#1 Posted by the_stegman (39789 posts) - - Show Bio

Well my swords and sorcery friends, it looks like after years and years, Marvel has gotten the rights to Conan the Barbarian back!

Marvel Entertainment and Conan Properties International announced an agreement today to bring Robert E. Howard’s famed pulp hero back to the comics publisher beginning in January 2019.

Introduced in 1932 in a series of sword-and-sorcery stories published in Weird Tales, Conan made his Marvel Comics debut in 1970 in Conan the Barbarian, by Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor-Smith. The popularity of that title soon spawned the Savage Sword of Conan black-and-white magazine and a daily newspaper comic strip, as well as subsequent series like King Conan/Conan the King, Conan the Adventurerand Conan the Savage.

Dark Horse which currently publishes Conan comics, has held the license since 2003. It has also published collections of Marvel’s Conan titles.

“From Barry Windsor-Smith to John Buscema to Neal Adams, a legendary lineup of amazing artists brought Conan to life in the pages of Marvel comics,” Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski said in a statement. “It’s a legacy we’re now going to live up to with the talent we have lined up for the Cimmerian barbarian’s homecoming in early 2019. We’re excited!”

I find this a bit funny seeing as how recently Conan has had a crossover with DC's Wonder Woman!

LINK

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by MOWJACK (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

don't pair him with thor

Avatar image for generalbeastgod
#3 Posted by generalbeastgod (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not. Marvel taking everything anyway.

#4 Posted by phillip33 (3105 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by kgb725 (17710 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@mowjack: You're right these 2 need to meet

#6 Posted by MainJP (5324 posts) - - Show Bio

Neat-o.

#7 Posted by Magian (149831 posts) - - Show Bio

I find this a bit funny seeing as how recently Conan has had a crossover with DC's Wonder Woman!

Was thinking the same thing.