Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll DC or Marvel (51 votes)

DC Comics 49%
Marvel Comics 51%

What would you choose to Keep?

You have to wipe all memory of DC or Marvel, which memory do you keep?

How would your life change?

• 
TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been done already, many times I believe.

And Marvel. I watched Reeves Superman when I was little but I wouldn't really be that much of a comic geek today if it wasnt for the MCU and Marvel comics.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have favorite characters in each, but I prefer Marvel overall.

RemyBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel but I wouldn't say anything would really change if I gave up DC. I just always focused on Marvel more because I could connect with their characters better than DC characters.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22:

Thanks! I think this is topic that can be continually updated being that we mature.

Also, as more DC and Marvel entertainment is released we might change our thoughts.

And it's an opportunity for people to give their reasonings if they didn't have time before.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Neither

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Appreciate it. Is it because you wish you didn't have nostalgia after the current stuff as been so bad?

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How come?

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remyboy said:

Marvel but I wouldn't say anything would really change if I gave up DC. I just always focused on Marvel more because I could connect with their characters better than DC characters.

Thanks! Which Marvel characters put them give them the edge for you?

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin said:

How come?

I think Marvel has given more attention to characterization of its characters overall. If you read any old DC comic, you can pretty much interchange the part of the superhero with any other superhero. You couldn't do that with Spider-Man, Hulk, or even Ant-Man. Each was very distinct in their personality traits and flaws.

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC if only because I grew up with it and only learned about Marvel thru the MCU

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By dernman
@infinitehope said:

@dernman: Appreciate it. Is it because you wish you didn't have nostalgia after the current stuff as been so bad?

Yes and no. The current stuff is so bad it's poisoned the universes so bad I'm not sure it can be fixed but I've never been a one or the other guy. I used to liked them both.

RemyBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinitehope: A short list would be Spiderman, cause he's always tryna balance his life around. Wiccan cause he was the gay kid at school who got bullied. And Gambit which is a weird one but it's because he was sort of feared for his eyes and other kids used to make fun of my eyes cause they were grey.

I would also just like to note that I shamefully forgot about Vertigo. I would still choose Marvel, however, Sandman and Hellblazer are some of my most favorite series that brought me a lot of inspiration for my art. Forgetting them would be painful.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel. Only because I still have hope for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Comics Wise I am about Even on Both.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m a big Bat-fan, but Spidey’s always been a favorite too. I like the MCU but I don’t really feel like I’m informed enough on the actual Marvel comics to favor it over DC. But at the same time I’ve only really read Batman for the most part. I feel like I’m trapped in a weird semi-limbo between casual and fan.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Spider-Man is my all-time favourite character, Marvel. I'd still be devastated to lose all my memories of reading DC (not really if my memory gets wiped but you get the expression).

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC. I do like Marvel a lot though.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Characters like Batman and Superman are more interesting to me so yeah dc.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: Thanks. I was curious with Nightwing being your avatar if you'd be willing to sacrifice it for Marvel but apparently so!

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC if only because I grew up with it and only learned about Marvel thru the MCU

Nice. Thanks!

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remyboy: It's supposed to be tough so I appreciate you making the decision!

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By infinitehope
infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Spider-Man is my all-time favourite character, Marvel. I'd still be devastated to lose all my memories of reading DC (not really if my memory gets wiped but you get the expression).

I was wondering which direction you'd go since Spider-man was so meaningful for you.

And thanks getting what I meant.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By infinitehope
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinitehope: Hmm, if Spider-Man hadn't been my favourite then Wally West would be. I find him easy to relate to too, not nearly as relatable as Peter Parker though.

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to choose. I overall like more Marvel characters, but the one character I actually like on DC is probably my favorite of both. That being Red Hood. I honestly can't choose, but since DC barley even knows Jason exists, I'll go Marvel.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. What makes them more interesting? The metaphorical appeal?

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dmnb2wavy
@infinitehope said:
@dmnb2wavy said:

Nice. What makes them more interesting? The metaphorical appeal?

Yes.

The idea of a god living among men is what sparked my fascination with Superman and his mythos of villains like lex who counter balances it out with a equally interesting ideology that gods like Superman hold humanity back. It truly brings a deeper question on if humanity as a whole would truly benefit from such a being actually existing.

same with Batman and his villains as well.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel by far

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cattlebattle

I was always a big X-Men fan, so, I have to pick Marvel. Though, I do think outside of that franchise Marvel is pretty meh overall, so much so that many people make convincing arguments the X-men could just inhabit their own continuity without the rest of the Marvel U.

DC does have better superheroes. Definitely better villains. I also have always enjoyed how there is actual progression with characters in their universe, for example, Wally West starts out as a dorky sidekick and eventually grows up to become the Flash...and a favored,recognized, permanent Flash as well, not just some gimmicky mantle passing that only lasts couple of years. You could make similar arguments for characters like Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, Jason Todd and also acknowledge many modern JSA members are children of the original JSA.

It feels like time passes in DC where in Marvel Franklin Richards was 10 years old for 40 years.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was always a big X-Men fan, so, I have to pick Marvel. Though, I do think outside of that franchise Marvel is pretty meh overall, so much so that many people make convincing arguments the X-men could just inhabit their own continuity without the rest of the Marvel U.

I don't know those people's specific arguments, but I agree. X-Men doesn't need the rest of the universe, and they'd be better off from a storytelling perspective in my opinion.

Thanks for your post!

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Marvel easily

MrLibido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mahvel

JComics2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JComics2000

MARVEL

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

I don't know those people's specific arguments, but I agree. X-Men doesn't need the rest of the universe, and they'd be better off from a storytelling perspective in my opinion.

Don't agree. Not that there is a ton of them or anything but there are some connections the X-Men have to characters in the Marvel Universe that are interesting or important. Also, there are some good stories that feature the X-men and Avengers characters crossing over.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably MARVEL, but it’s close. Without even realizing it I always knew about DC because of Superman and Batman, but Spider-Man and XMEN were amongst my very first comics I got, while Batman89 was my first cbm I ever

saw at the movies. Once Jim Lees/Chris Claremont’s XMEN came out along with Todd McFarlanes Spider-Man, and then the XMEN and Batman Animated series I was hooked. As a kid it was more MARVEL, but as I got/get older it’s more DC it feels like.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117: Thanks!

I think the tight Marvel continuity was appealing when younger, but, regardless of recent creative directions, it's difficult to keep up with everything, so the more self-contained DC stories is appealing with age.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has been DC for a long time but marvel is catching up lately because I’ve been getting into x men and Spider-Man

CJ_the_DJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC easily.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SuperDarth

Depends.

Comics? DC

Movies? Marvel

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Like Secret Wars?

I was thinking more X-Men vs Avengers (1989) New Mutants #40, Kulan Gath story arc, Bloodties.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has been DC for a long time but marvel is catching up lately because I’ve been getting into x men and Spider-Man

Thanks for your thoughts.

I was so happy to see you stop by seeing your posts over the years, but was waiting for the notifications to work.

I read Spider-man and X-Men from the beginning so there's a sorta emotional attachment to them but being that I don't like the direction of continuity, DC is nice to have great standalone stories.

However, being that a lot of the fan favorite stories aren't the original, it kinda feels like I'm reading a fake version of the characters.

Why are your thoughts on your fandom for DC? And now Marvel?

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CJ_the_DJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CJ_the_DJ

@infinitehope said:

@cj_the_dj said:

DC easily.

Why? I'm torn.

I've just never had the same investment in it. Since I was a kid the superheroes I've explored the most are Batman and The Flash - by contrast, I've just never had a character from Marvel that stuck like that. There isn't anything on par with Bruce's vast mythos and innumerable fascinating characters - I've played the Arkham games and watched BTAS too many times to count - and Barry and Wally's likeability in the Marvel content I've consumed (mostly the MCU and cartoons with a few comics here and there). Plus, recently, to further the disparity, I've become very partial to Superman: I used to think he was boring, but now I love him as a depiction of absolute optimism and hope.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC easy for me. I prefer the grimmer, darker stuff and for me DC offers that over Marvel personally.