Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

I've always said that even a modern day take on Greg as the Vigilante would be an excellent idea. We've got movies like Mad Max which are Westerns that just happen to be set at the end of the world in Australia yet? Beat for beat match a Spaghetti Western to a T in basically ALL of them plot and tone wise. No Country for Old Men? Considered a Western as well.

Or the TV show Justified. It's set in the present day, and main character will never be seen without his cowboy hat. The show features many quick-draw gunfights. However, it also draws attention to how weird this trope can look to bystanders, with its protagonist being given endless amounts of crap both for his hat and for his general "cowboy sheriff" mentality that REALLY clashes with modern law enforcement... Yet proves so effective he's not fired because of it.

Or heck, The Walking Dead series in general is basically a modern western set in the backdrop of a zombie apocalypse. Settlers moving from one dangerous place to another trying to find a place to settle down and not just survive but thrive.... That's a Western. Or the other AMC big seller, Breaking Bad. Set in New Mexico, is a story of power and corruption featuring gunfights, stalemates, showdowns, deserts, Indian reservations, and even a train robbery. The criminals in the show are essentially Western outlaws who use modern technology and make money through the modern-day drug trade.

Really if you look at it like this Westerns as a genre never went away, they just adapted to meet a broader viewership but? They're still around.

And the point I'm trying to make? There should be NO QUESTION that Greg Saunders as the Vigilante can be done in a modern setting with the same cowboy theme to him. Give him a comic series! Hell give him a show! I'd watch it!!

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, where are The Seven Soilders of Victory now?

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: Wasn't GA in Seven Soilders of Victory?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Kidd
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hell give him a show! I'd watch it!!

There are too many characters that would need a serie before him.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@smart_dork_dude: Never ever had much love for westerns to be truthful but there are a few good ones and I always liked Vigilante for what i've seen of him in the old Justice League cartoon and would like to see more of him.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

It would be cool if they brought him back.