DC Comics/Marvel Comics: Who is the DC and Marvel equivalent of Goku?

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gokluma

I'm just curious who is the Goku aka a very cheerful hero who battles against many though foes and likes to fight & befriended with many former enemies in the world of dc or marvel universe?

Someone can train in many arts of martial arts,have a variety of powers/attacks/transformations,obsessed with eating food or anything for a Saiyan type of mind and anything did by a light-hearted hero who seems bit airheaded compared to his/her friends..

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comics and DB... inb4 lock.

Before anyone brings Superman, I want to say that there are many version of Superman that will stomp Goku and many that will get stomped by Goku.

Ot: Similar to Goku in powers and attitude? I dunno.

RogueDeWolff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Superman

/thread

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gokluma

@b_r023: Well i meant someone similar to Goku, in terms of personality and abilities not a vs debate

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightray?

I think Mary Jane Watson is his Marvel counterpart.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokluma: Dunno. I don't think there is anyone similar to Goku both in powers and attitude.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128: That's make sense and I'm curious what does Mary Jane Watson does like Goku did in dragon ball.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By dshipp17

Well, from Marvel, the character that comes the closest in mind would probably be Colossus, at least as depicted in the X-Men TAS of the 1990s.

In DC there really isn't one but (but I wont disagree with anyone), in most ways, I'd say Flash.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Fist always reminded me of Goku. A weaker version tho.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By infantfinite128

@gokluma: I think it's how she seemed like such an air head who would go with the flow, but as the story went on she'd show her feelings. She seemed really light-hearted, but she wasn't really attached to anyone.

I think her behavior was related to her background with her family where she built her light-hearted persona to deal with grief, and since she was on the go so much, she didn't have much time for introspection since she was always busy working and partying. I think it's similar to how Goku dealt with Gohan's death and just went along with things living to survive and focusing on his training.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
deactivated-5ae6527167c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think anyone, he's incredibly unique and wouldn't mind seeing a crossover of him Thor and Clark

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By infantfinite128
Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocker_kanzuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for the necro but I want to give my point of view. I always see Goku as Japan's counterpart to Superman in terms of DC Comics, but for Marvel that one is very confusing since Superman is also copied by various Marvel heroes like Gladiator, Sentry and some others that I am not familiar with, but if it will be Marvel, I think Sentry will be my preferred choice. I can't think Thor will be Goku's counterpart in Marvel, since Thor is more mystical/divine/magical/cosmic power in nature, that thing belongs to Saint Seiya or Sailor Moon, because aside from the theme of the Anime/Manga it also had a common approach of using divine weapons and artifacts (e.g. Mjolnir, Runes, Silver Crystals and the Various Seiya Clothes).