You gotta love him in the movie Paul :)

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

As long as Benedict Cumberbatch can play Ultron's voice.

I don't care who plays Hank Pym.

Loading Video...

Orgasm through words...

..DAT VOICE

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lol I love when people do this. This is like when James Gunn was stung by a wasp earlier this week and people thought he was hinting at a Wasp cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy, nobody even stopped to think that he was actually stung by a real wasp :P

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By leokearon

Simon Pegg as Hank and Nick Frost as Scott Lang

But since they are English and English people nearly always play villains. Simon Pegg is Egghead and Nick Frost is Whirlwind

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'd like to see him as Scott, honestly.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ravisher

no please

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm glad Pegg isn't Ant-Man as although I love Pegg's acting, he isn't right to play Hank Pym or Scott Lang IMO. But I would love to see Pegg in a role in the Ant Man film. Now that would be awesome!

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

No I don't want it to be a parody, He could be in the film but defiantly not as Ant-Man

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By JamDamage

Edgar Wright has been being talked about having an Antman script for a few years. I don't care who writes it. I like Simon Pegg, but this isn't Star Trek. I want to say I don't want him as Antman, but I'm a film freak, and I have a hypothesis that comedians make the best actors.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nappystr8: I have seen movies with all black and Latino actors, and there's nothing wrong with that either. The idea that as a black or white man I need a character of my own race is just beyond silly and simply put...racist.

I get where you're coming from with your idea of making it more real world, but the problem is real is exactly opposite of what you're saying. The fact is the Avengers is made up almost entirely of Americans, and America is a white country. That's not racist, it's just a fact the country's population is mostly white, which means with such a low number of ethnic backgrounds the chances for a Asian hero is less then 1%. Superheroes are a rare breed, not everybody is gonna jump onto that bandwagon.

Now the matter of Wasp is simple, changing the image of the character means you have to change the actual comic counterpart to match the character's mainstream/general public. That caused a nightmare and poorly explained reason in Nick Fury's case, and if your idea is to use the ultimate Wasp, iit's just gonna cause even more problems.

The fact is there is no way or legit reasoning to HAVING to have a team of mixed races over a team of one race. It's just not important in anyway at all. The only thing that truly matters is to make sure girls have a role model who can truly inspire them onscreen(not that stupid movie Black widow), and it doesn't matter at ALL if a black or asian grows up idolizing a white woman as long as that herorine is worthy of such respect and love.

Sorry for the bad spelling, my damn touchscreen phone with it's lag is a pain...

Super_Phil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Simon Pegg is awesome, I would love it if he was antman

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By herrweis

Marvel is going overboard with producing movies.so much is going on that i fear it may be overload.and I fear for the quality of these films.the last time we got an over abundance of marvel films we got a lack luster elektra,daredevil,(2)hulk, fantastic four films.not to mention iron man 2 and the 3rd Spiderman films were not good.and the Thor and captain America films seemed rushed .DC may drag their feet but their films are usually of better quality . It almost seems like they are pushing for quantity ,just to have more and more films out there.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Wouldn't be surprised if he was, could think of worse choices to.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't think I can take Simon Pegg seriously as a giant. I could get into the whole him shrinking down and having an action movie with ants and maybe Ulysses Klaw as a villain (good way to have Black Panther cameo), but I can't see him being 60 feet tall and fighting Thanos.

Also, I'd prefer Hank Pym as the original Ant Man with Lang to follow in a sequel. If Marvel is having Tony Stark create Ultron, then I guess it doesn't really matter.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

@trevel8182: Funny that you post that using an image of a girl who is cosplaying the Ultimate U's Wasp...

@trevel8182: Wasp was Asian in the Ultimate universe

I wouldn't mind him as Hank...

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@sora_thekey: It's a good costume I just don't want the Wasp to be Nick Fury Jr'ed.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't the character he is pointing to in that picture O'Grady? Or did another Ant-Man take his place in the Secret Avengers after the launch of NOW? I haven't read any NOW stuff yet. Anyway, as insanely stupid as I believe it would be for Marvel to focus an Ant-Man movie around O'Grady, that character was known as the Irredeemable Ant-Man, and Pegg's previous roles may warrant him to play such a character. However, I don't think anyone, even the people who make movies, etc. that piss off the fans, would be dumb enough to focus the movie around O'Grady. It'll probably be Pym. That would be the safest bet. Though Pegg probably isn't in the movie at all, he may be a supporting character, but I predict he won't have the lead role. Anyway, I too have heard rumors of Nathan Fillion playing Pym, but I think he now looks a bit too old. Sorry, Fillion, love what you're doing.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

I think he could make a good villain for the film.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty doubtful he'd be Hank Pym, but would love to see what they would cast him as. Agree he should be a villain though... I don't want to see Pegg as another sidekick in a major 'summer' movie.

But heeyyyyy... you know... if you're going to pull in Pegg.... can we grab Nick Frost while we're at it? Make him a dumpy SHIELD agent or something... the modern day Dum Dum Dugan? Yes, I know Dum Dum in WW2 in Captain America... I meant a Dum Dum-like character since they already wasted Dum Dum, but SHIELD needs a Dum Dum!! Heck, how about.. The Son of Dum Dum! Please? Come on!! You all know you want it!

The Ant-man thing has been in development for a LONG LONG time now and it was ALWAYS rumored from day one that it would be an Edgar Wright film... thus, more comedy/comedy-action that straight up action. I always loved the idea of making Ant-man a comedy and I'm glad nothing's changed.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ThomasElliot

@ostyo

"Now the matter of Wasp is simple, changing the image of the character means you have to change the actual comic counterpart to match the character's mainstream/general public"

No, you don't have to.

"That caused a nightmare and poorly explained reason in Nick Fury's case"

No, it didn't.

"and if your idea is to use the ultimate Wasp, iit's just gonna cause even more problems"

Not really.

I don't care about political correctness, but at the same time your comments aren't as smart as you imagine them to be.

You're right though... no one HAS to be politically correct... FORCING political correctness is pretty much that same thing as being racist/bigoted. But all that other baseless reasoning almost seems like going out of your way to find and make up reasons to squash it.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

I will be on board if they can include this in the movie...seriously...and he should be Hank Pym if they are going to do that.

Spideress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx: What's wrong all white characters, shouldn't the focus be on their depth not skin?

Exactly - in which case it shouldn't matter if she's Asian, Black, or any other skin color.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@spideress: I don't care what race the actor is, most the time(Black Panther) all that matters is they get the best person for the job regardless of race I just don't want it to effect my comics and I don't trust Marvel to not be slaves to movies, the only thing they haven't done is brought back Happy Hogan.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

@ostyo: You're absolutely right that there isn't anything wrong with an all white movie, if the context makes sense. And like I said, I have no problem with the Wasp remaining white. But particularly when you are talking about such a huge blockbuster film, it isn't the best movie it can be if it is not inclusive. Most people identify just as strongly with their racial and ethnic backgrounds as they do with their gender, and for kids to have positive black characters, or Asian characters, or latino characters to look up to is just as important as positive female role models.

Non Hispanic whites do make up a majority of Americans, at 63% of the population based on the 2010 census, but that leaves 37% percent of the population unaccounted for. So if you just want to make it an issue of numbers, for every two white people on screen, you should have one person of color. The cast of the current Avengers has about three times less racial/ethnic diversity on average than America does.

Furthermore, almost all Marvel comics characters, including in the Avengers film franchise, come from and/or live in New York City. In NYC, non-Hispanic whites are still a plurality, but not even a majority, who only make up 35% of the population. Latinos make up about 28%, African Americans make up 25% of that population, and Asians make up 12%. So the math on that means for every three white characters, their should also be 3 approximately Latino characters, 2 black characters, and 1 Asian character. Now, unless you can think of any reason why their would be a racial bias in how super-powered accidents occur, the Avengers film cast is grossly under-representative.

And being a big blockbuster movie, studios expect to receive about half of their earnings in foreign markets. Globally, 60% of the world's population lives in Asia. So it makes financial sense that they might want to add someone of Asian descent to the roster. Particularly considering Iron Man 3 also took one Asian role out of the cinematic universe and replaced him again with another white male.

It's easy to think that white people are some sort of super majority when you look at American entertainment. And depending on where you live in the country, what you see on TV and movies might represent what you are accustomed to. But it is a factually inaccurate picture that Hollywood has painted, and that's a large reason why I think an Asian Wasp in the movies would be a step towards progress.

As for the whole Nick Fury Jr. thing, I think everyone can agree that was one of the stupidest decisions Marvel Comics has ever made. It doesn't mean Marvel Studios made a bad decision in casting Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury to begin with.

Avatar image for iron_fist_angel
Iron Fist Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think he's just messing with people. But everything else Wright and Pegg has done has been genius so I'd be cool with this.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Ostyo

@nappystr8: Man, I wanna reply to this when I have a computer and not phone. lol

Until then!

MarvelMan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capfanboy: My thoughts too! He would be best as Eric O'Grady

Avatar image for braynehurricane
braynehurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jonny_anonymous: In the trailer for Darabont's new TNT show Mob City (formerly L.A. Noir), Pegg does what sounds like a pretty good American accent. But there's definitely some distortion/FX on the audio so it's hard to tell if it's legitimately good or altered.

benblanks86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By benblanks86

Let's face it, if Simon Pegg had to play any character in comics it would have to bee Wee Hughie from the Boys. Ennis/Robertson have admitted that the character was based right off of Pegg himself. I haven't seen Start Trek, and apparently most don't think his accent is the best, but he's married to a Scottish woman, so the lessons are there for him. Basically what I'm saying is, I love Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg for that matter, but put Ant Man in the can for now I saw, and instead have Ennis commision Wright to do a movie based on the Boys instead. Which...would make a better television miniseries on HBO or AMC or what have you

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By MuyJingo

@nappystr8 said:

@ostyo: Most people identify just as strongly with their racial and ethnic backgrounds as they do with their gender, and for kids to have positive black characters, or Asian characters, or latino characters to look up to is just as important as positive female role models.

Furthermore, almost all Marvel comics characters, including in the Avengers film franchise, come from and/or live in New York City. In NYC, non-Hispanic whites are still a plurality, but not even a majority, who only make up 35% of the population. Latinos make up about 28%, African Americans make up 25% of that population, and Asians make up 12%. So the math on that means for every three white characters, their should also be 3 approximately Latino characters, 2 black characters, and 1 Asian character. Now, unless you can think of any reason why their would be a racial bias in how super-powered accidents occur, the Avengers film cast is grossly under-representative.

I trimmed your post just to address these two points.

As to the first, while I've heard that claimed a lot, I don't really buy into it. Race and ethnicity is not the same as culture. kids can be proud of and look up to other people in their culture....but just because someone is the same race, I don't think it makes a difference.

As to the second...you can't just go by population. Black Widow is Russian. Clint is a highly trained military operative..., Tony is a billionaire who inherited his wealth...Bruce Banner a highly educated scientist etc....

Each of these have their own race demographics...it isn't just about population. I agree with your point that the movie is under representative but then I don't think it is trying to be, or has to be.

I love Pegg (and Edger Wright for that matter) but I wonder if he can pull of an American accent because he sure as hell cant pull off a Scottish one.

His Scottish accent is fine. I lived in Edinburgh for 2 years...I have a pretty good idea. Besides, his wife who is Scottish coached him on how to speak....
Avatar image for mercwithamouth2385
MercWithaMouth2385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, ready? Ant-Man comes out after Avengers: Age of Ultron. Some say Pym will not be the creator and will not even appear in the next Avengers movie. If so that leaves us to believe that this tech was created by the next source that makes the most sense, Tony Stark. Ultron could even be a corruption of Jarvis' AI causing the program to make an army of Ultrons based on Iron Man armor blueprints. Maybe this will even lead to Stark abandoning his beloved program and manipulate the Extremis into an armor to benefit him. So with all that being said I don't think Simon Pegg would be cast as Pym in Ant-Man. I think that it'll be a serious role similar to the the Hank Pym we see in the Ultimate Avengers animations. However, Simon Pegg as Eric O'Grady as an easter egg comedy relief would be awesome. Take notes Edgar Wright!

welshguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've gone from really liking Simon Pegg to not. Maybe its over-exposure, or that I think he's the worst of the cast in the new star trek, or that I was hoping the World's End (his new comedy) would have been more Nick Frost centric only for it to once again centre on Pegg. Unless its Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead I don't really consider him good enough to carry a movie. He's good in those two movies because of the supporting cast, Nick Frost especially, primarily due to their close friendship. On his own he's either dull and unconvincing (Mission Impossible 3 & 4) or terrible (Scotty in Star Trek).

kilon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who cares. simon it is

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

Again...Still want Anakin as Ant-Man

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think Simon is just having fun with everyone. Tho I admit he would be a good choice for the character.

Beficed1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what Jesus replied I'm alarmed that some one able to earn $5201 in four weeks on the computer. have you seen this web link http://7.ly/RA2

Avatar image for katheri84340829
katheri84340829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my buddy's step-mother makes $77 hourly on the computer. She has been fired for 9 months but last month her paycheck was $16184 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on this site.....WWW.Rush64.ℂℴm

buzz86us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should set him up for a tease as Scott Lang... not sure if he could play Hank

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

@bokkie said:

You gotta love him in the movie Paul :)

I actually hated Paul. It was horrifically offensive Anti-Christianity, and not in a funny satirical way like South Park, in a hateful, cruel way. Only movie more dissapointing was *shudders*...The Devil Inside

EdwardGKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By EdwardGKing

I’m making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $95 but I see how it works now.I feel so much freedom now that I’m my own boss.go to this site home tab for more detail.... http://www.Day34.com

Avatar image for the_changing_man
The_Changing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is no way he could play ant-man he was the least believable character in star trek and they want him to play a character ten times smarter than skottie meaning we will be ten times less likely to believe anything he says. Nathan Fillion all the way for ant-man, either that or at a push an odd shout maybe but Jonny Lee Miller (also my shout for constantine should he ever be in a film).

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simon's actually a very clever choice for Ant-man. He's got the smartass, intelligent, clever vocabulary (as he writes) that Pym has. So I think it'd be a good fit, though I doubt it would come to fruition. I remember when everyone complained about Ledger as the Joker, Keaton as Batman (which I preferred more than any of them) and originally Jackman as Wolverine (too tall, to strong an accident and not tough enough looking... lol right). So I think they could make it work. Marvels casting is top of the line recently (ignoring Fox)

Avatar image for deactivated-6030f931768b5
deactivated-6030f931768b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'd fully support Pegg in the role of Any-Man, he's a fantastic actor.

slimchin23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i guess where gonna have to wait and see.

Hathouty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Hathouty

≥►.◄≤ as Melissa answered I cant believe that a mother able to get paid $5382 in one month on the internet. did you look at this site➡➡➡www.Blue78.com

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to address the question of the Wasp's ethnicity, which seems to be attracting a lot of attention on this thread. I agree that all ethnicities should get near equal representation in the media and that the Avenger's franchise should follow that idea. I also agree that one's ethnicity is not a defining character trait. However, not because it is essential to her character, but because I believe that once a character is created, they are what they are, I never liked taking a character and changing their ethnicity. I'm not saying characters can't evolve, but that would involve changes to their character and not their ethnicity. Short of going and getting your skin bleached or something equally dramatic, which could work in a comic if executed correctly, but is completely unnecessary, it takes a retcon to change a character's race. And though, sometimes, if they are both neccessary and executed correctly, a retcon can be tolerable, but overall, I hate retcons. For example, the New 52 retconned basically everything. Now decades worth of continuity is worthless. Also some characters, such as Hawkman and the Legion of Superheroes, have been retconned way too much making it very difficult to determine what their history actually is. Back to the subject at hand, I appreciate equal representation of various races, but don't believe taking an existing white character and changing their ethnicity is the way to go. Though many pulishers have done this to many characters, such as DC recently did with Wonder Woman character Etta Candy as part of the New 52 reboot, there are other ways to include other ethnic groups. For example, DC around the time they began the New 52, introduced a new version of the Ray, who just happened to be Asian. True, I do want to know what happened to Ray Terrill. However, who's to say they can't co-exist, or something can happen to Terrill where his powers change and he therefore picks a new code name. There are any number of possibilities. However, the issue at hand here is that they are adapting from source material that we don't want them to stray too far from. Creating a new character would be devastating to many fans who want a certain Avenger to be seen on the big screen. Then it's not just their Avenger that is not there but all the other existing characters in the history of the series, which makes it seem like they'll never get to the character one wants. However, since it is the adaptation of source material that this movie is dealing with, I have to point out, though I don't agree with it, that for the longest time whenever the Avengers added a black member to their roster, it was because someone pointed out that the entire roster was caucasion. Don't believe me, look it up. It happened with the Falcon, Rage, and Triathlon. I don't like it when source material is changed, and many agree with me on that. I'm not saying each movie's story should follow a certain existing arc in the comics. I'm saying that the other aspects of the series should be maintained through translation to other media. I'd also like to point out that though that if you flipped the roles, though it would be pretty much the same thing, it would be received completely oppositely. If you took a character who did not belong to a minority whether it be racial or related to sexuality (is there a word for that?) and place him or her into one of those minorities, the writer is hailed as a brilliant visionary for being so inclusive, while if the writer had taken a character from on of the minorities and made him or her a straight, white, Christian, etc. character that writer would be scorned as a bigot. To comment on some of what others have posted, females cannot find out they are the biological parent of someone they did not know about because they would have had to carry and give birth to that child. Maybe the point is that they'll make a dumb story as to why the Wasp would suddenly be Asian, and they may. However, that would be Marvel trying to cash in on the cinematic image and would not be motivated by noble means. Lastly, I've always thought it didn't make sense for a character whose last name is van Dyne to be Asian. If they change her ethnicity to Asian are they going to change her name as well, or would they come up with some silly story as to why there's an Asian named van Dyne. LIke I said, I hate retcons.

HuiZe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HuiZe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Olivia Munn playing an Asian wasp means little. You have to google her just to know she's part Asian. *shrug*