• 63 results
vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

“I’ve been planning METAL for as long as I’ve been writing Batman, but I want METAL to be built upon the stories happening now in Rebirth. Most of all we want to create new material that feels really modern and different. And above all, it’s going to be fun. Even with terror and nightmares, it won’t be grim. DARK NIGHTS: METAL will be celebratory, huge and crazy.” — SCOTT SNYDER

“I’m looking forward to rock’n and roll’n together again. Fans have been loud and clear; they want more from us. We’re primed and ready to blow it up.” — GREG CAPULLO

The superstar BATMAN team of writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo reunite for a massive, universe-spanning event!

DARK DAYS: THE FORGE and THE CASTING hinted at dark corners of reality that have never been seen till now! Now, as DARK NIGHTS: METAL begins, the Dark Multiverse is revealed in all its devastating danger—and the threats it contains are coming for the DC Universe! DARK NIGHTS: METAL is a DC event unlike any other—one that will push Batman, Superman and heroes of the Justice League beyond their limits to take on threats unlike any our world has ever seen! It will take the combined might of the World’s Greatest Heroes as you’ve never seen them before to face what’s coming their way!

Since Metal will be in our local comic book shops this week. I made a discussion thread where we can talk everything about DC Comics summer event this 2017.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By vinomonster
No Caption Provided

Looks like this Event will use Vertigo Characters as well.

Spoiler about the last page of Metal No.1^

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Awh the books that allows dc to get out of the rebirth pricing model.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DeathandGrim

If this comic is super Batman wank I'm gonna punch someone

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for this. Hopefully we will get the JSA book after this event.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Well Scott Snyder is the writer sooo...

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

hope its good.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far so good interested is peaked :)

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeathandGrim

@lvenger said:
@DeathandGrim2 said:

Well Scott Snyder is the writer sooo...

I guess tomorrow I'm running up on a random like

No Caption Provided

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vinomonster
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psyched for tomorrow's issue. Capullo art alone is worth the price of admission, even if $4.99 is a little much for a single issue.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By righteous300

Avoid comic book twitter, cause people are spoiling pages like crazy. Had something spoiled for me that I would have rather seen on my own ?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vinomonster

The issue is packed with goods. I'm now waiting for the second issue. I really enjoyed the setup that Snyder wrote in here. The second issue might suprise us more.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lvenger

Although I'm not the biggest fan of Snyder, I have to admit I enjoyed this first issue. Though the thing about Snyder is he can start off stories well but has real troubles ending them appropriately.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DeathandGrim

Great issue. VERY A little Batman centric but still a fun story

And this is the second time Great Evil Beast has been teased ugh that's so mean.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

And this is the second time Great Evil Beast has been teased ugh that's so mean.

Its Barbatos though I dont think Snyder really understood FC. Barbatos is Batman himself, the evil creature is Darkseid's Hyperadapter mistaken as Barbatos by Dr Hurt.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

SNyder needs to get past his whole mech thing. I like his Batman run but I hate his version of Batman personality wise and how he feeds into the Wejun CHew.

Bruce better not have a god buster by the end of this arc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting read...

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathandGrim2 said:

Its Barbatos though I dont think Snyder really understood FC. Barbatos is Batman himself, the evil creature is Darkseid's Hyperadapter mistaken as Barbatos by Dr Hurt.

Interesting. I should read FC. I mistook it for GEB when they keep using those specific words to describe it

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Tornado went ham

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@DeathandGrim2 said:

It might be that Barbatos actually exists in a form similar to one seen by Hurt in the Dark Multiverse.

chechenwolf876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Knights Metal actually proves DC is out of ideas. Alan Moore most be really laughing at Dc's cash grab.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By dernman

DC needs to stop with centering the universe on Batman and stop forcing him out of his wheelhouse.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@dernman said:

DC needs to stop with centering the universe on Batman and stop forcing him out of his wheelhouse.

Wheelhouse yes, but the Watchmen stuff seems to be focusing on Superman. So you win some you lose some.... in my case, I lose only when it comes to this.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dernman said:

Wheelhouse yes, but the Watchmen stuff seems to be focusing on Superman. So you win some you lose some.... in my case, I lose only when it comes to this.

Eh i dunno you can say there is some focus with Batman when it comes to Watchmen with that whole joker and smiley face things. Still I guess with how far DC has sunk into the Batman rabbit hole that is something.

Truth be told as much as I love that they're focusing something on Superman I'm not sure either character has something that has an automatic connection to that story. Not sure who would be a better character but maybe those characters the Watchmen are inspired from.....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I'm sure the story is going to be fine, while the ending will be anti-climatic (the Snyder way), but the premise is kinda what irritates me:

• First of all, it's unoriginal, because it is Snyder ripping off an Morrison idea... as in a greater being using an unwitting Batman to unleash hell on earth. Only instead of Darkseid its now (likely) the Empty Hand from Multiversity.
  • Secondly, it made a sort of twisted sense back in Final Crisis because Darkseid had time to get a good look at Bruce. Right now it just looks like Batman has been 'randomly' selected to be the harbinger of doom.
  • Lastly... I am not a fan of the idea of everything being connected somehow, it just waters down the diversity and input of others if you can just get up and say everything came from the same place.
  • And ofc: the bat-wankery, I fear we have seen nothing yet as this event is shaping up to prove Batman is the driving force in the Multiverse.

Dark Knights Metal actually proves DC is out of ideas. Alan Moore most be really laughing at Dc's cash grab.

Being a bitter old man, Moore is probably fuming with rage while chewing on his own beard.

Asides that, he likely doesn't give a hoot about Metal since none of his stuff is currently involved in it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the idea of Barbatos but everything else just makes me roll my eyes. The Bathybrids are just so lazily constructed.

The Joker hybrid ok underdtandable

I can even see the GL one but Doomsday? Cyborg? Diana? Lol wut?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Metal #2 is out, what did people think of it?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

What I think is that Snyder has completely given up on the Court of Owls, I mean

They're Barbatos worshipers now? they've been preparing to bring Barbatos for centuries? that pretty much makes them a Black Glove Ripoff even more, as if the COO storyline needed to remind you of R.I.P some more, lol. Then the Joker Robins slaughter them in droves, ok I think its time to do away with this non sense concept once and for all. They're just fodder and nothing about them makes sense.

How does one even being to explain a group with the name owls but one which worships a Batgod? WTF

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis:

You make a good point that whatever originality the Court of Owls had has been effectively diminished now that some of them are Barbatos worshippers. I think it's only an off shoot of the Court though and not the entire Court but the point stands that they seem more like Black Glove rip offs. They may have been cool at first but the Court has long outstayed its welcome and lost its merit. Maybe Morrison's rendition of Barbatos will be impacted by Snyder too.

I do like the Easter eggs and wider DCU references plus heroes fighting a villain for once but Snyder is starting to show the same problems in his writing as before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Not as Good as the first issue, also why are the court of owls suddenly Barbatos worshipers?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis:

You make a good point that whatever originality the Court of Owls had has been effectively diminished now that some of them are Barbatos worshippers. I think it's only an off shoot of the Court though and not the entire Court but the point stands that they seem more like Black Glove rip offs. They may have been cool at first but the Court has long outstayed its welcome and lost its merit. Maybe Morrison's rendition of Barbatos will be impacted by Snyder too.

I do like the Easter eggs and wider DCU references plus heroes fighting a villain for once but Snyder is starting to show the same problems in his writing as before.

Oh definitely, Snyder just stated in a Newsarama interview that the Batman Lost one shot will address Barbatos and the Hyper Adapter and try to make sense of them both. Either way the COO has definitely outstayed its welcome as a concept.

It wasn't offensive and Snyder didn't get carried away with his own tropes(for now), seems like a safe enough comic, though baby Darkseid's appearance required an explanation (beyond the obvious Morrison references), maybe we'll get it in a later issue.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis:

Oh definitely, Snyder just stated in a Newsarama interview that the Batman Lost one shot will address Barbatos and the Hyper Adapter and try to make sense of them both. Either way the COO has definitely outstayed its welcome as a concept.

It wasn't offensive and Snyder didn't get carried away with his own tropes(for now), seems like a safe enough comic, though baby Darkseid's appearance required an explanation (beyond the obvious Morrison references), maybe we'll get it in a later issue.

Yeah it's at least safe and not over the top Snyder tropes for now. Connecting Barbatos and the Hyper Adapter with the Metal and Dark Multiverse stuff is gonna be a head scratcher.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was silly on an almost Silver Age level. Still great, though.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Reading through the comments here I feel like I'm missing some things. Makes me feel like a noob. Just finished the second issue, though. It was amazing imo. I loved the villian designs. I also loved Baby Darkseid. I know he's super evil, but they actually made him cute. It sucks that this only comes out once a month.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This event is a lot of fun

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hot trash

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda confused in the introduction of Final Crisis materials.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its been released.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its been released.

Your profile pic makes it look likey you're planning something sinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Issue 3 was awesome yet again. I love how deeply rooted in DC lore this event is.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic issue. Can't wait to read the rest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this. I also like how the event isn't solely focused on Batman, that this issue was focused on the other heroes

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Ive been loving every single minute of it.

DC has momentarily become my new favorite of the big two..

RodG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Nights Metal is grimdark for the sake of being grimdark.

Pass.

RodG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RodG

DN: M is just too grimdark for the sake of being grimdark.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This series reads like a celebration of the (awesome) insaneness of comic book lore. Issue four was no exception. Hope Snyder and Capullo keep it up!