ComicVinero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ComicVinero
No Caption Provided

How would be a DC´s Civil War? Who would fight whom and who would win?

ComicVinero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ComicVinero

In my personal opinion I think it could be a superman leading on the registration side vs batman leading the anti-registration side, because baatman doesn´t want to register because he couldn´t protect gotham as a vigilantee and has seen before against the government in the dark knight returns, while superman feels bad for hurting people so he tries to help the government to get control

ComicVinero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could also be a Hal Jordan Green Lantern leading the pro-registration side vs Wonder Woman leading the anti-registration side

Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking the sides would be the same as they are in injustice except superman might not be completely evil. I think Superman's side would win.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Superman(Pro-Reg)- Superfamily, Captain Atom, John, Cyborg, Wally.

Team Batman(Anti-Reg)- Batfamily, Oliver, Barry, Hal and most of the vigilantes.

Neutral- Diana, J'onn, Aquaman, Shazam

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Splitting the team down the middle in the picture, it would be a good fight, but left would win? Agreed . . . ?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:

Splitting the team down the middle in the picture, it would be a good fight, but left would win? Agreed . . . ?

Right side has heavy hitters like Diana, Clark, Zattana, Fate, Firestorm and John. And Batman.

ComicVinero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking a DC Civil War should be interesting, it would be a long series of civil war battle comics, until in the end it would be a BIG Thread that would join both teams including villains to defeat it. I was thinking it could be maybe darkseid joins brainiac, or uses all the power rings, or joins doomsday, or makes another team of villains or something like that

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@rbt: True, but Flash and Hal and Aquaman and Powergirl.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

@rbt said:

Team Batman(Anti-Reg)- Batfamily, Oliver, Barry, Hal and most of the vigilantes.

Why does superman always have to be the big-government one? Its no more in his character than it is batman's.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wf_mxyzptlk: thought the same thing I mean we have already had a story with a very similar concept all Kingdom Come

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@wf_mxyzptlk: thought the same thing I mean we have already had a story with a very similar concept all Kingdom Come

And Red Son, and Injustice.

There is enough totalitarian Superman at this point, give someone else a shot.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wf_mxyzptlk: he isn't a dictator in Kingdom Come I was referring to the whole heroes fighting heroes thing

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

@z3ro180 said:

@wf_mxyzptlk: he isn't a dictator in Kingdom Come I was referring to the whole heroes fighting heroes thing

Well, both the examples I gave still have the heroes v heroes point.

In kingdom come he's not a dictator, but he's definitely an authoritarian running his own private army and seperate state above and the beyond the UN.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it would be like Injustice Gods Among Us.........at least the teams pan out that way.

Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically Injustice

ComicVinero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wf_mxyzptlk: yes, I also think roles can also change between batman and superman. from what we´ve seen so far in dawn of justice at the begining of the movie we saw a superman that didn´t surrended to the authorities and didn´t cared for the lives he took, I don´t see this superman too far from being the anti-registration leader and fighting for defending his friends and for freedom. And Dawn of Justicee´s Batman, was at the begining against metahumans like superman, he was afraid of what they could do an the people they killed, he said he just needed 1 % of probability of being a menace to kill them for prevention, so I can imagine him also as the Pro-registration leader. What I didn´t like from Injustice was the parallel world travel. But, also superman could be in the middle trying everyone to stop fighting and saving civilians from the fight

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Why does superman always have to be the big-government one? Its no more in his character than it is batman's.

If Superman is ever given a choice to stop helping people and have government decide who he helps, he will always choose the second option. Bruce will just glare at the President and grapple away.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@wf_mxyzptlk said:
@rbt said:

If Superman is ever given a choice to stop helping people and have government decide who he helps, he will always choose the second option. Bruce will just glare at the President and grapple away.

I think he wouldn't give a crap, and just keep doing his work. It's not like the government can stop him, and in most non elseword stories I've read with him, he really doesn't seem to care the government's decisions.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_red_viper  Moderator

Also kinda like Trinity War. Or at least the whole N52 JL VS JLA thing.

ComicVinero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see a superman vs justice league or something like that, he´s unstopable

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like injustice or betyer yet kingdom come. Where as i prefer kingdom come

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@wf_mxyzptlk said:
@rbt said:

Thats not true, though. Thats just the frank miller mindset. Superman was designed at the very beginning as someone who circumvents the law to do what he believes is right, regardless of the government, and he has proved a willingness to ignore the government over and over again.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@wf_mxyzptlk said:
@rbt said:

Thats not true, though. Thats just the frank miller mindset. Superman was designed at the very beginning as someone who circumvents the law to do what he believes is right, regardless of the government, and he has proved a willingness to ignore the government over and over again.

Ignoring the government when they couldn't care less is not the same as the situation for Civil War. They literally gave them two choice. Either play by our rules or don't play at all. I honestly don't think Clark would ever go against government in a situation like these. He has always believed in leading by example. And going against government is not the way to do so. Even when Luthor was president, he had to keep an appearance of obeying him.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This is interesting, but probably shouldn't be in the battles section.

I like Batman being anti-reg. I can't see Superman being pro-reg though. Lex Luthor would be the best pro reg leader, but it would be better to have a character who is more consistently a hero and not a villain. This doesn't really fit with someone who would be pro-reg, but it would be cool if it was Dick Grayson leading the pro-reg. A Grayson led team vs a Bruce led team would make for a great series.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@wf_mxyzptlk said:
@rbt said:
@wf_mxyzptlk said:
@rbt said:

Ignoring the government when they couldn't care less is not the same as the situation for Civil War. They literally gave them two choice. Either play by our rules or don't play at all. I honestly don't think Clark would ever go against government in a situation like these. He has always believed in leading by example. And going against government is not the way to do so. Even when Luthor was president, he had to keep an appearance of obeying him.

We have an example of Superman flipping off the government as recent as Truth. Not to mention that kingdom come superman ignores the UN and creates his own parallel state, and so do injusticeman and red son. These are all examples of Superman shirking the government to do what he thinks is right,

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

I like this idea.

As for teams, I think the pro-reg side would be led by Superman, Flash, and Green Lantern

Anti-reg would probably be led by Batman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman.

I could see this being a really fun even with all the different characters that have been involved in goverment plots.. Lex Luthor/Black Lightning and Amanda Waller/Green Arrow would have been some fun reads in this setting. (Pre-Flashpoint of course)

As for who would win, it's hard to be against a trio of Superman, Flash, and Green Lantern. However, Not all the powerful characters in DC are popular. Spectre, Dr Fate, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, and many more can hang in a fight with these guys, not to mention the variations of each one (Supergirl/Power Girl, Kyle Raynor/John Stewart, and the many speedsters.)

It probably would come down to everyone finding a common enemy or the reg side taking it way to far and supes turning on them. One could hope at least.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@wf_mxyzptlk said:
@rbt said:
@wf_mxyzptlk said:
@rbt said:

We have an example of Superman flipping off the government as recent as Truth. Not to mention that kingdom come superman ignores the UN and creates his own parallel state, and so do injusticeman and red son. These are all examples of Superman shirking the government to do what he thinks is right,

3 out of 4 are non canon. In canon, most of the time Superman tries to keep everyone happy. I have always seen him as someone who walks on right of the line. And while I do believe he will oppose government if they came up with a ridiculous idea, but Civil War idea in not ridiculous. Infact, the registration makes sense. I honestly believe Tony's intentions were true in Civil War.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman solos.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@wf_mxyzptlk said:
@rbt said:
@wf_mxyzptlk said:
@rbt said:
@wf_mxyzptlk said:
@rbt said:

3 out of 4 are non canon. In canon, most of the time Superman tries to keep everyone happy. I have always seen him as someone who walks on right of the line. And while I do believe he will oppose government if they came up with a ridiculous idea, but Civil War idea in not ridiculous. Infact, the registration makes sense. I honestly believe Tony's intentions were true in Civil War.

They aren't non canon, they are elseworlds. As of convergence, all three are 100% canon. Heck, batman is the one who's always banging on about contingency measures and checks on powers for superhumans, while Superman tends to swing the other way. If anything, Batman will be the one who's going to push for registration.

Skorpist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wf_mxyzptlk: But they are still Supermen with vastly different personality. As for Bruce developing contingencies, they are different. While he developed them on the off chance that one of them might go evil, which a lot of them have occasionally, he mostly does it because League has several mind control villains. And developing contingencies are not same as supporting registration. Bruce has always considered his judgement above others. There is no way he will submit to will of elected. I can honestly see Superman not being on side of pro-reg, but I don't see Bruce on side of pro-reg at all. He will never, in his right mind,reveal his identity to world.

Bruce revealing his identity to Hal in New 52 is one of the most OOC behavior I have ever seen.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's side.

Just Batman's side.

The end.

ComicVinero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicVinero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicVinero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orobably shazam would be the pro.registration side as when he helped government against superman in batman/superman: public enemies

ComicVinero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AND WHAT SIDE WOULD YOU PREFER?

kasino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kasino

I'm sure the Dark Knight books are DC'S Civil War. It's far more Superman vs everyone but the story is pretty much the same. DC really isn't into Superhero fighting each other as a big story. Which might be a shame as this sight is kinda based around it and the rival studio/company is as well. Also Kingdom Come is very much like Civil War.

But if they did have DC Civil War..

Dam Wayne while on a mission with the Titans has challanged Parasite. The young Wayne is over confident. He has previously beaten the Parasite when he was feasting on the life force of the homeless and helpless but unknown to the Robin Parasite is now full on the speed force. In minutes which could have taken only seconds the Parasite has plucked the young Waynes skin, meat and bones away. But with his last concious thought the young Titan Wally called in that Parasite has the speed force, the highest level of threats has been sent out. The league arrives and with powers stolen and dished out the Parasite is taken down.

Batman kneels before the the pool of grotesque which was once his son. His closet friends, teammates and heroes around him. Shocked at the sight before them while no words able to given to their friend. Bruce stands. Removes his mask and walks away from the scene silent. Parasite is taken to the Super villain super max prison of Bell Reeve(spelling? I'm not much of a speller). The news hits the Superhero community hard. The Titans are all in shock. Wally in particular. His powers were used to kill his friend. The league are all deeply sadden but also worry about their living friend. The brothers of the fallen Wayne are the worst.

Dick has been silent since hearing the news. Tim is filled with regret, he is unsure his brother knew he loved him. Todd has plans. Their father has not left the silent and darken cave.

Gathering gear Todd, the Red Hood, is set out to revenge his brothers death. He removes his helmet and puts on his Robin domino and an R on his jacket. He breaks into the the impenetrable Bell Reeve. Into the Parasite cell. As he walks up to the cell, gun cocked, he is shocked to find his older brother, the first Robin, gun in hand standing over the dead Parasite body. Todd ask what is happening. Maybe a frame up has occured. Maybe Dick got here before him but after the real killer. But Dick calmly admits this was his dowing. That Jason should leave as the security is coming. While pushing the Dead Parasite aside to sit in his chair he tells Jason "he had a brother stolen once before. God gave him back. To the devil who dared to take another."

Tim doesn't want to be alone. The Manor is empty of brothers. The cave is dark and silent. He goes to Titan Tower. Tim and his best friend, Superboy, are talking. Tim isn't sure he can do this anymore. The hero game is becoming to much. His heart isn't in it. His head is everywhere. His former Young Justice founder has little to say but will support any decision made by his friend. An alert comes across "Break in at Bell Reeve. Parasite is dead. Nightwing in custody." Shocked and concern the heroes go off to the Super max prison. Once they arrive much of the Superhero community is there. Some demanding the are allowed to see Nightwing. Others don't want it to seem as if the heroes chose to side with Dick actions and are taking over the prison. Drake has no concern over public perception, he just wants to see his older brother. He demands it. He screams it. He is meet by Superman.

Superman agrees Tim should see his brother. That maybe it's owed to him. Not his brothers actions. But a chance to understand his brothers actions before tainted by others beliefs. Superman, Superboy and Tim walk into Bell Reeve. At the former cell of Parasite, now the cell of Dick, Grayson sits grimly but calmly. The House of El is silent as the sons of the Bat converse. Tim is unsure. Dick is certain. He killed the Parasite. He revenged their brother.

Before anyone else speaks the son of circus folk informs them he confess and will take the punishment that comes with it. That he will not be taking any other visitors. As the Young Justice founders leave to back to Titans Tower Tim agrees, partly with his brothers actions, revenge is needed. There is one who deserves revenge.

Gathering the Titans he believing willing he decided to go and take down the Joker. While hesitant they all agree, it's time for the Joker to be put away for good. After searching through all of Gotham, from Zsaz to Peguin, they have located the Joker who is ready for the young heroes. With a rogue gallery of the Gotham most dangerous the Joker and the Titans battle. Some are scarred but the mission was successful. The Joker not one to go down lightly releases his toxin. Tim was prepared. More than prepared. He wanted this to be done. With tech stolen he forcefields around himself and the joker. Superchargers the gas and smiles. An explosion erupts in the forcefield, killing the Joker and Tim. The Titans are once again shocked. They are grieving. In such short time so much tragedy. Everyone except Superboy who was fully aware of what his best friend, no brother, was to do for those he consider family. The league is once again called in. The Titans are berated. Questions are asked. Through the activity and the grief Superboy hears Tim's heartbeat.

The cave is empty. The cowl remains.

Bruce Wayne has one son dead. One in jail and one in a coma, paralyzed. So why is he traveling to the home of Dr. Fate?

He wonders can he have his sons back but ask Fate "will he stand next to him in the times to come?".

Bruce has never felt so vulnerable. Yet never so strong. He has never been more than just a man. He knows he's as prepared for trouble as a man could possibly be if he could lose three sons what hope for others? He wants the world to be able to stand up to these sort of threats. To be as powerful as the devil that opposes them. He wants people to be safe.

Fate hears thus and agrees. He too was just a man. He has seen horrors no one could comprehend. He knows this world needs Fate.

Batman, in suit out of cowl, stands on a rooftop in Metropolis. Superman arrives and can clearly see that his friend is distraught. Bruce tells him the secret identify are not needed. That the symbols and names we use to fight crime are who they really are. Clark says he's as much Superman as Clark Kent. He has always been both. His powers were something he always had. That this isn't about identies but power. Batman agrees. This is about power and how they all have used their powers wrongly. Playing hero. When they could have stopped crime before crime ever happened. That they let walking Nukes, heroes and villains, walk the streets unchecked. Clark says he sounds like a ditactor. That he's not talking about freedom but controlling free will and flies off.

So if you want to know the rest say so. But pretty much..Batman wants a more control over superheroing and the superpowered community..Superman doesn't want to become a superpowered ditactor. He wants free will to remain and when the will Ventures towards evil he wants heroes to act.

Team Batman

Batman

Jason Todd Robin

Wally West(he might switch sides but he feels responsible for Dam death)

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can somebody tell me why Martian Manhunter is almost always left out of pictures like this, it's like the writers and artists forget he exists in DC

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn ends it with Telepathy, making everyone friends again.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PayneInTheAss
ComicVinero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be completely honest next to none of the powerful heroes or any of the heroes would join the government and almost every single one would be opposed to the registration thing the only reason civil war worked in marvel was because they took almost all of the powerful heroes and shoved them away or on the sidelines and they made half assed semi-reasons why some heroes would join the government. The whole civil war comics was a bit of an asspull if you ask me.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@kidolio: You should rewatch Justice League Unlimited. It's the most accurate interpretation of how DC's civil war would have played out. That series was ahead of it's time.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@kidolio: lol. No I mean the show itself. Season one is all about the growing divide between the US and the Justice League. Season 2 just tosses Darkseid in the mix.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Haven’t really watched it my self but I have seen some clips and the only person who sides with the government was Captain Atom so I don’t really see how that would be a civil war since majority of heroes still sided with the justice league if I’m right.