Could IW Iron Man really be planet level?

• 166 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@johndeyvido:

"It's not PIS since even the director explained Thanos was holding back in the Titan scene and that includes against iron man. The bolded part I have answered already. That feat doesn't make him close to Thor's level. Loki survive multiple slamming from an angry Hulk, is he close to hulk level?"

If it's confirmed that Thanos was holding back on Titan, then that would probably mean IM in IW isn't comparable to Thor at all, I agree (although I'm not sure about the validity of their statement when we clearly see Thanos struggle a lot in the actual movie. Russos say a lot of things so I'm not sure.)

Loki probably doesn't scale as that slamming looked pretty casual but that doesn't really compare to IM surviving Thor's amped hit from a non-holding back Thor.

"You did so by saying tony scales from the feat, that's what scaling means in that context. You are comparing tony to Thor if you scale tony from Thor."

I compared Tony to Thor, not the Power Stone beam to the Power Stone explosion. What do you mean?

"It's impossible for Thanos to one-shot the whole armor in one hit due to the size of his arms but Thanos was clearly destroying any part of the armor his fist came in contact with."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=osSJhXruEzU

0:54

I see Thanos failing to completely break through IM's armor despite hitting him several times? And this was him with killing intentions, so why would he pull his punches? I'm not saying that Thanos has to oneshot the whole armor with one punch, that wouldn't make much sense but it doesn't look to me like every hit completely breaks through the area he hits. I mean, his one punch didn't go through the armor and Tony, just cracks it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido:

"His helmet is irrelevant to the durability of his armor. He doesn't scale to any high-tier, simple. No character have survived a singularity in the mcu so I don't know what you are talking about."

Not a singularity, I meant Thor surviving that ship bust.

"Feats like what??"

IM surviving Helicarrier rotors, no holding back Thor's amped attack towards Thanos, surviving that meteor, Cull sending him through a city block or so, surviving that fall in IM 1 that made a crater on the ground. I'm pretty sure IM armor would be in pieces from these or at least receive much more damage than what IM did if his titanium gold armor worked like it would in real life. I am open to be proven wrong tho.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 killbilly  Moderator

No.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Lilbroomstick

lol He isn't planet level but let's not lowball him to mere titanium level durability(unless it's more durable than I think). He'd clown every version of Thor(pre Stormbreaker) and so would Comic Iron Man whose also technically made of Titanium.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: Also what I mean by Tony not wearing helmet when snapping is that that likely had an affect on how much of the energy affected him. We see the energy course through his flesh. I'm not sure if that scales to physical durability if the energy simply went into his veins.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick:

Hahqhahahahaha

Ur prolly serious but i remember this is comic vine so

Hahahhhha

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick:

Hahqhahahahaha

Ur prolly serious but i remember this is comic vine so

Hahahhhha

Alright I can play along with this clownery

Thor consistently gets oneshotted by Tasers
Thor consistently gets oneshotted by Tasers

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3:

So your argument is that Thanos didn't punch all the way through Tony's armor in a Disney movie? So because of this, Tony scales to Thor, am I right?

Thanos also punched Steve hard yet his head didn't burst like a ballon what does that tell you?

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3:

Tony's armor is actually 4x more durable than pure titanium so his feats aren't that unbelievable since titanium itself is pretty durable.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido:

*4x more durable than steel

Considering that Iron Man's even in his steel armor could no sell 50 cal headshots (it takes 1/2 inch to stop a single), I'd say the statement of it being gold-titanium is either BS or his alloy is a lot more durable than what we have.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Johndeyvido

@kryptonianking88:

I get your point since it's fiction but to actually suggest iron man and Thor are in similar levels of durability is ludicrous.

An alloy of titanium actually exists that's 4X harder than pure titanium.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido:

"So your argument is that Thanos didn't punch all the way through Tony's armor in a Disney movie? So because of this, Tony scales to Thor, am I right?"

Sure by feats yes. If real life circumstances affect the narrative of a fictional story, the affected story is still canon, still what we get. But you ignore that even if Thanos didn't go through IM and Tony with a punch, Thanos still had trouble completely shattering any area of the armor he hit with one punch.

As I said, if Thanos actually punched Cap hard, that's just PIS. The difference between those fights is that in one, Thanos had killing intentions judging by the fact that he stabbed Tony the first chance he got, while in the other one, he was simply knocking Avengers out casually.

"I get your point since it's fiction but to actually suggest iron man and Thor are in similar levels of durability is ludicrous."

We can directly compare them by judging the fight scenes. Nobody said it's 1:1.

"Tony's armor is actually 4x more durable than pure titanium so his feats aren't that unbelievable since titanium itself is pretty durable."

I highly doubt any real life material can take the punishment IM had, getting sent through city blocks, Helicarrier rotors, meteor (including Thor amped attack and Thanos punch) etc, IM didn't even have much scratch when most of these happened to him.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3:

It's clear we are completely talking about different things so I'll just stop here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: Ok man, this was getting tiring anyway. But what do you mean we are talking about different things? If you're point is IM isn't as durable as Thor, I never disagreed with that.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this not locked yet?

Tony's bleeding edge armour is amazing but it's only city level at best.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3:

Lol you might want to read your arguments again because you were doing that throughout this thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: I was arguing that IM had comparable durability to Thor, not arguing that he was as durable.

I've already made it clear several times what I really meant when I said IM scales to Thor.

Flashkings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus christ this is ridiculous

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 takenstew22  Moderator

I can't believe this actually lasted 3 pages and is still being debated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: It's more like how does IM durability compare to Thor and Thanos and the Power Stone ship explosion instead of planet level IM.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: welcome to comic vine i dont even argue with these clowns nm

They show pis low balls and conveniently ignore consistent feats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: Who's using PIS? If anyone is using PIS, it's John equating Captain America taking a punch from Thanos to IM taking a punch from Thanos.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3:

The two situation is comparable, Thanos was holding back against Cap and also Tony. He definitely hit Tony harder than he did Steve but he was still holding back against Tony(sth you refuse to acknowledge).

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3:

I think the problem here is English. Comparable means similar. If you say Tony is comparable to Thor in durability , you re saying he is on Thor's level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: The thing I'm asking is why would Thanos hold back against someone he stabbed in the gut the first chance he got? Like, what's the point if you're going to kill them anyway? I don't think that's comparable to the Cap scene since in that scene Thanos was clearly not trying at all judging by how he treated the Avengers on Earth.

Also, what about the fact IM armor withstood an amped strike from non-holding back Thor? That doesn't make him at all comparable to high tiers? As I said, I don't think IM is as durable as Thor but I don't understand why you refuse to ackowledge this feat?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: It is possible I used the term 'comparable' wrong as english isn't my first language. If so, apologies for that.

JamesKingNIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no

a8612152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not planetary obviously, but city level is also a lowball.

He was already city level in AoU, IW/EG Iron man is closer to mountain or island level and has really good energy durability.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people seriously believe DCEU characters are continental, this is just as ridiculous.

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Lilbroomstick

I was a fool to think it was wank before, MCU Iron Man is definitely a planetary threat . . .

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Lilbroomstick
@morghulis said:

@marygcrisostomo said:

According to @lilbroomstick he is

Mary, Mary, Mary… lol

Thanos attacked Iron Man with killing intent, the stab to his stomach would've indeed been fatal if it wasn't for Iron Man's ability to cover it. Thanos definitely was trying to kill Iron Man as implied by the directors.

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously. Considering that the power stone is planet level, and he tanked it, he is planet level. But let’s not forget who else is planet level. Doctor strange threw the mirror dimension and stopped the power stone blast, by breaking it. Spider-Man destroyed it to. So therefore we shall assume Spider-Man and Ironman are both above planet levels.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously. Considering that the power stone is planet level, and he tanked it, he is planet level. But let’s not forget who else is planet level. Doctor strange threw the mirror dimension and stopped the power stone blast, by breaking it. Spider-Man destroyed it to. So therefore we shall assume Spider-Man and Ironman are both above planet levels.

Spider-man is at least moon level for blocking a hit from Cull Obsidian, who could briefly overpowered Iron Man's flying bullrush

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Lilbroomstick
@morghulis said:

@lilbroomstick said:

@morghulis said:

@marygcrisostomo said:

According to @lilbroomstick he is

Mary, Mary, Mary… lol

Thanos attacked Iron Man with killing intent, the stab to his stomach would've indeed been fatal if it wasn't for Iron Man's ability to cover it. Thanos definitely was trying to kill Iron Man as implied by the directors.

Yes, and the Russo’s did state no one can beat him in h2h combat, IIRC. Therefore he scales above the Celestials and Dormammu because they have no h2h feats, so they can’t defeat him.

I don't remember that, but those guys definitely couldn't take Tony in a straight physical fight by feats. They'd have to win via cheating and trickery.

Poopiehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mcu iron man low diff hst

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazerbeak said:

Spider-man is at least moon level for blocking a hit from Cull Obsidian, who could briefly overpowered Iron Man's flying bullrush

So that makes Hulk planet level?

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Lilbroomstick
@lazerbeak said:
@lilbroomstick said:
@lazerbeak said:

So that makes Hulk planet level?

He is planet level to a lesser extent than IW Iron Man & Giant-Man. Cull Obsidian immediately recovered from a punch from Hulk who had momentum in a deleted scene. If we did a comparison it would be Captain Marvel (too much feminism power)>>>Giant-Man (killed Cull with 1 stomp)>>Iron Man (who dazed Cull for like 4 seconds with a normal uppercut)>>Professor Hulk>>>Hulkbuster

Avatar image for deactivated-633515ca77612
deactivated-633515ca77612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Room level

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers