cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By cs_zoltan
"I wonder...if I dissected your mind, would I learn the truth about you?"

Respect Darth Maladi, the One Sith's spymaster.

<Blog Format>

Durability:

Maladi when standing close to Krayt survives the collateral damage from Celeste Morne's Muur Talisman empowered Force Lightning:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Force Healing:

Darth Maladi also serves as Darth Krayt's personal physician and is constantly in search of ways to slow his body's decay.

—Legacy Era Campaign Guide

No Caption Provided

When other Sith Lords are wounded in battle, they do not trust their care to the mundane doctors and medical droids of the Empire; they come to Darth Maladi.

Darth Maladi can put others into a Healing Meditation:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sense and Intelligence skills:

Darth Maladi senses Nyna Calixte's involvement in Roan Fel's escape:

No Caption Provided

Darth Maladi senses Cade Skywalker's presence on Wayland:

No Caption Provided

Darth Maladi senses Fionah Ti, Jariah Syn, and Wolf Sazen's presence on Wayland:

No Caption Provided

The enigmatic Darth Maladi is a Devaronian master of espionage, assassination, and interrogation.

In addition to her skill with alchemy, interrogation, and biology, Darth Maladi maintains the largest network of Sith spies among all the Sith. In addition, Darth Maladi sits in the middle of a vast web of intelligence agents that serve all of the Sith;

Darth Maladi is the first to see through Darth Wyyrlok's lies about Krayt:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Telepathy:

Darth Maladi uses Force Illusion on Cade Skywalker:

No Caption Provided

Cade Skywalker tries to remove Darth Maladi's memories. It's not clear if it was successful or not. While Maladi later appeares to be insane from this, it was only a ploy to trick Roan Fel. She appeared sane under Nihl's Sith Order:

Force Lightning:

Darth Maladi together with Darth Krayt use Force Lightning on Celeste Morne:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Darth Maladi tortures Jariah Syn and Deliah Blue with Force Lightning:

No Caption Provided

Darth Maladi tortures Cade Skywalker with Force Lightning:

No Caption Provided

Darth Maladi uses Force Lightning against Shado Vao:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Darth Maladi uses Force Lightning to escape confinement with ease:

No Caption Provided

Telekinesis:

Darth Maladi uses Force Push on Cade Skywalker:

No Caption Provided

Knowledge:

Darth Maladi studied holocrons, even the forbidden ones:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Combat Skills:

Darth Maladi duels Shado Vao, a great lightsaber duelist, without either gaining a visible edge. While most of it is off panel, they fought for 9 pages when the duel was ended by the Rakghouls. She then slays the Rakghouls off panel and joins Krayt against Celeste:

Shado has honed his martial skills and has yet to find his equal with a lightsaber.

—Star Wars: Legacy #0

Vong bioengineering:

Extremly skilled in both Sith alchemy and the manipulation of Yuuzhan Vong bioengineering, Darth Maladi is very much a student of science as well as mysticism.

Darth Maladi was the one who corrupted the Ossus Project:

No Caption Provided

Darth Maladi gives Darth Nihl a Vong arm:

No Caption Provided

Darth Maladi infects Jariah Syn and Deliah Blue with Vong seeds:

No Caption Provided

Darth Maladi creates a bioweapon that is beyond even Cade's standard level of Dark Transfer to heal:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sith Alchemy and Sorcery:

Extremly skilled in both Sith alchemy and the manipulation of Yuuzhan Vong bioengineering, Darth Maladi is very much a student of science as well as mysticism.

Maladi's talent for Alchemy ranks her among the most powerful Siths:

The most powerful Sith Lords possess a talent for the dark alchemy of the Sith. The Emperor, like Naga Sadow and Exar Kun long before him, became a master of manipulating the genetic building blocks of living creatures through the dark side.

—The Dark Side Sourcebook (credit to i_like_swords)

One's talent with Alchemy also translates into Sith Sorcery, making Maladi a practitioner of the art:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

—Force & Destiny: Core Rulebook (credit to i_like_swords)

If one accepted the tales handed down in accounts and holocrons, the ancient Sith had known how to accomplish this. But had Sith like Naga Sadow and Exar Kun genuinely been more powerful, or had they benefited from the fact that the dark side had been more prominent in those bygone eras? Some commentators claimed that the ability to survive death had been limited to those with a talent for sorcery and alchemy, and that the use of such practices actually predated the arrival of the Dark Jedi exiles on Korriban. But sorcery had been employed less to extend life than to create illusions, fashion beasts, and resurrect the dead. Powerful adepts were said to have been able to saturate the atmosphere of planets with dark side energy, compel stars to explode, or induce paralysis in crowds, as Exar Kun apparently did to select members of the Republic Senate. Other adepts used sorcery merely as a means to better understand ancient Sith spells and sigils.

Darth Bane had referred to sorcery as one of the purest expressions of the dark side of the Force, and yet he hadn't been able to harness those energies with near the skill as had his onetime apprentice Zannah.

—Darth Plagueis (credit to i_like_swords)

Bane didn't fear her blades. There was only one thing she possessed that he was wary of: Sith sorcery. Zannah could do things with the Force that Bane couldn't even attempt. She could attack the minds of her opponents, turning their own thoughts and dreams against them.

During her apprenticeship, Bane had encouraged her in her studies of the magical arts. He had given her ancient texts filled with arcane rituals, urging her to expand her knowledge and push the boundaries of her talent.

—Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (credit to i_like_swords)

Darth Maladi seems to be more knowledgable than Darth Krayt about Sith Alchemy:

No Caption Provided

Darth Maladi eclipses Vul Isen in the field of Sith Alchemy. Vul was responsible of the total genocide of several planets:

No Caption Provided

Darth Maladi on Darth Krayt's orders creates a sith toxin for Roan Fel that can kill an entire planet in a matter of seconds, except for the Sith:

Interrogation skills:

The enigmatic Darth Maladi is a Devaronian master of espionage, assassination, and interrogation.

Darth Maladi breaks Hosk Trey'lis completely under a few minutes:

No Caption Provided

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords@thevivas

New Legacy era respect thread. Maybe eventually this era actually get the respect it deserves...

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: from what ive seen from battes it seems you are pretty into Legacy Great Thread Man

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: from what ive seen from battes it seems you are pretty into Legacy Great Thread Man

Thank you!

It's actually pretty new from me. I'm usually a PT era wanker :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Awesome job! That's pretty much most Legacy era characters covered now.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Absolutely marvelous; nobody could've done it better.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cs_zoltan

@i_like_swords said:

Awesome job! That's pretty much most Legacy era characters covered now.

Thanks!

@wollfmyth209 said:

Absolutely marvelous; nobody could've done it better.

Thank you, although I'm sure ILS or Vivas could've done her justice.

Avatar image for ricochicomalico
ricochicomalico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice work.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro work here!

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soup95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was collecting scans to make this but I am glad you beat me to it; splendid work Zoltan, no one could have done it better like Wollf said

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soup95 said:

I was collecting scans to make this but I am glad you beat me to it; splendid work Zoltan, no one could have done it better like Wollf said

lol sorry that I beat you to it, and thanks for the compliment.

Soup95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: Don't be sorry, you've given the character more justice than I could have

ForklifterMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is incredible work and Maladi definitely needed her own RT! Phenomenal job here.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 juiceboks  Moderator

Looks pretty good.

Beniboybling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep forgetting to comment on this, awesome stuff - been looking to get the lowdown on this character.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@cs_zoltan For making this you deserve much love. Anything Legacy related is love.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most powerful Sith Lords possess a talent for the dark alchemy of the Sith. The Emperor, like Naga Sadow and Exar Kun long before him, became a master of manipulating the genetic building blocks of living creatures through the dark side.

—The Dark Side Sourcebook

Maladi's skill with alchemy implies she should be in the upper echelons of Force power.

The sources below all equate and conflate Alchemy with Sith Sorcery, which Maladi is also a master of.

No Caption Provided

—Force & Destiny: Core Rulebook

If one accepted the tales handed down in accounts and holocrons, the ancient Sith had known how to accomplish this. But had Sith like Naga Sadow and Exar Kun genuinely been more powerful, or had they benefited from the fact that the dark side had been more prominent in those bygone eras? Some commentators claimed that the ability to survive death had been limited to those with a talent for sorcery and alchemy, and that the use of such practices actually predated the arrival of the Dark Jedi exiles on Korriban. But sorcery had been employed less to extend life than to create illusions, fashion beasts, and resurrect the dead. Powerful adepts were said to have been able to saturate the atmosphere of planets with dark side energy, compel stars to explode, or induce paralysis in crowds, as Exar Kun apparently did to select members of the Republic Senate. Other adepts used sorcery merely as a means to better understand ancient Sith spells and sigils.

Darth Bane had referred to sorcery as one of the purest expressions of the dark side of the Force, and yet he hadn't been able to harness those energies with near the skill as had his onetime apprentice Zannah.

—Darth Plagueis

Bane didn't fear her blades. There was only one thing she possessed that he was wary of: Sith sorcery. Zannah could do things with the Force that Bane couldn't even attempt. She could attack the minds of her opponents, turning their own thoughts and dreams against them.

During her apprenticeship, Bane had encouraged her in her studies of the magical arts. He had given her ancient texts filled with arcane rituals, urging her to expand her knowledge and push the boundaries of her talent.

—Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil

Force and Destiny also conflates Nightsister alchemy and spellcasting with Sith alchemy and sorcery, all of the aforementioned falling under the general umbrella of "magic."

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

—Force & Destiny: Core Rulebook

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords

I might be misinterpreting the quote, but it says the most powerful siths have talent for Alchemy. Does that necessarily mean anyone with Alchemy talent is among the most powerful siths?

Also what does Zannah and the Night Sisters have to do with Maladi?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: It's saying that a talent for alchemy makes you "the most powerful Sith Lords." I wouldn't read into it more than alchemy masters are a very big deal. Whether Maladi had a natural talent for alchemy, or she developed it through intensive training (something even Tenebrous and Plagueis found extremely hard), it bodes well for her.

Alchemy and sorcery, and one's talent for them, tend to be directly intertwined. They are to an extent even grouped under the general label of "magic." The Nightsister's, whose whole philosophy and use of the Force is based on mysticism, have their own alchemical and sorcerous arts compared to that of the Sith.

Point being, Maladi's extreme skill in Alchemy reflects well on her talents as a sorcerer.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers