• 53 results
Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mrnoital

looks like they don't want to use another channel but rather just put these with their own digital service

It will apparently be coming in 2018 with exclusive content

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Wait, what? Is this for reals? You have to be kidding, right?

If this is the truth...life has been completed.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mrnoital

@batvibe12: yeah, this is coming from DCs official twitter

if you click the link on the tweet you can get on a list to get notifications on when this stuff will be coming out

FearSinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for YJ Season 3

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fascinating. So with Rebirth going on DC decided to finally put this good ideas out of box.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Thanks :)

Also, this is actually happening.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the start if something amazing for DC.

1) Take advantage of having more creative freedom

2) Push content for characters that don't usually get a lot of exposure (kind of how they did the one-shot cartoons for The Spectre and Green Arrow)

3) Make sure it's affordable. It's good, but at it's start I doubt it will be anywhere close in terms of variety compared to services like Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu.

4) Update regularly and make sure there's enough content at the start to make people feel one they need to get a subscription.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I would had prefer the show to be at Netflix. There only so much streaming service you can have until you said screw that I am just seeing it in other websites.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

This is the start if something amazing for DC.

1) Take advantage of having more creative freedom

2) Push content for characters that don't usually get a lot of exposure (kind of how they did the one-shot cartoons for The Spectre and Green Arrow)

3) Make sure it's affordable. It's good, but at it's start I doubt it will be anywhere close in terms of variety compared to services like Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu.

4) Update regularly and make sure there's enough content at the start to make people feel one they need to get a subscription.

Absolutely this. They can have complete seasons of all their older shows like Smallville, Batman, Superman TAS. All of their movies, exclusive content, next day streaming of current shows. This could be an amazing product.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@righteous300: I hope they make all previous DC movies, tv shows and everything there to start

since it's also owned by WB I assume they can put everything that WB has distribution rights for

could be all the animated movies and cartoons, maybe live action too, including the Arrowverse

in the full announcement they say it will be an immersive experience designed just for DC fans

ham12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ham12

There is definitely some potential here. But with that said there is some big negatives as well:

1. I won't be getting this. Don't like DC enough to pay for another subscribe channel.

2. Greg Berlanti is producing. So, lol.....no. Just no on TT.

But it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Like, will there be old DC shows to watch. I mean what DC content can there be to justify the cost of a whole channel. Old movies? I don't see it. Unless they make one new show a week or something.

But really I think this is more of a necessity. DC core shows kept getting cancelled or drop before the pilot on anything other than the CW. Which doesn't help DC at all. Powerless just got cancelled. Super girl got cancelled before the first season ended by CBS. Constantine got cancelled. TT got its pilot dropped by TNT and has been in limbo. No subscription service or basic cable channels other than the CW would touch DC characters unless they were directly tied to Batman(Gotham) or Superman(Krypton). I think DC done this as a way from going obsolete. It's like, fine no one will pick up our shows so will do it ourselves.

But it's been a while now and no real channels or services has wanted to pick up a DC show. Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Amazon, TNT etc.... This was out of necessity.

And there's no way these shows will be able to keep up with the already established Netflix and other services. DC will take a huge loss on this buts it's nessasary for there survival.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Cool

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Penguin-Dust

I need to know pricing before I get too excited. I have Netflix, Hulu and Crunchyroll as is, so I really don't need another monthly subscription streaming service. If I could just pay $40 or $50 for the year and not have to worry about it, I would consider taking the plunge. Programming would also have to be varied and fresh. CBSi will be airing new Star Trek this year through their online service, but I'm not interested in paying that fee for one show. There is nothing else on CBS I care to watch. I'll need something more than new Young Justice and a Teen Titans cartoon.

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatttt????

Nooooooo. Just put it on netflix!

Anyone know if it will be available on netflix a year or later or something?

ham12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ham12

Also how much longer will the CW continue to play the CWverse. When DC gets dropped by that joke of a station they'll have nothing. CW sucks but it's all they have.

So when DC gets dropped Berlanti can just move all of his shows to the DC channel. TT will more than likely be a part of the CWverse anyway with Berlanti producing. It's possible.

Also a DC exclusive channel would have to be cheap on quality. It's no way they could afford the Netflix or HBO budget on a station that only caters to a small group of DC fans. This station won't have near the amount of subscribers as the universal stations. So that's probably why Berlanti fits right in. Producing TT he can bring in his cheap CW style which would be a perfect fit.

I wouldn't expect much out of this station.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. I hope it gives writers more creative freedoms

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not thrilled about this. Netflix and HBO are enough money as it is.

Since I hate all DC live action stuff anyways, I'll probably pass on this altogether and watch YJ online.

ham12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hungry_sharky:

"Not thrilled about this. Netflix and HBO are enough money as it is.

Since I hate all DC live action stuff anyways, I'll probably pass on this altogether and watch YJ online."

THIS!

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to know pricing before I get too excited. I have Netflix, Hulu and Crunchyroll as is, so I really don't need another monthly subscription streaming service. If I could just pay $40 or $50 for the year and not have to worry about it, I would consider taking the plunge. Programming would also have to be varied and fresh. CBSi will be airing new Star Trek this year through their online service, but I'm not interested in paying that fee for one show. There is nothing else on CBS I care to watch. I'll need something more than new Young Justice and a Teen Titans cartoon.

this is actually a live action series and not another cartoon

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• Wonder if this means that they will be pulling all their old shows off of Amazon Prime, and Netflix?
  • Is it going to be like the Marvel Unlimited app where you get to read their old comics, or just a streaming channel?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, no. I'm not paying for just two shows.

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DOnt fret my friends. There will be site where we can pirate from hopefully

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't think a DC streaming service will get much attention unless it's very cheap, in which case it might not be economically viable.

I'm just wondering if the TT show will exist in the Arrow/Flash universe/multiverse or be completely standalone. They've already had Red Arrow and Kid-Flash on Arrow/Flash. If they were gonna do it in the Arrowverse, it should just be called Titans. It'll be interesting to see if Batman ever shows up. Seems like there's been a complete 180 on limiting characters to one live-action medium, they killed off the Suicide Squad and scrapped Harley Quinn for the film, but now they've brought Superman onto TV and are doing the same with Nightwing (The Flash is sort of anomalous though, I think the show was already off the ground by the time the DCEU was really coming together).

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: it's not just two shows. It's just that those two shows will be making their debut on the service

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i will only watch it because of Titans.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mrnoital

@rogueshadow: I'm hoping they make it like Crackle and is just free

but you have to join and sit through DC related commercials

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Now you got me interested.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A streaming service to watch YJ? Ugh. Thank u very much Cartoon Network for being dickheads. Hopefully this encourages DC and WB to produce more young adult cartoons.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Iffy on YJ, I think its vastly overrated, here's hoping they stick to the first season cast and a limited number of interesting villains as opposed to laughably bad mustache twirling loons and the utterly idiotic Reach. Looking forward to Titans, cant help but feel cynical. Its like WB is saying "you wanted this right? now put your money where your mouth is".

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#32 JediXMan  Moderator

... I love YJ, but I'm not paying for another streaming service.

Hush114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

The hell? What about Netflix?

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@righteous300: I thought they did, wasn't that a huge announcement when they did it? I don't recall them dropping it

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Yeah so the whole point of them putting Seasons 1-2 on Netflix was to test and see if the viewership was there for it. After a while the creator said that it wouldn't be getting renewed on Netflix. Guess DC decided to take things in their own hands.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I'm so confused, they just announce a Nightwing movie and now he's in a TV series?

Is this the same Titans TV series that almost happened recently?

Why aren't they getting a movie while lesser teams like Suicide Squad, Gotham City Sirens and Justice League Dark are?

Quit f***ing with me and give me my Raven! >_<

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath said:

I'm so confused, they just announce a Nightwing movie and now he's in a TV series?

Is this the same Titans TV series that almost happened recently?

Why aren't they getting a movie while lesser teams like Suicide Squad, Gotham City Sirens and Justice League Dark are?

Quit f***ing with me and give me my Raven! >_<

I'd prefer a Titans TV Series at this point. Geoff Johns is writing for it, so I'm sure it'll be great. I think it's completely seperate from whatever TNT had going on. This one's Berlanti produced (like Arrowverse shows) and written by Geoff Johns, so I think it has pretty enormous potential. It sounds like we're getting a pretty classic Titans lineup, including Nightwing and Raven. I'm hoping they do strawberry Wally too, just because it would be cool to see him and chocolate Wally from Flash interact if they ended up doing a crossover.

I assume the service will have all the past DC shows and movies, both animated and live-action. It'll probably get day-after streaming for all the current shows in Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, IZombie, Preacher, Lucifer, Powerless, Gotham, Vixen/FreedomFighters/Constantine animated, and soon Krypton and Black Lightning. I feel like that's a pretty great service for someone who watches all or most or even half of these shows. I pay much more than that culminatively just from missing some episodes and having to purchase them on Itunes.

This could be a pretty cool product, especially if they're as adament about it being designed specifically for DC Fans as it seems. I'd honestly get it just for Titans and Young Justice alone, I don't have the willpower to wait for possible releases somewhere else or the money to buy them through Itunes.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By Lvenger
@entropy_aegis said:

Iffy on YJ, I think its vastly overrated, here's hoping they stick to the first season cast and a limited number of interesting villains as opposed to laughably bad mustache twirling loons and the utterly idiotic Reach. Looking forward to Titans, cant help but feel cynical. Its like WB is saying "you wanted this right? now put your money where your mouth is".

I'm hoping for this to happen on Season 3 of YJ too. The enlarged cast was too distracting and impersonal compared to the first season's tightly knit team dynamics. And the Reach were really stupid main villains, that twist with Green Beatle was asinine and their motivations were paper thin compared with their motivations in the comics. Pre Flashpoint comics to be specific but that's what the Reach were based on in the show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they announce a Nightwing standalone film like 2 months ago? with the director of Lego Batman?

Now a TT Live Action TV Show? Assuming Nightwing is in the main line up which he probably he is, also assuming its going to be apart of the CW Arrowverse which it most likely is, how can you introduce Nightwing without ever introducing Batman in any TV Show? Sure there were a couple of Easter Eggs here and there but no actual Batman. You can't have Nightwing without introducing Batman in the first place, due to Nightwings origin being tied with Batman.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all-father: I'm pretty sure it'll be in its own universe, they might cross over with the cw shows the same way Supergirl does with inter-dimensional travel

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@righteous300: Still, I'm not paying extra just for DC related content.

Shazam99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, a Titans series by Geoff Johns could be basically the greatest thing ever.

This seems like a great idea for DC, as long as they keep it cheap. DC content is just gonna keep rising, and they already have more DCTV shows than many channels have TV shows. Add in movies and animated stuff and that's a lot. It'd need to be significantly cheaper than something like Netflix or Hulu though.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Heatforce

Alright....so that means we can actually see R-rated violence on Titans!?

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will this come with all of the CW shows and past animated series and films? If so I'll be extremely tempted.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little weary about the chances of success of another streaming video service, especially a niche one like this. I'm looking forwards to YJ3 and I am a huge Nightwing fan, but I'll need to learn more about this service to get interested in possibly giving it a chance (they can't ask the same price as Netflix for it)

In any case, I always thought the CW style would actually work pretty well for Titans (young adult, not Teen) Sexy young pretty people in soap opera melodrama seems fitting (at least more than for Green Arrow and the Flash)

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they announce a Nightwing standalone film like 2 months ago? with the director of Lego Batman?

Now a TT Live Action TV Show? Assuming Nightwing is in the main line up which he probably he is, also assuming its going to be apart of the CW Arrowverse which it most likely is, how can you introduce Nightwing without ever introducing Batman in any TV Show? Sure there were a couple of Easter Eggs here and there but no actual Batman. You can't have Nightwing without introducing Batman in the first place, due to Nightwings origin being tied with Batman.

Well, Flash had a TV show and then they announced the movie Flash would be different. I guess DC has changed their tune about characters being on TV and movies.

You can do a Dick Grayson Nightwing series without showing Batman. You can show how his parents died and allude to him becoming Robin. We don't really need to see Dick's training or time as Robin in depth; he can just talk about it. They'll probably do the 'Dick and Bruce on bad terms' era, so Bruce doesn't need to show up in the series.

However, it isn't completely out of the range of possibility he may appear at some point, Superman did eventually show up on Supergirl after all.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't Teen Titans and Young Justice the same thing? If not very similar, with lots of character crossover?

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iara said:

Will this come with all of the CW shows and past animated series and films? If so I'll be extremely tempted.

It appears it'll have all the current DCTV shows (Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, IZombie, Preacher, Lucifer, Powerless, Gotham, Vixen/FreedomFighters/Constantine animated, and soon Krypton and Black Lightning) plus Young Justice S3 and the new live-action Teen Titans. It's also supposed to have past TV shows like all the DCAU stuff, the animated movies, Smallville, Birds of Prey, Constantine, Human Target, etc, etc.

I think the movies are unconfirmed, but I'd be really suprised if it didn't also have all the past DC movies. They'd even have the power to bring DCEU movies to the streaming site before they're out on Itunes if they wanted to.

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: If they make it a little cheaper than Netflix then this sounds completely worth it to me. They've just got to keep creating new stuff once YJ and Titans finish their first season but hopefully this will help fund even more content.