Darkseids Rebirth situation?

Avatar image for allhailskeletor
AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can someone please explain to me whats going on with Darkseid in rebirth?

What's with this dumb baby Darkseid stuff? Did they not butcher enough characters in New 52, that they had to ruin a major character like him?

And does it make sense? I thought Darkseids true form was a multiversal God who lives outside the infinite earth's, and that his physical body is just an avatar to his omnipotent self.

Is there another Darkseid in rebirth that isn't a baby? Will the writers eventually realize that this is one of the stupidest arc changes since New 52 Lobo?

Help!

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess you could say he's going through...

*puts on Shades*

A Rebirth Situation.

Vaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid will remain a baby. It's better this way. He hasn't done anything noteworthy since Pre Flashpoint

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Lol

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@vaas: He is currently a KID.. in WW books

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DeathandGrim

@allhailskeletor: The whole rebirth motif kinda goes with Darkseid being a baby.

In the Wonder Woman books currently, Grail is killing gods to siphon the power into Darkseid and return him to his original state. Right now he's a kid.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well his true form was Nearly infinite energy.

He's teen in the Wonder Woman books currently,

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, he’s “Kid” Darkseid right now and creepy too lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Technically he's not a Baby, he's a Kid.

They didn't butcher him, if you've read Darkseid War you'd understand why he's been turned into a Baby

AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all-father: @DeathandGrim2: I thought he would just come back the normal way like how the New God's usually do when New Genesis and Apokolypse destroy each other and reboot the infinite earths?

I just don't understand him being born from another race other then new god and is he growing at some accelerated speed?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@all-father: @DeathandGrim2: I thought he would just come back the normal way like how the New God's usually do when New Genesis and Apokolypse destroy each other and reboot the infinite earths?

I just don't understand him being born from another race other then new god and is he growing at some accelerated speed?

Well Death of the New Gods and their return was supposed to be a special situation where their entire race was wiped out and eventually reborn all at once. Whats happened to Darkseid is something thats happened to him alone.

Technically he hasn't, he's just been regressed back into a baby due to the effects of his fight with the Anti-Monitor and the quick gain and loss of the Anti-Life Equation. The baby you might have seen being born from another race is Grail, Darksied's daughter with an Amazon, who is now trying to rebuild Darkseid.

AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Ok see this is starting to make a little more sense. Thank you.

I haven't really been following much of the other characters besides Lobo and Deathstroke. I wanted to focus more on Darkseid but I was kinda hoping they'd give him his own comic finally.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I'll say that Robinson writes him with more personality than he ever had during the New 52.

However nothing about his status quo makes sense even counting Darkseid War.

I hate that they keep making him more powerful but are never able to sustainably write him like that.

At the end of DS War he absorbed the new powers of Shazam, his own power from Lex etc which didn't age him one bit.

Now he needs Grail to absorb power from demigods via mother box to age him?how does age correlate with power? What happened to the Mazahs power drain? And Darkseid is an entity who has lived eons, will he keep feeding till he reaches that age( which would be ridiculous but realistic)?

DC execs need to bench Darkseid for a while. Morrison had the right idea, they ruined it by bringing him back to sell a few copies of Johns terrible JL arc.

KwasiD2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll be back the next revamp

AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After how he got beat by the anti monitor he deserves it

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allhailskeletor: And does it make sense? I thought Darkseids true form was a multiversal God who lives outside the infinite earth's, and that his physical body is just an avatar to his omnipotent self.

Well yes but you look at it in 2 ways, this Darkseid exists but he is rarely the form in which the heroes encounter, they've literally only encountered him once in Final Crisis. The New gods will sometimes reference the idea that they are only reflections or avatars. They appeared again in Multiversity and it probably won't come up again in any big fashion until Grant Morrison does something with it.

The entire Metal saga is all a product of the Hyper Adaptor / Barbatos, a creature created by true form Darkseid just to mess with Batman.

At the end of DS War he absorbed the new powers of Shazam, his own power from Lex etc which didn't age him one bit.

Now he needs Grail to absorb power from demigods via mother box to age him?how does age correlate with power? What happened to the Mazahs power drain? And Darkseid is an entity who has lived eons, will he keep feeding till he reaches that age( which would be ridiculous but realistic)?

DC execs need to bench Darkseid for a while. Morrison had the right idea, they ruined it by bringing him back to sell a few copies of Johns terrible JL arc.

He didn't absorb those powers, what happened there is that when Darkseid died multiple gods where created by the universe to try and fill the void of power. The Death Flash, Omega Lex, Strength Superman, super god enhanced Shazam and I think I've forgotten someone. Grail then had the child absorb these balances back into the child so it would again equal Darkseid who was reborn.

Here is how events played out.

• Grail needed the Anti-Monitor as the anti-life was the only thing that will kill Darkseid, at this point she hates Darkseid because she feels bad for her heritage and that's what her mother taught her to hate.
  • Anti-Monitor agrees because it is the only thing that will free him from being cursed with Anti-Life
  • He kills Darkseid with the help of the Black Racer and is freed, Grail acquires Anti-Life
  • Grail brings Darkseid back
  • Darkseid War ends with Grail being made to feel guilty and fleeing with baby Darkseid, the idea being he is an innocent child.

As crazy or as silly as that all may be it had some level of consistency, now the new Wonder Woman plotline has thrown that all to sh*t for the sake of the status quo.

The whole Grail/Darkseid thing had the set-up for an emotionally invested storyline but now all character growth has been reset. Grail is speeding up Darkseids growth for teh evils and so he can be the big bad again. What makes this storyline especially stupid is that it is just Grail changing her mind, Darkseid was fully grown, she made him a baby, now she wants him fully grown again.

I am almost certain it exists for the same reason that most of the worst continuity errors exist within comics, they writers either don't read or care about continuity. The Wonder Woman comic words it as if the Justice League stopped Darkseid in the Darkseid war which is silly. You could have removed the Justice League entirely from that story and it would play out exactly the same as long as you had someone else fetch Grails mother.

AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister1: So they were trying to make him good? He's supposed to be the God of Evil. How was that gonna work?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It is different but I like it. Even when he was a baby he was reading grail mind an telling her what to do as a toddler. I was like a baby an you can use TP an know what you want dang.

Also it shows you how much power he needs to get back up to speed.