• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Dogzee (528 posts) 2 months, 12 days ago

Poll: Could this explosion kill Doomsday? (61 votes)

TOAA is humored. 13%
He adapts and oneshots planets now. 21%
Leaves him on the verge of death until he adapts a--- 3%
Yes. 48%
Maybe. 15%

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
#1 Posted by ZacharyTheGray (18 posts) - - Show Bio

That would tickle goku

#2 Posted by DeathandGrim (4836 posts) - - Show Bio

movie doomsday? I dunno didn't seem like excessive explosions hurt him in BVS

Comic Doomsday? LOL no

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#3 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16635 posts) - - Show Bio

He adapts and one shots 🙂

#4 Posted by DammeFavour (8466 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably. That seems way more powerful than a nuke

#5 Posted by LuminousHydra (676 posts) - - Show Bio

All that is going to do is force him to adapt and become 1000x stronger. It's not going to put him down lmao.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
#6 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing how that explosion didn't even completely destroy Asgard (you can still see large chunks) I think Doomsday can survive it.

#7 Posted by Amcu (16931 posts) - - Show Bio

This attack obliterated the whole of Asgard which includes entire mountain ranges. Doomsday would be vaporized into dust.

#8 Edited by Heatforce (6290 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe but surviving that attack wouldn't be planet level so not sure why that's an option 🤷‍♂️

#9 Posted by Dogzee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

This attack obliterated the whole of Asgard which includes entire mountain ranges. Doomsday would be vaporized into dust.

Kryptonians are more durable than mountains and I see plenty of large chunks of undestroyed rocks.

#10 Posted by phisigmatau (1997 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

yeah these ppl are crazy. didn't a nuke kill him? I dont get this place sometimes
plus i hate lookin at that rendition of doomsday, thats not doomsday thats an insult

#11 Posted by Dogzee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

yeah these ppl are crazy. didn't a nuke kill him? I dont get this place sometimes

plus i hate lookin at that rendition of doomsday, thats not doomsday thats an insult

Go play pokemon and stop hating

#12 Posted by phisigmatau (1997 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by algorhythm511 (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

He might. We know he can survive a nuke, but a that is continent level+.

#14 Edited by Aqualion0 (2131 posts) - - Show Bio

Tbh mcu Thor would tank it.

#15 Posted by Dogzee (528 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by APEX_pretador (21030 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday I'm your doom

#17 Edited by Nervedamage (837 posts) - - Show Bio

@algorhythm511:

A nuke is not continental. What?

#18 Posted by MainJP (6238 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday is atomized.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#19 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

He's gonna be only exposed to a fraction of it given his size, assuming he's on the surface and not in the epic center. I'd say there is a possibility that he could survive, but the most likely outcome is: instant vaporization.

Edit: it's important to note that Asgard is a country-sized planetary body, and no amount of nukes on Earth can even come anywhere near close to destroying the whole landmass.

No Caption Provided

#20 Posted by algorhythm511 (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@algorhythm511:

A nuke is not continental. What?

Nukes at best, and we're talking about Tsar Bomba, would be country level (like France). The strongest the US has in their arsenal is about 1.2 MT which is city busting.

#22 Edited by Nervedamage (837 posts) - - Show Bio

@algorhythm511: No nuclear weapons have been shown to destroy a continent xD

Not even the Tsar Bomba, and France is not a continent, continent and countries aren't even the same.

#23 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12747 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, he dead

#24 Posted by algorhythm511 (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@algorhythm511: No nuclear weapons have been shown to destroy a continent xD

Not even the Tsar Bomba, and France is not a continent, continent and countries aren't even on the same scale.

Yeah, that is what I'm saying, the Tsar Bomba is about small country level. lol

#25 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@algorhythm511: No, the Tsar-Bomba isn't country level, it's city level. Even at its peak (100 MT), it still wouldn't come close to destroying the total surface of France which ain't even mountain level, not even remotely close. And destroying the whole landmass and its entirety as in completely erasing France from the face of the Earth (f.e like Surtur did to Asgard) requires a ludicrous amount of energy than mountain busting (Asgard landmass had more than a dozen mountain on it, it was pretty damn large). Hell, you can combine our planet's entire nuclear aresonal and it still won't be enough to destroy a planetoid the size of Asgard, not even close.

No Caption Provided

#26 Posted by LuminousHydra (676 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard was city level. He would just get a lot more powerful from this attack.

#28 Posted by algorhythm511 (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

You're right. I should have said large city level (multi-building?). My mistake.

But, I'm saying a nuke is much less powerful than the energy that it took to destroy Asgard. I've never argued they are equivalent. So, I agree with you.

@algorhythm511: No, the Tsar-Bomba isn't country level. Even at its peak (100 MT), it still wouldn't come close to destroying the total surface of France which ain't even mountain level, not even remotely close. And destroying the whole landmass and its entirety as in completely erasing France from the face of the Earth (f.e like Surtur did to Asgard) requires a ludicrous amount of energy than mountain busting (Asgard landmass had more than a dozen mountain on it, it was pretty damn large). Hell, you can combine our planet's entire nuclear aresonal and it still won't be enough to destroy a large mountain let alone a planetoid the size of Asgard.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#29 Edited by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4115 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU wankers's Doomsday adapts and oneshots the whole of fiction.

DCEU Doomsday gets atomized.

#30 Posted by Richubs (4921 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot adapt to vaporisation.

#31 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@luminoushydra: I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, man. The nuke Doomsday no-sold had a yield of 300 kt which is less than a half megaton, meaning it's billions of times less powerful than a country busting explosion, lol. Literally incomparable. It's like saying if I can no-sell a car busting explosion I can walk through the tsar bomba. Ya feel me?

#32 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman said:

Asgard was city level. He would just get a lot more powerful from this attack.

Lol no. That explosion is a lot more powerful than city level, Asgard contained more than a dozen mountain. City-busting doesn't even come close. Likewise, Asgard is country-sized, not city sized.

A side note: ROFL at Thor tanking Asgard's explosion.

#33 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@algorhythm511: I'm aware. I was just correcting the part in which you mentioned the Tsar Bomba being country level.

#34 Posted by Skrskr (3558 posts) - - Show Bio

https://history.nasa.gov/conghand/nuclear.htm

Just gonna leave this here, since the nuke exploded in space using actual data from nasa Clark and doomsday only experienced radiation from the bomb. Nukes in space do not produce a blast and does not produce any thermal radiation (the fireball)

Also if you look up operation starfish (high altitude nuclear tests) you will see that nukes when blown up in extremely high altitudes create crazy auroras much like the bvs scene.

So Snyder did his research

The nuke feat was a feat for radiation alone which is why Superman was all dried up and not burnt and just floating in space and not flying away from the blast at the same speed the blast happened.

Doomsday gets one shot

#35 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest:

Lol no. That explosion is a lot more powerful than city level, Asgard contained more than a dozen mountain. City-busting doesn't even come close. Likewise, Asgard is country-sized, not city sized.

I'm in a city with more than a dozen mountains right now. You can have mountains and still be city sized. Where does it say Asgard was country-sized? If there's proof of that somewhere I'll accept it. But Surtur is definitely not as big as a country and we see him covering a good portion of Asgard.

A side note: ROFL at Thor tanking Asgard's explosion.

Sokovia wasn't city level either.

#36 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman:

I'm in a city with more than a dozen mountains right now. You can have mountains and still be city sized. Where does it say Asgard was country-sized? If there's proof of that somewhere I'll accept it.

Check post #19.

But Surtur is definitely not as big as a country and we see him covering a good portion of Asgard.

Except the explosion in question wiped out the entire landmass including the mountains that were on the said landmass. That's beyond what you consider a city busting attack, f.e the Tsar-bomba at 100% capacity.

#37 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr said:

https://history.nasa.gov/conghand/nuclear.htm

Just gonna leave this here, since the nuke exploded in space using actual data from nasa Clark and doomsday only experienced radiation from the bomb. Nukes in space do not produce a blast and does not produce any thermal radiation (the fireball)

Also if you look up operation starfish (high altitude nuclear tests) you will see that nukes when blown up in extremely high altitudes create crazy auroras much like the bvs scene.

So Snyder did his research

The nuke feat was a feat for radiation alone which is why Superman was all dried up and not burnt and just floating in space and not flying away from the blast at the same speed the blast happened.

Doomsday gets one shot

We actually saw the fireball (at 1:36), the verse barely even pays any attention to real life physics. It reminds me of that nuclear missile that wiped out the entire Chitauri fleet that was located in deep space back during Avengers 1, the huge fireball was still visible from space and there was a massive amounts of concussive force.

#38 Edited by Gokluma (8809 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know

#39 Posted by ThunderPrince (7097 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

#40 Posted by Skrskr (3558 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: mcu does not equate dceu

that was the light show as explained by operation starfish and fishbowl high altitude nuclear tests.

If there was an explosion can you explain why Clark was just floating and not flying away from the blast radius?

#41 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr: Both don't follow physics, at least not the way we do, and by "we" I mean the real world. They have that in common.

that was the light show as explained by operation starfish and fishbowl high altitude nuclear tests.

That's.. a fireball, not just light, and it was expanding.

If there was an explosion can you explain why Clark was just floating and not flying away from the blast radius?

There was an explosion, clearly visible from the sky. A huge fireball, undeniable evidence. As for your question, idk, maybe it's the Earth's gravitational pull? Not that it matters or anything.

#42 Posted by yZone (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday conveys laughter in however way one of his species would. Any adapted kryptonian would survive really, along with Captain Marvel.

#43 Posted by Skrskr (3558 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: regardless, higher altitude means less fireball and blast in relation to the atmosphere.

If you choose to use real world physics to calc something as a feat I can use said physics to prove the feat as not impressive.

#44 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr: fair enough.

If you choose to use real world physics to calc something as a feat I can use said physics to prove the feat as not impressive.

I never said you can't. RL physics applies to the MCU/DCEU in some cases, but in the majority of cases? They don't.

#45 Posted by Skrskr (3558 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest:

Check post #19.

I did, nothing there says or proves it was country level. If anything it's designation as the capital of the nine realms lends more to it being a city than country within itself.

Except the explosion in question wiped out the entire landmass including the mountains that were on the said landmass. That's beyond what you consider a city busting attack, f.e the Tsar-bomba at 100% capacity.

I know that, I'm saying Surtur's size compared to the whole of Asgard is pretty clear, and he's covering up a good portion with just his mass. So I'm not sure how big Surtur is in his final moments, but I doubt it's country sized.

#48 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman: Is that so? Your eyes didn't catch the "mountainous country" part, like at all? It pretty much confirms Asgard's country-sized, whether it's small or not doesn't really matter, it had dozens of big ass mountains on it meaning the explosion in question would have been well-beyond city level to casually blow the entire landmass to smithereens, contrary to what your initial statement implies.

Edit:

I know that, I'm saying Surtur's size compared to the whole of Asgard is pretty clear, and he's covering up a good portion with just his mass. So I'm not sure how big Surtur is in his final moments, but I doubt it's country sized.

We've no idea how big he was, he was clearly continuously growing in size (@amcu wasn't this confirmed by the VFX team?). Not sure how that undermines the landmass being the size of a country tho. Care to elaborate?

#49 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd get vaporized.

#50 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: Not really, it was called a planet multiple times throughout the movie but that doesn't make it planetary. They could have just been describing the country as in the landscape outside the palace area. The size in relation to Surtur is much more telling to the actual size of Asgard and it doesn't look bigger than a city in that perspective, and that's assuming he grew bigger than when he stabbed Hela because I really doubt that was a country level feat at that point.

But either way, I don't see the explosion killing Doomsday. He feeds off energy and the nuke is his low end, he tanked it easily and the ensuing fireball and orbital re entry.