CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths Discussion Thread

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#201  Edited By Frozen

@rbt: I think Cavill's Superman would be portrayed as weaker. The filmmakers were mindful to portray Cavill's Superman as a toned down version in contrast to previous film versions. By contrast the CW versions are embracing the comicbook power levels more than the DCEU version.

As to how the crossover will actually show them, I'd say you're probably right. However it depends on how much screen time Welling will get. It's looking more and more likely that he will just get a cameo and not do much.

As to Routhman's age, if they are taking inspiration from Kingdom Come then he should be far more powerful than the others. KC Superman is 3-4x more powerful than the regular Post Crisis Superman and straight up makes him look like a joke. Judging from the way they have aged Routh up, he looks to be in his 50s, whereas the film version was supposed to be late 20s/early 30s.

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By Frozen

I'm mindful though to move the discussion away from feats and back to storytelling.

With that said, I'm wondering what universe Kevin Conroy's Batman is? This will be interesting, because supposedly the Batman 89 universe is referenced.

Also, Tom Ellis Lucifer is not making a cameo as initially was reported.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@frozen:

I'm of two minds about Routh Superman. Apart of me wants the jaded KC Supes. And maybe after Joker's massacre, he was that, but got through it and went back to the hopeful one we see in the trailer? I dunno. Don't expect to see much backstory from him as they have alot to tell, but it's fascinating to see what has happened to this Supes all these years later.

As for Welling. I know he's notoriously against the suit.I'm going to guess he's not going to wear it. But if he did that might be the highlight of the entire crossover haha.

He is? I thought he never wore the suit because of some “No flights and no tights“ clause.

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: He decided against wearing the suit in the finale, so they CGI'd it onto him.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Newspaper, Joker, what?

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Frozen

@supremegeneration: If you look closely at the released photos for COIE, behind Routh's Clark Kent is a newspaper which says that 48 people were massacred at the Daily Planet. The picture used is taken exactly from the Kingdom Come comic depicting The Joker's gas bomb. If you read even further, it says "Artist Alex Ross".

If you look even closer, it says "Police suspect The Joker".

https://i.imgur.com/7wXtVJb.jpg

So it's likely that Lois from the SR film was killed by Joker.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Damn I know less of CW COIE than I thought I did. Thanks!

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Why was he so against wearing a costume? Does he hate superheroes? I understand if he thought it wasn’t right for the story, but if they’re going to CGI the costume on him anyway, he might as well have worn it...

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Why was he so against wearing a costume? Does he hate superheroes? I understand if he thought it wasn’t right for the story, but if they’re going to CGI the costume on him anyway, he might as well have worn it...

I think he was afraid of being typecast if he wore the suit. He refused to wear the suit so they went the CGI route. I think after nearly a decade and the fact that he agreed to return, suggests that he has mellowed out on the issue, hopefully.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

The Supergirl Superman is such a freaking beta male goober.

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Frozen
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

FLASHES!!

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BRUCE,KATE LOVE KEVIN BEST BATMAN!!

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooo Routh supes>>>CW supes and Kara ?

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmpunk4life: I just can't picture Jon Cryer as anything but Alan from Two and A Half Men.

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: SO TRUE hes GREAT ACTOR but loved him as Alan. :)

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

miss chris reeve he was my superman growing up.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: @the_hajduk: Funny then that he is known now as Clark, so either way he was typecast.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crisis is getting tie in comics written by Wolfman and Guggenheim.

No Caption Provided

Source

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Frozen

So, these are POSSIBLE spoilers for the Crisis. Read at your own risk, but also take it with a HUGE grain of salt because the first thing this guy starts with is "I can't verify this just take me at my word".

https://old.reddit.com/r/arrow/comments/dp9qms/spoilers_coie_spoilers/f5tji53/

They may be valid to a degree, as they hinted at a confrontation with KC Supes and now we have an official pic of him choking CW Supes.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@cmpunk4life: I just can't picture Jon Cryer as anything but Alan from Two and A Half Men.

QFT

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@jashro44: Marc Guggenheim stated he is Reeve Superman on Twitter, so they had permission from Warner Bros TV department.

https://i.imgur.com/Ioxldqf.jpg

Even if you ignore that, Superman Returns was a sequel to Superman II. It erased Superman III, IV and Supergirl (1984) out of continuinity.

Prior to its release it was said to he a quasi sequel of sorts, but upon the film's release it has clear references to Superman I and II.

What I mean is those movies were made decades ago. Its a different creative team and its made by a different production company. I don't think he will be portrayed at the silver age levels where he is moving planetoids. And they established that to reverse time it only requires speeds of "mach 7" which is apparently equivalent to 1/80th the speed of light.

I would just think of Rouths CW Superman as CW Kingdom Come Superman rather than Reeves Superman. I'm not expecting him to be crazy OP granted I saw an image of him choking Earth 38 Superman with one hand casually. So I might be wrong.

This is the CW's interpretation of Reeves Superman which is different than Reeves Superman IMO. Personally I don't care what Gugganheim says. He has no claim to Reeves Superman.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#227  Edited By godzilla44

@saintwildcard said:
No Caption Provided

The Supergirl Superman is such a freaking beta male goober.

You love to see it

Was just about to post this but you beat me to it.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watched the Reeves Superman films recently. I tried to watch Singers but couldn’t finish it. Hopefully I enjoy Routh’s Superman in this crossover.

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Frozen

@jashro44: Where was it said that Superman was only going Mach 7? That doesn't make much sense to me. I agree that he won't necessarily be pulling Silver age feats out of his behind, but reversing time by reversing the Earth's rotation clearly a FTL and something straight out of the Silver Age.

As to the movies, yeah they were made a long time ago. Superman Returns operated on a sliding timeline. It was still handled by Warner Bros and used John William's score, not to mention the fact that they went to the trouble of using deleted voiceovers of Marlon Brando as Jor El to strengthen the continuinity.

So the answer depends on whether you think the Superman from Superman Returns is the same as Reeve Superman.

It isn't so much Guggenheim saying that "KC Superman is Reeve Superman", but moreso "KC Superman is Returns Superman who is technically Reeve Superman".

Routh's KC version is clearly a continuation from that movie, but whether that Superman in SR is the same one from the originals is up to you. In terms of personal head canon, one could not see them as part of the same continuity, but from an official canon POV I think there's enough evidence from interviews with the filmmakers, references in the film itself and narrative links (e.g. use of Brando) to establish a connection.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By SaintWildcard

So I'm going to assume that only Supergirl's Earth gets destroyed, and Black Lightning is just going to help but he gets to go back to his Earth by the end.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

So, these are POSSIBLE spoilers for the Crisis. Read at your own risk, but also take it with a HUGE grain of salt because the first thing this guy starts with is "I can't verify this just take me at my word".

They may be valid to a degree, as they hinted at a confrontation with KC Supes and now we have an official pic of him choking CW Supes.

God damn, if this leak is to be believed KC Supes is going to be freaking insane.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Wolfrazer

@supremegeneration: Well I mean wasn't KC Supes insane? Along with the other KC heroes?...So makes sense.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: That also on the fact, it supports that this Supes is a continuation from the original Superman movies. So it'd make sense he'd be the more powerful.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope that leak is true and that Routh's Superman kicks their asses. One of my fears was that they would pull the same bullshit they did on Supergirl with Superman. I am surprised to see that SMallville Superman gets manhandled so easily though. I would imagine that he would be closer in power. Not based on anything else other than popularity

Krasny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Which would be weird since they said smallville season 11 comics are canon and based on that he should be way above any of them based on feats. If its true it would be giant pis.

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Frozen

@supremegeneration: @saintwildcard: I hope they're accurate.

As to the discrepancy between Routh and Smallville Supes, it surprised me a bit. From what we've seen they should be at similar levels, but my own head canon thinks that this makes more sense. He's supposed to be a continuation of the original cinematic Supermen, so it makes sense for the show runners to depict him in such a way.

Though to be fair, I'm also fanboying KC Supes, so there's that.

This got me thinking though - if Welling does indeed wear the Superman suit, which suit would it be? Marc Guggenheim stated that WB didn't allow them to use the Superman Returns suit. In the season 11 comics he changes from that suit anyway.

If he does don the suit, I really hope it doesn't look as amateur as Hoechlin's suit. Routh's suit looks straight up movie quality.

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krasny: I don't think it would be PIS, its just scaling. We've never seen an older version of Routh's Superman so we won't know until we see him. Remember he's supposed to be a good 10-15 years older than he is in Superman Returns, and he was already very powerful in that film.

Krasny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: We shall see. If they make him go from battling gods, cosmic beings, and The Monitors, including one shotting the omega Monitor, Surviving the red and blue bleed to being the same level as CW Supergirl/Superman that would be a great disservice and making season 11 comic canon make no sense.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh what leaks ?

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krasny: It doesn't say that he's the same level as CW Supes/Kara. It just says that Routh simultaneously wrecks him and CW Supes/Kara.

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Frozen

@eobard21: They're not really leaks. They're highly suspect. They COULD be true, but unlikely. It's just that they sort of predicted a confrontation with Routh Supes and Hoechlin.

Take them with a huge grain of salt, as the user says "I can't verify this so take me at my word".

Krasny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Krasny

@frozen: My only worry is he plays a small part and is in just that farm scene and his world gets destroyed. Imo he would be the most qualified handling the monitors since he already stopped the crises with the justice league in season 11. Im happy for Roth/KC superman too, but if Smallville is not a important factor or jobs they might as well not used smallville and bring them in the arrowverse in the first place. The would only ruin him and only use his name to hype up the fans and get their expectations up.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I see thanks

KC Supes sounds insane if it's true lmfao

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krasny: I fully agree with you. I want Smallville Supes to have a bigger role too.

I'm worried that he will only appear in that farm cameo, but the show runners stated that there is a scene with all 3 Supermen too.

I also hope they don't go the paradise dimension route with him. I don't want his Superman in paradise dimension or dead. I want to see him fight and live through to continue being Superman.

Krasny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Another interesting thing with the leak is Darkseid. In the Smallville comics its stated their is only one version of Darkseid in all the multiverse and he travels between them conquering many planets and beating all the superman. We see how op he really is. And Smallville Supes only beat a weakened version of him. Interesting to see him in action if its true cause him in season 10 was a let down.

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krasny: Lionelseid was embarrassing LOL. I cringed hard when he says "I will annihilate you!" in the S10 finale. If they have hidden Darkseid then that would be a cool surprise. It looks like they're doing the Monitors justice so a Darkseid reveal might show the version fans have been hoping for.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well they did say that there's still some surprises

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

They had me until they mentioned a cameo from Ezra Miller.

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers