CW Superman Mega Punch calculated

Crapser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crapser

So, in S&L there is this pretty cool feat of striking strength, which happens Clark is possesed by Zod. What happens is that ''Clark'' sends JHI from space to earth in a few seconds with a single feat, in which he did not even seem to have put so much effort

we have Steel being send away in 0:36.8 and some dirt being lifted up by JHI landing on 0:39.1, which means it took him only 2.3 seconds to get from space to earth

No Caption Provided

That's the thermosphere, and i'd say it looks a lot like where they were, it can be between 90 and 1000KM above earth, the average is about 545Km. I'm going to use a Drag Force calculator, to find out the power of the punch

No Caption Provided

density is for Air Density, which is about 1.225KG/M, Velocity is for the speed it had, which is 545KM in 2.3S or 236,965M/S, a human maintains a Drag Coefficent of 1-1.3, and an Average Adult has an Body Surface Area of 1.9, which puts the total of force generated by ''Clark's'' punch would be 65,342,404,833 newtons, or 6,664,925 tons of force. That's... A LOT of force, by example, a fairly large pyramid weighs about 5.75M tons.

@death4bunnies@elijahbane25@power_hunter@morghulis i thought you guys might be interesed

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impressive. Most impressive.

Crapser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crapser

For those wondering about kinetic energy, it's pretty easy when you already have the speed. Seeing as JHI's armor doesn't have specific material, I'll assume it lives up to its name and is made of steel, so it should weigh about 100KG, plus JHI himself who is around 80KG, making up 180KG. Probably I am putting the mass very low, since it would also be necessary to consider the weight of the hydraulic harness required to move the steel part of the armor itself

Outside of that, the formula for kinetic energy is KG÷2×M/S², so 180÷2×236,965²=5.053717e+12J, or around 1.207KT, as a comparasion, this is what a 1 Kiloton nuclear bomb does when detonated

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome👏

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fortress of solitude key doesn't weigh a million tons... It was retconed as 500tons..

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice calc.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THis show is still on the air ? CW needs to pay 10 milion for being awful flop

Terrible bait

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice calc btw.

Crapser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fortress of solitude key doesn't weigh a million tons... It was retconed as 500tons..

Didn't watch Supergirl, anyways, S&L's Superman isn't Earth Prime Superman, so I should probably correct the key thing

Awesome👏

Nice calc btw.

Thanks!

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do people understand what drag force is?

Crapser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do people understand what drag force is?

In fact, i added the KE calculation because the force is usually not so applied in arguments and people normally use the energy itself.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way they were 1000km above ground when Clark punched him... Clark bullrushed him with his flight first before punching him so your velocity is definitely highballed...

Elijahbane25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job bro 👏

Crapser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Crapser
@johndeyvido said:

There's no way they were 1000km above ground when Clark punched him... Clark bullrushed him with his flight first before punching him so your velocity is definitely highballed...

1000KM? If you readed the post, you would know that i actually used the average for the Thermopshere, and Superman bullrushing him so hard that he goes flying up there is just another feat for him, as you can see thathe didn't went flying with him, just the impact of the bullrush was powerful enough to send JHI in full armor flying into the thermosphere. Also, the bullrush before the punch barely send him tens of meters below the previous location, so yeah, around 500KM should be fine.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdarth said:
@thewitchtime said:

THis show is still on the air ? CW needs to pay 10 milion for being awful flop

Terrible bait

Why terrible ? That's true. All of their shows are so awful they sold CW for 0 $, must pay 10 milion debt and according to statistic 95 % of Arrowverse shows audience are old grandmas and grandpas.

Only Arrowverse show i kept watching to end was Legends of TOmorrow, because it was so bad it was so funny, entertaining and debraining sitcom. FLash i watch from clips and i see gay rainbow powder meditating powers, ugly cgi black fire skeleton monster, ugly version of prince sidon from zelda fighting Fairy Allen with gayest costume in world. Superman Lois i watch for cringe just like Stargirl seeing how awfull poorly edited show is with feminist propaganda. Batwoman is just too awfull.

I cannot wait when CW will be mocked much harder after Gotham Knights and series focused on psedo Green Lantern guy from godawfull show arrow played by godawful actor David Ramsey.

Superman and Lois has nothing do with that stuff lol. I don't think you watched it.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdarth said:

Superman and Lois has nothing do with that stuff lol. I don't think you watched it.

yes it has it is CW show after all. Whoever created this HBO fecal headcanon should be ashamed, because Bitsie debunked rumours.

Keep watching your beloved dumpsterfires

Typical CV user. Doesn't even watch the show, make assumptions, and spews nonsense. Superman and Lois is on a separate level of quality than the Arrowverse and has a nice amount of heart and optimism. But I wouldn't expect a fan of The Boys to understand anything about hope and optimism.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By heiqn

I can't stop laughing while reading this thread 😝😝👏👏

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crapser said:
@johndeyvido said:

1000KM? If you readed the post, you would know that i actually used the average for the Thermopshere,

My bad... But it doesn't change my point overall... Even eyeballing the video from the height he punched JHI, 500km is too high. The view doesn't seem higher than the view from the ISS which is ~400km from ground level.

No Caption Provided

This is the height Clark bullrushed him to before punching him.

and Superman bullrushing him so hard that he goes flying up there is just another feat for him, as you can see thathe didn't went flying with him, just the impact of the bullrush was powerful enough to send JHI in full armor flying into the thermosphere.

He literally went flying with him until the scene cuts off so there's absolutely no way to say his impact sent him flying into space...

No Caption Provided

so it's clear he kept accelerating with JHI until the scene cuts off...

Also, the bullrush before the punch barely send him tens of meters below the previous location, so yeah, around 500KM should be fine.

So Clark is very slow flier now because it helps your argument... He can fly at thousand times the speed of sound in space easily as he has shown multiple times but now slow because you want it to help your calculation...

Finally, visually we can see JHI didn't fall at hypersonic speeds or anywhere close to 250km/s

Crapser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido

My bad... But it doesn't change my point overall... Even eyeballing the video from the height he punched JHI, 500km is too high. The view doesn't seem higher than the view from the ISS which is ~400km from ground level

I had left an example of why i stipulated the height at the beginning of the thread, since visually it can be compared to the thermosphere, but to make that clear, here is a description: The thermosphere is a layer of Earth's atmosphere that is directly above the mesosphere and below the exosphere. It extends from about 90 km (56 miles) to between 500 and 1,000 km (311 to 621 miles) above our planet. Anyway, your comparison to the ISS is mostly helpful, as it's about the same distance as I theorize they were from the ground in that scene, and visually they're comparable.

He literally went flying with him until the scene cuts off so there's absolutely no way to say his impact sent him flying into space...

Well, that scene is in slow motion, unless Superman is breaking the laws of physics because yes, there would have to be some kind of contact between the two for the energy to be transmitted and for Steel to be send flying away, then you can also see how JHI was being propelled out of control into space, with Superman never being onscreen until he attacks him again.

So Clark is very slow flier now because it helps your argument... He can fly at thousand times the speed of sound in space easily as he has shown multiple times but now slow because you want it to help your calculation..

No, it's because visually they didn't move a considerable distance, Superman can fly at any speed below his top speed, so there is no problem in saying that they did not move more than 20 meters from their original location there, and even so, the place where Superman hits Steel is where it seems comparable to the thermosphere.

Finally, visually we can see JHI didn't fall at hypersonic speeds or anywhere close to 250km/s

I don't even know what you mean here, unless you're asking for JHI to be set on fire due to speed or something, there's no way you can just say visually it doesn't look that fast. There are several examples of Superman flying at 4-digit mach and seeming to move at speeds barely above sound.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Johndeyvido
@crapser said:

@johndeyvido:

I had left an example of why i stipulated the height at the beginning of the thread, since visually it can be compared to the thermosphere, but to make that clear, here is a description: The thermosphere is a layer of Earth's atmosphere that is directly above the mesosphere and below the exosphere. It extends from about 90 km (56 miles) to between 500 and 1,000 km (311 to 621 miles) above our planet. Anyway, your comparison to the ISS is mostly helpful, as it's about the same distance as I theorize they were from the ground in that scene, and visually they're comparable.

Visually it is not comparable though but if you insist on disregarding visual evidence for your headcanon then you do you..

He used his flight to accelerate him closer to earth before punching him.

Well, that scene is in slow motion, unless Superman is breaking the laws of physics because yes, there would have to be some kind of contact between the two for the energy to be transmitted and for Steel to be send flying away, then you can also see how JHI was being propelled out of control into space, with Superman never being onscreen until he attacks him again.

Who said that there wasn't any contact? You are clearly saying something else entirely...They had a scuffle off screen that ended with Clark punching him into space but there's no way to tell from what height it happened..

No, it's because visually they didn't move a considerable distance, Superman can fly at any speed below his top speed, so there is no problem in saying that they did not move more than 20 meters from their original location there, and even so, the place where Superman hits Steel is where it seems comparable to the thermosphere.

Why would a bloodlusted Superman blitz his opponent a thousand times slower than he could? Its difficult to tell how much distance he covered in space but to low-ball it as no more than 20meters is ridiculous giving how fast he can move... I don't think I have disagreed that the height JHI was punched wasn't at the thermosphere but no way is it over 500km above ground...

I don't even know what you mean here, unless you're asking for JHI to be set on fire due to speed or something, there's no way you can just say visually it doesn't look that fast. There are several examples of Superman flying at 4-digit mach and seeming to move at speeds barely above sound.

Except he wasn't falling at a ridiculous speed. I can't think of any examples of Superman moving onscreen at 4 digit mach speed onscreen talkmore of it looking slow.. The visual evidence disagree with you that JHI fell at ridiculous speed, he didn't even crater the ground.

Superman punched JHI into the ground from the clouds and the impact left a huge crater..

I don't think he's capable of moving that fast inside Earth's atmosphere; we usually see him take off into space to travel long distance and it's mostly offscreen... We see him chase the Kryptonian subject and Tag the speedster inside Earth's atmosphere and wasn't moving moving at anywhere near 4 digit Mach speed..

Crapser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Crapser

@johndeyvido:

Visually it is not comparable though but if you insist on disregarding visual evidence for your headcanon then you do you..

The place where Superman hit JHI is absolutely comparable with the thermosphere, and also with the ISS (provided by you), you can also easily see the similitudes due to the clouds, but if you need even stronger proof, here's a picture taken from the ISS compared to where Superman hit JHI.

He used his flight to accelerate him closer to earth before punching him.

are you talking about the bullrush? Doesn't really matter, the picture above shows that even after that Superman was easily 400KM above the ground.

Who said that there wasn't any contact? You are clearly saying something else entirely...They had a scuffle off screen that ended with Clark punching him into space but there's no way to tell from what height it happened..

I'm talking about Superman not necessarily pushing Steel up there, and this makes a lot more sense when you realize that JHI had his hammer even after the first bullrush. This also makes it unlikely that there was a scuffle, as Zod would have easily taken the KE Hammer off JHI's hands in a CQC Battle. So chances are there was no brawl and the initial bullrush was what propelled Steel into space

Why would a bloodlusted Superman blitz his opponent a thousand times slower than he could? Its difficult to tell how much distance he covered in space but to low-ball it as no more than 20meters is ridiculous giving how fast he can move... I don't think I have disagreed that the height JHI was punched wasn't at the thermosphere but no way is it over 500km above ground...

It's probably just cinematic timing, since nothing tells us that the bullrush Zod gave JHI was in real time, which makes your distance incredibility irrelevant since timing can vary here. And anyway, I already proved the 500KM thing.

Except he wasn't falling at a ridiculous speed. I can't think of any examples of Superman moving onscreen at 4 digit mach speed onscreen talkmore of it looking slow.. The visual evidence disagree with you that JHI fell at ridiculous speed, he didn't even crater the ground.

That actually has a pretty logical solution, and that is that the energy would have been spent sending JHI that distance, because most of it would have already gone by him moving at that speed. Normally the craters in those kind of feats are created to indicate that the character could have moved much further because the energy was still enough to make a crater.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crapser said:

@johndeyvido:

The place where Superman hit JHI is absolutely comparable with the thermosphere, and also with the ISS (provided by you), you can also easily see the similitudes due to the clouds, but if you need even stronger proof, here's a picture taken from the ISS compared to where Superman hit JHI.

No one has said its not the thermosphere, IDK why you keep repeating it... The pictures are not comparable..

are you talking about the bullrush? Doesn't really matter, the picture above shows that even after that Superman was easily 400KM above the ground.

It doesn't though.... The two pictures are not even comparable..

I'm talking about Superman not necessarily pushing Steel up there, and this makes a lot more sense when you realize that JHI had his hammer even after the first bullrush. This also makes it unlikely that there was a scuffle, as Zod would have easily taken the KE Hammer off JHI's hands in a CQC Battle. So chances are there was no brawl and the initial bullrush was what propelled Steel into space

Who said he pushed him up there? definitely not me...all I said was we can't tell if a single punch/impact from ground level sent him into space. We see him multiple times punch JHI upwards and the maximum height was cloud level so it's unlikely that Clark punched him from ground level into space and there's no way the bullrush we saw before it gets cut off can propelled him into space.

It's probably just cinematic timing, since nothing tells us that the bullrush Zod gave JHI was in real time, which makes your distance incredibility irrelevant since timing can vary here. And anyway, I already proved the 500KM thing.

So everything that doesn't support your own argument is probably cinematic timing? So the bullrush we saw from start to finish is not in real time but the fall that was cut is in real time?

That actually has a pretty logical solution, and that is that the energy would have been spent sending JHI that distance, because most of it would have already gone by him moving at that speed. Normally the craters in those kind of feats are created to indicate that the character could have moved much further because the energy was still enough to make a crater.

Why are you contradicting yourself? You Claimed he fell from space in 2 seconds and had a velocity of ~250km/s but at the same time you are now saying most of the energy is gone by the time he hit the ground... Make up your mind, its either he fell from space in 2 seconds or its cinematic timing you can't have it both ways...

Crapser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido:

The pictures are not comparable..

Ye I ain't responding to the rest, you are just in denial here.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crapser:

Lmao....Oh the irony.... You are a walking contradiction, mate. You are saying on one hand that Superman's bullrush is powerful enough to send JHI upwards into space from ground level but still weak to only move him a couple of meters in space.. which is it?

This conversation is dead anyways since you can't even decide how powerful you think Superman bullrush is ...