DCEU Movie Title: Shazam or Captain Marvel?

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Did they change the title because of the MCU Captain Marvel or was it done to make the name sound better as Shazam?. In 1941 there was the movie serial called Adventures of Captain Marvel.

What was the reason for the change of the title?.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Copyright Issues.

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@hyperfinn: Marvel Comics decided to trademark the term " Captain Marvel" back in the 1960s with another superhero of their own so DC had to change the name to Shazam.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Yeah, it was during the whole lawsuit war between Fawcett and DC. Marvel took advantage of this and got the trademark. I think they need to publish a CM book every few years or they will lose it if I'm not mistaken.

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperfinn: Marvel Comics decided to trademark the term " Captain Marvel" back in the 1960s with another superhero of their own so DC had to change the name to Shazam.

So that happened very long ago. odd it was a race against time for Marvel during back then.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kinda serves DC right for blackballing the character in the first place.
Plus Captain Marvel/Supes are equals but DC has made it seem like Shazam cause second fiddle to him... nahhhh
So I hope Captain Marvel (the real one) does really well and outsells Superman MOS. Poetic justice.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@phisigmatau: You Shazam fans should get over your self's lol

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plus Captain Marvel/Supes are equals but DC has made it seem like Shazam cause second fiddle to him... nahhhh

So I hope Captain Marvel (the real one) does really well and outsells Superman MOS. Poetic justice.

Exactly. For my part, I prefer the Shazam acronym, which is already classic. And, anyway, the former moniker was stupid in his case - Captain of what? Did he have to pass throught "Private" first? Just drop it anyway and give this great character a regular title.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: haha we're fans, soo what do you expect

@nucleon said:
@phisigmatau said:

Exactly. For my part, I prefer the Shazam acronym, which is already classic. And, anyway, the former moniker was stupid in his case - Captain of what? Did he have to pass throught "Private" first? Just drop it anyway and give this great character a regular title.

I dont really disagree with you.
I just want ppl to put respek on his name