DC Nation and Cartoon Network rant

ele3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 2

Edited By ele3000

Here’s the scoop, Cartoon Network has decided to pull DC Nation off of its schedule this morning and every DC Nation fan wants to see what has happened to Hal Jordan and who this Partner from Young Justice is. It disappoints and upsets me, the creators of our favorite shows and the rest of the DC Nation fans off. Wanna know why, read on and find out. You see, almost a decade ago, I was introduced to a show called Teen Titans and it grabbed my attention for these types of programs, not to mention Justice League. As the years passed, I began to watch other offerings like The Batman, Legion of SuperHeroes, Batman the Brave and the Bold among others. But there’s 2 shows that have stood out to me and those are Young Justice and Green Lantern the Animated Series. Now don’t get me wrong I still enjoyed the classic DCAU shows but as far as for Young Justice is concerned, it has dynamic storytelling which includes, action, drama, betrayals, romance, and a little sense of humor which is quite common for modern comic book stories as well. Likewise to Green Lantern, A HUGE fan of the show because it has plenty of easter eggs that the Fanterns (I think I heard that from somewhere) really like and not to mention the first CGI DC animated program. Lets not forget about the shorts. I really love these short adventures that have the Super Best Friends taking on bad guys in a hilarious fashion and not to mention the New Teen Titans shorts that are really funny and if it wasn’t for the shorts, there wouldn’t be a new Teen Titans GO! tv series coming out next year and if it wasn’t for your DC Comic fans none of this wouldn’t have been possible in the first place. The point I’m trying to make is that for the past 20+ years, we have been loyal viewers to your programs and what you offered us and heck, we don’t have a problem celebrating your 20 years on the air. As we turn on the televisions or computers or tie in comics for that matter, we will continue to enjoy every moment of it throughout our lifetimes.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

To be honest, I don't mind. I love the Classic Cartoon Network shows. Reminds me of the good ol' days.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Yeah, I was pretty upset, I mean I'm all for celebrating their anniversary...but did they really have to do it during the time when new YJ and GL was coming on?? why couldn't they wait like an hour?? and if, IF they showed a classic show in their place, like Dexter or Johnny Bravo, then /maybe/ I would be okay with it, but no, we get some stupid How to train your Dragon show?? come on CN...come on.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar

@ele3000: Every time you post without formatting your paragraphs CN extends the hiatus by another week.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MAZAHS117

I was upset at first, but it'll be back next week.......I hope

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PassionFlower

@SHAZAM117 said:

I was upset at first, but it'll be back next week.......I hope

Apparently (so says CN twitter) not coming back til January. I am not pleased.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CrimsonCake

I'm not sure if the pulled it because of their 20th anniversary. I think there just trying to delay the episodes as much as possible to make it seem like the season lasted longer (Just my guess).

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Twentyfive

@TheCrowbar said:

@ele3000: Every time you post without formatting your paragraphs CN extends the hiatus by another week.

Lol. I love it when people say stuff like that. Like "every time you whine about the Patriots losing the superbowl, a kitten dies of cancer." Which happens almost every time I talk to my best sports-oriented friend.

Anyway, I'm going to wait until next week and see what happens. If I don't see GLTAS by the strike of ten on my tele on Saturday morning, I will not be a happy number. Not at all. DC is really boosting CN viewership, and hero shows are among the only things I watch on TV an more. I better see it next week.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Twentyfive: It's already been announced they won't be back to January.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Twentyfive

@TheCrowbar: That is not good. I was patiently waiting for Static, Black Beetle and Keith Davi-...I mean Despero, but now my hopes have been dashed by a company who just can't see the numbers (I'm sure DC Nation brings in some much needed viewership numbers).

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Twentyfive: maybe the numbers weren't very good? It's the only thing I can think of.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrShway88

This might help

https://www.facebook.com/pages/End-the-DC-Nation-Hiatus/397078163699366

It a facebook petition to end the hiatus

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Young Justice isn't back by next week I will not be happy, and niether will CN if I have to drive to their headquaters in Atlanta.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

From what I know its just put on hiatus until January.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#14  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I miss the old school Cartton netwrok and nickelodeon. I miss a lot of good shows.