Could Tenzin have defeated the Red Lotus?

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aystarr
No Caption Provided

Avatar: Legend of Korra, Book 3 Episode 11

If P'Li had not interfered and the fight between tenzin and the other three members of the red lotus continued, do you think he stood a chance at defeating them or do you think they would've won regardless of Pli's assistance?.

Question 2: Since Tenzin kept them on their toes, do you think the Kataang children could've won if they stuck together rather than separate into a 1 vs 1 fights ?

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chloros: @vengefulshot: @rijehu: @byondeon: @masma94: @bigdreamer48:@aystarr: @anthp2000: @emmafrostxmen: @quinlan58: @crater_maker: @indomitableregal: @captain_narlowe: @king-ragnar: @stefano: @mialthefencer: @incursion2:@psi-bite234:@freestyler1999::@co-boss:@cpt_nice: @marvelfan1992: @viking1205: @thekeys: @mrgetmebodied: @thebuckaronatr: @shepardoakenprime: @arcus1: @darthfallax: @flashkings: @scarlet_wiccan: @supermanwithatan01: @sy8000: @djudgment: @tektonic: @mrmonster: @eslay03: @nathanthecynic: @geekryan: @cocacolaman: @thebooyzz: @worldsgreatest: @xzone:

@norrinboltagonprime21@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1@lvenger

@funsiized@ssj_god@jmarshmallow@arcus

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde@etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@gxrevolution96@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@primebonnick@gizmorino@rijehu@myerlanski@koays@useyourname@stormdriven@hypnosis@pirateking@mitcheii@deranged_midget@abyssdarkfire@hatemalingsia@arv993@dreadpool10@batking200@sirneko@loklegends@kingvenus@marvelfan1992@martinceld@therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007@darkdefender@hulkage@linark@just_banter@soduh2@justicethorpsylocke

@lukehero@xxxcarzellxxx@pierpat@zukolicious@jrazor@theavatarguruu@pooty@joewell

@amendment50: @king22@gothamciti: @tarutaru@kigretheviking: @gamejutsu

dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder@rbt

@rogueshadow@norrinboltagonprime21@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1@ssj_god@lvenger

@princearagorn1@homicidalmaniac@ssj_god

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@thebuckaronatr @crimson-feather @shepardoakenprime @jdogg @gunchar1@deathhero61@gothamciti@justicethorpsylocke itachus17@major_hellstrom@captain_narlowe

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Scarlet_Wiccan  Online

The Red Lotus would've eventually overwhelmed Tenzin.

Aang's children still would've lost the fight if they sticked together due to Bumi being a massive weaklink even with Tenzin as a MVP

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not.

Lets look at what tenzin was up against in that 3v1.

Ming depowered to 2 arms and launched some waterblasts and 2-3 ice projectiles.

Ghazan threw a couple of small rocks.

Zaheer tagged him with an air current.

This does not translate to beating an octoform ming, Ghazan actually using lava and Zaheer using his more powerful attacks like the mini tornadoe vs tonraq.

Sticking together would have just given ghazans lava more potency. They would have gotten wrecked just as hard.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He beat Zaheer who at that time was the weakest of the red lotus. Once the others showed up he most definitely surprised them in still being able to attack but he didn't really do any damage once we seen Ghazan again who looked fine. I think Tenzin was stronger than any of the three individually but really stood no chance against the whole crew even without P'li.

Now round 2. Bumi is useless. We just have to accept that. He dodged around Ghazan but it wasn't like he actually did anything to him. We already saw that Kya is just directly inferior to Ming Hua and I believe what we saw in the show would happen again with Bumi and Kya losing to their counterparts and Tenzin beating Zaheer but then having to deal with the other two plus a Zaheer who will probably get up again. Plus as was said by vengefulshot, Ghazan's lava would be better if they all stuck together.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Hm. Tenzin was completely schooling Zaheer before that blast from P'li. And even after that, he was handling his own 3-v-1 before P'li interfered again. So, could a completely uninjured/undamaged Tenzin have beaten them 3-v-1? Well here's the thing. I think Tenzin is higher on the Air hierarchy than any of them are on their respective elements. HOWEVER, I think they would've eventually overwhelmed him. But not a single one of them would've been unscathed.

2) Bumi is FAR below everyone else here, and Kya is low tier in terms of waterbenders. Would they have put up a better fight with even numbers? Of course. Especially if Tenzin can then focus more on wrecking Zaheer lol. But truth be told, they aren't enough help to overcome the 3 Lotus members. Especially considering the Lotus are accustomed to fighting as a unit, whereas Kya and Tenzin always had friction, and Bumi only just acquired his bending. So the Red Lotus still win.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: Ming wouldn't be in octoform, they are as the way they are in that scene, same location,same position and same condition.

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody was truly able to land hits on Tenzin until P'Li ambushed him. Assuming the fight continues but without her interference Zaheer is getting taken out of the equation. Ghazan and Ming aren't gonna be enough to overwhelm him and since he was still dodging them while getting in hits of his own I don't see why he couldn't do it uninterrupted.

In the family fight Kataang loses. Bumi sucks, Kya can hold her own but not for long and Tenzin will eventually fall because he's concerned for his siblings.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Tenzin holds his own for a bit like he does in the show but eventually gets overwhelmed. A serious Ming-Hua, Ghazan, and Zaheer would be much harder to take on than what was showed on screen. All of them also seem to have quite a bit of endurance, I think they would have eventually stepped their game up (especially Ghazan), and I just don't see him taking all three of them on at his best. He'll eventually get hit by one of them, and then the hits will keep coming in.

2. Red Lotus wins. Bumi II gets bested by any one of them. Kya holds her own for a bit, but eventually gets bested too. Tenzin can beat any one of them individually for sure, but I think, just as in Round 1, he'll eventually get tagged and taken down.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. Tenzin holds his own for a bit like he does in the show but eventually gets overwhelmed. A serious Ming-Hua, Ghazan, and Zaheer would be much harder to take on than what was showed on screen. All of them also seem to have quite a bit of endurance, I think they would have eventually stepped their game up (especially Ghazan), and I just don't see him taking all three of them on at his best. He'll eventually get hit by one of them, and then the hits will keep coming in.

2. Red Lotus wins. Bumi II gets bested by any one of them. Kya holds her own for a bit, but eventually gets bested too. Tenzin can beat any one of them individually for sure, but I think, just as in Round 1, he'll eventually get tagged and taken down.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anthp2000  Moderator

Ming Hua was still standing, and it is difficult to imagine her going down as easily as Ghazan and Zaheer, even if Tenzin had an adrenaline rush at some point. And let us not forget that the latter two weren't put down either, they were knocked down -- that'd be enough for a win if it were a 1 on 1 duel, but not a 3 on 1. Tenzin would have a hard time taking on the waterbender alone, especially in this condition.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, they would've beaten him eventually.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tektonic  Online

No he was already pretty injured from their previous attacks, they were just trying to capture him alive. Otherwise Ghazan could have just done this.

No Caption Provided

And no Bumi would be dispatched even easier if Ming and Zaheer are there leaving the Kataang family disadvantaged.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cocacolaman  Moderator

Definitely not. Tenzin's powerful (he's right up there with Toph) but he can't take on three high tier benders.

MrGetMeBodied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on at what point you are talking about. Do you mean while he was already on the ground and have been nearly hit by P'li already or no P'li at all. It seems like Tenzin was about to put the finishing blow on Zaheer already so he would just have to deal with Ming and Gahzan. Witch he would probably do well against but I don't see anyone bender taking on 3 RL at once. Not even Bumi. Maybe and Avatar in their primes could but I might still lean towards the RL.

As for Kya, Tenzin, and Bumi I could see them winning if Tenzin went all out and used his complete wind power to aid them. But I feel the RL might still have better team work. But I feel they still have a chance Bumi is a great distraction even if he isn't the greatest fighter/bender.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Nah. He did great for someone with one element but they were all too coordinated to never hit him

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Red Lotus would've eventually overwhelmed Tenzin.

Aang's children still would've lost the fight if they sticked together due to Bumi being a massive weaklink even with Tenzin as a MVP

I agree with this. Tenzin is great but not enough to take on three Red Lotus members.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenzin had a much better chance to beat them when he blasted all three with one wave and destroying a few statues during the process, if P'li hadn't intervened. In this particular scenario, he would have went down since he was already injured.

In the second scenario, trio would've still went down if P'li was there to snipe them. Even otherwise, it'd mostly end up in Tenzin vs trio since the weakest member of RL beat the second most powerful member of Kataang's kids.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he couldn't.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Basically what the majority has said.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205:

Even otherwise, it'd mostly end up in Tenzin vs trio since the weakest member of RL beat the second most powerful member of Kataang's kids.

Delete this before @anthp2000 sees it lol.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator

@aystarr said:

@viking1205:

Even otherwise, it'd mostly end up in Tenzin vs trio since the weakest member of RL beat the second most powerful member of Kataang's kids.

Delete this before @anthp2000 sees it lol.

I'm fairly sure Viking and I see eye to eye when it comes to the Red Lotus' members ranking. He's talking about Zaheer, not Ming Hua. They've both managed to take down my waifu Kya.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: oh, I thought they were talking about Ming lol, this site would've crashed with your fury.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nathanthecynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nathanthecynic

@indomitableregal said:

1) Hm. Tenzin was completely schooling Zaheer before that blast from P'li. And even after that, he was handling his own 3-v-1 before P'li interfered again. So, could a completely uninjured/undamaged Tenzin have beaten them 3-v-1? Well here's the thing. I think Tenzin is higher on the Air hierarchy than any of them are on their respective elements. HOWEVER, I think they would've eventually overwhelmed him. But not a single one of them would've been unscathed.

2) Bumi is FAR below everyone else here, and Kya is low tier in terms of waterbenders. Would they have put up a better fight with even numbers? Of course. Especially if Tenzin can then focus more on wrecking Zaheer lol. But truth be told, they aren't enough help to overcome the 3 Lotus members. Especially considering the Lotus are accustomed to fighting as a unit, whereas Kya and Tenzin always had friction, and Bumi only just acquired his bending. So the Red Lotus still win.

This.