CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths Discussion Thread

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This thread is for all discussion about crisis of infinite earths. Feel free to speculate the plot, discuss what feats you think will occur, or discuss news that is coming out about crisis, or anything else relating to the event.

No Caption Provided

Disclaimer: You click on this thread at your own risk. Spoilers will probably be discussed so if you want to avoid that stay out. With that said don't tag a bunch of people into this thread when you post spoilers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we have Kevin Conroy as Batman, Black Lightning showing up even though I didn't think he would, and now Marv Wolfman co-writing....

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marv Wolfman co-writing is amazing. I really hope Deathstroke comes back for this.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

An article was dropped where Amell says he wants Welling as Superman, which makes it sound like it's not a sure thing yet. I think they know already, and if it's going to happen it's going to happen. He's probably jerking us around.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 Supermen might be overkill.

I think they went for Routh because Welling said no.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

To be fair, the Supergirl Superman is a total cuck and doesn't count, so it would really only be two SuperMEN, and one soy boy.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

To be fair, the Supergirl Superman is a total cuck and doesn't count, so it would really only be two SuperMEN, and one soy boy.

God I wish I could disagree with this.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone here know if Black Lightning is actually good? I don't see many people talk about it, and all the comments I've seen have been positive. I might give it a watch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d489a021333f
deactivated-5d489a021333f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hoping for Welling to return as Superman. That would be the icing on the cake.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone here know if Black Lightning is actually good? I don't see many people talk about it, and all the comments I've seen have been positive. I might give it a watch.

I enjoyed season 1. I haven't seen season 2. I hear it was less good than season 1.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Me too. I liked Tyler over on Teen Wolf, and I was hoping for the best. But my lord is he the most incompetent Superman I've seen outside the medium of comics

I think it does the Black Hero thing better than Luke Cage. Season one really establishes the relationship that both personas have with the community. Better usage of music took. It doesn't just shove in music pieces like Luke Cage did

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I remember back before Black Lightning was announced and after Supergirl made the jump, that they said they weren't doing anymore superhero shows. Well since then they've added 2 more and it looks like they are planning for an other show to replace Arrow and stating that no show is getting the ax just yet. So that means we'll have

-Flash

-Legends

-Supergirl

-Batwoman

-Black Lightning

-Unnamed Show

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Magian

Want to get excited about this, I mean you don't see something like this happening often but honestly, can't say I'm expecting much.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: You’re either a fan of the CW universe or you’re not. What’s assured is that this crossover will payoff to all the massive fans of this story.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rbt said:

Marv Wolfman co-writing is amazing. I really hope Deathstroke comes back for this.

The crossover is also supposed to serve as a finale to Arrow and the character of Oliver Queen, so depending on what happens in the episodes leading up to it, I could totally see them bringing Slade in. He's the villain/ex-villain Oliver has the biggest relationship with, even more so than Merlyn.

SireMystKing52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a LOT of people are downplaying this because it's not on a big screen. This could be one of the biggest events in TV history and people are treating it like it's just another annual CW crossover. It's not. It's freaking COIE people!!!

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a LOT of people are downplaying this because it's not on a big screen. This could be one of the biggest events in TV history and people are treating it like it's just another annual CW crossover. It's not. It's freaking COIE people!!!

I agree.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So random thought: But is anyone concerned this might be to big? Everything I hear about this sounds awesome but what I'm thinking is how is the CW paying for this? Are they basically blowing there budget on crisis, and if so what does that mean for the shows the other 90% of the season?

I'm super hyped for Crisis and I think I am more hyped for this than any other CW show but in the back of my mind I am thinking of how this will effect the shows?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@saintwildcard said:
@rbt said:

Same. But Tyler Hoechlin's Superman is just awful.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do I need to finish Flash's crappy 5th season to see this ?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jashro44

Do I need to finish Flash's crappy 5th season to see this ?

Not sure. You could probably read a wiki of what happened I guess.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

@jashro44: The CW shows make alot of money though. They may have gotten a bigger budget for this.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard:

Me too. I liked Tyler over on Teen Wolf, and I was hoping for the best. But my lord is he the most incompetent Superman I've seen outside the medium of comics

Prior to Elseworlds, I liked CW Superman. I know a lot of people were upset that he lost to Kara in S2 finale, but I wasn't bothered by it. But Elseworlds just took a massive dump on the character.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:
@rbt said:

The crossover is also supposed to serve as a finale to Arrow and the character of Oliver Queen, so depending on what happens in the episodes leading up to it, I could totally see them bringing Slade in. He's the villain/ex-villain Oliver has the biggest relationship with, even more so than Merlyn.

I hope so. Though Arrow will have 2 more episodes after the crossover.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's just gonna be another fan service event.

Avatar image for davidharewood15
DavidHarewood15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: The CW shows make alot of money though. They may have gotten a bigger budget for this.

They don't care what people think of SJW etc. On Facebook there are tons of Supergirl fans who buy everything and will watch everything in Supergirl. Because Alex & Kara, Lena & Kara or Kara & J'onn relationships, they love now Dreamer & Brainiac relationships etc. ( But still hate James Olsen and are glad he is leaving this season )

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HYPE!!!

DavidHarewood15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DavidHarewood15

@rbt: If people read comicbooks ( but reality is 99,999% of entire worldwide population don't read comics meanwhile people read fandoms, reddit respect threads then claim they are allwise ) they would know Kara is simply more powerful, more unscropolous. In comics she like J'onn J'onzz has 0 moral code and never holds back but goes all out, is faster and more skilled.

I love CW Superman also loved his fight against AMAZO but against Deegan was dumb. 3rd ep of Elseworlds was dumbest. I liked only Barry and Kara going around world with rather high immesurable speeds to statue this power transcending realms, times etc.

Also hyped for Black Lightning and hope Green Lanterns will appear

DavidHarewood15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I remember back before Black Lightning was announced and after Supergirl made the jump, that they said they weren't doing anymore superhero shows. Well since then they've added 2 more and it looks like they are planning for an other show to replace Arrow and stating that no show is getting the ax just yet. So that means we'll have

-Flash

-Legends

-Supergirl

-Batwoman

-Black Lightning

-Unnamed Show

Either Superman or Constantine or Birds of Prey. I would be glad if Martian Manhunter had own show

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, the event might be big.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard they gross over a billion dollars. I don't know if its true, but my understanding is they do make a lot of money. But still did they seriously get this big of a budget? That seems insane to me.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Why's that? If shows make a ton of money, makes sense their budget would increase too.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Why's that? If shows make a ton of money, makes sense their budget would increase too.

I don't know. I just feel this is way more than they've spent in the past.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I now get why they changed their tone on the Superhero shows. I remembered that WB cracked down on HBO, telling them to produce more content for the upcoming app. My guess is, considering that these shows are pretty popular on Netflix, they want more superhero content for the app down the line.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two Supermen? Black Lightning showing up? Wow I'm behind. What's been confirmed so far?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster:

Same. But Tyler Hoechlin's Superman is just awful.

I liked him up until Elseworlds. S2e1 and 2 made him probably my favorite live action Superman. From there it went downhill though.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two Supermen? Black Lightning showing up? Wow I'm behind. What's been confirmed so far?

One piece of dialogue has been confirmed-

Nobody :
No one at all :
Superman : Kara, you're better than me.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@rbt said:
@supremegeneration said:

Nobody :
No one at all :

Αποτέλεσμα εικόνας για yeah but nevermind

Colorado_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds like CW is going all out on this crossover but like others have mentioned I wonder if their going too big.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t know why they keep hiring more Supermen.

Just more idiots to tell Kara how much better she is than them.

I can’t take the SJW crap any longer with the CW.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SaintWildcard

@rbt said:
@supremegeneration said:

Nobody :
No one at all :

I think the worst one is when Cisco literally says "Kara is my favorite Kryptonian, that's right! I have a favorite Kryptonian".

Loading Video...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if it were legal, the CW would have a scene where Supergirl kicks Superman to the ground and then pees on him.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@the_man_with_questions said:

It's a decent show. I'd give it a high 6/10. Haven't seen the second season.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Want to get excited about this, I mean you don't see something like this happening often but honestly, can't say I'm expecting much.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the lady that plays Kara's earth mother also played Supergirl in that old movie. She will apparently also be reprising her role as Supergirl for Crisis.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 new bits of news

1- The Titans will not be appearing. I actually hope that the Doom Patrol appears, since this seems more their speed, but it honestly won't be much more than a cameo

2- We get this speculation every time there is an event, but once again people are saying Supergirl will finally merge onto Earth 1.

TheVVitchKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can’t wait for the bad special effects and Teenage level writing

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I’m not expecting them to fight the anti monitor in space. Any powerhouse action that takes place in the script will likely be pure CGI like they’ve done in the past. What is blowing the budget here? I’m not expecting anything ground breaking. It’ll be just like the crossovers we’ve had before. Bigger and better but not anything scale tipping.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

It's funny outside of reddit people seem to dislike CW Superman. But on SupergirlTV you get mocked if you criticize Hoechlin's Superman (and the show overall). He's a decent actor though, not dissing him by any means.