DCEU Ocean Master vs MCU Hela which villain did you like more???

• 67 results
CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll DCEU Ocean Master vs MCU Hela which villain did you like more??? (90 votes)

DCEU Ocean Master 53%
MCU Hela 47%

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The character who was played by Cate Blanchett.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The character who was played by Cate Blanchett.

You're gonna have to be more specific

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hela

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela was boring

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela wasn’t the greatest villain but still better than Orm.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dc trash trying to copy Marvel's trend of relatives fighting for the throne

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

You're joking, right? Relatives fighting for the throne has been a trope since Greek mythology. If you think Marvel started this, then I don't even know what to say.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: Marvel adapted it to comic book live action first

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

DC made Superhero movies first

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

And half of the popular marvel heroes are straight up their version of DC heroes!

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only good thing about Hela was her looks. Ocean Master was way better.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ganon15

Both are more or less the same, but Orm was a bit more sympathetic especially at the end of the movie. So Orm

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:
@epicyon said:

And half of the popular marvel heroes are straight up their version of DC heroes!

The only ones I can think of right off the top of my head are Sentry and maybe if you're stretching Hawkeye (Namor to my knowledge was made before Aquaman). The majority of Marvel and DC's best heroes are ones that are uniquely theirs.

If you're referring to the Squadron Supreme, I'd like to note that you specified "popular" Marvel heroes.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orm by far. Hela was really one dimensjonal. There wasn't anything to her other than "I WILL STAAAB YOU!!!". Ragnarok is as good as it is because of Hemsworth

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Orm. While he wasn't anything original, at least he wasn't so criminally underused as Hela. You can't have an actress like Blanchett and use her like this.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela. I never felt like Orm was an intimidating threat, kind of like Loki in that regard, though he was at least more physically capable than Loki in battle with his brother. Hela set the tone from her introduction that she was not to be messed with.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orm for me. Hela didn't really have a motivation beyond wanting war for the sake of it. Orm had reasons for his disdain for the surface world and while he definitely crossed into full villain territory there was a level of humanity to him in the form of his love for his mother. His hate for his brother makes sense as an extension of that.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orm for me. Hela didn't really have a motivation beyond wanting war for the sake of it. Orm had reasons for his disdain for the surface world and while he definitely crossed into full villain territory there was a level of humanity to him in the form of his love for his mother. His hate for his brother makes sense as an extension of that.

No Caption Provided

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ocean Master. Besides her look, Hela is just another blah cbm villain. Not that Orm was anything groundbreaking, but Patrick at least seemed like there was some passion behind his performance. Blanchett, unfortunately, seemed like she was just there to look cool, collect a check from the current super popular movie genre (cbm’s)

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though Ocean Master has an actual motive, Hela has more personality.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ocean Master.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

They had already done the filming before Black Panther came out. So I bet they shot random clips, made the script after Black Panther came out to copy the plot, and rearranged the clips so it could fit the story. They must did some pretty strong dubbing as well.

Damn, I didn't know DC went that far to copy Marvel, but that definitely makes sense.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

the one that had an actual motivation and wasn't just evil for evils sake

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Orm. HeLa was just a bad person, entertaining but no depth, and her and Thor being related honestly didn't even feel like it was necessary plot point.

Orm on the other hand was someone with real motivations mixed with his own issues of feeling inferior to a brother he never met and that same brother is the reason the only person who probably loved him was killed.

Orm makes it very clear when they are alone while he doesn't love Arthur, killing him is the last thing he wants to do and would prefer him to go home. Even in the end all of his internal issues come to a summit when he sees not only is his mom alive but his brother saved her.

Orm was very interesting and honestly my fav comic book villain of the year

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30 krisbishop  Moderator
@ganon15 said:
@metaljimmor said:

No Caption Provided

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ocean Master was far better. A deeper character with better motivation and better acting overall. Hela was just evil for evil's sake. The worst kind of villain.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with my boi Ocean Master for having character development and didn't act like a Saturday morning villain.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never liked Hela and as everyone said she was so boring and one dimensional at least Orm had a bit of character and personality. I watched Ragnarok only because of Hemsworth, Hiddleston and Goldblum.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#35 JediXMan  Moderator

I really liked Orm. He's one of the best DCEU villains, and I did not care for Hela - or any Thor villain except for Loki.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orm was a generic Wahhhh the throne is mine villain. The only thing that saved him was Patrick Wilson is a good actor. Hela was an over the top camp fest who fully embraced her role and who stole the screen every time she was on. She embraced her role as a death queen, and actually posed a threat to the people was fighting. She also left me wanting to see her again, which is a far cry from the horrible ending of Aquaman. It’s not close Orm is only slightly better than Malekith

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_stegman  Moderator

I really hope Orm comes back. His face at the end when his mother told him she loved him but he was misguided told it all. How his whole world view was shifting. I want to see the "talk" Arthur said they should have and what development all of this has on his character. This could be the first villain in the DCEU that I've felt sympathetic for since Zod. Who they stupidly killed.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Villains are genetically bad in AM so TR by default.

KingCarcosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orm is one of the best parts of Aquaman. Hela is the most boring part of Ragnarok. They are close, yes, but Orm takes this.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:

Aquaman left me really, really wanting a sequel even though all the big plot points got tied up nicely. It doesn't need a sequel in that it was designed to only tell half a story but rather that it made you interested in the characters and where they would go after the movie ends. I really want to see that talk Arthur and Orm are going to have and see where they take Atlantis from here because Orm's position wasn't entirely unjustified and Arthur can see that. His methods were just more destructive than constructive.

I also really want to see what Black Manta does to further his revenge against Aquaman. He was an interesting character that while certainly not redeemable was still sympathetic in his own way and his two fights with Aquaman were some of the best in the movie.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

@metaljimmor: Definitely agree with all of that. I'm thinking the next logical step for Manta is perhaps invading Atlantis, maybe breaching its defenses with Shin's help.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela easily...she was strong, charasmatic, and she was ruthless...

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orm stomps . Hela is a plot device with a forced backstory and no sensible motivation.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't see what makes Arthur's brother a villain. He did what he had to do. He wasn't a sacrificial hero but no one needs to be or is expected either. The was was long due and was triggered by black manta, him apparently killing Arthur was a part of combat which Arthur started. He arrested Arthur's mentor because he was supposed to be loyal to the throne yet betrayed it. He ignored Mera and Vullion's attempts to make Arthur a new king till they really caused problems for him.

We humans kill thousands of sharks every year, nobody cares.

Bag_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela, cuz she gotz boxes

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orm >>>> Hela

Hela was a one dimensional character with a generic character motivation while the stuff about war with the surface world and being pissed about pollution added more dimensions to Orm's character motivation and backstory which also involved family drama and politics. Hela kept on mumbling gibberish about being the goddess of death and kneeling before her or something, throughout the movie. She was really really poorly developed. Hulk probably had more screen time and development than Hela did. I almost forgot her halfway through the movie

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orm >>>

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see what makes Arthur's brother a villain. He did what he had to do. He wasn't a sacrificial hero but no one needs to be or is expected either. The was was long due and was triggered by black manta, him apparently killing Arthur was a part of combat which Arthur started. He arrested Arthur's mentor because he was supposed to be loyal to the throne yet betrayed it. He ignored Mera and Vullion's attempts to make Arthur a new king till they really caused problems for him.

We humans kill thousands of sharks every year, nobody cares.

Orm is the "villain" because he's the movie's antagonist. He's not outright evil or irredeemable (though just killing the Fishmen king like he did was still pretty heartless), which is why they leave it open at the end for him and Arthur to make amends. The conflict he creates and the war he threatens is the driving force behind Aquaman's, the protagonist's, journey.

You don't have to be an outright evil person to be considered the story's "villain". If you've ever watched Death Note, L could be considered the story's "villain" because he's going against the protagonist, despite Light being more more of a villainous character. It's all relative.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: eh, I wouldn’t say that’s the worst kind of villain.

Heath Ledger’s Joker

Hopkins’ Hannibal

Bardem’s Anton Chigurh

And many more. Ultimately, like all things I guess, it All comes down to execution. Know what I mean?