thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By thenamelessone

No, Thanks.

Nothing against Daisy, Rey is just a terrible character.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically what they should’ve done with Luke?

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#7 frozen  Moderator
Kal_El_Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do they just not give a shit about their fan base ?

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah no one cares about this one.

I’m excited about the Dave Filoni and James Mansgold movies. Mansgold’s will be about the first Jedi. Filoni’s will be a culmination of the stories from Mando, BOBF and Ahsoka.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Guaranteed this will be another Jedi vs Sith story, which will further reduce the OT’s importance in the series.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My response above is factual, but I’m not going to write this off without knowing more. Maybe, just maybe Disney has learned from the ST.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TobeyMaguire84
@frozen said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2023/film/news/daisy-ridley-rey-star-wars-new-movie-1235572603/amp/

The film will show her rebuilding the Jedi order post TROS. Will by directed by the director of Ms Marvel.

Seriously why is Disney giving such projects to unproven Director who have no experience with big budget movies.

The project marks several major milestones for the franchise: Obaid-Chinoy is the first woman and the first person of color to direct a “Star Wars” movie

Oh, that's her qualification.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

More Rey? Oh yeah.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 frozen  Moderator

More Rey? Oh yeah.

It seems they are just giving her Luke's story, right down to the finest detail.

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Herculean
@frozen said:
@straight-fire said:

More Rey? Oh yeah.

It seems they are just giving her Luke's story, right down to the finest detail.

It seems that Disney still cannot learn from their mistakes with the franchise. They tried to recoock everything the same way but with a slightly different sauce with the last triology, the majority of fans hated that. Now they are doing exactly the same thing...

I am really starting to think that Kylo and Rey fanbase must be something very much bigger than I imagined, there is no way they are making a movie destined to fail.

Edit, I mean of course they can make stuffs destined to fail, this is the credo of Disney lately, but at this point this is just insanity. They must have some idea behind it as trash as it is to please the fans.

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Queen Rey Skywalker coming back!!

No Caption Provided

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@frozen: I'm okay with that as long as the film is good.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Lucasfilm, I'll believe it when it's filming.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 frozen  Moderator

Its 15 years post TROS. I wonder how they will approach the scale of it. Perhaps they will use Darth Maul as the villain. That was George's original idea for the sequels.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do they just not give a shit about their fan base ?

They do, quite literally though. They like to shits all over their fanbase.

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@straight-fire said:

Its 15 years post TROS. I wonder how they will approach the scale of it. Perhaps they will use Darth Maul as the villain. That was George's original idea for the sequels.

Maul is dead and his arc got a closure. If they bring him back there is no way anything will remain impactful anymore in canon. Might as well bring Windu back for good at this point.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I highly doubt that. Maul is dead. I genuinely don’t think even Disney would revive him again. Plus one of the novels said Obi cremated his corpse.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24 MaulSmacker  Online

@frozen said:
@straight-fire said:

Darth Maul has a very real issue of being dead.

The_Swaggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney needs to just bury the sequels and start over with a trilogy set deep into the future. The damage is done, these characters can’t be salvaged.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somehow, Darth Maul returned.

The_Swaggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Swaggot

Omfg I just looked up the plot synopsis too. They’re literally giving Rey the story that post-rotj Luke should have gotten. And ofc the director is some nobody, probably has connections with a higher-up at Disney.

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

Playa1258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any competent white males in this film?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

….eh .. Not that it’s impossible for them to bounce back after Episode IX with this character, but I’m skeptical, that movie cut to the bone. I’ll wait for more info to see where this is going

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y’all really upset with Daisy when the fault lies entirely on the Director is crazy.

With said I hope Disney evaluated this director’s knowledge of Star Wars before hiring her.

Koose104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring the Yuuzhan Vong into cannon

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 frozen  Moderator
mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koose104: trilogy about the Yuuzhan Vong war would be pretty cool

Avatar image for daddyprometheus
DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DaddyPrometheus

jmCool, nice to see they aren't ignoring the main ST heroes moving forward, i hope they do something interesting with the Post-TROS galaxy.

I'm thinking the movies will feature a mostly established new Jedi Order combining Rey with Ezra/Ahsoka's side, or something similar, and perhaps bring in a more adult Grogu who by this point should be 90 years old, likely able to speak or do something other than being cute.

That said it's stupid to announce this kind of stuff so in advance, i get it that it's been almost 10 years since TFA, perhaps the plan is to have it released 15 years after TROS to make it coincide, but maybe leave the Mandoverse a bit more breathing room? The Mandoverse is bringing in new light into what is the ST era why not let it flesh out the world a bit more before hyping up the next big thing?

After all we don't even have a clear endgame for the Mandoverse if we haven't seen the Ahsoka show yet, no pay off to the Thrawn hook, and it's said that Mandalorian could go on for 10 seasons going all the way up to TFA's timeframe according to the showrunners, this hyping up of the next big movie saga should be done once we are more into the endgame, not when it is, comparatively speaking, just starting out.

Also the High Republic multimedia project is still ongoing, i was thinking that with the Post-ROTJ, Dark Times (with Bad Batch, Kenobi, Andor and so on), and High Republic big publishing eras was more than enough at once.

EDIT: ok apparently according to another article Filoni is going to direct a movie that concludes this Post-ROTJ era:

Mangold’s movie will go back to the dawn of the Jedi, while Filoni’s project will focus on the New Republic, and “close out” the interconnected stories that are told in series including “The Mandalorian,” “The Book of Boba Fett,” “Ahsoka” and other Disney+ shows.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/star-wars-movies-dave-filoni-james-mangold-1235576542/

Not sure if this makes sense with the ammount of seasons, perhaps Mando will keep going after the big event that these shows are leading up to.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: very interesting. Not sure what the plot or antagonists would even be. Still really doubt Maul is coming back though.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 frozen  Moderator

@daddyprometheus:

They should ignore her TBH. Enough with the Skywalkers. They're just taking Luke's story and giving it to her.

Playa1258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Playa1258

Poaching the story of legends Luke.

This will go over well

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DaddyPrometheus
@frozen said:

@daddyprometheus:

They should ignore her TBH. Enough with the Skywalkers. They're just taking Luke's story and giving it to her.

1- They can't, she is the Skywalker heir in this continuity and if we have a New Jedi Order she's going to be in it, ignoring her would feel unorganic and leave potential holes in the internal logic for the sake of appeasing some fans that hate her.

2- Ignoring her would be stupid if one wants to continue the story post-ST, she was the protagonist of the latest trilogy, this would be like if Luke was ignored altogether in the ST.

There are too many objective flaws in ignoring such an important character if one is to make sequels to Eps. VII-IX in exchange for one's subjective dislike of the character.

3- Yeah she is basically in the same position Luke was post-ROTJ but this is less them "giving" her the same story and more like the only natural follow-up to the dry and safe storyline the ST had, it ripped off so much from the OT that it's conclusion was basically ROTJ but a generation further.

But it wouldn't even be the same "story" in this case she would be successful, i think, i highly doubt they would make the Jedi character from the previous trilogy a failed, grumpy, Jedi Master of a purged Jedi Order AGAIN, this time they have to play it straight and have a successful NJO.

She has the same premise as Luke, but not the same story.

If you mean Legends Luke then yeah, she's going to be Legends Luke-lite, but not for the Canon version of Luke who is the one that shares universe with Rey.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 frozen  Moderator

@daddyprometheus:

So they are basically taking the premise of Luke rebuilding the order, but instead giving her the success and making Luke the failure whose order crumbled. Yeah TBH Disney are hacks.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney trying not to screw over Luke in more ways challenge [Impossible] (Almost Died):

Loading Video...

D-Canon Luke legit can't catch a break. First, they destroy his character. And now, they took his entire story from Legends, and gave it to someone else who's as interesting or as compelling as a shitstain on the sidewalk.

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DaddyPrometheus
@frozen said:

@daddyprometheus:

So they are basically taking the premise of Luke rebuilding the order, but instead giving her the success and making Luke the failure whose order crumbled. Yeah TBH Disney are hacks.

I'm not sure how this is suprising to any of you, why get mad at something that was beyond obvious since Luke died back in 2017? Obviously Rey had to succeed otherwise the story would be beyond repetitive with 3 Jedi Orders being destroyed in a row and 2 attempts at rebuilding it by a naive desert kid ending in failure.

Are you suggesting they should make Rey fail as well? She already even had a giving up phase when Luke talked her out of it in TROS this would be even more repetitive as well as easily avoidable now with the help of Ghost Luke.

Or that they shouldn't have Luke fail in the first place? In that case i agree, to me the NJO falling like that was too repetitive compared to the Old Jedi and Luke ending in exile like Yoda, If there was a point where the heroes should succeed and reestablish the Republic and the Jedi it was ROTJ, otherwise it will inevitably feel repetitive unless they go in a completely different direction, which the internal logic of the Star Wars Universe's morality system can't allow.

But that wouldn't be the fault of Rey being in this movie or even her character to begin with, it's the fault of reseting everything to the OT status quo for no reason when they should have put a New Republic in power and an established NJO in the sequels, to show the fruits of what happened in the OT and doing something different, instead of being obsessed with having the underdog rebellion vs evil empire V.2.

Rey and the other ST heroes being in a post-TROS movie is totally the right move, they shouldn't act like an entire era doesn't exist because some people dislike it, and avoiding making it Empire vs Rebellion again would be the biggest win as it releases from the constraints of such framework, in spite of TLJ's greatness it was severely held back by the lazy and safe status quo they forced in.

Arexi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder who'll be the villains this time.... Empire 3.0 ruled by another Sith Lord?

Let them dig their own hole.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Let me guess, the new protagonist will be a woman of colour? I would not care if the actress is actually skilled and qualified for the role, I do however deplore the fact that Disney's casting process now has a race prerequisite.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 killbilly  Moderator

Lol.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 death4bunnies  Moderator

Ahhhhh ReyTOAA

One_Eye_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So they destroy Luke's character and kill him off, then steal the arc that was intended for him and give it to Rey.

But I guess it's okay. She's an identity thief Skywalker after all.