CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths Discussion Thread

• 62 results
Avatar image for supermanfan1938
#51 Posted by Supermanfan1938 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Are crossovers really the only selling point of these CW shows anymore? That's kinda sad.

#52 Posted by SaintWildcard (22039 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny outside of reddit people seem to dislike CW Superman. But on SupergirlTV you get mocked if you criticize Hoechlin's Superman (and the show overall). He's a decent actor though, not dissing him by any means.

I don't think it was till after the last two appearances (the finale where she beats him up and Elseworld) that people most people here got annoyed with him, I saw plenty of people who were impressed with the first episode he was in. They found him charming and whatnot. Personally, I didn't care for his cheesy and try hard take on the character.

I wanted to go in and like him. I used to watch Teen Wolf and I liked him on it, plus the suit is very reminiscent of the New 52 version, which I like.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
#53 Posted by Supermanfan1938 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanfan1938 said:

It's funny outside of reddit people seem to dislike CW Superman. But on SupergirlTV you get mocked if you criticize Hoechlin's Superman (and the show overall). He's a decent actor though, not dissing him by any means.

I don't think it was till after the last two appearances (the finale where she beats him up and Elseworld) that people most people here got annoyed with him, I saw plenty of people who were impressed with the first episode he was in. They found him charming and whatnot. Personally, I didn't care for his cheesy and try hard take on the character.

I wanted to go in and like him. I used to watch Teen Wolf and I liked him on it, plus the suit is very reminiscent of the New 52 version, which I like.

I guess people were sick of Snyder Supes so the near opposite seemed good. I didn't like him either but I wasn't expecting much from a CW show anyways.

But I never knew the Superman vs Supergirl debate could be even more controversial than Supes vs Bats or Supes vs Goku lol.

#54 Posted by SaintWildcard (22039 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess people were sick of Snyder Supes so the near opposite seemed good. I didn't like him either but I wasn't expecting much from a CW show anyways.

But I never knew the Superman vs Supergirl debate could be even more controversial than Supes vs Bats or Supes vs Goku lol.

IDK, it was early on that I thought maybe they would get better once they hit season 2. I was naive, it only got worse

A lot of that are feat junkies and dudes who are anti-SJWs, acting all agro and shit. Personally, I wouldn't have had a problem had they either built up to it or done it with a team. But no, she flat out just beats him in a fist fight, and he several times states how much better she is than him... like he won't shut up about it.

#55 Posted by Flashkings (399 posts) - - Show Bio

How big of a role do you think Reverse flash will have in this crisis?

#56 Posted by SaintWildcard (22039 posts) - - Show Bio

How big of a role do you think Reverse flash will have in this crisis?

I honestly think he's going to be the sacrifice in place of Barry or Kara. Cus Olliver is one, but they need one more to bring the balance the Monitor said

#57 Posted by Flashkings (399 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: so you think reverse flash would want to sacrifice himself, that's kinda unlike him

#58 Posted by Aros001 (3760 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: so you think reverse flash would want to sacrifice himself, that's kinda unlike him

Eobard wants to be the hero. He always wanted to be the Flash and part of the reason be became a villain was because traveling through time showed that he would never get to be the Flash and instead was destined to become his greatest enemy (though mind you, he probably wasn't that mentally stable to begin with).

The Crisis might be his big chance to final one-up Barry and "prove" that he's the real hero.

#59 Posted by Flashkings (399 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001: I know that Eobard wanted to be a hero, but the current Eobard is definitely not the type that would sacrifice himself to save anything, he might do something that redeems him but he wouldn't want to die doing it

#60 Posted by SaintWildcard (22039 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashkings: no, I think they'll screw him over and he bites the bullet for Barry.

#61 Posted by Flashkings (399 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by SaintWildcard (22039 posts) - - Show Bio

In true All Encompassing Comic Event fashion, Flash is stated to be covered in the shadow of Crisis in build up to the event. I already expected Arrow to do this, mainly as set up for it since it's only 8 episodes, but I guess they gotta bring Flash into this too