasn't raised to fight, when the heck was this said? I don't remember at any point it being said KM was raised so that he could fight. I do remember it being said that he became an engineer, then joined the military and then found an enjoyment in killing people like it was a game, that's why he's called Killmonger.

Even if it was said in the film, being trained to protect yourself and finding enjoyment in killing others is very different things.

#32 Edited by KingLouie (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

Y’all buggin. Orm isn’t close to Killmonger

#33 Posted by uugieboogie (13018 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm felt a bit ganeric at times, Killmonger was an excellent villain all the way through.

#34 Posted by kgb725 (18098 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorb777: Why is that relevant in any way ? The point of Killmonger is to show that Wakandas needs to change. He just went about it in an extreme way

#35 Posted by Emperorb777 (10889 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: I don't know, you said he's raised to fight. Why did you say that?

If you really want to talk about what's relevant, the question asked in OP was which villain do you like more, I gave my choice and my personal reason for that choice.

#36 Posted by thatduderox (977 posts) - - Show Bio

Killmonger by a mile. Orm was an okay villain for a fun movie, but I don't see him being remembered too much when the Aquaman craze dies down in a few months.

#37 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2428 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorb777:

There were other factors to it. As well.

His father was trying to arm other blacks in the community from police brutality and other forms of racism.

Wakanda killed his father because of that and left him to fend for himself in Oakland. With no parent and no role model to guide him it’s easy for a kid under 10 to grow up hating the world. Especially when you know a nation exists that could put an end to it.

#38 Posted by Lan_Fan (12666 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm.

#39 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Killmonger

#40 Posted by Helloman (26972 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm.

#41 Posted by Supermanthor (13534 posts) - - Show Bio

ORM

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#42 Posted by darthvaderrocks (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

What did y'all see in Orm? He has a great comic accurate suit but other than that he was generic. Also I question some of Patrick Wilson's acting because even in scenes he needed to emotional (like his final scene) he still was flat. His motivation was cool but wasn't even explored. Then again Alantis in general wasn't explored at all.

Avatar image for the_real_seaman
#43 Posted by the_real_seamAn (2094 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#44 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15371 posts) - - Show Bio

All Hail King Killmonger.

#45 Posted by darkonast (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Killmonger was ego crazy Hotep who was mad at crime his father committed, top 3 worst villians ever

#46 Posted by Anna_Karenina (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

Killmonger

#47 Posted by kiba (3520 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm

#48 Posted by TommytheHitman (6556 posts) - - Show Bio

Killmonger. I liked Orm but he did feel somewhat generic while Killmonger stands out from the crowd, hopefully Orm will get a bit more development when he pops up again later.

#49 Posted by foxerdes (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm.

#50 Posted by Havenless (2892 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm had no significant backstory. They just told you who he was and you accept it. Mera was shockingly connected to him in a random scene with no explanation, they just expect you to assume the implications. He was in the film barely more than even Willem Dafoe, a supporting character to supporting characters.

Unfortunately, this is probably the best villain DC has given us so far.