dc doomsday clock spoilers

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OtaconMGS

i haven't had a chance to read doomsday clock yet because i can by every issue that comes out anyway i have questions like have the justice league battled dr manhattan, is dr manhattan really the reason behind the new 52 and if so what did he do to change things and why ?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes (at least as of now he’s solo’y responsible). To simplify it, he altered time so the JSA was never formed

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: IIRC he made it so Alan Scott dies and never became the first Green Lantern, and the Justice Society of America never forms

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Tbh, the book has been stalled so many times that even if it was Doctor Manhattan it won't fix any of the continuity. Snyder's telling a different origin story in Justice League, Bendis pretty much retconned any connection Mr Oz has to Manhattan and Flashpoint Batman survived "the Button" because...reasons. They stopped mentioning Tim Drake and Mr Myx's abduction years ago. I'm pretty sure each of the top name writers at DC are doing whatever they want no matter how many times they contradict each other until their books stop selling and DC has to pull out another crisis.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

Tbh, the book has been stalled so many times that even if it was Doctor Manhattan it won't fix any of the continuity. Snyder's telling a different origin story in Justice League, Bendis pretty much retconned any connection Mr Oz has to Manhattan and Flashpoint Batman survived "the Button" because...reasons. They stopped mentioning Tim Drake and Mr Myx's abduction years ago. I'm pretty sure each of the top name writers at DC are doing whatever they want no matter how many times they contradict each other until their books stop selling and DC has to pull out another crisis.

According to Johns (I believe) Doomsday Clock is suppose to happen one year in the future of current DC events. I’m not sure how exactly they’re going to pull something out of their a$$ to tie all this together...it better be good tho

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117: Yeah, but he said that 19 months ago. Doomsday Clock began in 2017 even if it's a year ahead it was never meant to extend past Heroes In Crisis.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@mazahs117: Yeah, but he said that 19 months ago. Doomsday Clock began in 2017 even if it's a year ahead it was never meant to extend past Heroes In Crisis.

No dispute there. The delays have been brutal and are holding up a lot of things in DCU, including one of my personal most anticipated books The Three Jokers. I haven’t read any of Heroes in Crisis, but if what I’ve heard about is true, it’s story serves as a small precursor to what eventually goes down in Doomsday Clock. But I could be misinformed on that account

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AbstractRaze

The Doomsday Clock is going nuts right now, I have not only read the last 2 issues, but I have read 'DC's Year of the Villain' and as said before, alone Post-Flashpoint/New-52 Superman Power-Ranking is booming to extraordinary levels... it's even matching post-crisis Superman at this rate.

The same goes for Dr.Manhattan, their rankings are booming like there is no tomorrow, Dr.Manhattan pulled insane feats and he even saw in the future that Superman was going to one-shot him/kill him, I don't know if it's going to be Superman Prime One Million, but it's dubious, because the Superman on his vision seemed very normal to me.

PS:

I have read 'DC's Year of the Villain' too, Superman pulled speeds out of physics and beyond those barely blasting the earth into pieces if not aiming well, this was the case when he KO'ed the World Forger, who's the Anti-Monitor's brother.

DC New-52 is going nuts, the rankings are booming like craaazyy.

Loading Video...

I'm sorry if I went offtopic, but I'm just hyped.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze: I don't really pay attention to power scaling. It's pretty much a waste of time considering how often writers change the character's limits to tell their story. Don't get me wrong, when Catwoman one shots the flash it kills my suspension of disbelief, but by and large it doesn't really matter with upper echelon characters, especially semi-omniscent ones like Manhattan.

@mazahs117: I forgot Three Jokers was a book! That's how long it's been.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AbstractRaze

@dngn4774 said:

@abstractraze: I don't really pay attention to power scaling. It's pretty much a waste of time considering how often writers change the character's limits to tell their story. Don't get me wrong, when Catwoman one shots the flash it kills my suspension of disbelief, but by and large it doesn't really matter with upper echelon characters, especially semi-omniscent ones like Manhattan.

Nonsense, that's a made-up mediocre and conceited excuse in order to make a battle discussion dubious, it's true that it's sometimes complicated to scale, because writers change many things, but as long we're talking about characters in different series written by the same writer, then you can scale, furthermore, as long it's within the same verse, you can perfectly use the peak of power for the following character you're supporting as long it's not officially announced that they are depowered in some specific aspect, you don't have to necessary scale, you have the option but it's not obligatory.

PS:

Another thing, as long the changes are not greatly different, you can still scale between different writers and alterations are not really that common, it's a rarity, so you can't introduce everything in the same bag and mentally blocking yourself with nonsensical frustration because of some faint inconsistency, is very sad or? but I can understand your feelings, it's expressed through the Sharingan in your avatar, you're still in that hole, but you still read comics, possibly because you like the stories, even though the Shonen satisfy you better when it comes to power scaling, because your mental block does not happen there, in my case, I tried to find the way and I did it and I think I was successful.

I consider myself, as a person with a great adaptation for certain things, I can feel the power scaling in comics and Shonen at the same degree.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze: Scale all you want. I just mean when a writer inevitably changes said imagined limit, it shouldn't end your enjoyment for the story.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seems interesting. Gonna try reading it after I catch up with Justice League.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AbstractRaze

@dngn4774 said:

@abstractraze: Scale all you want. I just mean when a writer inevitably changes said imagined limit, it shouldn't end your enjoyment for the story.

As I said before I understand the auto-block in your mind when it comes to some inconsistencies between different writers, but power scaling in comics is a bit more tricky and it requires shuffle experience, you can't put everything in the same bag, because of mere oddities.

PS:

There a lot of ways, I'm myself not that really proficient in comparison to other Marvel and DC comics experts, those people are capable to determine the standardization of power for certain characters, as an example, if most DC writers stablishes Superman's power on almost the same level while the minority deviates from that standard, the minority is automatically discarded as something not that reliable, even though they mostly deviate on some tiny details while keeping the consistency when it comes to strength or speed as long we're talking about the New 52 'only' or Post-Crisis 'only', but those experts are on a greater level of knowledge, that people are capable to pull out the standardizations in just seconds.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: Basically because Alan Scott is one of the founding members of the JSA the team never forms, robbing the DC Universe of moral foundation (i.e. the golden age heroes), thus making it a dark more cynnical reality that reminds Manhattan of his home universe. He makes other changes to the timeline, like changing the time superman's ship reaches earth and even changing the deaths of the Kent family to birth the New 52 superman. He's altering the DC universe in countless ways in multiple scenarios to understand why this world thrives and his didn't. Unfortunately he also knows, sooner or later all paths lead to one ending: Warning Major Spoilers- In the last portion of his omnipresence, he comes into contact with Superman and everything goes black. This means either he and superman end the metaverse, or Superman ends him.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers