CW Oliver replaces Steve here - can he survive?

• 107 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

modernww2fare  Online

Poll CW Oliver replaces Steve here - can he survive? (111 votes)

Yes 41%
No 59%
No Caption Provided

• 
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. His durability might even be better than Cap's at this point.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tj849
No Caption Provided

Slade KOed him with this punch. Several punches with Buckys bionic arm kills Oliver, so no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he dies.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f
deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is a superhuman, Oliver is not.

The answer is obvious, Oliver can't, the bionic arm strikes too hard for his head.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is obvious, Oliver can't, the bionic arm strikes too hard for his head.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum said:

What does that have anything to do with this? Despite not being superhuman, Oliver has tanked hits just as powerful if not more multiple times.

Avatar image for green_ballerina
Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dear lord no

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Can you show me some of these feats?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Oliver's durabiltiy is just bad compared to Steve's
Damn the number 1 fanboy already arrived quickly.

I am just gonna go ahead and tag the second one so I can laugh even more.

@nickzambuto@the_hajduk Not sure if you already decided, which one you gonna use more frequently thats why I am tagging both of your accounts.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Can you show me some of these feats?

For starters, he has tanked multiple hits from several Mirakuru users, whose striking feats surpass that of Buck's. He took a backhand from a Dominator to his face(that sent him flying over 20 ft) and outright no sold it. He fell about 6-10 second dead drop after being stabbed in the chest and didn't break a single bone. Took a hit from Overgirl that was powerful enough to send him crashing clean through multiple wooden boxes(this knocked him out though for a few seconds).

There are a couple of feats that surpass any feat of Cap as well.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:
@rbt said:

I can see a case made for Cap being more durable, but it's very close either way. Not really worthy of ... ing tbh.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Please show me striking feats that Mirakuru users have that are above Buck's. If the strike from the Dominator sent him 20 ft or over, that doesn't seem like no-selling it to me. It seems rather like he tanked the hit. While that is impressive I don't see how it is much better than tanking this.

No Caption Provided

A 6-10 second drop is impressive, I'd like to see a GIF or video of that feat. Cap does have a similar and better feat through.

No Caption Provided

A hit the only sent him flying through a couple of wooden boxes is unimpressive compared to this.

No Caption Provided

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wasn't Bucky able to casually break through concrete with his punches?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince:

Please show me striking feats that Mirakuru users have that are above Buck's. If the strike from the Dominator sent him 20 ft or over, that doesn't seem like no-selling it to me. It seems rather like he tanked the hit.

Getting ragdolled by a hit has to do with strength, not with durability. He showed absolutely no signs of being hurt and was perfectly fine 3 seconds after the hit. Sounds like no selling to me.

Loading Video...

While that is impressive I don't see how it is much better than tanking this.

Cap was bullrushed by a Ultron bot. Oliver was bullrushed by Overgirl and Atom on different occasions.

A 6-10 second drop is impressive, I'd like to see a GIF or video of that feat. Cap does have a similar and better feat through.

Loading Video...

He was kicked from the cliff(where the sword was). He was falling dead and he did not break a single bone in his body. How is Cap's feat of jumping in the ocean even comparable to this?

A hit the only sent him flying through a couple of wooden boxes is unimpressive compared to this.

Missing the context. Kara punched Oliver. He took that force on his chest. Steve blocked the nade on his shield. And was knocked out by that. Regardless, Oliver has a much better feat-

Loading Video...

Damian and Oliver were below the city hall. Damian blasted him from sub level to the pavement destroying a huge amount of pavement. And Oliver got up in three seconds. Only to be hit back again. And he kept coming back.

Back on topic, Buck's hits does not even compare to half of these. Oliver survives just fine.

JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Mirakuru user striking feats that surpass Bucky? Where?

On topic: As much as I love Arrow, multiple punches to the face from the guy that easily punches through concrete and damages Iron Mans armor.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince: I forgot to adress the Mirakuru part-

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Which of these striking feats are above Bucky's? Like I said, he could damage Iron Man's armor. Iron Man's armor in Iron Man 1 almost no-sold a shot from a tank. In Avengers 1 he stood up to Thor for a while. Thor was arguably holding back a lot but still. Yes, he had a different armor in Civil War, but why should it be weaker. As for the last scan: Bucky most likely cannot lift a car but that doesn't mean, his striking power is inferior. (On a side note, where are these scans from? I only watch the Arrow TV series, are there tie-in comics?)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b52676c320
deactivated-5a2b52676c320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Slade knocked him out cold. Bucky would kill him.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RBT

@janjukbma: The bomb container feat is clearly superior. And by a decent margin at that. Iron Man's CW suit got matched/overpowered by Bucky thrice during their fight scenes. It was clearly weaker than Avengers suit. Slade punching a hole in a guy's chest is also better, IMO.

Those scans are from tie in comics. There are about 50 of them. Majority of them take place during S1 and rest between S2 and 3.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: That simply isn't how I define no-selling, this is what I think no-selling is.

No Caption Provided

You say that GA was bull-rushed by Atom and Overgirl, can you show me a GIF or video to prove you point?

Cap's fall is more impressive since he fell from a much greater distance than GA did.

The Supergirl thing is impressive, was there any context behind that hit?

Wasn't GA powered up by magic when he toke those hits from Damain?

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I see the striking feats but I haven't seen tank any hits from said characters.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince:

That simply isn't how I define no-selling, this is what I think no-selling is.

And Superman is only able to do that because he is strong enough to stand his ground. Oliver isn't. So while no selling might not be an accurate term, Oliver did not take any damage. He shrugged it off.

You say that GA was bull-rushed by Atom and Overgirl, can you show me a GIF or video to prove you point?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Cap's fall is more impressive since he fell from a much greater distance than GA did.

I don't think the feats are even comparable. Oliver was falling dead. He wasn't actively adjusting his position to get a better landing. Plus there is the fact that he landed on rock instead of water. Before you say landing on water is extremely painful. It is. For an untrained person. The current world record for high jumping into water is 200ft where the guy hit the water at 123 kmph. Terminal velocity of a free falling body is 193 kmph.

The Supergirl thing is impressive, was there any context behind that hit?

Yes. Kara wasn't trying to kill him.

Wasn't GA powered up by magic when he toke those hits from Damain?

No. He, later in the fight, was able to nullify Damian's powers on him because of power of love(its worse than it sounds). He wasn't physically amped in any way.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I see the striking feats but I haven't seen tank any hits from said characters.

Loading Video...

The scene on boat are with Mirakuru Slade. Current is cured Slade.

Oliver took a few hits from Caleb Green as well(the guy who lifted and smashed the cop car). I only had those two scans. I'll see if I can find some.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Fair enough, you've convinced me that GA should be able to survive Buck's onslaught of blows. I think he will probably be knocked out but he will definitely survive.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Fair enough, you've convinced me that GA should be able to survive Buck's onslaught of blows. I think he will probably be knocked out but he will definitely survive.

Thanks and agreed.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto@the_hajduk Not sure if you already decided, which one you gonna use more frequently thats why I am tagging both of your accounts.

Don't tag users into threads to antagonize them/start drama. This is unnecessary.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Oliver has gotten ok by less.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GCA

Wait what ? Of course not.

The first punch kills him.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no. You can ask the writers of Arrow themeselves and they probably also think Steve is far more durable than Ollie

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849 said:
No Caption Provided

Slade KOed him with this punch. Several punches with Buckys bionic arm kills Oliver, so no.

Slade didn't KO him with just one punch. First he hip slammed Oliver into the cement. Then he punched Oliver square between his eyes. I think you are underestimating how devastating that attack actually was, Captain America would have been knocked out too, if he didn't defend himself at all and just allowed it to happen. That's because a perfectly executed hip slam (onto cement) is probably enough to incapacitate anybody who isn't massively superior to you physically (and Slade and Steve are at least relative to each other, neither has a huge strength advantage) but then squarely punching them between the eyes, which is one of the best knock out points, just adds to that.

This is a false equivalence because Bucky's punches did not employ this level of skill. They were just wild swings. Oliver has taken wild swings from Solomon Grundy and Mirakuru Roy, so yes he can take wild swings from the Winter Soldier.

@lord_spectrum said:

Guess what. Kururin and Tenshinhan are humans, Saitama is a human, Cloud Strife is a human, Karate Kid is a human. Spider-Man is a superhuman, but Spider-Man gets fodderized by any of them physically. Just being a superhuman by label means nothing. Oliver has already taken wild swings from Solomon Grundy and Mirakuru Roy, so he can take the same wild swings coming from Winter Soldier.

@angeljax said:
@rbt said:

I think we can all reasonably agree that Green Arrow has better high end feats, but Captain America is more consistent. So this just comes down to your perspective. There's no right or wrong answer here, it just depends on whether you consider characters to be at their best potential on the battle board, or if you only go with their average.

You're mean. Nobody is going to want to discuss anything with you if you have an attitude like that.

Wasn't Bucky able to casually break through concrete with his punches?

Well Mirakuru Roy and Solomon Grundy have both done the same thing, except their high end feats are even better, and Oliver withstood their hits well enough.

@rbt: Please show me striking feats that Mirakuru users have that are above Buck's. If the strike from the Dominator sent him 20 ft or over, that doesn't seem like no-selling it to me. It seems rather like he tanked the hit. While that is impressive I don't see how it is much better than tanking this.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
  1. Steve was lifted into the air and thrown by the Ultron bot. That's why he traveled such a distance. Still a strong attack but Oliver was simply punched in the chest hard enough to fly off his feet and more than 30 feet through the air. That is why the Dominator feat is superior.
  2. Steve did land in water. Oliver landed on rock. Again Oliver's feat comes out better.
  3. I really never understood why people thought that was so impressive. He blocked the grenade, so he didn't take any damage until he hit the car. The only damage he would take is from hitting the car, with just the residual force from being propelled. When Oliver was struck by the Dominator, he flew the same distance, but that was actually him being struck, not thrown or pushed. Then Steve crashes through a window a couple stories below, why is that impressive? Oliver can fall from a couple stories no problem, and breaking a glass window isn't exactly impressive. The fact that Steve fell unconscious from this is a low showing IMO.
@the_kidd said:

No, Oliver has gotten ok by less.

That's true but this is just a matter of perspective. What logic do you go with? Characters are always at their best potential, or characters are only at their average? I ask because I think it's agreeable to at least say Oliver has the best high end feats. If you think high end feats don't matter and only consistency matters, I completely understand. I just fundamentally disagree and believe that characters should be at whatever their best potential is.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@thespartanb345t said:
@rbt said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Look, if the best debate you have to offer is a picture with a word on it, don't tag me. You're wasting both our time and bandwidth. Not trying to be an asshole or anything, but I'd rather debate with someone with a little more tact than that.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@jayc1324 said:
@thespartanb345t said:
@rbt said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Look, if the best debate you have to offer is a picture with a word on it, don't tag me. You're wasting both our time and bandwidth. Not trying to be an asshole or anything, but I'd rather debate with someone with a little more tact than that.

They'll stumble, but soon they will join us in the sun RBT.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Honestly I don't know. By all rights he should not be able too but he as some major PIS on him.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk:

They'll stumble, but soon they will join us in the sun RBT.

It has already begun.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@jayc1324 said:
@thespartanb345t said:
@rbt said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

What a joke. Here is Oliver being KTFO in one hit by a regular human. This would neverhappen to Cap. Comparing Oliver to Cap on a physical level, besides speed, is laughable. Any instance of Oliver having a durability feat that would put him on Cap's level is inconsistent, PIS, CW garbage.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

What a joke. Here is Oliver being KTFO in one hit by a regular human. This would neverhappen to Cap. Comparing Oliver to Cap on a physical level, besides speed, is laughable.

And that right there proves you are looking for nothing but lowballing here. Slade and Ollie were working together in that scene and the reason Oliver got knocked out was because he wanted to find out where other members of his team were being kept.

But hey, screw context, right?

If you want to do lowballing, I am game.

Steve got knocked out after Buck pushed him through the elevator door and he feel about 20ft. Oliver took an explosion to the face, fell over 20 ft and wasn't hurt by the fall. Oliver>>Steve.

Any instance of Oliver having a durability feat that would put him on Cap's level is inconsistent, PIS, CW garbage.

Sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@jayc1324:

And that right there proves you are looking for nothing but lowballing here. Slade and Ollie were working together in that scene and the reason Oliver got knocked out was because he wanted to find out where other members of his team were being kept.

But hey, screw context, right?

Why does it matter? He still got knocked out. You can't force yourself to be knocked out. Just because Oliver let Slade hit him doesn't mean it doesn't count. It'd take Slade dozens of hits to KO Cap. He would never be put down like that.

If you want to do lowballing, I am game.

It's not lowballing, it is pointing out that one character is wildly inconsistent while the other isn't...

And this is a level Oliver constantly operates at too. It's not the only time he is taken out by such weak means. So quit your whining.

Steve got knocked out after Buck pushed him through the elevator door and he feel about 20ft. Oliver took an explosion to the face, fell over 20 ft and wasn't hurt by the fall. Oliver>>Steve.

We just gonna ignore Oliver getting impaled? Lmao. There is no need to compare feats like that when they are obviously inconsistent, and Oliver has a bunch of human level feats, which is where his normal power level is at. Considering he's, ya know, human. You have to cherry pick feats to put him on Cap's level, whereas Cap always operates at a superhuman level.

Any instance of Oliver having a durability feat that would put him on Cap's level is inconsistent, PIS, CW garbage.

Sure.

You know it's true. You know darn well Oliver is as inconsistent as they come. Do I need to bring up him being restrained by a random mook in the season 6 premiere? The guy who beat Ra's al Ghul was taken down by a random thug. Oliver is wildly inconsistent and you know it. Or him and his team randomly being solo'd by Anarky? To cherry pick his msot high end feats and say he is more durable than Cap, a man who went hand to hand with Iron Man, is crazy.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

CW Arrow is omnipotent strikes again

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RBT

@jayc1324:

Why does it matter? He still got knocked out. You can't force yourself to be knocked out. Just because Oliver let Slade hit him doesn't mean it doesn't count. It'd take Slade dozens of hits to KO Cap. He would never be put down like that

He was playing along. Read it on repeat until you understand what it means.

We just gonna ignore Oliver getting impaled? Lmao.

Still didn't get KOed. Steve got knocked out by a 20ft fall. Oliver has fell over 20 ft multiple times and has not been KOed. Oliver>>Steve. Steve is less durable than a normal human. gg.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@jayc1324:

Why does it matter? He still got knocked out. You can't force yourself to be knocked out. Just because Oliver let Slade hit him doesn't mean it doesn't count. It'd take Slade dozens of hits to KO Cap. He would never be put down like that

He was playing along. Read it on repeat until you understand what it means.

Why does it matter? He still got knocked out. You can't force yourself to be knocked out. Just because Oliver let Slade hit him doesn't mean it doesn't count. It'd take Slade dozens of hits to KO Cap. He would never be put down like that.

Example: If I'm "playing along" with a five year old, and let them hit me in the face, it is going to take a ton of hits to actually KO me. The person doing the hitting still has to have the strength to KO me.

We just gonna ignore Oliver getting impaled? Lmao.

Still didn't get KOed. Steve got knocked out by a 20ft fall. Oliver has fell over 20 ft multiple times and has not been KOed. Oliver>>Steve. Steve is less durable than a normal human. gg.

Loading Video...

Show me what makes you think Steve was knocked out in this video. Otherwise you are lying and have no evidence.