Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By buttersdaman000

After the dust settles in Batman v Superman, not only is Superman dead, but his secret identity, Clark Kent is as well. In addition to that, the films villain, Lex Luthor, very clearly knows the identities of all the major heroes. Now, a lot of people were assuming that Lex would keep this quiet and that Superman's rebirth would rectify the death of Clark Kent as well, somehow keeping the secret identity in tact. However, after that SS mid-credit scene, i'm not so sure anymore. It seems as if Bruce doesn't care about openly alluding to the fact that he's building a team to Amanda Waller, who also knows the identities of Flash and Aquaman at least. It wouldn't be too hard for her to put two and two together and realize that the only full human on the team is probably the guy who came knocking on her door a couple months ago.

So, I think it's safe to say secret identities might be a thing of the past as far as the film adaptations go. It works out for the MCU, and I see no reason why it couldn't work out for the DCEU either. The biggest hurdle is obviously going to be fan backlash from people who don't appreciate the status quo shift. However, I think it could be cool....

I guess i'm more interested in seeing how it plays out than I am in whining about something I can't change. But, who knows, maybe this all only amounts to speculation? We'll see soon enough though.

Questions, thoughts, concerns?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

As long as the general public don't know I don't care.

Also, Amanda Waller already knows Bruce is Batman, that's why she told him to stop working nights.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Amanda Waller already knows Bruce is Batman, that's why she told him to stop working nights.

I'm thinking the general public might know and I don't know how I would feel about that. As it is now, it just seems as if a lot of people know the secret identities of the heroes

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@buttersdaman000: I wouldn't really be into it, most of the MCU characters aren't really defined by their alter ego or don't really have one, getting rid of Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne changes everything. If they do away with Daredevil's secret identity or Spider-man's I'd feel the same.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rogueshadow said:

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I wouldn't really be into it, most of the MCU characters aren't really defined by their alter ego or don't really have one, getting rid of Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne changes everything. If they do away with Daredevil's secret identity or Spider-man's I'd feel the same.

Yeah, I agree. I just feel like that was the intention behind killing off Clark Kent lol

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@buttersdaman000 said:
@rogueshadow said:

Yeah, I agree. I just feel like that was the intention behind killing off Clark Kent lol

Perhaps Waller fakes some papers to state that he wasn't dead, but was injured during BvS and put into a coma, then he was registered as a John Doe in hospital, but that he then he woke up. She might deem it important that the Clark Kent persona be retained, because it grounds Superman who she sees as an otherwise rogue and uncontrollable element. I don't know, it's quite tricky, they must have some sort of plan.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By buttersdaman000

@buttersdaman000 said:
@rogueshadow said:

Perhaps Waller fakes some papers to state that he wasn't dead, but was injured during BvS and put into a coma, then he was registered as a John Doe in hospital, but that he then he woke up. She might deem it important that the Clark Kent persona be retained, because it grounds Superman who she sees as an otherwise rogue and uncontrollable element. I don't know, it's quite tricky, hopefully they have some plan.

I could get behind that. The two options I was thinking of were the complete removal of the SI (i'm fine with from a villain standpoint for Lex at least, and the citizens of smallville, but not the whole world) or the creation of a new identity....which would suck.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know they are taking so much liberties with the source material, so who cares if they don't keep the secret identities.