• 61 results
Posted by Nw52 (166 posts) 2 years, 2 months ago

Poll: CW Best villain: Savitar vs Prometheus (78 votes)

Savitar 22%
Prometheus 77%

Who has been the better villain this season? Flash's Savitar or Arrow's Prometheus?

No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by MrClarky1 (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go Prometheus, he's turning into my favourite villain since Deathstroke and the reverse flash.

#2 Edited by WF_Mxyzptlk (6794 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus > Greasy Megatron.

#3 Edited by Royal_Warrior (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

Savitar is extremely dull now and his scenes are now always chess ey, "you made me flash" like I haven't heard that before

It seems they just change a speedsters name and have him sprout the same bullshit on why he hates flash

I was 50/50 on Prometheus but after that last episode it solidifies him as top 5 villian in the arrow verse maybe even higher

#4 Posted by uugieboogie (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabotage is extremely dull now and his scenes are now always chess ey, "you made me flash" like I haven't heard that before

It seems they just change a speedsters name and have him sprout the same bullshit on why he hates flash

I was 50/50 on Prometheus but after that last episode it solidifies him as top 5 villian in the arrow verse maybe even higher

#5 Posted by foxerdes (10263 posts) - - Show Bio

Savitar for me, barely. I'd prefer to wait for season finale.

#6 Posted by TheSuperor (6842 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus. He is probably the third best Arrovwverse villain, whereas Savitar is among the worst so far.

#7 Edited by Thorthunder98 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

@royal_warrior said:

Savitar is extremely dull now and his scenes are now always chess ey, "you made me flash" like I haven't heard that before

So true and it's always something about future Barry doing something to them just repetitive now

EDIT: Also just seen last nights Arrow episode and the preview for next weeks and Prometheus takes this by far he's easily one of the best villains on CW shows

#8 Posted by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus by far, he's my favorite villain in the Arrowverse, but I'm still disappointed that he isn't superior to Ollie in combat, kinda the point of the main villain, but whatever.

#9 Posted by modernww2fare (7142 posts) - - Show Bio

Savitar's so generic, so Prometheus I guess

#10 Posted by lubub55 (12946 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus.

#11 Posted by Rag_man (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

Both these carbon copy villians are are getting exhausting... Bring back Deathstroke and Mr Freeze.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#12 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16662 posts) - - Show Bio

Savitar is literally the definition of a generic villain. Adrian easily.

#13 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus without hesitation.

#14 Posted by Stormdriven (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: Being superior to the hero in combat is not the point of a main villain at all

#15 Posted by Stormdriven (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus, and it isn't close at all. I'll wait to see how he finishes the season, but he might be the best Arrow villain, narrowly beating out Manu Bennett's Deathstroke.

#16 Posted by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven: every villain so far has been superior to Ollie, and has pushed him to his limit, and that's what I enjoyed about Arrow, I hate that Prometheus isn't superior to Oliver. I can't tell if he's holding back because he doesn't want to kill Oliver, but it doesn't seem like he is, but he did imply it in the episode.

#17 Edited by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven: I guess at the end of the day, Oliver is truly the most skilled human in the Arrowverse by far, I really hope for the final season *probably season 7* they use Constantin Drakon, because he is one of the most skilled people in DC and BY FAR Olivers deadliest opponent, and that garbage security guard from episode 1 will never be acceptable.

For next season I hope they either do Talia, but she might be beaten this season, I'm not sure, or Onomatopoeia.

#18 Posted by zaied (7227 posts) - - Show Bio

Savitar sucks.

#19 Posted by Thedarkking25 (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

@zaied: season not even over wait

#20 Posted by Stormdriven (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: It doesn't matter that every other main villain has been a better fighter, the main villain doesn't HAVE to be. That's not the point of a main villain. You're too concerned with Battle forum material, when the show runners couldn't give less of a shit about it.

It doesn't matter how stupid it was for them to introduce Drakon so early and so stupidly, they've already wasted him. No point bringing him around now.

#21 Edited by Lawz (893 posts) - - Show Bio

I think both these villains have been absolutely superb this season.

I voted for Prometheus but it was a close thing. I especially like the in your face attitude Prometheus has taken since his character reveal. Absolutely savage.

The Arrowverse delivers when it comes to villains (for the most part).

#22 Posted by TheSuperor (6842 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: They could and should introduce Richard Dragon for the final season. They have already wasted Drakon and Dragon would be even more of a threat to Ollie

And Onomatopoeia would be dope for next season

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#23 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7567 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just waiting for the rest of the decepticons try to kill the flash where he's eventually saved by Shia Laboef

Prometheus not even close

#24 Edited by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: Richard Dragon *besides Batman 1 Million and Karate Kid* is the most skilled person in all of DC, Id love to see him as the final villain, but is he a villain? Thought he was a good guy. But we all know Ollie would beat him, he's Oliver freakin Queen :P

#25 Posted by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven: yes I like martial arts. It's pretty obvious, but I still like seeing Oliver having to improve to win.

And if Drakon isn't the final villain, who would be, Richard Dragon? That would be awesome, but what about Onomatopoeia, he should be next seasons villain.

#26 Edited by Stormdriven (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: I like martial arts too, but I at least understand that not every villain has to be a master martial artist. The majority of Batman's villains aren't master martial artists, or would even stand a ghost of a chance against him in a fist fight, yet he has one of the best rogues galleries in all of comics. It's not just about how good you can fight.

And Onomatopoeia would be a good villain.

#27 Posted by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@rag_man: Prometheus is only the second archer main antagonist Arrow has ever had out of five seasons....

#28 Edited by Gotoucanario (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

Savitar has been awful, his cool factor came from beng so much stronger than barry and the rest but that menacing aura died when Quick stabbed him during his constant monologuing

#29 Posted by the_stegman (40247 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus. He plays mind games, which I can respect.

Savitar is just all "Rawr, I will destroy you!!" Then he runs away.

#30 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

That's Prometheus? LOL

#32 Posted by Rag_man (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

@rag_man: Prometheus is only the second archer main antagonist Arrow has ever had out of five seasons....

Not if you count Nyssa Al Ghul and Cupid.

#33 Posted by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@rag_man: I don't. Neither of them have been central antagonists.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
#34 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (10301 posts) - - Show Bio

Eobard Thawne and Deathstroke were my 2 favorite CW villains. Zooms voice was stupid and I didn't like how much they changed the character, Savitar is nothing new. Raas Al Ghul wasn't bad, Malcom Merlyn was pretty great. I didn't love Damien. I haven't watched since the crossover event but I plan to catch up after Iron fist.

#35 Edited by buildhare (8716 posts) - - Show Bio

Have seen the entire season of Flash and only an episode of Arrow and it's obvious Prometheus is a better villain. Although what was that line delivery with "It's not that simple"? He spoke perfectly fine in every other Prometheus scene but that was full cringe.

#36 Posted by johanshieh (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus. Savitar is ok, he is a big threat only because Barry is acting stupid all the time.

#37 Posted by TheSuperor (6842 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: Dragon was first introduced as a thief and more often than not he has been the bad guy of the story. He is often affiliated with the League of Assassins and has close partnerships with Bronze Tiger and Lady Shiva, so he is not exactly a good guy.

And since Arrow has already introduced BT and the League I'm sure they can find a way to introduce Dragon too. Too bad that Bronze Tiger is dead in the Arrowverse cause that would be an awesome partnership to watch on screen..

#38 Posted by Rag_man (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

@rag_man: I don't. Neither of them have been central antagonists.

Even if you don't 2 BIG Bosses that are archers in 5 seasons is boring and uninspired writing in my book.

#39 Edited by mrmonster (15634 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus 100%.

To me, Savitar is just an okay villain. I mean, yeah he's scary, but not as scary as Zoom and Reverse Flash.

However, after last week's episode, Prometheus became my new favorite Arrow villain. When he said "I'm 10 steps ahead of you, and you don't even know what game we're playing yet." solidified him as better than Malcolm and Slade. I get major Joker vibes from him now. Plus, that scene where he killed his wife, while being completely predictable, was still great.

#40 Posted by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: unfortunately, Bronze Tiger, even if he was alive he would get destroyed by current Ollie, even s2 Ollie was more skilled than him, it's a shame he's nowhere near as good as he is in the comics. Hopefully Richard Dragon is the final villain, either that or they just pretend that security guard Drakon never happened and end up using the actual awesome Drakon

#41 Edited by USSJ3071 (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

the entire season of the flash has been about barry's own mistakes, messing with time, not handling loss and letting fear drive his decisions. and indeed the whole series. the speed force warned him. everyone warned him. and now look.

that is why savitar is the best villain of the whole series so far. he finally breaks barry and turns him into an emo dark version of himself

#42 Posted by Thedarkking25 (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

@ussj3071: this lol idk what special about Prometheus he's good but he's just doing mind games and getting his ass wooped while SAVITAR broke the flash and wooped his ass like it's noting

#43 Posted by nfactor1995 (12947 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus definitely

#44 Posted by Super_ninja (3600 posts) - - Show Bio

Savitar.

#45 Posted by Thedarkking25 (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

Savitsr but of course Prometheus is winning

#46 Posted by Green_Tea (10541 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus.

Savitar is just.....ugh I don't find him that captivating as a villain, even after the reveal.

#47 Posted by Komboing (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

The reveal of Savitar makes him like 10x better, but Prometheus is still the best villain in the Arrowverse imo

#48 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18481 posts) - - Show Bio

Savitar is a terrible antagonist in my opinion so I have to go with prometheus.

#49 Posted by lubub55 (12946 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus in a landslide.

#50 Posted by Rubear (4651 posts) - - Show Bio