CW Talia Al Ghoul's motives are just stupid

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Zetsu-San

Seriously. She kills people all the time, but someone kills her father (who she knew did bad things just like the people she kills) and suddenly she wants revenge? Really? How is it not possible for someone like her to see the clear hypocrisy in her motivations? Even her sister who had seemed far more hot-blooded in comparison handled the situation better.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

"My Father was a bad man. But he was still my Father. So instead of coming after you myself, I trained this random guy because you killed his Father too."

Sheesh. Still loving Season 5, tho.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Guggy doesn't care, those were her motives in the Nolan trilogy, NOW THAT'S what this talentless stealing hack cares about.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Guggy doesn't care, those were her motives in the Nolan trilogy, NOW THAT'S what this talentless stealing hack cares about.

Damn, I didn't even notice this lol.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

What's worse, Ra's wanted Ollie to kill him so he could become the new Ra's.

So, really, Ollie did nothing wrong.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rubear

@zetsumoto said:

She kills people all the time, but someone kills her father (who she knew did bad things) and suddenly she wants revenge?

Yeah know, there is a big difference between father and that random guy to left.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RBT  Online

This makes absolutely no sense. Why wouldn't Talia be upset about Oliver killing her father?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: lol no. If she can't think "gee, I wonder how many of the bad men I have killed had children", then she's absurdly short sighted to the point of being a terribly written character.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

This makes absolutely no sense. Why wouldn't Talia be upset about Oliver killing her father?

Because she knew her father did bad things, and she kills bad people all the time. Plenty of her victims likely had children or other close family members. She'd have to be stupidly short-sighted to not see the sheer hypocrisy of the situation.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RBT  Online

@rbt said:

Because she knew her father did bad things, and she kills bad people all the time. Plenty of her victims likely had children or other close family members. She'd have to be stupidly short-sighted to not see the sheer hypocrisy of the situation.

You're basically describing every comic book character who kills here. Take MCU Punisher for example. His main motive was that his family was murdered. So, he takes a gun and starts killing people who most likely has families. Does that sound hypocritical to you?

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: lol no. If she can't think "gee, I wonder how many of the bad men I have killed had children", then she's absurdly short sighted to the point of being a terribly written character.

Lol yes. Why she'd even care about it? It's not personal. In case of her father it is personal.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rbt said:

You're basically describing every comic book character who kills here. Take MCU Punisher for example. His main motive was that his family was murdered. So, he takes a gun and starts killing people who most likely has families. Does that sound hypocritical to you?

The Punisher kills dangerous criminals. Particularly the ones responsible for murdering (not all killing is murder), his family. His family members were not criminals, they were not murderers, they were not dangerous. There is a HUGE difference here.

Person A hunts down the serial killer who murdered his daughter. Person B hunts down the cop who shot his son (who was in the middle of shooting up a mall). Are you really saying there is no difference between those two situations?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RBT  Online

@rbt said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rbt said:

The Punisher kills dangerous criminals. Particularly the ones responsible for murdering (not all killing is murder), his family. His family members were not criminals, they were not murderers, they were not dangerous. There is a HUGE difference here.

Person A hunts down the serial killer who murdered his daughter. Person B hunts down the cop who shot his son (who was in the middle of shooting up a mall). Are you really saying there is no difference between those two situations?

Ah, fair enough.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:

Lol yes. Why she'd even care about it? It's not personal. In case of her father it is personal.

And that's extremely hypocritical.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:

Nope. That's just human.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Talia has always been a crap character to me. Writers never know what to do with her.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talia has always been a crap character to me. Writers never know what to do with her.

This.

How Talia has lasted this long as a character is nothing short of a mystery to me.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zetsu-San

@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:

Nope. That's just human.

No it's not. It's called being irrational.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:

Nope. That's just human.

Yes it is. Because guess what? Humans are not vulcans.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Yassassin

@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:

Nope. That's just human.

Which again, is being human. People become irrational when it comes to a loved one. This isn't bad writing because of that, this is bad because it's literally her plot from TDKR, and in general, Talia sucks.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:

Nope. That's just human.

You don't have to be a vulcan to use basic rationalization.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zetsu-San

@tvc-15 said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:

Nope. That's just human.

Which again, is being human. People become irrational when it comes to a loved one. This isn't bad writing because of that, this is bad because it's literally her plot from TDKR, and in general, Talia sucks.

That excuse can only stretch so far until a character comes across as an unlikable hypocrite.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rubear

@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:

Nope. That's just human.

You don't bring overrationalization to matters of live and death in family. You don't expect humans to act in accordance only with logic, because humans have emotions and by our nature we humans are egoists. What matters to us is our live, our family, our principles and etc. And what happens to other (especially unknown) people is in best case secondary concern.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zetsu-San

@rubear said:

You don't bring overrationalization to matters of live and death in family. You don't expect humans to act in accordance only with logic, because humans have emotions and by our nature we humans are egoists. What matters to us is our live, our family, our principles and etc. And what happens to other (especially unknown) people is in best case secondary concern.

How is this overrationalization? It's some really basic logic. Don't blame someone for something when it's not their fault, especially when you do literally the exact same thing. Worse is that he did exactly what she TAUGHT him to do.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:

Nope. That's just human.

How is this overrationalization?

How it is not when you're speaking that somebody should not be upset after her own pupil killed her own father?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zetsu-San

@rubear:

It's some really basic logic. Don't blame someone for something when it's not their fault, especially when you do literally the exact same thing.

Yes, it was her own pupil. Who did exactly what she taught him to do.

Are you honestly saying that you'd react the same way she would in the same situation?

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: just wait for the same plan to destroy star city with some kind of mass catastrophe at the end, and Ollie "sacrifices"himself to save the day lol

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rubear

@zetsumoto said:

@rubear:

It's some really basic logic.

Are you honestly saying that you'd react the same way she would in the same situation?

Logic doesn't fit well with emotions, especially such as grief, rage and hate.
Are you honestly with yourself saying that you'd not react the same way? It's quite possible that i'd react the same way in same situation, but i'd definetly try to make my revenge personally and not through random new pupil who i'd train to kill former pupil)

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zetsu-San

@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:

@rubear:

Are you honestly with yourself saying that you'd not react the same way? It's quite possible that i'd react the same way in same situation, but i'd definetly try to make my revenge personally and not through random new pupil who i'd train to kill former pupil)

Again, that excuse only stretches so far.

Yes. I can honestly say that, and I find it disturbing that you can't.

PS: Is Nessa an unemotional "vulcan" for not reacting the way her sister did?

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:

@rubear:

Again, that excuse only stretches so far.

Yes. I can honestly say that.

As a man who had some experience with both overrationalization and bursts of rage i can tell you that you're deluding yourself.
Rationalization only streches so far and it takes much less then situation when "your own pupil killed your own father" to drop it.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zetsu-San

@rubear:

Is Nyssa an unemotional "vulcan" for not wanting to kill Oliver as well?

No I am not "deluding myself".

1) You don't know my history

2) Experiencing loss is extremely common. People die, that's a fact of life. This particular scenario may be a fantastic situation, but the leaps in logic necessary for her to feel like Oliver deserves to die for killing someone to save an entire city can be applied to any situation involving the death of a loved one. The fact of the matter is, if everyone went around applying those same leaps in logic, the world would not function. There'd be tons of revenge killings over complete accidents.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rubear

@zetsumoto said:
@rubear said:
@zetsumoto said:

@rubear:

PS: Is Nessa an unemotional "vulcan" for not reacting the way her sister did?

Nyssa had some reasons to not react the way her sister did. Like this.

Nyssa mentioned that her whole life she had been afraid of him but she was not scared of him anymore. Ra's ordered Oliver to kill her but stopped him at the last second. He congratulated Oliver for overcoming her and said that her death would serve no purpose. Learning he wanted her to marry Oliver, Nyssa mentioned she would rather die. However Ra's said she had no choice in the matter. He told her that she will marry Oliver and she would become Bride of the Demon.

Later she was brought before her father and Oliver for dinner, Ra's decided that he wanted the title Ra's to be in the family line and so he wanted a grandchild so he told Nyssa to get pregnant with Oliver's child, a decision that she was visibly displeased by. Later her father met her in her room and told her to be respectful to him but instead she scoffed at him. Her father had brought in a necklace that belonged to her mother and told her about how he met her, when she refused to marry Oliver, he held her face in a threatening matter and forced her to marry Oliver.

Ra's was about to kill his own daughter when Oliver revealed his deception, he gave his sword to Nyssa and she killed the majority of the men on the plane.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zetsu-San

@rubear: lol what happened to "logic doesn't fit well with emotions"? It's pretty clear that Talia had issues with her father as well.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rubear

@zetsumoto said:

@rubear: lol what happened to "logic doesn't fit well with emotions"?

It's pretty clear that Talia had issues with her father as well.

Nothing at all, lol. My routine modus operandi is calm and logical, however in case of unusual situation it changes on more emotional and in case of extremally bad or dangerous situation emotions can cause burst of rage.
Issues that big and right before his death? I don't think so.

johanshieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe because there's no Damian and Batman to distract her, and she got bored, so REVENGE.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gotoucanario

@rbt said:
@zetsumoto said:
@rbt said:

But -Ras wanted Oliver to kill him and found him to be a worthy succesor, -Ras pretty much left him no choice but to fight, -he died in a fair fight, -League Assassins are pretty willing freely kill and throw away their lives it's their "job", -Ras wasn't exactly the warmest father and barely treated them as one would treat family, it's comes of as petty revenge for Talia to go after Ollie specially in the way she did by training Prometheus to do it for herself and make him mindf* Ollue while taking innocent lives instead of going herself to face him.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Nolan and CW motives were similar, but a bit different

Nolan had Talia's motive as finishing her fathers goal in destroying Gotham, satisfied with beating Batman up and throwing him in jail and out of the way

CW had her wanting him tortured mentally for months, destroying every aspect of his life, making it much more personal

and Nyssa and Talia having different feeling on this makes sense given Nyssa was there and had made peace with his death, Talia was away and wasn't able to finish her business with him

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Black_Arrow

@mrnoital said:

Nolan and CW motives were similar, but a bit different

Nolan had Talia's motive as finishing her fathers goal in destroying Gotham, satisfied with beating Batman up and throwing him in jail and out of the way

CW had her wanting him tortured mentally for months, destroying every aspect of his life, making it much more personal

and Nyssa and Talia having different feeling on this makes sense given Nyssa was there and had made peace with his death, Talia was away and wasn't able to finish her business with him

But that's also what Talia wanted in TDKR. She and Bane threw Bruce in that prison, to torture him, Bane even said "your punishment must be more severe". They knew that the greatest punishment to Batman is to destroy his city while he is helpless to do anything about it and at the same time knowing that he could have save them if he climbed the pit. They stole his company, his heart (Bruce really cared for Miranda Tate), his fusion reactor and his armory to destroy the city. Sure Talia wanted to finish his father's work but she also wanted Batman to suffer, after she stabbed, she ordered Bane to keep Batman alive so that he can experience the depth of his failure. So it's quite clear that Talia wanted to torture Bruce.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: but they just assumed Bruce would show up, he had a messed up leg and hasn't Batmaned for years, they didn't go after him, they just started the plan, it was almost like Batman was an afterthought

and really? Miranda Tate was his heart? they just met and spent maybe a total of a day or 2 together

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@black_arrow: but they just assumed Bruce would show up, he had a messed up leg and hasn't Batmaned for years, they didn't go after him, they just started the plan, it was almost like Batman was an afterthought

and really? Miranda Tate was his heart? they just met and spent maybe a total of a day or 2 together

He really cared for Miranda, not only he trusted her so much that he gave her a nuclear bomb but he also considered the possibility of leaving Gotham with her and that was after years of grief over Racheal, so yeah I would say that he had strong feelings for her, probably even loved her.

They stole Bruce's fingerprints and they were planning to steal his company and his resources. He was bound to eventually show up, he had nothing else to do. Also Talia said " I honor my father by finishing his work. Vengance against the man who killed him is simply a reward for my patience", It's clear that destroying Gotham was her duty but one of her personal goals was to make Bruce suffer. That's why they decided to take him to the pit at the other side of world, they could have simply killed them.

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Horrible

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44  Edited By Stahlflamme

@zetsumoto: You know you are discussing with someone who says taking over a house with guns for political reasons isn't terrorism as long as you don't blow it up, too?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mrnoital

@black_arrow: if I recall, he just tossed her the detonator casually, he would've done that to anyone he vaguely trusted to keep it away from Bane

in the Dark Knight he said said he was willing to be done and leave with Rachel, and at the end of Rises we see that he left with Selena, considering leaving with a rebound girl(he was finally getting over Rachel, and if she's the first girl since that makes her the rebound) means very little when he already had the thought, and went through with it with someone else, it seems like the thought never left his mind

" I honor my father by finishing his work. Vengance against the man who killed him is simply a reward for my patience"

thank you for finding the line that proves that revenge on Bruce was only a side benefit, not the main goal, unlike CW where her only goal is to destroy Ollies life

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By USSJ3071

talia was mad at her dad until he died.

sometimes your family is just your family, and you'll do anything to avenge them. there's a huge difference between not liking one's father and not caring when some billionaire stabs him in the chest.

its not like talia wanted anyone else involved in her revenge plan. she just wants oliver dead. that makes sense to me. of course she's a murderer. of course she's orphaned people. most villains have motivations that confuse us normal people. whats the issue here?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Clearly they're not that close of a family.

And anyway, why would she want to work for a man as evil as Prometheus. In the flashbacks she appeared to be on the good side, not anyone who would help a man like Chase.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to see Nyssa and Talia hot hot hot it out against each other

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers