• 74 results
Avatar image for deactivated-608a4905e3956
deactivated-608a4905e3956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Felt like asking this one. I had some debates with people, mostly on Spacebattles, who believe that higher stats can overcome any kind of hax. I also have heard character's with higher stats can't overcome said hax as they have no resistance towards it.

I am inclined to agree with the one who says that higher stats can't overcome hax. However, I'm curious about other people's thoughts on this.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it's just nonsense people spout so their fav characters doesn't get shit stomped by someone fodder in stats.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren said:

No, it's just nonsense people spout so their fav characters doesn't get shit stomped by someone fodder in stats.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No but it's easy for hax to become a NLF argument.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Depends on what the hax is. If it’s something that restricts muscle movement then strength could overcome it, if it’s matter manipulation then not so much.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren said:

Case in point: Ainz Ooal Gown against DBZ characters. Read any thread on Narutoforums with Ainz vs anyone, it's a s***storm guaranteed.

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good hax always beats raw stats if the more powerful character can't resist it/has their own hax, someone who can only bitchslap a planet in half can't do shit against a naturally intangible mind controller or something else like that.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the hax.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Felt like asking this one. I had some debates with people, mostly on Spacebattles, who believe that higher stats can overcome any kind of hax. I also have heard character's with higher stats can't overcome said hax as they have no resistance towards it.

I am inclined to agree with the one who says that higher stats can't overcome hax. However, I'm curious about other people's thoughts on this.

Of course they don't, except if that's an explicit limit built in the abilities on the characters in-universe like in Dragon Ball for example.

The more Ki reserves you have, the less the attacks are going to affect you in Dragon Ball.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people want to prove an ability will not work on their favourite characters, they better bring feats of that character resisting the mentioned ability.

That's called burden of proof.

That's how it works.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kidolio

It really depend on the type of hax, like gravity control is a hax which strong people can resist by being stronger but hax like fate manipulation don’t give a F**k how physical powerful you are.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 takenstew22  Moderator
Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends, at a certain point, I think we should assume that characters have at least a base resistance to hax, unless it's like a super particular hax.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only stats that matter in those cases is resistance to said hax. But in very rare occasions stats and straight up willpower can be enough. Superman, for example, willed up the resistance to being devolved into a primitive beast by Disciple's god primordial hax despite it working on him previously.

No Caption Provided

Of course Superman willing plot armor into existence is also a stealth power of his but I feel this can still count

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on if the Hax in question is NLF or no.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathandGrim2: His transformation into a primitive took a long time in both cases and didn't incapacitate him physically. He didn't really resist it.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the hax itself, but generally yes. Higher stats can/frequently overcome Hax. Those who have deluded themselves into thinking otherwise are the ones with a complex.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mimisalome

Genius level intellect could coerce/trick a haxer, assuming he was given a chance... otherwise he could go the almighty prep route which, as Batman debater demonstrated, is a hax on it's own.

Super-speed could overwhelm a haxer with poor reaction time.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus: ‘But generally maybe’ you mean like you said it depends. there’s so many different hax that rely heavily on physical power but many different hax that straight up ignore physical power.

Using any sort of blanket term for hax really isn’t completely accurate as Hax expand to a wide array of abilities.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DeathandGrim

@theanimal666: during the end it was much faster as implied by Diana being immediately turned to stone rather than taking forever

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the hax and the nature of the stats themselves.

In DB hax resistance works in relation to power level which kind of makes sense since more powerful characters are protected by ridiculous levels of energy that reside inside their bodies.

But no, stats doesn’t automatically give hax resistance.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the hax, and the difference in stats.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kyrees

depends on hax and depends on the difference of stats or else you might as well argue professor x can mindcontrol living tribunal given the latter's lack of showing in resisting mind control.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidolio said:

@azureus: ‘But generally maybe’ you mean like you said it depends. there’s so many different hax that rely heavily on physical power but many different hax that straight up ignore physical power.

Using any sort of blanket term for hax really isn’t completely accurate as Hax expand to a wide array of abilities.

While I mostly agree with you here, you are approaching this from a point where conditions indicate a level playing field here. A point where said stat dependent user would even have to deal with said hax. This is not the case. Generally speaking, overwhelming physical abilities can easily prevent the user from doing anything. They could easily be blitzed, oneshotted, or BFR'd before anything could happen. In a minority of cases, sometimes the subject is just so powerful, the hax itself just doesn't work.

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on which Vers we are talking about but yes in some Vers higher power can overcome Hax like Jiren Vs Hit or Freiza resist to Hakai ect.....

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like the others have said, it depends on the Hax and the person with higher stats

For example, Chiatzu in DB and DBZ is telekinetic and can move objects with him mind. However when facing Nappa, Nappa's strength and speed were to powerful for him and his telekinesis didn't work.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No.

SabbaVSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the circumstances unless it's Dragon Ball.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Eri_Joni  Online

I think speed can deal with hax.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kidolio

@azureus: I guess sort of but I was think more along the lines of, someone trying to tank a hax attack then but losing anyway because some hax doesn’t care about physical durability.

Tell me of one person that through pure physical might alone could survive an attack that changes every future to 100% result in their death.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidolio said:

@azureus: I guess sort of but I was think more along the lines of, someone trying to tank a hax attack then but losing anyway because some hax doesn’t care about physical durability.

Tell me of one person that through pure physical might alone could survive an attack that changes every future to 100% result in their death.

Conventionally speaking, that doesn't exist. It would be verse dependent. For instance in series like Bleach, Dragonball, and Fairy Tail higher power levels essentially dictate how effective said hax is on said person.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone else simply has to prevent said hax from being used to begin with.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus: That’s more of an anti-feat against the hax itself if the hax is said to be only effective on people as strong as you but isn’t effective against stronger people, that means that hax is limited. Of course if the hax wasn’t said to be weak ag ainst strong people and the person resisting just did it, it’s a feat for the person, not the verse itself.

Again I know but if it does get cast physical ability doesn’t matter in some cases. Like how no amount of physical power can help you if someone where to change the future where the caster wins a 100% of the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-6043ec881391e
deactivated-6043ec881391e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed is generally how you beat a haxed opponent. Hax becomes useless when you get blitzed before you can process a thought.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only very specific hax attacks

for the most part tho, no

Ebitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@ourmanuel said:
@godren said:

Case in point: Ainz Ooal Gown against DBZ characters. Read any thread on Narutoforums with Ainz vs anyone, it's a s***storm guaranteed.

Though in the DBZ verse, the higher your Power/Ki level, the stronger your hax resistance usually. If the Power level is much too higher than your opponent, in the DBZ verse, your opponent's hax would not work on you.

For example, SSBx10 Goku and Jiren being able to overcome Hit's timeskip and Vegito being able to wreck Buu despite being turned into a piece of freakin chocolate.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kgb725

Are we talking about Shonen ?

Ebitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the hax itself, but generally yes. Higher stats can/frequently overcome Hax. Those who have deluded themselves into thinking otherwise are the ones with a complex https://gbwhatsapp.fun/

It depends on the verse tbh.

Ebitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Are we talking about Shonen ?

All fiction in general, but I feel that this question is very verse specific.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"higher stats overcome special abilities" ?

It depends of the limitations, in-universe, of those abilities and it depends also against which attributes those abilities are used.

There is little chance for a heightened durability to protect you against telepathy but having a strong willpower, can or cannot help depending on what you need to fight back.

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the hax

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FaradaySloth

It depends on the hax, but most of the time no.

You need to have hax resistance, period. Saying NLF is a cop-out and honestly a concession.

You don't resist shit like reality warping simply by being faster than the user.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You need to have hax resistance, period. Saying NLF is a cop-out and honestly a concession.

You don't resist shit like reality warping simply by being faster than the user.

Damn right.
NLF doesn't exist :p

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth said:

Damn right.

NLF exists but it's also very rare. If the user of the ability has clearly lost before and had limits to that power then it can't be an NLF, therefore it's up to the opponent to see if they counter the ability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanimal666 said:
@faradaysloth said:

Damn right.

NLF exists but it's also very rare. If the user of the ability has clearly lost before and had limits to that power then it can't be an NLF, therefore it's up to the opponent to see if they counter the ability.

I think that NLF is just an excuse people use to shift the burden of proof.

Example:

If a character X can't resist an ability, the person defending it call out the other person in NLF to avoid posting feats of the character X resisting the said ability.

That's normally how it works in a debate.

The one making the claim that the ability will not work on his character has to prove why it will not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ede7a8106dc9
deactivated-5ede7a8106dc9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No you need to prove resistance to said hax. A character with planet level strenfht doesn’t mean he has TP resistant feats.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TonyStark6999

Yes, but the stats should be a lot higher, and if the hax doesn't have the feats to show it can affect such higher beings.

Avatar image for deactivated-618e8d8010a42
deactivated-618e8d8010a42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. You need resistance for hax, or you can´t resist it. Don´t compare regular abilities with hax, there is a reason why people made that term. Unless someone will claim a universal brick can resist death manipulation, or quantum manipulation.