DCEU Flash official tie in confirms he is fodder

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rajjarsalt

Flash breaks his fingers hitting this villain named Girder, who at first glance, he compares to a living steel wall

No Caption Provided

and while looking at the damage, after feeling how hard Girder is, compares him to a wrecking ball. Girder also breaks his ribs with one punch.

No Caption Provided

Flash also gets punched around by Batfleck, and tells Batsy not to torture him to death

Batfleck somehow takes a punch from Girder, though it reduces him to his knees. Though it's implied he would have been killed had Girder dropped the car on him.

No Caption Provided

In the rematch, Girder hits him so hard that it destroys his suit and his self-esteem.

As far as feats go, Girder tore through a floor and a wall, overhead pressed a car, but his limits are not much higher, as he was slowed down by a hard foam grenade.

To stop being fodder, Flash decides to use a technique where he goes supersonic and condenses the molecules in his fist. These punches make Flash mighty enough to break through punching bags, fracture walls, damage the Batmobile, etc.

Flash cuts loose and manages to dent Girder, and holds off his arm with several punches, but Flash ends up hurting himself by doing this.

No Caption Provided

Best part is that Flash was worried about hurting Girder with his technique because it damaged the Batmobile

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batmobile scales to Steppen “island level slam” wolf, remember.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88: Good point! Though all JL appearances of Flash happen before he learned this technique

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4 frozen  Moderator

Not a good look for the kryptonians he will tornado punch.

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmaoo

OT: I think DCEU Flash has a huge potential , Hope he reveals it in his new movie.

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By warrior8411
@rajjarsalt said:

@kryptonianking88: Good point! Though all JL appearances of Flash happen before he learned this technique

so this happened BEFORE JL ..oh wait there's batman..

So THIS ^ Flash is going to splatter himself by Punching anyone on the Likes of DCEU Superman, MCU Thor, CM ,Thanos etc. (movie might change that who knows)

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt said:

so this happened BEFORE JL ..oh true there's batman..

So THIS ^ Flash is going to splatter himself by Punching anyone on the Likes of DCEU Superman, MCU Thor, CM ,Thanos etc. (movie might change that who knows)

He knocked himself out running into Aquaman in SC. Not even memeing, he literally oneshots himself in any fight against a high tier (for now)

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rajjarsalt
@warrior8411 said:
@rajjarsalt said:

Nah, this happens after JL, it is a tie-in to the upcoming Flash movie

Flash got shoulder checked by Superman, cheapshotted by Steppenwolf, took out Aquaman down just by running into him, touched the point of Diana's sword without getting cut, there's plenty of Ls to go around

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warrior8411 said:
@rajjarsalt said:

Nah, this happens after JL, it is a tie-in to the upcoming Flash movie

Flash got shoulder checked by Superman, cheapshotted by Steppenwolf, took out Aquaman down just by running into him, touched the point of Diana's sword without getting cut, there's plenty of Ls to go around

Yeah I guess so, still He's one of my favourites and has a huge potential ,Hope for the moviess

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#10 frozen  Moderator

@rajjarsalt said:

The tornado punch from the trailer is said to knock away kryptonians. For what that's worth.

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@warrior8411 said:
@rajjarsalt said:

The tornado punch from the trailer is said to knock away kryptonians. For what that's worth.

I don't wanna hate or anything but Pushing away Kryptonians is Standard Lois Lane level stuff lol

(this is pure sarcasm incase someone trys to call me a lowballer LOL , I thought this^ was funny and couldn't resist posting it somewhere pls don't hurt me XD )

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@warrior8411 said:
@rajjarsalt said:

Big L for kryptonian scaling unless there's something in the movie that makes the tornado punches more impressive.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lolol

Playa1258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This film is going to cause a shitstorm

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rajjarsalt
@applekidthethird said:
@frozen said:
@warrior8411 said:
@rajjarsalt said:

Big L for kryptonian scaling unless there's something in the movie that makes the tornado punches more impressive.

How hard is it to knock away a Kryptonian anyway?

There's that Kryptonian cannon that failed to destroy an airplane despite igniting the fuel in its engines

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or the famous showing that had Snyder's sons calling out for my blood.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or a really small explosion

No Caption Provided

Or some debris from a falling skyscraper

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or the gravity on Krypton

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or a train in freefall

No Caption Provided

Or a tipping oil derrick

No Caption Provided
heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

planet actually

No Caption Provided

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 socajunkie  Moderator

Is Holland fodder for hurting his hand on a brick wall?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online
@socajunkie said:

Is Holland fodder for hurting his hand on a brick wall?

Has that lowend been brought up in dozens of debates? I kinda feel like it has.

Fair play would suggest it’s probably fine to point out lowends, or at least keep track of them to counter others lowball….imo.

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RJR

Ok, but we already knew this, and everything we see here is consistent with his performance in JL and ZSJL. He's fast, but he just never had good strength-strike feats or durability.

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also to bring up what the two mods mentioned above, low ends happen often. I mean like spiderman, is thanos a fodder because he couldn't cut a tree in half and he struggled to lift hulk, is thor a fodder because his axe couldn't cause damage to a street and his lightning AOE was tanked by two goats, is hulk fodder because a jeep was able to push him away without causing damage to said jeep, the list always goes on.

It just happens people.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

dem legs

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 socajunkie  Moderator

@death4bunnies: I’ve seen and I myself have brought it up as a counter for people using high ends only and not taking the average level they’re shown to operate at. Holland’s one is particularly dismissible just because he’s got so many other feats and he was portrayed nigh equal to Tobey who punched clean through metal without hurting himself fresh after becoming Spider-Man, though one could argue that’s due to adrenaline, that’s just head-canon.

Something more viable would be Garfield struggling to break through glass as that’s pretty much his level throughout the ASM films, he was never shown having note-worthy striking feats.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@eredin12 said:
@frozen said:

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@socajunkie:

Holland also punched through metal a bunch of times.

Punches through a giant shield.

Punches Goblin's arm blade in half.

Busts into Goblin's glider with 2 elbows - Notable the glider has took explosions and busted Doc Ocks arm.

Kicks and punches apart Stark Drones - another one busted with a kick - kick - kick - punch, and he even just rips the drones apart.

Busts armored truck door

Kick busts Vulture tech, busts through highway sign, .etc, etc, etc.

Average punch seems like a Spider specific restriction tbh, I understand the idea of not just using high ends.. but like in general Superman or Thor or CM whatever get to use their best feats.

—-1

I don’t think windshield glass that most grown men can break is TASM Spideys level at all.

No Caption Provided

I get that was a era they didn’t like to have Spidey punching a lot, but the Spider has plenty of strength feats to put him over truck windshield level.. feels like another lowball to my ears.

——

But yeah, people use antifeats for a number of reasons, good to keep track of id think, and in Flashes case these tie in comic feats seem to be his best striking feats, so not really antifeats.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

Thing about Flash as opposed to Spider-Man or whoever else is that it's that it isn't even an issue of consistency.

He sucked, pure and simple, and to stop sucking, he had to train and get better. Those feats are gonna stick to him like tar!

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 socajunkie  Moderator

@death4bunnies: You’d be hard pressed to find more striking feats for Andrew on the level of the one you posted which is more of a momentum and weight/impact showing anyway but the windshield glass being on the lower end doesn’t mean he has striking feats on the other Spider’s level.

Off the top of my head, the football throw that bent the post is a great feat however if physics was to be accurate, the ball should’ve just exploded lol

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@socajunkie:

I agree he doesnt have as good of striking feats as the other spiders… or strength feats, but Id still rate him well over windshield level.

I forgot about the football thing.. lol.. imma say he’s the most sports oriented Spidey, he has basketball, football, and skateboard feats.

He has that thing where he pokes his fingers into guys nose to clear out the webbing.. I’ve argued that it’s a strike, and beating a material that’s 10x steel.. but it’s kinda a funny arg..

No Caption Provided

Andrews webs 10x steel, finger strike!!!

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 socajunkie  Moderator

@death4bunnies: I genuinely have no idea whether to take that feat seriously, you could just scale up from the fact that spider silk IRL is stronger than steel yet we can break it so easily because it’s really thin. I know Andrew’s webs aren’t spider silk but the idea should be the same just adjusted for his enhanced strength.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@socajunkie:

Well the human with his mouth shut seemed unable to break it, along with everyone else Andrews restrained.

—-

You can kinda see the thickness on dudes mouth and nose , could just say he could do it to steel that had 10x its thickness.

No Caption Provided

From TASM

https://gfycat.com/grippingunsteadygermanspaniel Gif of the scene with sound.

The narration kinda suggests it’s a cable, with each pellet carrying a set length…and kinda shows a strand pulling a plane.

Feat wise his webs have carried cars and stuff.

—-

Its kinda a funny feat in anycase, not exactly a punch, but I think it’s cool.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Title is very funny ngl

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I'm really getting from this discussion is that Batfleck took a bit from a meta human that can lift cars overhead. None of the other stuff means much to me considering Barry's gonna be more impressive by the end of the movie.

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

I'm pretty sure he'll get stronger during his film lol, just like Clark and Thor did as they progressed

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC, he ends up learning how to punch at super speeds without hurting himself later on in the comic, so this is irrelevant.

advent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why I think it's hilarious when someone says DCEU Flash can kill MCU Thor with a punch. Flash would die punching Thor, literally just explode on him.

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I'm really getting from this discussion is that Batfleck took a bit from a meta human that can lift cars overhead. None of the other stuff means much to me considering Barry's gonna be more impressive by the end of the movie.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By rajjarsalt
@great_darkness said:

IIRC, he ends up learning how to punch at super speeds without hurting himself later on in the comic, so this is irrelevant.

That one DID hurt

???

RudyGiuliani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is a comic set in DCEU?

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battleboarders discover than characters don't perform at peak power all the time.

Otherwise Kratos is tree-level and Spider-Man can't break a concrete wall. Oh, and Invincible can only lift 400 tons.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is a comic set in DCEU?

Yes, it's the official tie-in to the film. Given context of this book it makes more sense why Flash is using more gimmicks in the trailer

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_darkness said:

That one DID hurt

???

Out of like a bunch of punches yeah, but it didn't leave a scratch on him according to himself, and before that, he punches actual steel and concrete walls and it doesn't hurt him.

And in issue 2, he learns how to phase and how to "punch" someone without even touching them.