• 48 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What do you think are the intended power levels of the MCU DCEU characters in the producers' minds? Stronger or weaker than Comicvine perception?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU is indiscernible. Don’t know about DCEU.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cocacolaman  Moderator

I think they are probably meant to be weaker in the MCU's perception (with an exception or two), stronger in the Zach Snyder perception, weaker in the DCEU perception.

For example, Scarlet Witch, the Winter Soldier, and Wonder Woman. Scarlet Witch is an absolute powerhouse to us. She can ragdoll those big wheels like freaking feathers, and she can destroy Infinity Stones. But we still have her lose to guys like Kryptonians. If a movie was made, I have no doubt Wanda would ragdoll Faora and Namek at the same time mid-blitz. Bucky, on the other hand, is put at a level here that has him curbstomping just about anyone short of Captain America. But we see that guys like Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Daredevil can keep up with super soldiers on enough basis to suggest they won't get stomped. Wonder Woman, in BvS, was freaking GOD, keeping up with Doomsday like Superman was. But then Justice League came. It's a whole issue. There's probably ten different threads discussing that.

If I was a part of them writing a movie on, say, Hulk or Flash, I'd want them to stay strong enough that you get the "wow" factor from them, but weak enough they don't break the movie. So, for example, if I directed a new MCU Hulk movie, I'd have Hulk be about his 2008 level+, but at the end, have him get some sort of amp (say, the Leader mind controls him and increases his strength to make him a more formidable threat) that would let him gain regeneration (healing his arm) and a new level of strength that would let him do things like tear through building-sized robotic metal arms with a thunderclap and use them as weapons, or leaping at high speeds to avoid high-yield missiles. But not do anything like sit through a nuclear onslaught or bust a mountain with a casual hit. With Flash, make him fast enough that he can do things like run across city blocks at FTE speeds, or run to and from his current location to intercept bullets. But I wouldn't make him run from Washington D.C to Moscow in a half a second or make him dodge lightspeed attacks on accident. I imagine that's how directors think. As big of fans as they are of the characters, they need to keep it interesting and within budget. We can't have Superman and Zod going through the Solar System while Thanos shakes the planet in a clash with Mjolnir, whether we want it or not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The intended power levels have very clearly increased in the MCU, as you can see by comparing the final fight in Avengers with Infinity war, endgame and Ragnarok.

In DCEU, Superman's intended power levels are much higher than feats, but lower than the "techtonic plate" level. Wonder woman's intended power level seems to be somewhere between a super Soldier and Superman.

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thomas Curry is a mad lad in his verse

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubt they put much thought into it tbh.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The intended power levels are all much higher than we give credit for. Comic Vine lowballs everybody but I’m sure the producers aren’t thinking of these characters as being any weaker than they are in the comics. We have multiple statements that certain characters can destroy the world or that they are the equivalent of a walking nuclear bomb.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: They put thought into every minuscule aspect of the filmmaking down to which band is represented on Tony Stark’s shirt. Yet you don’t believe they think about power levels, for a comicbook film which is all about feats and action?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Oh Nick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Not sure how movie compares to comic in terms of intention.

Josh Whedon straight up said that MCU Ultron is weaker than the comic version and that one has to tone things down in movies. I don't think any director or writer besides Josh Whedon said anything like this tho.

Avengers 2012 writer seemingly thought it was plausible MCU Hulk could stop 3 million tons with momentum as he said Leviathans maybe weighted 3 million tons. Althought who knows if he thought of Hulk punching Leviathan or if he thought things through when he posted that. He did say it MAYBE weighted 3 million tons.

If we go by comic writer opinions, one guy asked a writer on Twitter who wrote 616 Thor harm a multiversal being if that feat made Thor multiversal, and the writer replied, "Didn't you watch Infinity War?". The guy literally compared a multuversal feat to IW Thor power levels. Even if that was half-joking, probably shows that particular writet's opinion on movie-comic power levels.

Zack Snyder said before MOS that his Superman wasn't going to be lifting continents, referencing Superman Returns movie. He was also unsure if Supes could survive a nuke. He may have changed his opinion after that though, he did put the Tectonic Plate thing in BvS and the nuke damage was prolly more radiation than anything else. And who knows what he intended with the World Engine. "Stronger than a planet" quote was either Zack Snyder or Josh Whedon.

If I had it my way, I personally wouldn't make them weaker than comic in a potential movie/comic crossover lol, so there's that.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Johndeyvido

Mcu power level are higher than dceu and the level comicvine places them. One of the most powerful characters in the dceu is kryptonians but based on their onscreen feats they would get stomped in the mcu.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: They put thought into every minuscule aspect of the filmmaking down to which band is represented on Tony Stark’s shirt. Yet you don’t believe they think about power levels, for a comicbook film which is all about feats and action?

They put a hell of a lot less thought into it then we do. Hence all the strength inconsistencies between Hulk/Thor/Thanos and statements between Ragnarok, IW, and Endgame.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: In IW, Thor has enough strength to move a giant metal structure without much effort, yet in the same movie, Thanos, who is stronger than Thor both narratively and by feats, struggles to lift Hulk's weight. So you're probably right they don't care that much. I don't think they don't care at all though.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rajjarsalt

Before Infinity War:

"Hahaha table-level Thor isn't even as strong than Faora haha"

"Haha Thor is featless"

After Infinity War:

"muh...inconsistent...outlier REEE"

"haha look at this headcanon debunk I pulled out of my ass to lowball"

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KryptonianKing88

MCU is all over the place, but I guarantee you no one behind the films is even considering if bullets would harm Thor.

DCEU Nam Ek and Faora are weaker than what CV wanks them to be. They’re hurt by missiles and bullets. But the Gods + Shazam are likely much stronger than what their feats would imply

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

Just came here to say:

If characters factually confirmed to be stronger than Thor in physical strength struggle with massively less weight than the ring feat calcs then the feat is indeed an outlier. This is backed up by Thor not having a single other feat in the same stratosphere as the ring feat. It’s the textbook definition of an outlier and the only reason it’s used is because people want to hype Thor up.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

How many durability feats of nuke level have dceu Clark survived for us not to say the BvS case wasn't an outlier?

Mcu high-tiers are legit million tonners. Hulk could also budge an 800m tall Surtur, that's as legit as a feat could be and Thor scales to Hulk in physical stats.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deltahuman

Muh! Thor can move moon sized objects and withstand energy equivalent to thousands of nukes going off at once, Hulk can stagger mountain sized beings weighing millions of tons and channel continent busting energy through him, Carol can fly faster than light violating causality and no sell punches that can KO beings with country level durability.

So yeah, MCU high tiers are all million, billion maybe even trillion tonners. Some can fly FTL. Some can withstand small country to continent/moon level energy. Yes, all that sounds very realistic and consistent and therefore we need more alts with pathetic grammar spamming ridiculous gifs. The potential of wanking hasn't even peaked yet and the fanboys in the circle jerk shouldn't stop

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DammeFavour

I don't think the MCU guys put much thought into it, that's why they're so inconsistent. Apparently there was some sort of graph on how much superman could take all the way from man of steel.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: your point fails when you realize Clark doesn’t have any anti feats to make the nuke feat an outlier

Thor has struggled with WAY WAY WAY less weight, and people stronger than Thor have also struggled with WAY less weight

Lower showing make Thor’s feat the definition of an outlier

Superman doesn’t have many if any low showings

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: Superman got knocked out by bullets in the Faora and Nam-ek fight.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@eri_joni: A nuke isn’t just concussive force, it’s also heat and a bunch of other shit so I’m not sure how a bullet would translate. Additionally I’ve never said Superman is nuke level, he isn’t, it killed him for the most part, he healed with the help of the sun though

Thanos > Thor as confirmed by everyone working on the movie. Thanos struggled to lift Hulk who doesn’t even weigh a single ton. Thor sub 1 tonner confirmed.

Also Thor has never tanked a bullet and he was KO’ed by an alien taser. Thor hides from bullets, at least the bullets didn’t pierce Superman’s skin

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: I was just talking about the part when you said Superman might not have any low showings.He has many,like being knocked out by bullets,getting hurt by this,etc.

Smh,come on even with feats Thanos' strength is above a ton.

Thor tanked bifrost crystals and Hela's blades had more trouble piercing him than the other people she killed.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rajjarsalt

People use Thor hiding from bullets as a bad thing. They have good gatling guns on Asgard, and they actually have feats. Connect the dots on why even Hela would actively shield herself from them.

People say Thanos grunting as he lifted Hulk somehow indicates a lifting cap when Thanos outstatted Hulk and crushed the Tesseract in the very same scene. Atleast none of the MCU high tiers got KOed by things substantially under their durability level

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rajjarsalt

>"Superman doesn't have anti feats that contradict his high ends"

- presented with anti-feats

>Proceeds to ignore everything in the post and go on a tirade of MCU lowballing

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rajjarsalt

As for Thor's consistency, I'll restate what I said before yet in a different form.

Before IW:

"MWAHAHA THOR NOT HAVE ANY FEATS WORTH MENTIONING, TABLE LEVEL GIVE ME FEATS FOR THOR"

After IW:

"BLAH BLAH BLARGH THOR INCONSISTENT OUTLIER STRUGGLED WITH FAR LESS LIKE TABLE REEEEEE"

It's as if these folks weren't legitimately asking for Thor's feats. What a surprise.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman said:

Muh! Thor can move moon sized objects and withstand energy equivalent to thousands of nukes going off at once, Hulk can stagger mountain sized beings weighing millions of tons and channel continent busting energy through him, Carol can fly faster than light violating causality and no sell punches that can KO beings with country level durability.

So yeah, MCU high tiers are all million, billion maybe even trillion tonners. Some can fly FTL. Some can withstand small country to continent/moon level energy. Yes, all that sounds very realistic and consistent and therefore we need more alts with pathetic grammar spamming ridiculous gifs. The potential of wanking hasn't even peaked yet and the fanboys in the circle jerk shouldn't stop

>using realism to discard feats, scaling, arguments, etc. in a comic book movie where a man can summon a full body suit of armor out of thin air and a 50 kg woman can toss around grown men like ragdolls.

This is a new low for CV

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

Lol.... Thor hasn't struggled with any lifting feat before. The mcu admittedly don't have a lot of lifting feats but to use Thanos grunting from lifting Hulk isn't a good anti-feat even dceu Clark lifting/pulling feat had him indicating tiredness.

Clark has as many low showings as Thor does even more so stop with that idea of finding the lowest point and using it as a standard showing.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88:

A new low indeed... Can't say I'm surprised though, fanboys would go to any length to discredit feats that threatens them.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deltahuman

@kryptonianking88:

Hey hey hey, You better read the last sentence I wrote again pal. I never asked the circle jerk to stop. You are uplifting CV standards unlike me and that is enough to counterbalance whatever I have done. I agree, MCU high tiers are trillion tonners and continent level or whatever. Idk why you folks feel threatened so early. I haven't started the debates yet

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: Sarcasm's off the charts, I don't understand what your point is? You agree with MCU being TOAA >> but you don't like people arguing for it?

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deltahuman

@kryptonianking88:

Doesn't seem as vague as naming yourself Kryptonian and then choosing to fondle Asgardian balls

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deltahuman

@kryptonianking88:

Okay Kryptonian, here's your Kryptonite.

Since you consider realism in CBMs to be overrated, what's your opinion about BvS's 300 decibel sonic canon feat.

Now, don't pull out mental gymnastics out of your arse. Tell me if that feat is legit

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Scipio123

@emmafrostxmen:

Thor has struggled with WAY WAY WAY less weight,

When did Thor struggle with way less weight? He only had a handful of pure strength feats before IW anyway, and he didn't seem to struggle with any of them.

If you're going to bring up the table flip in Thor 1, there's no indication that it was actually difficult for him physically. His growl was much more likely the result of his burning rage at having been denied the throne.

Aside from that, the only other examples I can think of are him casually crushing Tony's gauntlets (while weakened btw) in Avengers 1 and carrying a car in AoU, neither of which showed him struggling.

and people stronger than Thor have also struggled with WAY less weight

Again, when has this happened? I don't recall Hulk particularly struggling with anything, even the Leviathan feat seemed fairly easy to him. And Thanos has a plethora of absurd strength feats, from crushing the Tesseract with his bare hand to easily ripping open Vibranium and casually overpowering Hulk, who has said Leviathan feat and a ton of other high-end strength feats besides.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman said:

@kryptonianking88:

Doesn't seem as vague as naming yourself Kryptonian and then choosing to foldle Asgardian balls

No Caption Provided

Apparently, if your username contains any reference to a DC property, you must by definition be a shill for all things DC and despise Marvel.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they are probably meant to be weaker in the MCU's perception (with an exception or two), stronger in the Zach Snyder perception, weaker in the DCEU perception.

For example, Scarlet Witch, the Winter Soldier, and Wonder Woman. Scarlet Witch is an absolute powerhouse to us. She can ragdoll those big wheels like freaking feathers, and she can destroy Infinity Stones. But we still have her lose to guys like Kryptonians. If a movie was made, I have no doubt Wanda would ragdoll Faora and Namek at the same time mid-blitz. Bucky, on the other hand, is put at a level here that has him curbstomping just about anyone short of Captain America. But we see that guys like Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Daredevil can keep up with super soldiers on enough basis to suggest they won't get stomped. Wonder Woman, in BvS, was freaking GOD, keeping up with Doomsday like Superman was. But then Justice League came. It's a whole issue. There's probably ten different threads discussing that.

If I was a part of them writing a movie on, say, Hulk or Flash, I'd want them to stay strong enough that you get the "wow" factor from them, but weak enough they don't break the movie. So, for example, if I directed a new MCU Hulk movie, I'd have Hulk be about his 2008 level+, but at the end, have him get some sort of amp (say, the Leader mind controls him and increases his strength to make him a more formidable threat) that would let him gain regeneration (healing his arm) and a new level of strength that would let him do things like tear through building-sized robotic metal arms with a thunderclap and use them as weapons, or leaping at high speeds to avoid high-yield missiles. But not do anything like sit through a nuclear onslaught or bust a mountain with a casual hit. With Flash, make him fast enough that he can do things like run across city blocks at FTE speeds, or run to and from his current location to intercept bullets. But I wouldn't make him run from Washington D.C to Moscow in a half a second or make him dodge lightspeed attacks on accident. I imagine that's how directors think. As big of fans as they are of the characters, they need to keep it interesting and within budget. We can't have Superman and Zod going through the Solar System while Thanos shakes the planet in a clash with Mjolnir, whether we want it or not.

What do you think about power levels now with Wandavision and ZSJL out?

The intended power levels have very clearly increased in the MCU, as you can see by comparing the final fight in Avengers with Infinity war, endgame and Ragnarok.

In DCEU, Superman's intended power levels are much higher than feats, but lower than the "techtonic plate" level. Wonder woman's intended power level seems to be somewhere between a super Soldier and Superman.

I got to disagree with you in the Wonder Woman part, as I seem to not understand your view, hope you could explain me.

With somewhere between a super Soldier and Superman lvl what do you actually mean? Like Asgardian lvl? Lady Sif lvl? Valkyrie lvl? cause if so, I can't see her being on that level and at the same time fighting Doomsday... I can't see Valkyrie headbutting Sups like that, in fact, I do think she would go down from the first headbutt if she was in Diana's place.

I dare to say Diana is intended to be at least Faora level, tho DCEU has trouble with this, since it's pretty clear they intend to show Kryptonians as equals to other Kryptonians, and they being >>>>> anyone else, when the logic I have (maybe even the logic Snyder has considering he had Diana fodderizing terrorists and blocking bullets Faora-ish style), based on comics too, not all Kryptonians necessarily scale to Superman, even in MoS Sups can handle Faora and Nam-Ek for some time, and if I'm not wrong, that's his first fight against comparable foes.

Pretty sure Sups is definitely intended to be above the TRILLION TON range... feats don't help much, true, but having the TECTONIC PLATE statement shows Snyder's intention with Sups is having him at least around the Quintillion Ton Range, with Wonder Woman (second strongest member) behind her being capable of withstand Doomsday, whose strength should be similar to what is intended for Superman...

And yeah, Flash is obviously intended to be FTL too... and he was barely starting in ZSJL.

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU is too damn inconsistent

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor's strength >>>>>> DCEU

No Caption Provided

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By rajjarsalt

@phoenixdiamond616: Snyder said he can't lift a continent

Where's this quintillion ton claim coming from? To shift a tectonic plate, he has to go against the rocks between the plates. This rock causes the friction between the plates, which can generate earthquakes.

Would you claim the Reeve feat is quintillion ton level as well?

OT: MCU intended power levels = the stuff I find = fax

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rjr said:
@spongegar said:

MCU is too damn inconsistent

But DCEU is not

No Caption Provided

SpiderMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SpiderMe

I genuinely think the creators of the MCU are okay with literally anyone beating anyone based on plot.

Cap resisting Thanos' strength, Proxima and Cull beating Thanos but Cull losing to Spidey, Proxima nearly beating SW but losing to Cap & gang, Loki being street level one minute with large building level TK the next, etc.

There are just too many of these inconsistencies for me to believe that anyone at Marvel cares about power levels. Which is fine, it just makes them hard to debate.

Like at this point I would not be surprised if the MCU had Spider-Man outmuscle Hulk or something.

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A theory I have in regards to the DCEU is there were two intended levels of perception at least under Zack Snyder. There's the overt/ surface level of power that is meant for the general public and there is the implied/ hinted at power level. The implied level usually requires more research and speculation and thus for more hard core fans.

On the surface level, Superman is just strong enough to lift buildings, move at super sonic to hyper sonic speed and just survive a nuke and Wonder Woman is just strong enough to lift tanks, move at super human speeds but just skilled enough to aim block bullets and can take a large explosion

On the deeper/ fan perspective, Superman can shift tectonic plates, move at relativistic speeds and can survive a nuke even after being severely weakened by kryptonite; Wonder Woman has about 1/3 of Supes' strength, is at least a lightning timer and can take multiple hits from Supes

I think these are intended as a tool to please both fans (that what the power/ feats) and the public that wants to maintain a sense of realism