Now, the reasoning behind this post is basically more or less of a point of how reasonable-debaters shouldn't really bother too much with the battle forums; especially *"DCEU fans vs MCU fans."* Both sides basically get into arguments and even heated debates over these DCEU vs MCU characters and how they'd resort to absurd levels of "wanking/lowballing" statements in order to try to prove their points and get what they want. At the end of the day, they'd be complaining about what a crappy movie it was because of "muh featzz" or "lack of feats" or for whatever reason.
One can really just lean back and chuckle about it for a while. Of course, this will never end as each new DCEU/MCU/Other verse movie comes out.
Anyways, credit goes to Stahlflamme for the original concept of these type of posts. This one is pretty much a parody of his Thor Ragnarok one. And also this post is partially inspired by Lord-Parallax's "HIGHBALL/LOWBALL THAT CHARACTER!" posts.
**Movie:** Man of Steel
SPOILERS (Duh!) for those who still haven't seen it, even though it came out 6 years ago.
- Zod losing to Jor-El in a hand-to-hand fight means nothing. Zod would have won easily.
- Zod and his crew being trapped in the Phantom Zone for 33 years without aging clearly shows that they're immortal.
- Clark getting stung by the Kryptonian service android shows that it's planetary. (Because Superman's meant to be planetary right?)
- Superman accidentally shearing off the mountaintop during his first flight is equivalent to being a casual mountain buster.
- Superman's first flight shows that he can travel anywhere on Earth instantly!
- Superman knowing that Zod can't be trusted makes him omniscient.
- Jor-El's AI is omnipotent because he can teleport anywhere around Black Zero, open doors and knows who's coming to attack Lois.
- Kryptonian ships are supposedly indestructible. Superman casually blowing a hole in the wall with fist shows that he's a planet buster at bare minimum.
- Superman taking zero damage from a Kryptonian dropship plasma blast shows that he's invincible.
- The beating that knocked Superman out briefly was EFFORTLESSLY TANKED.
- Superman harming Nam-Ek and Faora with heat vision shows that it's hotter than the core of the sun.
- The World Engine terraforming the Earth is undeniably equivalent to planet busting.
- Superman one-shotting the World Engine and later, resisting the Phantom Zone singularity means he can tear apart black holes.
- Superman overcoming the World Engine's gravity beam means that he has planetary durability and infinite strength.
- Superman and Zod creating mach cones and shockwaves as well as shattering everything around with their punches/kicks/strikes means that they hit harder than nukes.
- Superman's mAcH cOnE punch >>>>> any striking feat in history (including comics) because opponent/thing/entity has no mAcH cOnE punch.
- Superman never getting cut or bruised during any fight means that he's completely invincible and never got hurt throughout the entire movie.
- Zod tackling Superman from the city to space in like 2 seconds shows that he's faster than light. (Totally makes sense.)
- Superman snapping Zod's neck shows he has Universal feats just because. He can kill ANYONE with ease and solo any verse (MCU especially).
- Depowered Kryptonians getting one-shotted and killed by Kryptonian plasma rifles means that the same will happen to solar powered Kryptonians on Earth.
- Kryptonians can't tank Krypton exploding or any other planet busting attack. Please ignore the fact that they were under a red sun.
- Clark being tackled out of the way by a regular guy on the boat shows that he's weak and that humans can beat him up.
- Clark greatly struggled to lift an oil rig derrick, showing that he's barely a 70 tonner in strength.
- Clark being KO'd by the oil rig explosion shows that he has a weakness to all explosions.
- Clark getting stung by the Kryptonian service android shows that he's weak.
- The Kryptonian service android that harmed Clark (and later got crushed by him) was only made out of regular Earth metal.
- Clark's heat vision can't kill humans since Lois survived it. (Please ignore the context that Clark was only trying cauterise Lois's wound).
- In the flashback, Jonathan telling Clark not to save him means that Clark would not have stood a chance against the tornado.
- A Kryptonian syringe piercing a depowered Superman's skin is equivalent to piercing a superpowered Superman's skin with a normal syringe.
- The wall of Black Zero that Superman casually punched through was just regular Earth stone.
- Superman's punches only being able to damage Zod's breather shows that his punches are weak.
- Superman and Faora dodging depleted uranium rounds clearly shows that they can be hurt by them.
- Kryptonians don't have super speed because they got tagged by bullets.
- Superman's body failing to penetrate a bank vault after being thrown across Smallville by Faora shows that he's super weak and that bank vaults are stronger/more durable than Kryptonians.
- Superman's head got rocked back by conventional artillery. This clearly means that he is taking damage and can be killed by it.
- Kryptonians aren't bullet-proof because they wore armour and masks for protection.
- Colonel Hardy getting a knife out to fight Faora shows that knives can kill Kryptonians. Therefore, Hardy could have taken Faora.
- Faora getting KO'd by a missile shows that she's pathetic and weak. She almost died from it too.
- Superman struggling against the Phantom Zone singularity means he's weak since Lois was fine being near it.
- While fighting Zod, a car falling on Superman clearly hurt him. Therefore, cars can easily turn Superman into roadkill!
- None of Zod's punches did anything to Superman.
- None of Superman's punches did anything to Zod.
- Superman snapping Zod's neck is no feat. Anyone can do it.
- Zod losing and getting killed shows how weak he is. He got killed by a weakling like Superman who can't even lift a bit of steel and got one-shotted by an explosion. Kryptonians are super weak and they suck!
- Superman is only really human level. Everything he's done were all outliers and don't count.
You guys are welcome post the most ridiculous/satirical interpretations of scenes, feats and statements you can come up with or the most absurd statements you've come across in any battle forum. And please don't take the above highball/lowball statements too seriously.
Let's get cracking and keep the discussion going.