DCEU Kryptonian weak to magical or no ?

Lamatero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll DCEU Kryptonian weak to magical or no ? (149 votes)

yes 66%
no 34%

link ( https://dcextendeduniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Sword_of_Athena )

No Caption Provided
As specified in wiki DC Extended Universe sword of athena can cut doomsday it are magic
i not know Should believe wiki or no because many people said DCEU Kryptonian no weak to magical.

• 
Avatar image for speedforceuser_
SpeedforceUser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far, he hasn't been shown to be affected by it. Wonder Woman's rope did Jack-shit to Supers. Either way, even if her magic or anyone else's magic could work on him, he statues her and everyone else besides Flash.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sword is more than likely magical since it cut DD quite easily and she also carries a lasso that forces Pple to tell the truth and this lasso worked on AM.

Avatar image for ashinlamatensei
Ashinlamatensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Ashinlamatensei

@abstractraze: you think legend god greek have magic or no ? are god greek just are god common no power at all people want worship.

DCEU zeus shoot lightning from hand human cannot make it.

No Caption Provided
kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze: you think legend god greek have magic or no ? are god greek just are god common no power at people worship.

DCEU zeus shoot lightning from hand human cannot make it.

No Caption Provided

not all powers are magical. not all powers beyond human capability are magical. read more fiction because powers are not limited to magical in nature.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are not weak to any magic, steppenwolf's armor just has better piercing resistance than doomsday.

Then Doomsday can be maimed by a mid-level brick armed with a generic sword. And so can Superman.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: it exists but the OP is reaching hard to connect amazon weapons as somehow magical when magic isn't even stated per se in the wonder woman movie.

In a setting where Islands are created as well as babies without the need for a father, it is generally assumed that magic was somehow involved.

MinlerDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MinlerDemon

@speedforceuser_ : It makes clark bog down temporary in phase wonder woman tell he.

this are show that Sword of athena >>>Bracelet >>> Lasso of Truth in strength of power magic

1 sword can cut everything

2 bracelet can absorb and Reflect on the attack.

3 lasso of Truth compel to tell reality.

i think sword can kill superman.

No Caption Provided
SpeedforceUser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minlerdemon: it didn't phase to the point where he'd get his ass kick. Lol. He snapped out real quick and put her on her ass. Lmao. And if they did engage in battle, she'd be a statue. ????

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: that’s an assumption. It wasn’t Superman who amped him up to ridiculous levels, it was the nuke.

Well, it was Superman who took it there where the nuke could be launched. He also amped him up with multiple heat-vision blasts, and by taking down a raffinery with it (which was a useless, dickish move).

If Supes hasn't been there, I guess WW could have killed DD without making such a fuss, and Supes would have lived thru the episode, as sure as his mother's name was "Martha".

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:

@kyrees: it exists but the OP is reaching hard to connect amazon weapons as somehow magical when magic isn't even stated per se in the wonder woman movie.

In a setting where Islands are created as well as babies without the need for a father, it is generally assumed that magic was somehow involved.

how involved is that though and is it even magic in the first place ? divine energy can do that as well. myth zeus practically does all that with divine powers.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, not at all.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Would you prefer the possibility that both Superman and Doomsday can be maimed by mid-level bricks wielding mundane swords?

MinlerDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedforceuser_: he get attack of lasso of Truth why he necessary must stop attack of bracelet because it will make he a painful.

still she not use sword to clark because he are friends

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

SpeedforceUser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minlerdemon: it doesn't matter what she attacks with, she's not fast enough. She could have all the weapons in the world, speed is what matters in a fight. :D

Even if she would've hit him with that, he still would've put her on her ass. Lmao

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By kyrees

@nucleon said:

@kyrees: Would you prefer the possibility that both Superman and Doomsday can be maimed by mid-level bricks wielding mundane swords?

why would i assume that ? all i am saying is that that diana's sword is tempered with something that is not normal. it could be magical, it could be divine, it could be something else. either way, the DCEU made no direct mention of the sword's properties.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most likely. It might not even neccesarily be magic but special metals e.g. atlantean steel.

MinlerDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MinlerDemon

@speedforceuser_: You wrong topic not are battle

OP DCEU Kryptonian weak to magical or no

i just prove kryptonian can get damage from magic because superman afraid attack bracelet of wonder woman he necessary must stop replace he will tanking it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I don't know why this guy keeps calling her sword generic and mundane

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

diana's "godkiller" sword was generic and mundane. the second one wasn't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I know that. This guy seems to think they're one and the same

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so. There is no implication of that being true in DCEU.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minlerdemon: That is not proof. Superman was flexing and showing his superior speed. There is NO evidence he is weak to magic. None.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why do i feel like there's one guy handling three accounts in this thread ? the sentence construction is so uncanny.

MinlerDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MinlerDemon

@bayman007: it not same as kryptonite he still can move

but can build damage give superman will get delete invulnerability and he can pain real.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: that came with experience though.

1: Superman didn’t know Wonder Woman existed at the time.

2: Superman was successfully removing Doomsday from earth. After his battle with Zod, him taking Doomsday away from the planet was the right thing for him to do.

3: The president didn’t need to nuke Doomsday but he wanted to take both kryptonians out.

4: Wonder Woman potentially killing Doomsday is a BIG maybe.

Ashinlamatensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour said:

@nucleon: or maybe try thinking just a little bit, you'd come to the conclusion that it wasn't a generic sword since any rational person would know a generic sword would shatter on something that tanked 30mm rounds and a nuke.

It doesn't have to be magic and there's literally no evidence pointing to that unless you're aware of the source material (which is irrelevant cos different universe), its just an extremely durable sword capable of splitting through the atoms of a being that should be immune to atomization.

Yeah mid-level brick capable of stopping doomsday's arm cold, absorb energy and project it, you need to refine your definition of brick and mid-tier mate

not are reality.

god killer it get destroy by ares.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashinlamatensei: not that sword man....the other one, the one that cut doomsday

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: why would i assume that ? all i am saying is that that diana's sword is tempered with something that is not normal. it could be magical, it could be divine, it could be something else. either way, the DCEU made no direct mention of the sword's properties.

Therefore, can we assume that it is that "something special" that made it worked with Doomsday but not on Steppenwolf? The rest, in that case, is just semantics.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I believe in, is that her sword is magical by nature (no precise enchantements), and it is that property that made it able to maim Doomsday, because Kryptonians are susceptible to magical effects, whereas Steppenwolf isn't.

If one refuses that it is WW's magic that did it, then one obviously believe a mundane weapon could have done the same. So, what's your angle, is WW's sword magical, or can Kryptonians be maimed by, yes, a mid-level brick wielding a mundane sword?

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: that came with experience though.

1: Superman didn’t know Wonder Woman existed at the time.

2: Superman was successfully removing Doomsday from earth. After his battle with Zod, him taking Doomsday away from the planet was the right thing for him to do.

3: The president didn’t need to nuke Doomsday but he wanted to take both kryptonians out.

4: Wonder Woman potentially killing Doomsday is a BIG maybe.

Yes, of course, I don't think it was malicious intent from Superman (except for that raffinery thing). He's just limited in intelligence. =).

WW was beating DD by resisting all of its attacks with her magic shield and maiming it with her magic sword. She was winning this fight on her own.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I know that. This guy seems to think they're one and the same

Do you have any indications to the contrary?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: are you just dense or didn't you watch ares destroy the God killer sword?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By kyrees

@nucleon said:

@kyrees: why would i assume that ? all i am saying is that that diana's sword is tempered with something that is not normal. it could be magical, it could be divine, it could be something else. either way, the DCEU made no direct mention of the sword's properties.

Therefore, can we assume that it is that "something special" that made it worked with Doomsday but not on Steppenwolf? The rest, in that case, is just semantics.

you are comparing apokaliptan armor to kryptonian skin. the former is even more unknown than the latter given it's only been seen in one movie to date.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Nucleon

@DammeFavour said:

@nucleon: are you just dense or didn't you watch ares destroy the God killer sword?

Still doesn't tell me in which way both swords were any different. Was one of them made in Taiwan as a cheap imitation of the other? Show me what you got.

They were probably forged at the same place by the same artisan.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: Diana only gave him serious trouble when Clark was also there. One on one Doomsday was dominating that fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: are you OK? They are 2 different swords, one comes from an amazon island and was used to fool Diana and doesn't have any feats on the level of the sword of Athena. One has feats of cleaving cars apart and cleaving through beings immune to atomization while the other's best feat is cutting through a wooden gun

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extrapolating from Doomsday' example and a fact that DD basically is a mutated kryptonian, I would say that yes, kryptonians in WoDC are vulnerable to magic.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Johndeyvido

@DammeFavour:

I know you love WW(i do too) but so far there is no evidence to say the two swords were forged with different metals or have different properties or even if Ares couldn't disintegrate the current one. She could have gone back home to get the current one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: can you prove she went back. Can you prove anything you just claimed. She's a curator, in all likelihood she got it from an expedition and this one actually has inscriptions on it that prove it belonged to an Olympian goddess. You would have to actually prove ares can do the same to this sword mate

Dogzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people still so ignorant and saying that they are weak? Yes it can affect them just as ot can affect every other damn character who doesn't have sorcery beyond the level of the person trying to use magic on them. I guess Odin is weak to magic too since Loki Thor 1'd him.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: doesn’t negate the fact that Doomsday dominated the fight

Ashinlamatensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Ashinlamatensei

@DammeFavour: i not know real why weapon wonder woman can build damage Doomsday.

No Caption Provided

again he get cut at leg.

No Caption Provided

Please do not forget doomsday build from corpse of general zod

No Caption Provided

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashinlamatensei: Pay attention to how Doomsdays skin reacts to damage (both physical and energy). Also note he was engineered by Lex to adapt, and that he added his own human DNA to his creation aswell.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: are you OK? They are 2 different swords, one comes from an amazon island and was used to fool Diana and doesn't have any feats on the level of the sword of Athena. One has feats of cleaving cars apart and cleaving through beings immune to atomization while the other's best feat is cutting through a wooden gun

The two of them comes from "Amazon Island". There are no evidences, of any kind, that one of these swords differ from the other. If you've got something that says otherwise - a wiki, anything - produce it here and now.

PS I don't know what atomization has anything to do with this. It's got like, no relevance at all. Try to focus.

Ashinlamatensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ashinlamatensei

@ bayman007 : watch gif he get cut by sword and he get push back by energy.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Nucleon

@ready_4_madness said:

@nucleon: doesn’t negate the fact that Doomsday dominated the fight

Yeah - he "dominated the fight" so much he lost an arm for no damage whatsoever inflicted on her. And at this moment he was amped like crazy, too.

Doomsday is over-rated.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: he lost an arm and still dominated

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Nucleon

@ready_4_madness: Perhaps you mean he had the initiative - for all the good that did him. In the end he even struggled to get out of her lasso.

I wouldn't, for my part, flaunt about a match where I lost an arm for no damage inflicted on my enemy, and pretend I was "dominating the fight". Furthermore if I am rumored to be like at least twice as up the powerscale than my adversary.