DCEU Black Adam yeets some dude (energy output and Lifting Strength calculation)

• 63 results
Avatar image for deactivated-62efaa9d3d5ff
deactivated-62efaa9d3d5ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Been wanting to calculate this for a while but just always forgot to.

This.

Distance and Speed

He was thrown out of sight/ over the horizon whatever you wan to call it

A human can see as far as 50 miles away(80.467 KM) on a clear day. That's crazy.

Timeframe 1.33 seconds, although he wasn't fully out of site the before the clip was cut(he's still visibly a really tiny dot) so I'll just use 2 seconds as the total time it took for the man to not be seen anymore... which is a somewhat lowball.(it seems like he was going to go out of site in a few milliseconds more, 1.45-1.60 second-ish but I'm playing it safe)

Distance = 80.467 km

Speed at which this poor dude was thrown = D/t

= 80.467km(80 467m)/2

=40,233.5m/s

mach 117.299

Energy Output

For the guy's weight there's no information on the actor for some reason, so I'll use 62kg which is the average weight of a human.

KE

=(0.5*Mass)V^2

=(0.5*62)40 233.5^(2)

Thats 50,180,770,189.75 joules of energy.

Neat ig.

Force exerted

Finding the force Adam had to exert to perform this feat accounting for Air resistance

1/2 Cd p AV^2

Drag co efficient(cd) = 1(for humans)

P = 1.225kg/m^3(air density)

A= 1.9m2(area of object in meter squared)

V = 40,233.5m/s

=1 883 802 300.2684376 newtons..

Conclusions/Final tally

Feat is worth

Approximately 12 tons of tnt.

City block level.

Adam's lifting strength

= 192 094.4 metric tons.. casually

hmmmmmmm. I'm kinda surprised buy how much that is. This my first time calculating drag so that's probably why. Feel free to tell me where I messed up.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still below Party Thor or nah

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 death4bunnies  Moderator

@heiqn said:

@death4bunnies Spider-Man can rep or no?

Lol I shan’t derail this thread.. too polite.

Also I don’t know about the how far humans can see to get a distance thing, but I’ll watch this thread for more info.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bah if only BA launched him into oribit

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still thinking about the distance -miles-thing.. But other than that it's all Awesome!

I'm into the topic of Gods very much , so i love characters like Shazam, BA , Thor etc :)

@titansgo well done!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warrior8411: "I'm still thinking about the distance -miles-thing.. But other than that it's all Awesome!"

I lowballed the weight of the poor guy, lowballed the Timeframe too. And I'm 60% sure humans can see way more than 50 miles tbh, heck this was literally a sky view not even a ground view, from the sky how far you can see increases a lot. I should've added the weight of his clothes and way more numbers to the distance If I wanted to get the highest value of this feat but I didn't, not even a single decimal.

But I'll make a low lower end just for you cause you're a really nice and normal person.

Using 30km

Blah blah blah more annoying math

That's 261 843 750 newtons

That's adam being able to lift 26,700.6 tons effortlessly at the lowest end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gooeypotatoalt: "I was gonna do this, but I am really happy you did it instead. It is also awesome how you included air resistance. I have tried including that, but I could not find anything of the drag coefficient of air."

Thanks.

I never actually cared about calculating MCU/DCEU feats because well.. I don't care about those stuff as much, but I really felt like people were underestimating how insane this particular feat was.

(I had to do research and made sure I got my facts right a hundred percent to the point of me falling asleep the moment I posted this thread. I just woke up)

Also... eagle? Is it you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To put effortless 200k tonner strength to perspective, DCEU adam could pick up the Washington monument(80k tons) and swing it like a baseball bat hard enough to kill faora and Nam-ek.

Also the justice society seem to be giving him some trouble so I doubt they'll be fodder in the slightest. Especially atom smasher. Anyways I'm off to continue studying now

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titansgo: The calculation is wrong because you can't see a human from 50 miles away..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: read everything I told warrior. There's always the low end right there for you. You can see a human from 50 miles away depending on how high up above the ground you are.

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Power_Hunter

A human can see as far as50 miles away(80.467 KM) on a clear day.

Your source says humans can see buildingsfrom 50miles away, not other humans:

50 miles: On clear days, city buildings can be seen from 50 miles away (if you’re standing on the ground).

And I don't know if a random eye doctor from Miami is a reliable source.

Angular sizing would be better. Your calc is heavy highball:

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@power_hunter: "Your source says humans can see buildingsfrom 50miles away, not other humans"

Again sky view argument.

"And I don't know if a random eye doctor from Miami is a reliable source."

The other calculation is right up there. Also I'd believe the words of someone who actually studied this than a random CV user. Where do you think these type of values come from like the curvature of the earth etc. It's not aliens who give us these values it's people who studied it lol.

"Angular sizing would be better."

Don't know how to.

"Your calc is heavy highball:"

No not really. The distance is questionable at most. And again, the The other calculation is right up there using 30km.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t think so

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so bad lmao. He wasn't thrown over the horizon given the scene cuts, and we can still see the guy as a dot, so the distance is just wrong. I doubt he was thrown over even a kilometer.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looked somewhere between 100-500 meters than 80 km.

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titansgo: Look, I'm going to give you an example. There are 13 miles from Gibraltar to Morocco:

No Caption Provided

1.Do you think you can see someone from that distance? Of course not.

2.Do you think in your gif Black Adam threw the dude that far away?Of course not.

Now imagine 50 miles, it's just nonsense.

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was not 50 miles wtf

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titansgo: great! Now I'm convinced about your original calc, and i genuinely appreciate it🙂

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@power_hunter: an average person can about 5km away, if you're 20 meters up in the air the distance increase by around 2.2 times and it keeps increasing the higher you go. The shot we get is from really high up in the air.

Also your image example is not facing horizontally lol its facing downwards a bit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpsychiclord_prime: "This is so bad lmao. He wasn't thrown over the horizon given the scene cuts, and we can still see the guy as a dot, so the distance is just wrong."

I literally addressed that and added more time you did not read the op. Or anything I've been saying to others.

"I doubt he was thrown over even a kilometer."

What you doubt doesn't matter unless you can actually disprove why any of this research is incorrect.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buuuuummppp

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titansgo: You're basing the calc on the guy being thrown over the horizon, which is nonsense. You couldn't even see a person as a dot at 2 km, much less at 10km, much much less at 80km like you're trying to prove here. It's been explained to you, and you could use basic common sense before you went through all this work.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpsychiclord_prime: please don't tag me again. I've explained everything and now I know you just choose to not want to listen. Basic common sense is something you don't have if you can't understand simple sentences.

"an average person can about 5km away, if you're 20 meters up in the air the distance increase by around 2.2 times and it keeps increasing the higher you go. The shot we get is from really high up in the air."

This^^

What do you mean you can't see a person as a dot from 2km away who are you exactly to say it's wrong when people who studied this say it's ture.

The fact that this is all a Google search away is insulting to the type of cOmMoN sEnSe you have. And again you didn't read the OP!

"although he wasn't fully out of site the before the clip was cut(he's still visibly a really tiny dot) so I'll just use 2 seconds as the total time it took for the man to not be seen anymore... which is a somewhat lowball.(it seems like he was going to go out of site in a few milliseconds more, 1.45-1.60 second-ish but I'm playing it safe)"

This is more you not liking the results than you actually using that common sense you supposedly have.

Using a distance of 1km that's 29.7 metric tons

- 5km(least value for horizon view)= 741.7 metric tons

- 10km(low mid value for horizon view(being 20 meters above the ground)= 2 966.73 metric tons

- 12 miles(mid value for horizon view)= 11 064 metric tons

- 30km(mid value for horizon view) = 26 700.6 metric tons

- 40km(mid high value for horizon view when really high up in the air) = 47 467.8 metric tons

- 80km(High value when the sky is really clear and a good sky view of the distance) = 192 094.4 metric tons

- 300km( highest value for horizon view standing on top of of a mountain or getting a view from a 1600 meters and above.)= 2 670 063.2 metric tons.

The view we got seem to be from atleast 50 meters in the air.

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titansgo said:

@power_hunter: an average person can about 5km away, if you're 20 meters up in the air the distance increase by around 2.2 times and it keeps increasing the higher you go. The shot we get is from really high up in the air.

Also your image example is not facing horizontally lol its facing downwards a bit.

Why does it matter if the image is facing downwards a bit if the camera is 200m in the air. You can clearly see the mountains at 13 miles and it's clear that it would be impossible to see a person there.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@titansgo: Did you ever study physics? Drag is 0, air resistance is 0. Always. No exceptions :) :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: lmao what?! I'm not even gonna throw an insult at you. That's just sad. Or you're trolling. I can't tell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@power_hunter:

"Why does it matter if the image is facing downwards a bit if the camera is 200m in the air."

Because the line of sight decreases??

"You can clearly see the mountains at 13 miles and it's clear that it would be impossible to see a person there."

This is the last time I'm replying to you.

How clear the day is

How high up

How clear the view is(no buildings whatsoever obstructing the place)

Those are what matter. You can't just bring up an image of a really foggy view and a downwards facing camera and go, yeah this is good example.

But anyways ye. You can definitely see a human from that far if that mountain wasn't there.

If a human was standing on that mountain you wouldn't be able to tell them apart cause they'd be a literally black dot blending in with how dark the mountain is.

The farther you are away from something the darker it seems. If that mountain wasn't there and you put a human in the air there a hundred percent you would be able to see them cause there's nothing else for the person to blend into.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titansgo said:

@chimeroid: lmao what?! I'm not even gonna throw an insult at you. That's just sad. Or you're trolling. I can't tell.

It's a joke from Physics and Mechanics class. In all tasks we assume drag is 0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titansgo said:

@chimeroid: umm why would you ignore drag?

When you study principles in physics the "rule" is that "drag is negligible" so that you can learn how to do the basic task without having to go into detail.

Of course Drag is important, but that's a meme in the community.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: I mean. The guy never slowed down. Funnily enough.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:

Lol. Makes sense that the guy got yeeted up and started falling downwards/sideways at the speed of gravity which is also MHS+ in this case.

Hahaha, agreed.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: Not that gravity is MHS+, but in your point behind the post.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:
@chimeroid said:

@akz: Not that gravity is MHS+, but in your point behind the post.

i was obv exaggerating lol. The calc was the guy falling down diagonally but he'd be falling at the acceleration of gravity.

@titansgo said:

@akz: I mean. The guy never slowed down. Funnily enough.

Oh? why did he not keep travelling upwards then?

If he was launched at that speed he would never actually fall, he would vastly outspeed the escape velocity.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: This math should ignore measuring time in the video, that's stupid. How high you fly is strictly defined by the force of launch and gravity. The timeframe is irrelevant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: I have no idea. Movies are never consistent with physics. Maybe thats how adam was aiming.

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titansgo:

Because the line of sight decreases??

Why would that matter if the mountain is clearly visible... Increasing the line of sight doesn't give you super vision, just moves the horizon back away.

This is the last time I'm replying to you.

Overly sensitive.

How clear the day is

How high up

How clear the view is(no buildings whatsoever obstructing the place)

Those are what matter. You can't just bring up an image of a really foggy view and a downwards facing camera and go, yeah this is good example.

But anyways ye. You can definitely see a human from that far if that mountain wasn't there.

If a human was standing on that mountain you wouldn't be able to tell them apart cause they'd be a literally black dot blending in with how dark the mountain is.

It doesn't matter what mental gymnastics you do. First of all, your source says that a buildingcould be visible in a clear day, not a person.

Then, Black Adam threw that dude in a cloudy sky, the pictured I picked shows a way clearer day. Also in your gif the line of sight is lower than in my picture as the camera is clearly in a lower height.

You're just overrating an unimpressive feat and getting salty when people contradict you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers