DC Hercules(or Herakles) respect thread!

• 56 results
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

So folks, yes another DC Olympian respect thread!

So here is DC Hercules to showcase, without delay, let us see what the ancient hero has shown!

==========

No Caption Provided

Pre-52 Hercules

Here Hercules holds up the entirety of Paradise Island, doing this for thousands of years by himself.

Here Hercules(under the guise as Champion) assists Wonder Woman in fighting Doomsday(a clone), showing some great durability and strength.

Here Hercules has been fighting Gog(though off panel) who as I understand it, is a powerful foe(abit someone could correct me on that), where Hercules then takes a full blast attack sending him through a wall and crashing into a car, with just a burn on his chest. (Abit his armor more than likely did lesson the damage) However even still, Herc had been fighting against Gog for some time, so it shows something for Herc in relation to his skill.

Here Hercules overpowers The Olympiam who himself has shown great strength. He was able to smack Hercules around, he has all the powers of the Agronauts including Hercules.

Here Hercules takes down both Giganta and Cheetah using his strength.

New 52 Hercules

So here is N52's Herc appearance, fighting against Aquaman, showing some rather impressive strength and durability against him. Abit it seems that this Herc isn't a ****bag like his Pre-52 self, as he went to Atlantis to help the king driving back an entire horde of creatures and being locked away in what is Hell for the Atlanteans.

Of course it seems that this woman(dunno if she has a name) brainwashed Hercules into some kind of monster so....perhaps he isn't acting as he would normally...we shall see if/when he appears again, it looks like he might appear again considering Aquaman sent him to the Laybrinth and spoke of helping him later so we shall see.

At any rate, a good fight for Hercules showing some rather impressive strength and durability, considering N52 Aquaman has shown to be pretty awesome in terms of fighting.

(Thanks goes to the N52 Aquaman respect thread for posting those scans, so I could post em here for Herc)

Hercules Unbound(Pre-52)

1st two scans show him fighting some sea creatures, that were guarding where Hercules was once chained.

Next 2 scans show him taking on a group of enemies, lifting a car with ease before smashing it down upon the group.

1st scan Herc destroys a torpedo

2nd scan Herc pulls a boat through the water

Next 4 scans show him fighting against the Hounds of Hell, overpowering them and crushing one by ripping out part of the ground and throwing the piece.

1st two scans show Herc stopping a huge tidal wave, by hurling a piece of a lampost to make a trench for the water to flow into, saving a museum.

3rd scan is him ripping a large chuck of ground out and tossing it on a group.

4-5th scans show metal just breaking on his body.

6th scan shows him punching through a force field.

First 2 scans are him just manhandling some monsters.

3rd scan is him pushing an ENTIRE mountain to destroy some tanks that were on the other side.

4th scan is him creating an earthquake to knock some horse riders down.

5-6th scans show him being jumped on by a horde of android woman which he easily overpowers.

Here in these scans, Hercules lifts Big Ben and tosses it.

So here, Hercules fights against Lord Cerberus a man who serves the war god Ares. He shows immense strength, being able to create earthquakes with his blows(among other things not seen, being greater than Samson as the 2nd scan says) and is able to fight Herc pretty well up until the fight ends, where he is buried beneath hundreds of tons of rubble.

1st scan shows Herc throwing a piece of metal, to destroy 4 nuclear missiles.

2nd scan shows Herc throwing rocks so fast that he destroys 3 planes and damages a 4th.

Despite having been drugged, Herc regains his strength, breaking out of chains and collapsing an entire tower.

First 2 scans show him avoiding attacks by Casper and then knocking him out with a precise rock throw to the head.

Next 3 scans show him fighting the Titan Oceanus(who he had fought with before) who is immune to Hercules' strength, so he then uses artificial lighting and sends the Titan back from where it came.

Here Herc fights Ares, he also tanks a tank cannon shot near the end, suffering no damage.

Herc fights against a couple of Atomic Knights(does anyone remember these guys?) and survives a shot from an Atom pistol.

Here Herc fights against the Atomic Knight Brydon, who has the power to absorb molecules from a fragment of a piece of the world's largest lake that was transformed into a brick. He then goes after a much bigger piece, where Hercules grabs the full brick which weighs MILLIONS of gallons of water, shoving it into Brydon's face and it exploding, completely destroying the armor yet Hercules appears fine.

1st scan, Hercules with his immense strength created a new type of metal which then the Atomic Knights forged him a set of indestructible armor.

Next 2 scans show him fighting a demon, immune to its fire while the Atomic Knights armor starts to melt, he then creates a dust storm using boulders to defeat the beast.

First 2 scans having Herc saving 2 Atomic Knights while flying in a plane.

Next 3 scans show him falling from said plane, surviving the drop and then taking down the plane with perfect time using a boulder to cause a wave of water to crash on it.

Here Herc has a little fight with the Anti-God Ares, showing great strength and nice reflexes, he gets caught in a landslide but appears later unharmed.

So being summoned to Mount Olympus by Zeus, a massive fight ensues between Zeus, Hera, Ares, Athena and Hermes fighting against their Anti selves, the Anti-Gods who have formed into a single eternal being. Hercules figures out a way to end the fighting, by threatening(and doing) to bring down Mount Olympus. The Gods and Anti Gods try working together to stop him, but are unable to, due to him forming an impenetrable shield, the Anti Gods are then absorbed back into the Olympians, saving them all.

======

Well there ya have it folks! Some stuff for DC Hercules! So enjoy!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, thoughts? Comments?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job, I didn't know he fought Doomsday lol.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: A clone, but yeah...seemed to have similar powers and was also giving WW a good thrashing.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolfrazer

@powerherc: Yep, yep! Only thing I really wish, is to have some of his scans from his old solo series. But I can't find any at all save for like 1 or 2 pieces lol.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@wolfrazer: Yeah, scans of that old series are rare.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump folks! I added in N52 Herc's fight against N52 Aquaman, so have a look! He shows some rather great strength and durability here.

Also he is a MOUNTAIN of a man! I mean JEEZ, look at him! Of course...he is Hercules!

@powerherc

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Hercules should always be depicted as an extremely large, powerfully built man but I think DC's New 52 version is to big, to much of a brute, to Hulk-like. I also don't think Aquaman should've been able to defeat him - even underwater and with help.

Good scans, though. Glad to see them.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: Well he was kinda brainwashed, so he probably wasn't fighting as he normally would. I mean as it says before, he drove back an entire horde of different creatures by himself. Plus the fact that Aquaman had to get into the water and also get help, shows that even brainwashed it seems Herc was too much for him without those factors being involved.

Plus the whole "Hero has to win shtick" thing. :P But perhaps we shall see Hercules again and in that time, hopefully as a more normal being who isn't brainwashed.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Yeah, I get all that. You are right. I just don't like seeing Hercules, one of the the strongest, mightiest characters ever, used as a jobber to show how strong Aquaman is. I, too, look forward to seeing a non-brainwashed Hercules in the future.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer

@powerherc: Well hopefully he won't job too much this time around when he comes up again...unlike Pre-52 where he was just a punching bag for the most part. <<...Though at least he did care about his sister(Cassie) then, that's a plus.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Agree. I did enjoy seeing Hercles interact with Cassie, though I didn't always like the artwork.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: Just hope that he shaves and gets better clothing, when he appears again lol. XD

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

sigh.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolfrazer
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never mind, nice thread.

Btw, Hercules was trapped in that prison for thousands of years. It wouldn't have looked realistic if he came out shining and in all his glory.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolfrazer

@fallschirmjager: Of course he wouldn't, just saying next time though...when he comes back he cleans up.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it likely won't be until after Diana and Arthur save him/ if they save him in the annual issue.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: Just hope that he shaves and gets better clothing, when he appears again lol. XD

I agree, though I do hope he doesn't shave his beard completely off.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wolfrazer

@bigcimmerian: @powerherc: @fallschirmjager: Bump guys! I was able to finally read the entire Hercules Unbound series(it was amazing!) and make scans, showing his impressive prowess in fighting and many feats!

Enjoy folks to those that view!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping shamelessly, to get more views as I know MANY people have never seen or read the Unbound series! Now you folks can't say that DC Herc doesn't have feats!

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job on the thread. It's great to see you giving attention and appreciation to the greek gods.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolfrazer

@zhurong: Yeah, they are terribly underrated and underused imo and thanks!

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: No problem. Did you read War of the Gods? One of the best books.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolfrazer

@zhurong: Have not no, I've looked into it though, looks awesome.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome job. You have done a great service to DC Hercules!

Thanks for the effort.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: No problem and yes, he finally has a great respect thread with plenty of feats to look through! No longer shall he be stated as having no feats!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: No problem and yes, he finally has a great respect thread with plenty of feats to look through! No longer shall he be stated as having no feats!

Now DC has to remember how well they presented their Hercules back in the '70s and stop using him as a protagonist/heel. Hercules is a hero, not a jobber to be used to make WW and Superman look good and certainly not a villain.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: Quite, they do and he was most def portrayed quite well in the Unbound series, it was great!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@wolfrazer: Nice work! This was pretty much all completely new to me, but it looks great.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By dernman

@wolfrazer said:

@powerherc: Quite, they do and he was most def portrayed quite well in the Unbound series, it was great!

I didn't like how they showed him in new 52 Aquaman. I didn't like the look and his portrayal felt like so much wasted potential.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Thanks!

@dernman: Eh it was his 1st appearance in the N52 and he was brainwashed, hopefully his other appearances will be better.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Check-out Wonder Girl's mini-series. There are a lot of Herc feats there especially against Supergirl.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandwonder: Hmm? He fought SG? Interesting...also whatcha think of the thread? Good?

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SodamYat

awesome work

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Thanks, now DC Herc has the feats!

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GrandWonder

@wolfrazer: Great work.

The Supergirl scene shows how strong he is.

There's also him bloodying Supes nose w an elbow to the face.

Also, he killed Charon with a punch that looks more like an energy blast

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't this the same dude that enslaved and rape all the Amazons, which led to the creation of Themyscira?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandwonder: Interesting, I had also remembered that Superman scan, just forgot to put it in.

Never seen the Charon one though.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Wolfrazer
Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool stuff! Thanks!

Why was DC Herc's wiki page taken down here on the Vine?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: Thanks and because....well heck if I know, all the DC Olympian pages seem to have merged into the Public domain ones, yet Marvel still has their own.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: Yeah....but now people can't say DC Herc don't got any feats!

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy: yes, the hercules of myth was an incredibly ruthless man. George perez focused on this in the shocking wonder woman #1.